Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

The Nigerian Revolution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Revolution (3595 Views)

Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) / Nigerians Storm The Nigerian Embassy In UK, Protest Deplorable State (Video) / Ibe Kachikwu Shakes Baru At The Nigerian Economic Summit, Earlier Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Revolution by Pato5(m): 11:53am On Jul 29, 2017
THE NIGERIAN REVOLUTION
Over the last years, there has been a sudden realization that the ultimate solution to the Nigerian problem is a revolution. This may be true but in Nigeria, a revolution is simply a tussle of power between one political class and another. This can be illustrated by the “occupy Lagos “ of 2012 against the government’s policy of subsidy removal. Though it was a success, it was not really a fight for the masses but a well strategized plan by a political class against another where the imminent need of a people was politicized to gain points. The good thing about this is that it proved that power belongs to the people.
A true revolution is a fight by the masses against the elite. The elite has no categorization like religious inclination or ethnic identity. The elite no matter how you see it or made to believe are unified in plundering the collective resources of the people. This can be seen in the cases of nepotism and godfathers.
Nigeria can never be said to be prosperous unless “the son of nobody becomes somebody without knowing nobody “
The greatest tool our elite use in holding us all captive is the ultimate rule of power -Divide and Conquer. The make believe that we are different (religion, ethnicity, etc.). This has been the problem. True revolution is never possible with the current psychological orientation of our people.
The first step in achieving a true revolution is in seeing the unity in our diversity. Let me use myself as an example. I am Igbo by tribe, born and brought up in the middle belt and schooled in the far north. I decided to investigate why we think we are not homogeneous. In school, I joined politics. My political class on campus were made up of different ethnic groups (Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Igala, etc.). We fought a political war on campus against politics of religion and ethnicity. This was the bane of politics in my campus. Every elective position is always about: Is he a Christian /Muslim, indigene/settler etc. By doing this, competence is sacrificed on the altar of religious /ethnic differences. From my experience, the Muslim sees a Christian as an infidel who should not rule him, a Christian sees a Muslim as pagan who should not rule him, the Igbo sees a Hausa man as a lower being he should not take orders from, the Hausa man sees the Igbo man as a domineering being who should not be allowed to get to power, likewise Igbo-Yoruba, Yoruba-Hausa.
We have to see the beauty in our differences rather than the ugliness. No country in the world is really homogeneous in nature (China, India, Russian, UK, USA to name but a few). Our homogeneity should be in our psychological orientation. This is the true path to greatness.
While in the Eastern part of the country for some period, I was opportune time listen to the new secessionist in town. As a person who likes to see the beauty in people, I try to see what can be learnt from him to move our nation forward. His fellowship is just alarming and what inspires me more is his class of followers. These are majorly the artisans, traders, and all those we may classify as the third class. Whether he succeeds or not is something else entirely. He has succeeded in pulling millions to his side who now see him as a Mandela who will liberate them from their perceived sufferings. The opium is so strong that his people no longer regard their rulers as they now see them as being compromised and sold out.
I thought to myself if we can replicate something similar in other parts of the country and unify the masses then we can bend the government to our will and establish a new political system where the son of nobody becomes somebody without knowing nobody. A system where the resources of the people will be fully utilized to create wealth for the people. A system where the 1% will no longer hold the 99% under captivity. A system where we have leaders not rulers. A system where performance and competence is chosen over religion and ethnicity. This is the true revolution...

Patrick. C. O
B. ENG Elect/Elect

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by vanbonattel: 11:54am On Jul 29, 2017
Every region should revolt on their own terms. I dont want to face the problem of tribalism on the revolution grounds. The thing attecting the east or South, is different from what is affecting the west, or north.

Separation is a better solution.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by Pato5(m): 12:01pm On Jul 29, 2017
vanbonattel:
Every region should revolt on their own terms. I dont want to face the problem of tribalism on the revolution grounds. The thing attecting the east or South, is different from what is affecting the west, or north.

