Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,270 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Theism And The Pettiness Of God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Theism And The Pettiness Of God (5485 Views)

Introducing Implicit Theism : So You Think We Were Born As Atheists ? / Nairaland Theists , Can You Prove That Theism Is Not Illogical ? / Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by CatfishBilly: 9:10am On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Wilgrea7 is one of the few theists that make sense in almost every post

I find his arguments more convincing cuz he doesn't make assertions with nothing to back them up

I've always studied his posts since the day he opened a thread on hell fire
I'm a fan of Wilgrea7, ever since I debated with him sometime ago. I like his arguments. He's one theist I respect on this platform.

1 Like

Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by NPComplete: 10:00am On Apr 02, 2017
CatfishBilly:

I'm a fan of Wilgrea7, ever since I debated with him sometime ago. I like his arguments. He's one theist I respect on this platform.

He is the opposite of Felixomor. That one no just dey try at all grin
Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 02, 2017
NPComplete:

Some NL THEISTS won't be happy o-o..... cheesy They would be so disappointed

1 Like

Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by felixomor: 10:19am On Apr 02, 2017
NPComplete:

Lol.... grin

So u r thinking about me like this?

Anyways, Happy sunday .....
Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by NPComplete: 10:24am On Apr 02, 2017
felixomor:

Lol.... grin

So u r thinking about me like this?

Anyways, Happy sunday .....

Same to u bro smiley
Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by Akinrogun(m): 10:27am On Apr 02, 2017
johnydon22:

but i'd rather admit ignorance than resort to any preposterous answer with a comforting glamor.

The above shows you are absolutely clueless and bereft of ideas about the creation and Creator of the universe. Hence you have decided in your deluded mind to ramble and vituperate in quick sands.

With regards to the question, why is an 'omnipotent and omniscient God' interested in a minuscule entity called man.....here's the answer : the 'man' is created in the image of the omnipotent and omniscient God. Man is His vicegerent on earth, more reason why man holds dominion over all including powerful beasts like lion, elephant, Leviathans, whales, boars, crocodiles etc. More reasons why man explore the cosmos infinitely and all creations stood in awe of man. All this come from the fact that man is imbued with God-like energies.

These facts cannot be gleaned by mind-controlled beings like you....there are far superior knowledge beyond the carnal man.

Be enlightened!....open your eyes to eternal verities.

Selah!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by johnydon22(m): 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
Akinrogun:

The above shows you are absolutely clueless and bereft of ideas about the creation and Creator of the universe. Hence you have decided in your deluded mind to ramble and vituperate in quick sands.

With regards to the question, why is an 'omnipotent and omniscient God' interested in a minuscule entity called man.....here's the answer : the 'man' is created in the image of the omnipotent and omniscient God. Man is His vicegerent on earth, more reason why man holds dominion over all including powerful beasts like lion, elephant, Leviathans, whales, boars, crocodiles etc. More reasons why man explore the cosmos infinitely and all creations stood in awe of man. All this come from the fact that man is imbued with God-like energies.

These facts cannot be gleaned by mind-controlled beings like you....there are far superior knowledge beyond the carnal man.

Selah!

LMAO..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by frank317: 3:00pm On Apr 02, 2017
Akinrogun:

Selah!

Lol@ open your eyes to eternal verities
Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by Redlyn: 3:12pm On Apr 03, 2017
kaboninc:

Seun hates even the concept of a God. I don't believe in the existence of a God either. But from all atheist I've come to know, a majority of them have this strong hatred on even the existence of a God.

It is one thing to agree and disagree and it is another thing to express your hatred over anything....real or imagined.

I never quite got why you can't hate an imaginary character. I really hate the late ramsay Bolton from the TV series game of thrones. Quite a despicable character and no gruesome death was bad enough for him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by hopefulLandlord: 3:15pm On Apr 03, 2017
Akinrogun:

Selah!

Na wa o!
Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by blueAgent(m): 6:28am On Apr 06, 2017
Copy and paste. same old story.
Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by blueAgent(m): 6:35am On Apr 06, 2017
Akinrogun:

Selah!

