Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,841 members, 7,817,491 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Drama Awaits As Lukman Defies Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drama Awaits As Lukman Defies Jonathan (3592 Views)

Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter / Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drama Awaits As Lukman Defies Jonathan by dammit4u(m): 7:47pm On Dec 25, 2009
watchin nd waitin 4 GOD'S intervention.
Re: Drama Awaits As Lukman Defies Jonathan by Knight1(m): 7:53pm On Dec 25, 2009
@becomrich
OBJ was more powerful than all them north together, that's why he could foist UMY on IBB and Co and nothing! happened.

I suspect that there will be a cover plot to save 'social prefect's' face sha, maybe that Lukam had an urgent medical need to attend to or some bla bla
Re: Drama Awaits As Lukman Defies Jonathan by metalgong5(m): 8:34pm On Dec 25, 2009
Some folks are just forcing themselves into the black list of Goodluck Jonathan.They better start fasting so that Jonathan wont be sworn in as the president because that will be the period Jonathan would show them his true color: That there is really a difference between being in the powerless vice president position and being the president.
Re: Drama Awaits As Lukman Defies Jonathan by ov: 10:00pm On Dec 25, 2009
o boy!

i don rush go buy bread and akara plus orobo coke. i need to relax wella n watch this unfolding home video starring goodluck and lukwan.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY grin
Re: Drama Awaits As Lukman Defies Jonathan by Roliks09: 10:02pm On Dec 25, 2009
I hope VP  Goodluck isnt on NL. He looks clueless often times and I'm sure grandpa Lukman must have thought- whats this boy that doesnt know what he's doing telling me? anyway, lets just sit down and enjoy the unfolding executive drama,set at the seat of power.
Re: Drama Awaits As Lukman Defies Jonathan by koolchicco: 10:05pm On Dec 25, 2009
[size=0pt] .[/size]
Re: Drama Awaits As Lukman Defies Jonathan by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 25, 2009
There is nothing Jonathan can do at the moment and he should not even try to do anything. If a public servant refuses to take orders all you can do is sack them. Jonathan is not empowered constitutionally to sack a Yar'adua minister at the moment. He is the Vice President of a Nation and not the Vice Principal of a school and as such can not call Lukman out at the morning devotion and give him seven lashes of the cain.

So lets not look forward to a stand-off between Jonathan vs Lukman because Jonathan does not have authority over Lukman.

However if Jonathan is ever sworn in, expect lukman to be fired in a possible cabinet shake-up.

All Jonathan needs to do now is just chill and ignore lukman. If anything its more an embarassment to Nigeria than Jonathan as this behaviour from Lukman is the kind you get when no one is in charge.
Re: Drama Awaits As Lukman Defies Jonathan by blkmum700: 11:46pm On Dec 25, 2009
@becomrich,

even if jonathan become president, he would still not have power. Obasanjo was there for 8 years, what did he do for the south. All project went to the north. I dont see any different. The only solution is Benin republic.

You always suprise me by the way you want d south to join benin republic,Are you from Benin republic?i guess you are from there, thats is why you want us join them.
Re: Drama Awaits As Lukman Defies Jonathan by xterra2(m): 12:56am On Dec 26, 2009
This is so disgraceful,Imagine Jonathan is the Vice-president at least,he should be respected and that the vice president is doing what he feels is better to end the suffering of nigerians by the fuel scarcity.Worse still,it is not for official business
This Lukman should be sacked not onlt for that,the real minister of petroleum is the minister of state,Lukman hardly appears in the news,hardly goes to meeting,hardly doing his job.Imagine this is the 4th time as the minister of petroleum in Naija and was the former boss @ OPEC,very old man.Enough is enough,
You see if Goodluck was the Acting president Lukman can never do so elsehe MAY get sacked,
very sad, Jonathan should be respected pls
Re: Drama Awaits As Lukman Defies Jonathan by Alxmyr(m): 4:58am On Dec 26, 2009
4 Play:

In the spirit of the rotational Presidency, Jonathan should resign and make way for a Northerner. There is an implicit understanding that the Presidency is to be rotated every 8 years from North to South.

So if you are Jonathan, you will resign when even Yar'Adua did not resign? Some people are outrightly stu.pi.d.
Re: Drama Awaits As Lukman Defies Jonathan by Knight1(m): 8:20am On Dec 26, 2009
Even if/when Jonathan becomes acting prez, i don't think he'll still be able to sack Lukman (even tho' he has the official powers), very unfortunate sha, that Jonathan has so little influence even after 2 yrs as VPsad
Re: Drama Awaits As Lukman Defies Jonathan by mamagee3(f): 10:02pm On Dec 26, 2009
Jonathan Goodluck needs to fuc.k off like his brother Yaradua,
who is having a good rest in a Saudi Arabian hospital
tongue
Re: Drama Awaits As Lukman Defies Jonathan by Pifa: 12:22am On Dec 27, 2009
Whether Jonathan does anything or not, the damage has been done, perhaps not to Jonathan himself, but to the institution of the presidency. It's a surprise to me that members of his party and the cabinet are not condemning his intransigence and disrespect for the office of the vice president. When a Republican congressman disrespected Pres. Obama during Obama's first address to a joint session of congress, even his Republican party members went out of their way to apologize to the president.

This is one of our problems in Africa: we respect “strongmanism”, but we have contempt for the institution. Isn't this what Obama lectured about when he went to Ghana…that Africa doesn't need strongmen; Africa needs strong institutions. It's not about the man but the office he holds.

See my post here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-371035.96.html#msg5191442
Re: Drama Awaits As Lukman Defies Jonathan by hatbreaker: 2:14am On Dec 27, 2009
what do you expect??luckman has been in the energy sector looking for what i do not know for donkey years!eating Ego $$$ and drinkin Pami, yet the nigerian system is still in disarray.Bastards!!!!!saboteurs of the Nigerian state.hisssssssss,
Re: Drama Awaits As Lukman Defies Jonathan by Meldrick(m): 2:44pm On Dec 28, 2009
Can you imagine this old man disregarding the VP. It's so annoying. No matter how powerless the people might see Jonathan, he has to do something if not other ministers will take queue.

Re: Drama Awaits As Lukman Defies Jonathan by Walency(m): 1:27pm On Jan 01, 2010
Alxmyr:

So if you are Jonathan, you will resign when even Yar'Adua did not resign? Some people are outrightly stu.pi.d.

Martian:

Every 8 years? That means the incumbent will never lose!!!! What a joke.

Thanks guys for replying ds ninc.
Nairalanders pls can you just imagine that we still have people like this!!!!
This people have now turned Nigeria to their fathers office.
Understanding ?when, where why.
We all no those dt hv bn ruling this country till 2003.left to me Baba iyabo was still a member of their staff till 2003.
They have been the ones ruling ever since.b4 & afta

1 day go be 1 day,monkey go go mkt im go neva return.GOD pass dem.HE will surely reward dm 4 d injustice done 2 d opressed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exposed: The Lies And Deceits Of Governor Okorocha ******* A Must Read! / First Picture Of Buhari Surfaces Online After 68 Days In London [photo] / The Nigerian Revolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.