Separation is a better solution.
Even within each tribe there will be sub units
Trust me separation is entirely not the solution. What you thing is a problem in the east is also a problem in the west et al.
See the unity in our diversity dear
Re: The Nigerian Revolution by vanbonattel: 12:10pm On Jul 29, 2017
Pato5:

Even within each tribe there will be sub units
Trust me separation is entirely not the solution. What you thing is a problem in the east is also a problem in the west et al.
See the unity in our diversity dear

How can I be agitating for a joint country with yorubas who still see me as a stranger even with my lands and property bought and maintained in yorubaland? Me that was born in Lagos and some people come up and tell me they are omo alaye and expect me to settle them?

What sort of troublesome union is that?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by PenSniper: 12:16pm On Jul 29, 2017
vanbonattel:

How can I be agitating for a joint country with yorubas who still see me as a stranger even with my lands and property bought and maintained in yorubaland? Me that was born in Lagos and some people come up and tell me they are omo alaye and expect me to settle them?

To your tents O Israel, simple.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by Pato5(m): 12:17pm On Jul 29, 2017
vanbonattel:

I know how it feels. Even here in the north while growing up I have been told to go back to my undeveloped region.
Believe me this division only favors the elite.
Re: The Nigerian Revolution by vanbonattel: 12:21pm On Jul 29, 2017
Pato5:

I know how it feels. Even here in the north while growing up I have been told to go back to my undeveloped region.
Believe me this division only favors the elite.

It doesn't favour the elites alone, what about the street urchins and miscreants constituting themselves as nuisance and disturbing every movement I make with my business while the state government gives them protection?

The country is very doomed.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by Pato5(m): 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2017
vanbonattel:

It doesn't favour the elites alone, what about the street urchins and miscreants constituting themselves as nuisance and disturbing every movement I make with my business while the state government gives them protection?

The country is very doomed.
I have done business in the east, I can't say my experience cause I will be promoting disunity.
This is a fight for all. It's natural for human to be jealous of his neighbor's perceived success. Come closer to those you perceive as enemy and show love and you will see the beauty
Re: The Nigerian Revolution by laudate: 1:30pm On Jul 29, 2017
vanbonattel:

The same thing happens in Port-harcourt and different parts of Rivers State, Bayelsa and certain areas in Delta State. Their touts will always come up to you to demand one levy or the other.
Re: The Nigerian Revolution by vanbonattel: 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2017
laudate:

The same thing happens in Port-harcourt and different parts of Rivers State, Bayelsa and certain areas in Delta State. Their touts will always come up to you to demand one levy or the other.

Glad you said some parts.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by laudate: 1:36pm On Jul 29, 2017
vanbonattel:
Glad you said some parts.
Why? Should I have said every part, when that is not the case? Some of us deal with facts. Others like you, deal in exaggeration.

Pato5:

I have done business in the east, I can't say my experience cause I will be promoting disunity.
This is a fight for all. It's natural for human to be jealous of his neighbor's perceived success. Come closer to those you perceive as enemy and show love and you will see the beauty
Share your experience in the east, please. I am sure it would enlighten some people.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by vanbonattel: 1:36pm On Jul 29, 2017
Pato5:

That's the problem, how can I show omo alaye love?

6 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by vanbonattel: 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2017
laudate:

Why? Should I have said every part, when that is not the case? Some of us deal with facts. Others like you, deal in exaggeration.

Is there any "part" of yorubaland that is accommodating to Igbos?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by laudate: 1:43pm On Jul 29, 2017
vanbonattel:
Is there any "part" of yorubaland that is accommodating to Igbos?
Yeah, several. undecided I have visited all the states in the Southwest, from Lagos, to Ogun, Osun, Oyo, Ondo and parts of Kwara and Kogi, where Yoruba communities are located. I do not think there is anywhere, from Ifo to Efon-Alaye, Okemesi to Ikare, or Okitipupa to even Badagry, where you would not find an Igbo man. If Yorubaland was so hostile to them, why would they keep trooping there? shocked

