Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,001 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Why Apostle Johnson Suleiman Is Wrong To File A Case Against Otobo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Apostle Johnson Suleiman Is Wrong To File A Case Against Otobo (443 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church / Stephanie Otobo's Press Conference Outfit Is Hot (Photos) / Stephanie Otobo Released From Kirikiri Prison. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Apostle Johnson Suleiman Is Wrong To File A Case Against Otobo by Morkablog(m): 10:59am On Apr 01, 2017
Many of us are aware of the ongoing drama between the founder of Omega Fire Ministries Apostle Johnson Suleiman and the Comedian based singer and alleged mistress Ms Otobo Stephenie. The Canadian based singer had accused Apostle Johnson Suleiman of sleeping with her, impregnating her and dumping her after promising her marriage.
The drama took another twist last week Sunday when the mother of the Ms Otobo Stephenie appeared in Omega Fire Ministries Auchi, to apologise on behalf of her daughter to the accused pastor labelling the daughter as abnormal and revealing that she has not seen her daughter in 3 years. The Pastor quickly forgave her and the daughter and prayed for her although Otobo responded on social media by saying Apostle Johnson had sent her mum death threats which made the mother appear before him to apologise. Ms Otobo went further to say that God will surely expose him(Johnson Suleiman).
Now my question is why has the accused Apostle decided to sue the alleged mistress Otobo Stephenie and Sahara Reporters, the media outlet that broke the news for defaming his character and image at the Ikeja high court , Lagos State. Suleiman filed a N1 billion suit on Stephenie Otobo according to reports by preniumtimes. In the suit, Apostle Johnson Suleiman is also asking N1 billion from Sahara Reporters for damages done to his reputions and has hired four layers, Chief Efe Akpofure(SAN), Erhabor O.I, Victor Idiapho and Emmanuel Usoh to represent him.
Sometimes as a christian you are forced to wonder if these so called pastors are actually Men of God or just mere Men of this World. If he does sue them to court, then tell me whats he's teaching other Christians to do in similar situations. What then is the difference between him and the publicans(sinners). A publican in such situation will do exactly just that, now where is the Christlike character that differenciates us from the people of the world? Well, don;t be surprised, i'll be going a little bit spiritual. I'll have to point out some Bible references, and if you're a Muslim reading this, just enjoy it while you do.
I am not just referring to this Otobo case alone, but over the past couple of months, Apostle Johnson Suleiman has given us reasons to doubt his genuineness as a man of God( am not saying he's a man of God, or that he's not a man of God. That's for God to judge and if you're a Muslim, that's for Allah to judge. If you are a Christian or a Bible Scholar, then you're no stranger to the fruits of the Holy Spirits. The fruits of the Holy Spirits includes MEEKNESS, temperance, longsuffering, LOVE, I repeat LOVE, PEACE and yes GENTLENESS etc. Filing a N1 billion suit case against a person you claimed to have forgiven on Sunday does not in anyway vandicate your stance on the matter. One is left to wonder how much he would have filed against her if he never forgave her at all. Just like Mahatma Gandhi said, "I like your Christ, but I don't like your Christians." Is this the character a real Christian should put on? Where is the Christlike character that propels us to forgive 70 times 7. The truth is forgiveness is not negotiable as a Christian, no matter how many times we are offended. Its boldly written, when you don't forgive, your Father in heaven won't forgive you.
Some comments by this Johnson Suleiman has completely gone against what is expected from a Christian. Remember when he reportedly said his Church members should kill any Fulani Herdsmen or better still protect them selves? Well, its not a sin to protect yourself, but he's too controversial to be called even a Christian. He's always in the spot light and its always for the wrong reasons. I laughed when he said "the Bible told us to pray for our enemies, but it didn't tell us how, so i'll pray for them to die." Limited Bible knowledge I call that.
Its no longer a newbie that most Nigerian pastors have turned in business men, worth millions of dollars all in the name of founding a church. May I remind you that Paul the Apostle was a lawyer, he had a degree in law, a tent builder and did many other nice jobs that could make him rich but he choosed to remain simple and even lived in rent every where he went. Mathew was a tax collector, you might tax collector so whats the big deal. A tax collector then is a person that works for the Board of Internal Revenue today, you know what that means. Now he was not just a tax collector but he was a Jew working for the Roman Government. Now relating it to this present day, its like a Nigerian working in the Board of Internal Revenue of the United States of America because the Roman Government at that time where world powers just like the US today. But he still kept it simple, not showing off horses in forms of cars or Chariots in form of Private Jets.
He even went further to hire four lawyers to defend him. What happened to the part the scripture that says "vengeance is for God?" On Sunday he'll have the boldness to mount on the pulpit and declare to his followers that forgiveness is a virtue right? I clearly remembered in the Bible where Apostle Paul instructed the Conrinthians never to take anybody to court citing reasons that "you go to court for an unbeliever to judge you." I rest my case, if any most of these so called pastors display just 1% of Christlike character, Nigeria will be a much better place to live in.
http://morkablog..nl/2017/04/why-apostle-johnson-suleiman-is-wrong.html

1 Like

Re: Why Apostle Johnson Suleiman Is Wrong To File A Case Against Otobo by felixomor: 11:01am On Apr 01, 2017
Some of u dont understand the bible.
Re: Why Apostle Johnson Suleiman Is Wrong To File A Case Against Otobo by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 01, 2017
Morkablog:

Many of us are aware of the ongoing drama between the founder of Omega Fire Ministries Apostle Johnson Suleiman and the Comedian based singer and alleged mistress Ms Otobo Stephenie. The Canadian based singer had accused Apostle Johnson Suleiman of sleeping with her, impregnating her and dumping her after promising her marriage.
The drama took another twist last week Sunday when the mother of the Ms Otobo Stephenie appeared in Omega Fire Ministries Auchi, to apologise on behalf of her daughter to the accused pastor labelling the daughter as abnormal and revealing that she has not seen her daughter in 3 years. The Pastor quickly forgave her and the daughter and prayed for her although Otobo responded on social media by saying Apostle Johnson had sent her mum death threats which made the mother appear before him to apologise. Ms Otobo went further to say that God will surely expose him(Johnson Suleiman).
Now my question is why has the accused Apostle decided to sue the alleged mistress Otobo Stephenie and Sahara Reporters, the media outlet that broke the news for defaming his character and image at the Ikeja high court , Lagos State. Suleiman filed a N1 billion suit on Stephenie Otobo according to reports by preniumtimes. In the suit, Apostle Johnson Suleiman is also asking N1 billion from Sahara Reporters for damages done to his reputions and has hired four layers, Chief Efe Akpofure(SAN), Erhabor O.I, Victor Idiapho and Emmanuel Usoh to represent him.
Sometimes as a christian you are forced to wonder if these so called pastors are actually Men of God or just mere Men of this World. If he does sue them to court, then tell me whats he's teaching other Christians to do in similar situations. What then is the difference between him and the publicans(sinners). A publican in such situation will do exactly just that, now where is the Christlike character that differenciates us from the people of the world? Well, don;t be surprised, i'll be going a little bit spiritual. I'll have to point out some Bible references, and if you're a Muslim reading this, just enjoy it while you do.
I am not just referring to this Otobo case alone, but over the past couple of months, Apostle Johnson Suleiman has given us reasons to doubt his genuineness as a man of God( am not saying he's a man of God, or that he's not a man of God. That's for God to judge and if you're a Muslim, that's for Allah to judge. If you are a Christian or a Bible Scholar, then you're no stranger to the fruits of the Holy Spirits. The fruits of the Holy Spirits includes MEEKNESS, temperance, longsuffering, LOVE, I repeat LOVE, PEACE and yes GENTLENESS etc. Filing a N1 billion suit case against a person you claimed to have forgiven on Sunday does not in anyway vandicate your stance on the matter. One is left to wonder how much he would have filed against her if he never forgave her at all. Just like Mahatma Gandhi said, "I like your Christ, but I don't like your Christians." Is this the character a real Christian should put on? Where is the Christlike character that propels us to forgive 70 times 7. The truth is forgiveness is not negotiable as a Christian, no matter how many times we are offended. Its boldly written, when you don't forgive, your Father in heaven won't forgive you.
Some comments by this Johnson Suleiman has completely gone against what is expected from a Christian. Remember when he reportedly said his Church members should kill any Fulani Herdsmen or better still protect them selves? Well, its not a sin to protect yourself, but he's too controversial to be called even a Christian. He's always in the spot light and its always for the wrong reasons. I laughed when he said "the Bible told us to pray for our enemies, but it didn't tell us how, so i'll pray for them to die." Limited Bible knowledge I call that.
Its no longer a newbie that most Nigerian pastors have turned in business men, worth millions of dollars all in the name of founding a church. May I remind you that Paul the Apostle was a lawyer, he had a degree in law, a tent builder and did many other nice jobs that could make him rich but he choosed to remain simple and even lived in rent every where he went. Mathew was a tax collector, you might tax collector so whats the big deal. A tax collector then is a person that works for the Board of Internal Revenue today, you know what that means. Now he was not just a tax collector but he was a Jew working for the Roman Government. Now relating it to this present day, its like a Nigerian working in the Board of Internal Revenue of the United States of America because the Roman Government at that time where world powers just like the US today. But he still kept it simple, not showing off horses in forms of cars or Chariots in form of Private Jets.
He even went further to hire four lawyers to defend him. What happened to the part the scripture that says "vengeance is for God?" On Sunday he'll have the boldness to mount on the pulpit and declare to his followers that forgiveness is a virtue right? I clearly remembered in the Bible where Apostle Paul instructed the Conrinthians never to take anybody to court citing reasons that "you go to court for an unbeliever to judge you." I rest my case, if any most of these so called pastors display just 1% of Christlike character, Nigeria will be a much better place to live in.

With all due respect, you are simply foolish. And u don't seem to desire wisdom in anyway.

U only want to know the Bible to justify evil all because u r evil urself.

1 Like

Re: Why Apostle Johnson Suleiman Is Wrong To File A Case Against Otobo by Morkablog(m): 11:29am On Apr 01, 2017
You just called me foolish. Its clear who needs wisdom

1 Like

Re: Why Apostle Johnson Suleiman Is Wrong To File A Case Against Otobo by felixomor: 11:32am On Apr 01, 2017
@ the op,
God forbid,
If armed robbers come to your house,
As a Christian, will you call the police or not to report them?
Re: Why Apostle Johnson Suleiman Is Wrong To File A Case Against Otobo by AustinDBeloved(m): 3:28pm On Apr 01, 2017
Morkablog:

We sabi people like. Go on

(1) (Reply)

You Sabi This Man? / Cure For Backsliding / Don't Look Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.