Perfect response. the OP spends all his day cursing a God he says does not exist. instead of focusing his time on what he claims is the origin of the Universe . he should have written articles to show us how Evolution and. Abiogensises took place. how life came from nothing how Energy appeared from nothing i would be willingly to pay to read such article

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by blueAgent(m): 6:44am On Apr 06, 2017
The OP spends all his day cursing a God he says does not exist. instead of focusing his time on what he claims is the origin of the Universe . you should have written articles to show us how Evolution and. Abiogensises took place. how life came from nothing how Energy appeared from nothing i would be willingly to pay to read such article.

Are there nothing to write about in Atheism or bigbang ,Evolution? or they don't addup?

johnydon22
Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by topdee(m): 2:22pm On Apr 07, 2017
Akinrogun:

Selah!

Do you have any evidence--apart from what was written in the religious book--to back up your claim?

2 Likes

Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by Horlufemi(m): 7:18pm On Apr 07, 2017
Questions?

Why are we here? Why do we exist? Why the need for life? Why is there life when it's a waste of time.

Since energy cannot be created? Why is it here? Why matter? the universe? Why is life here? Life (order) has no chance to be created but it's here. Why does fragile life needed to start in the first place? It's pointless poo? For what reason?

See we don't know.

All I know is we are not supposed to be here, because there is no point of us being here, but we are here for a reason. The reason we will eventually find out.

Atheists​ have no right to determine there is no God because​ you don't have the answers but since you don't want to believe in God keep it to yourself and stop making a fool of yourself thinking we don't know about the dynamics of the universe or how the universe works.

You don't believe there is a God? Be happy! Enjoy your freedom.

You should respect other people's thoughts and let them be. Since you know they are wasting their time in believing in a God.

Our existence, it's a giant puzzle. Science is only a part of the pictures.

Read this book. Let your mind open up
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1o7KBRizsMTUnlWWmZnUU5aVUk/view?usp=drivesdk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by butterfly88(m): 1:50pm On Apr 08, 2017
one hell of an article @ o.p..beautifully articulated.

indeed an all powerful God should be self sufficient and be free from all humane weaknesses however insignificant.

but like to approach the concept of the creator "wanting" us to worship him from another dimension. and to do that I'll use this simple,human logic

a teacher wants his student to study not because, the seriousness of the his student will make him(the teacher) a better person but because the students serious will actually make the student a better person.

and when the student refuses to study the teacher becomes furious and sometimes is forced to punish the student,not because the students refusal to study affects the teachers future but actually it affects the student

so from this logic, the teacher needs the student to study for the students own good.

Now can we modify your article saying " God only "wants" the creature to worship him for the creature's own good and not because it adds anything to Him(God)..or better still it is you who needs to worship, God,and strive to be a better person and not God who needs your worship.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by johnydon22(m): 3:18pm On Apr 08, 2017
butterfly88:
one hell of an article @ o.p..beautifully articulated.

indeed an all powerful God should be self sufficient and be free from all humane weaknesses however insignificant.

but like to approach the concept of the creator "wanting" us to worship him from another dimension. and to do that I'll use this simple,human logic

a teacher wants his student to study not because, the seriousness of the his student will make him(the teacher) a better person but because the students serious will actually make the student a better person.

and when the student refuses to study the teacher becomes furious and sometimes is forced to punish the student,not because the students refusal to study affects the teachers future but actually it affects the student

so from this logic, the teacher needs the student to study for the students own good.

Now can we modify your article saying " God only "wants" the creature to worship him for the creature's own good and not because it adds anything to Him(God)..or better still it is you who needs to worship, God,and strive to be a better person and not God who needs your worship.

you do not necessarily need piety in order to be good.. Goodness as regards this reference is an act [typically towards others] piety or not you can either be good or an asss..

as per an omnipotent, omniscience or perfect being to operate within the sphere of mundane emotions such as anger ridicules the very idea that this being is perfect or self sufficient. It's a direct contradiction of character.