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by vanbonattel: 1:50pm On Jul 29, 2017
laudate:

Yeah, several. undecided I have visited all the states in the Southwest, from Lagos, to Ogun, Osun, Oyo, Ondo and parts of Kwara and Kogi, where Yoruba communities are located. I do not think there is anywhere, from Ifo to Efon-Alaye, Okemesi to Ikare, or Okitipupa to even Badagry, where you would not find an Igbo man. If Yorubaland was so hostile to them, why would they keep trooping there? shocked

We are even in Maiduguri and will even do business in Sambisa forest, that does not mean the place is accommodating.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by laudate: 1:55pm On Jul 29, 2017
vanbonattel:
We are even in Maiduguri and will even do business in Sambisa forest, that does not mean the place is accommodating.
So out of all the towns, villages and hamlets in Yorubaland, which ones are not accommodating? List them. sad And if they are not accommodating, why do your people still troop there? shocked Why can't they sit down in their own region? Na by force? You claim a place is not accommodating, yet you do everything humanely possible to rush down there, settle down there, do business and even try to buy property there.... and you have the guts to claim it is not 'accommodating.' If it was hostile to you and your people, would they have been able to reside there? Or is it that you just do not know the meaning of the word 'accommodating?' undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by vanbonattel: 1:58pm On Jul 29, 2017
laudate:

So out of all the towns, villages and hamlets in Yorubaland, which ones are not accommodating? List them. sad And if they are not accommodating, why do your people still troop there? shocked Why can't they sit down in their own region? Na by force? You claim a place is not accommodating, yet you do everything humanely possible to rush down there, settle down there, do business and even try to buy property there.... and you have the guts to claim it is not 'accommodating.' If it was hostile to you and your people, would they have been able to reside there? Or is it that you do not know the meaning of the word 'accommodating?' undecided

Like I told you earlier, we settle because of our need to do business and survive, not because the people welcomed us. They only sell lands to us because we can afford to buy them at ridiculously high prices, not because they love us.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by laudate: 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2017
vanbonattel:
Like I told you earlier, we settle because of our need to do business and survive, not because the people welcomed us. They only sell lands to us because we can afford to buy them at ridiculously high prices, not because they love us.
You are just being mischievous. undecided If those places in Yorubaland were not accommodating, you would not even be able to do business there and survive. So stop exaggerating. For you and your people to troop into those places on a daily basis, it only proves that it is your own region which you struggle to escape from, that is not accommodating. Other ethnic groups also live within those places that were mentioned earlier in Yorubaland, and none of them have come up to say Yorubaland is not accommodating. sad

And no one forces you to buy their land at a high price. You simply chose to do so. So why complain? shocked Are the land owners selling that same piece of land at a lower price, to people from other ethnic groups that are different from your own?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by vanbonattel: 2:07pm On Jul 29, 2017
laudate:

You are just being mischievous. undecided If those places in Yorubaland were not accommodating, you would not even be able to do business there and survive. So stop exaggerating. For you and your people to troop into those places on a daily basis, it only proves that it is your own region which you struggle to escape from, that is not accommodating. Other ethnic groups also live within those places that were mentioned earlier in Yorubaland, and none of them have come up to say Yorubaland is not accommodating. sad

Now you're getting emotional, tell me what you mean by accommodating? Giving us free capital or lands to settle and cooking rice for all those who travel to the South West?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by laudate: 2:14pm On Jul 29, 2017
vanbonattel:
Now you're getting emotional, tell me what you mean by accommodating? Giving us free capital or lands to settle and cooking rice for all those who travel to the South West?
Nobody is getting emotional. You are the one casting aspersions on other ethnic groups, and claiming that they are not 'accommodating.' undecided Like I asked you earlier, do you know the meaning of the word accommodating? Check the dictionary before you start throwing words around, anyhow. sad Who even said accommodation has to be free? Oh, you want them to give you free lands and houses, before you can say they are accomodating? shocked Why are you people so strange? Things you cannot allow strangers to do to you in your own region, you expect to get it for free when you get to the Southwest.

I will always say one thing. I may not be from the Southwest, but the people there and their cities have been quite favourable to me. Unlike you, I will not turn round in ingratitude, to tar them with a black brush of calumny. undecided

6 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by vanbonattel: 2:18pm On Jul 29, 2017
laudate:

Nobody is getting emotional. You are the one casting aspersions on other ethnic groups, and claiming that they are not 'accommodating.' undecided Like I asked you earlier, do you know the meaning of the word accommodating? Check the dictionary before you start throwing words around, anyhow. sad Who even said accommodation has to be free? Oh, you want them to give you free lands and houses, before you can say they are accomodating? shocked Why are you people so strange? Things you cannot allow strangers to do to you in your own region, you expect to get it for free when you get to the Southwest.

I will always say one thing. I may not be from the Southwest, but the people there and their cities have been quite favourable to me. Unlike you, I will not turn round in ingratitude, to tar them with a black brush of calumny. undecided

In your long essay, you still failed to prove the South West is accommodating to Igbos. What is it the people of the south west are doing for Igbo people to make them earn the title of "accommodating "

Please list your points serially and stop throwing temper tantrums.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by laudate: 2:25pm On Jul 29, 2017
vanbonattel:
In your long essay, you still failed to prove the South West is accommodating to Igbos. What is it the people of the south west are doing for Igbo people to make them earn the title of "accommodating "

Please list your points serially and stop throwing temper tantrums.
He who asserts must prove. sad So stop trying to twist the story. You claimed they are not 'accommodating.' I have asked you repeatedly to define 'accommodating'. I have even asked you if it is all parts of the Southwest that are not 'accommodating.' Instead of doing so, you are trying to be mischievous by twisting the narrative. Na so una dey do. mtcheew sad The tantrums you have been throwing are visible to everyone. Weren't you the first person to start whining, that you had to pay levies to touts and that the Southwest was not accommodating? As if the touts at Onitsha and Aba are more welcoming, than those in other areas of the Southeast.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by vanbonattel: 4:47pm On Jul 29, 2017
laudate:

He who asserts must prove. sad So stop trying to twist the story. You claimed they are not accommodating. I have asked you repeatedly to define accommodating. I have even asked you if it is all parts of the Southwest that are not accommodating. Instead of doing so, you are trying to be mischievous by twisting the narrative. Na so una dey do. mtcheew sad The tantrums you have been throwing are visible to everyone. Weren't you the first person to start whining, that you had to pay levies to touts and that the Southwest was not accommodating? As if the touts at Onitsha and Aba are more welcoming, than those in other areas of the Southeast.

Let's do to this way Laudate , the South West is not accommodating to Igbos or any other tribes in Nigeria because;

1. The government of the South West states have no special polices packaged for only Igbos, they neither grant them loans to do business nor give them tax waivers because they are Igbos.

2. The indigenous people of the south west do not issue free lands or free accommodation for either temporary or permanent settlers in yorubaland.

3. There is no special hotels and bukaterias where food is given to Igbos or any other tribes in Nigeria because they are visitors.

4. I have never heard that Yoruba people give their children in marriage to visitors free of charge. Or reduce the bride price just because the husband to be is an Igbo.