1 Like

Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by deondazy(m): 10:36pm On Apr 12, 2017
felixomor:

Using your example of a circle,
What if your concept of limiting a circle to 360 degrees is wrong in the first place?
Will that make you right?

This makes no sense at all.

1 Like

Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by felixomor: 10:37pm On Apr 12, 2017
deondazy:

This makes no sense at all.

Why?
Please explain.
Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by deondazy(m): 10:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
felixomor:

Somewhere in your mind, throwing a question u couldn't answer means i have not read your post.
Mscheww, SMH
If only i had said, u made sense,
Then u will know i read it ba?..... undecided

I have read your post.
As i said, u r like the petulant little child of that rich father.....
Nothing more....

Your argument is baseless, you are making no points whatsoever.
Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by deondazy(m): 11:05pm On Apr 12, 2017
Akinrogun:

Selah!

When his initial plan was a clueless man roaming the garden of Eden naked? You are the deluded one and mind controlled by blindly following a religion that is based on a truckload of crap

1 Like

Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by deondazy(m): 11:10pm On Apr 12, 2017
felixomor:

Why?
Please explain.

Read your post... What does that even mean "Concept of a circle"?
Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by felixomor: 11:10pm On Apr 12, 2017
deondazy:

Your argument is baseless, you are making no points whatsoever.

Cry me a river. grin
Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by felixomor: 11:12pm On Apr 12, 2017
deondazy:

Read your post... What does that even mean "Concept of a circle"?

Leave it for those who can understand.
Ur comprehension may be lacking as far as grasping it is concerned.
Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 13, 2017
Seun:
What part of my one word response "excellent!" makes you believe that I "hate God"? I don't hate God at all; why should I?

Oh you don't hate God?

How can you hate or love what you don't beleive exists ?
Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by hopefulLandlord: 4:45pm On Apr 13, 2017
TripleIN:

Oh you don't hate God?

How can you hate or love what you don't beleive exists ?

its possible to hate/love something/someone that doesn't really exist

I love Spiderman and I hate Ramsay Bolton

both fictional characters
Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 13, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

its possible to hate/love something/someone that doesn't really exist

I love Spiderman and I hate Ramsay Bolton

both fictional characters

Oga this is NOT fictional character, This about a reality.

Even fiction characters are real and exists because you feel it and you watch it and mostly atimes you can't touch it.

So how do you feel something that does not exist?
Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by hopefulLandlord: 4:53pm On Apr 13, 2017
TripleIN:

Even fiction characters are real and exists because you feel it and you watch it and mostly atimes you can't touch it.

I was replying to your post alone, one can hate fictional characters

many viewers of GOT hates Ramsay Bolton, many more hate Geoffrey Baratheon

both characters don't exist

BTW, what do you mean by "Fictional characters exist?"

1 Like

Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by johnydon22(m): 4:55pm On Apr 13, 2017
TripleIN:

damn the death of logic and reason... how can you agree something is fictitious and still in the same breath argue it is real. that is a truck load of contradiction.

if it is real then it's not fictional

if it is fictional then it isn't real..

Oga please no fictional character is real...

and yes people can hate or love or even admire a fictional character

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 13, 2017
johnydon22:

damn the death of logic and reason... how can you agree something is fictitious and still in the same breath argue it is real. that is a truck load of contradiction.

if it is real then it's not fictional

if it is fictional then it isn't real..

Oga please no fictional character is real...

and yes people can hate or love or even admire a fictional character

LOL

He said he feels

How can you feel something that does not exist ?

NOTE: That 'something exists' and 'something is not real' are two different things.
Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by johnydon22(m): 5:01pm On Apr 13, 2017
TripleIN:

LOL

He said he feels

How can you feel something that does not exist ?

NOTE: That 'something exists' and 'something is not real' are two different things.

make up your mind
Re: Theism And The Pettiness Of God by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 13, 2017
johnydon22:

make up your mind

Tcheeeeeew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The World Should End Today - Harold Camping / Are There Really Contradictions And Fabrications In The Bible?????? / Why Oyeku Meji Children Dont Wear Caps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.