5. There is no government in yorubaland that has built, completed and handed over shops to Igbos free of charge.

Now, tell me more about the word "accommodating " grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by ndat(m): 5:07pm On Jul 29, 2017
Pato5:
THE NIGERIAN REVOLUTION
Over the last years, there has been a sudden realization that the ultimate solution to the Nigerian problem is a revolution. This may be true but in Nigeria, a revolution is simply a tussle of power between one political class and another. This can be illustrated by the “occupy Lagos “ of 2012 against the government’s policy of subsidy removal. Though it was a success, it was not really a fight for the masses but a well strategized plan by a political class against another where the imminent need of a people was politicized to gain points. The good thing about this is that it proved that power belongs to the people.
A true revolution is a fight by the masses against the elite. The elite has no categorization like religious inclination or ethnic identity. The elite no matter how you see it or made to believe are unified in plundering the collective resources of the people. This can be seen in the cases of nepotism and godfathers.
Nigeria can never be said to be prosperous unless “the son of nobody becomes somebody without knowing nobody “
The greatest tool our elite use in holding us all captive is the ultimate rule of power -Divide and Conquer. The make believe that we are different (religion, ethnicity, etc.). This has been the problem. True revolution is never possible with the current psychological orientation of our people.
The first step in achieving a true revolution is in seeing the unity in our diversity. Let me use myself as an example. I am Igbo by tribe, born and brought up in the middle belt and schooled in the far north. I decided to investigate why we think we are not homogeneous. In school, I joined politics. My political class on campus were made up of different ethnic groups (Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Igala, etc.). We fought a political war on campus against politics of religion and ethnicity. This was the bane of politics in my campus. Every elective position is always about: Is he a Christian /Muslim, indigene/settler etc. By doing this, competence is sacrificed on the altar of religious /ethnic differences. From my experience, the Muslim sees a Christian as an infidel who should not rule him, a Christian sees a Muslim as pagan who should not rule him, the Igbo sees a Hausa man as a lower being he should not take orders from, the Hausa man sees the Igbo man as a domineering being who should not be allowed to get to power, likewise Igbo-Yoruba, Yoruba-Hausa.
We have to see the beauty in our differences rather than the ugliness. No country in the world is really homogeneous in nature (China, India, Russian, UK, USA to name but a few). Our homogeneity should be in our psychological orientation. This is the true path to greatness.
While in the Eastern part of the country for some period, I was opportune time listen to the new secessionist in town. As a person who likes to see the beauty in people, I try to see what can be learnt from him to move our nation forward. His fellowship is just alarming and what inspires me more is his class of followers. These are majorly the artisans, traders, and all those we may classify as the third class. Whether he succeeds or not is something else entirely. He has succeeded in pulling millions to his side who now see him as a Mandela who will liberate them from their perceived sufferings. The opium is so strong that his people no longer regard their rulers as they now see them as being compromised and sold out.
I thought to myself if we can replicate something similar in other parts of the country and unify the masses then we can bend the government to our will and establish a new political system where the son of nobody becomes somebody without knowing nobody. A system where the resources of the people will be fully utilized to create wealth for the people. A system where the 1% will no longer hold the 99% under captivity. A system where we have leaders not rulers. A system where performance and competence is chosen over religion and ethnicity. This is the true revolution...

Patrick. C. O
B. ENG Elect/Elect
this is only sensible piece I read for quite sometimes now.....God bless u!!!
Re: The Nigerian Revolution by laudate: 9:10pm On Jul 29, 2017
vanbonattel:
Let's do to this way Laudate , the South West is not accommodating to Igbos or any other tribes in Nigeria because;

1. The government of the South West states have no special polices packaged for only Igbos, they neither grant them loans to do business nor give them tax waivers because they are Igbos.

2. The indigenous people of the south west do not issue free lands or free accommodation for either temporary or permanent settlers in yorubaland.

3. There is no special hotels and bukaterias where food is given to Igbos or any other tribes in Nigeria because they are visitors.

4. I have never heard that Yoruba people give their children in marriage to visitors free of charge. Or reduce the bride price just because the husband to be is an Igbo.

5. There is no government in yorubaland that has built, completed and handed over shops to Igbos free of charge.

Now, tell me more about the word "accommodating " grin
Your long epistle has just revealed one thing - you equate the word 'accommodating,' to mean free food, free shops, free land and free houses. Your mindset is obviously built on getting something, for nothing. sad And that is where your greatest mistake lies. There is nothing that equates the word 'accommodating,' with freebies.

Even if you go to a hotel today, to request for permanent or temporary accommodation, you would still pay a fee. undecided I repeat, if the Southwest was not 'accommodating,' as you have been trying so hard to prove, you and your people would not have been able to set up shop there, or even think of residing there. By migrating down to the Southwest, you have just proved to all and sundry, that your own region is not accommodating, and it is hostile to your enterprise and unsupportive of your commercial pursuits. Your words have simply shown to everyone, that you are nothing, but a freeloader. sad

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by vanbonattel: 9:27pm On Jul 29, 2017
laudate:

Your long epistle has just revealed one thing - you equate the word 'accommodating,' to mean free food, free shops, free land and free houses. Your mindset is obviously built on getting something, for nothing. sad And that is where your greatest mistake lies. There is nothing that equates the word 'accommodating,' with freebies.

Even if you go to a hotel today, to request for permanent or temporary accommodation, you would still pay a fee. undecided I repeat, if the Southwest was not 'accommodating,' as you have been trying so hard to prove, you and your people would not have been able to set up shop there, or even think of residing there. By migrating down to the Southwest, you have just proved to all and sundry, that your own region is not accommodating, and it is hostile to your enterprise and unsupportive of your commercial pursuits. Your words have simply shown to everyone, that you are nothing, but a freeloader. sad

See where you are wrong, can I call an hotel "accommodating" if I am paying for the services they render me? No. I will say they are doing their jobs, and they are doing it because I can pay for the services. If any other poor man enters and cannot pay, he will be thrown out. No mercy. Hotels are never accommodating. They are doing their business.

I can equate the situation we the Igbos face in various parts of Nigeria to a hotel service. We pay for land or shops, you allow us to stay. When you finish eating the one we give you by month end, even when my rents has not expired, your youths start barking again, and we must somehow, grudgingly settle them, just to keep our businesses afloat, because we need the ports to bring in our merchandise.

But while a good hotel will collect your money and render services and security, your people collect our money via land sales, taxes, rates, fines and other punitive levies, and still turn back and ask us to clap for you because you are accommodating us in your place?

You still send illegal gangs to harass our traders, you send omo onille to ask for more money everyday, you send agberos to hold our goods and delay our businesses, you use police to terrorise our people while they try to chill out in bars in the evening.

Where is the accommodating, Laudate?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by laudate: 9:33pm On Jul 29, 2017
vanbonattel:
See where you are wrong, can I call an hotel "accommodating" if I am paying for the services they render me? No. I will say they are doing their jobs, and they are doing it because I can pay for the services. If any other poor man enters and cannot pay, he will be thrown out. No mercy. Hotels are never accommodating. They are doing their business.

I can equate the situation we the Igbos face in various parts of Nigeria to a hotel service. We pay for land or shops, you allow us to stay. When you finish eating the one we give you by month end, even when my rents has not expired, your youths start barking again, and we must somehow, grudgingly settle them, just to keep our businesses afloat, because we need the ports to bring in our merchandise.

But while a good hotel will collect your money and render services and security, your people collect our money via land sales, taxes, rates, fines and other punitive levies, and still turn back and ask us to clap for you because you are accommodating us in your place?

You still send illegal gangs to harass our traders, you send omo onille to ask for more money everyday, you send agberos to hold our goods and delay our businesses, you use police to terrorise our people while they try to chill out in bars in the evening.

Where is the accommodating, Laudate?

Go to the dictionary. Read up the meaning of accommodating. Then juxtapose it with your sojourn in the Southwest and the months or years you have resided in the region, you freeloader. Maybe, you will realise where you goofed. For the last time, there is nothing in the word 'accommodating,' that is equivalent to getting things for free. Just say that you are simply a freeloader. Now, we know what you truly are. I guess the touts in Onitsha, Aba and other areas of the Southeast, were sent by your own people to terrorise the traders within those areas too, not so?

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by Pato5(m): 9:40pm On Jul 29, 2017
Please let's stop the ranco.
My aim of creating this is to promote love and unity.
I believe being accommodating is providing an enabling environment for prosperity to strive. The Igbo nation has enjoyed this from host communities. What we see as a problem is not because we are Igbos but because Hunger has driven our some elements in our host to hostility.
What someone mentioned here about OMONILE in SW is also prevelant in SS. This I'm currently experiencing that in asaba Delta State. In fact I can authoritatively tell u that no one can bother u after u purchase a land in the north (at least not in the middle belt I grew up or far north I schooled).
I still maintain that separation is not the solution...
Re: The Nigerian Revolution by vanbonattel: 9:45pm On Jul 29, 2017
laudate:

Go to the dictionary. Read up the meaning of accommodating. Then juxtapose it with your sojourn in the Southwest and the months or years you have resided in the region, you freeloader. Maybe, you will realise where you goofed. For the last time, there is nothing in the word 'accommodating,' that is equivalent to getting things for free. Just say that you are simply a freeloader. Now, we know what you truly are. I guess the touts in Onitsha, Aba and other areas of the Southeast, were sent by your own people to terrorise the traders within those areas too, not so?

Oga, your attempts to veer me off towards insults and name calling will not work. Keep to the points of the argument. How can you say you are accommodating me when I am paying for all the legal and illegal charges associated with my staying around you?

Simply, it's me that is accommodating you, since you may not survive without my benevolence.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by vanbonattel: 9:52pm On Jul 29, 2017
Pato5:
Please let's stop the ranco.
My aim of creating this is to promote love and unity.
I believe being accommodating is providing an enabling environment for prosperity to strive. The Igbo nation has enjoyed this from host communities. What we see as a problem is not because we are Igbos but because Hunger has driven our some elements in our host to hostility.
What someone mentioned here about OMONILE in SW is also prevelant in SS. This I'm currently experiencing that in asaba Delta State. In fact I can authoritatively tell u that no one can bother u after u purchase a land in the north (at least not in the middle belt I grew up or far north I schooled).
I still maintain that separation is not the solution...

Providing an enabling environment? By failing to stop miscreants from destroying my business because I refused to pay illegal charges?

I'm onille issue is in most parts of the south of Nigeria, but the yorubas invented it. Others just learnt from them.

Separation may not be the solution, but until governments start to protect every resident in every state so they can feel at home. When yorubas continue to ask me to leave Lagos because I am not Yoruba, I should first think of separation. I cannot stay in a country I was convinced to believe it's my nation and face local hostility.

9 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by Pato5(m): 9:57pm On Jul 29, 2017
vanbonattel:

Oga, your attempts to veer me off towards insults and name calling will not work. Keep to the points of the argument. How can you say you are accommodating me when I am paying for all the legal and illegal charges associated with my staying around you?

Simply, it's me that is accommodating you, since you may not survive without my benevolence.
Guy let me give a typical experience I had in Aba.
I went to there to mass produce a type of bag (thus promoting commerce in the great city). can u imagine that touts can along while we are loading the finished products into a truck and demanded we settle them. People urged me to do so else they will just ambush the truck and cause harm.
I'm an Igbo man who came to do business and I'm still being intimidated by my fellow Igbo man.
What do u call this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by vanbonattel: 10:05pm On Jul 29, 2017
Pato5:

Guy let me give a typical experience I had in Aba.
I went to there to mass produce a type of bag (thus promoting commerce in the great city). can u imagine that touts can along while we are loading the finished products into a truck and demanded we settle them. People urged me to do so else they will just ambush the truck and cause harm.
I'm an Igbo man who came to do business and I'm still being intimidated by my fellow Igbo man.
What do u call this

Agbero, is a Yoruba word. The practice is alien to Igbos till corrupt government Which continues till today made it possible for Igbos, who were known for hard work import them into Igbo Land. Same as omonile.

There is a difference in the type of touting that happens in Lagos and the type that happens in Aba. Lagos touts are complete professional touts, they even attend touting schools.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Great Song For Those Who Voted For CHANGE (by Daniel Wilson) / Watch Video Of Atiku Abubaka Dancing And Rocking A Woman / Breaking: APGA Make A Pact With APC In The 2019 Elections.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.