Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,231 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World (1804 Views)

Here's The Official Portrait Of New Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-olu / The Official Car Of The NANS President That Costs 19 Million Naira: A Review / PDP Agents Caught With Cash And Bag Of Rice In Osun Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by PatriotTemidayo: 12:42pm On Apr 01, 2017
When Xenophobic attacks first became loud, many of us were singing HATE. We argued that the reason the south Africans hated and still hate us is because we were successful in business, and they are not. We sighted the sheer laziness of the south African people, especially the black men, and used all narratives to boost our self-image as against the legion of crimes the country accused our men and women of. Ranging from Drugs peddling, to ring of prostitution, to fraud and importation of fake pastors, among others. Some will even say that south African men hate Nigerians because our men are more romantic and treated south African women better. What a hilarious argument.

Last two weeks, it was south Africa, this week, its been India. The question is, Where next?

Is it safe to say the Indians hate us because we are very successful? Wouldn't the world laugh at us if we keep using that shallow defence line? As far as technology and advancement is concerned, India is light years ahead of us. So why the attack?

A Lady friend of mine, of South African Origin had taken me to the cleaner once, simply because I was trying hard to prove to her that not all Nigerians are bad, and back home, here in Nigeria, we have good people, with high moral values and conscience.

On both arguments, I lost. She is an IT expert, and had travelled 19 countries, working for some of the biggest financial and communication companies of repute. Not only had she seen Nigerians in their craft in her native country, south Africa, she had shared spaces with them in most, if not all the countries she had visited, including Nigeria. She was clear about her experiences with and Knowledge of Nigerians, her points were solid, with examples and statistical data to back up her claims.

I love my country to the bone, and like the skin on my back, my heart clip to her. However, there is a truth we need to tell ourselves, a truth that political correctness and false patriotism would not allow us say.

Are we only known for crimes? The answer is NO!

Are we ruthless in crime? Yes!

Are we very creative in criminal ventures? It is a YES YES!

Do we invent and introduce crimes to countries where they were originally unknown? And the answer will be a loud YES!

And lastly, are all Nigerians bad? It is a No! No! All Nigerians are not bad, and some of you reading this might have made big sacrificed to remain different from the packs of the hush-money gang that can do anything, just anything to be rich.

When I was in year 5 in the university, one of my course mates travelled to south Africa. This story will give an idea of what might have instigated the whole world against us. This brother, to my limited knowledge, was one of the baddest gang in school. Few days after he left for the greener land, a neighbour gave me a load-down of what he was going to do, below was what I learnt about his Journey to SA:

"Dayo, did you know that ZZZ is going to south African as a pastor?" I was like Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Da?

"His brother owns one of the biggest Pentecostal churches in SA, and while ZZZ was aboard his plane, his brother ordained him a pastor and asked him to ACT as such once he lands in SA"

A top man of a campus gang, who was a celebrating his journey to SA with Booze and Babes just few hours ago, would land in South Africa changing "God Bless you".

The truth is cold but we have to serve it when necessary. Many of our young men and women are mainly going out of the country for activities that are far from legit. I remember a sister once gave a testimony about her sister who travelled to Italy, and had been there working for 6 years without permanent visa and stay. In simple term, she had been prostituting, and yet the sister could come b4 the Altar OF God, and celebrate such.

The thing is, our moral compasses are broken and need be fixed. Some of the people reading this post will come to bash me, not because I am wrong, but because they no longer see anything wrong with wrong actions. The world don't hate us cuz we are smart (cuz we really are), they hate us because our smartness is destroying their homes, morals, and even insult their sovereignty. If you are different and really wanna work hard through legit means as a Nigerian, you'll be hated and insulted by your peers. Parents wouldn't wanna give out their daughter to a brother who is climbing the ladder of life slowly and steadily, they want someone who can jump in and start spending money on their needs, as if marriage is now a POVERTY ALLEVIATION PROGRAMME. churches only celebrate people who could contribute to the work of God and make the humble guys look like failures, through their preachings.

In all, the zeal to get rich at all cost and the saddening reality of celebrating money instead of values and morals have gotten us here. If the whole world decide to make Nigerians account for their sins of criminal activities, half of the countries would be on our trail by now. As we speak, some of our men and women are just wearing their shoes to go into another kinda crime. They never listen, its all about the money for them.

If the whole world decides to give Nigerians the south-African and Indian treatment, this country will be one hell of an IDP camp, and the biggest in history.

Truth hurts, but it heals ad well.

#myopinions
#PatriotTemidayo

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:14pm On Apr 01, 2017
@op the instigators?
i will keep saying it the istigators of this insanity must exterminated for a sane society to be achieve.

look if you take these same people to a heavenly place, they will still turn it to debris within a short time. they are now exporting this virus to other countries. that is why other countries are vehemently resisting them!

as far as naija is concerned most people dont want to hear hard work or morals anymore.

all you wrote are exactly what is afflicting naija.
99% of youths here will plunder and empty the treasury if given chance to be president. that is how bad it is.

you did not mention people who see position as a licence to loot billions. the destruction this specie are causing is unbelievable. people dont know yet and are still worshipping them.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by RealLordZeus(m): 1:20pm On Apr 01, 2017
True words but please proffer a solution because the whole thing has even tire me..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by ZombieTERROR: 1:27pm On Apr 01, 2017
Charity they say begins at home
One looks good from home when going out and not the other way round
My point is home
Let's fix home and the respect will come

Let our naira have value
Let our lives as Nigerians have value
Let our labour have a proportional income

Support zombieterror for good governance

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by Chauke(m): 2:32pm On Apr 01, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:
When Xenophobic attacks first became loud, many of us were singing HATE. We argued that the reason the south Africans hated and still hate us is because we were successful in business, and they are not. We sighted the sheer laziness of the south African people, especially the black men, and used all narratives to boost our self-image as against the legion of crimes the country accused our men and women of. Ranging from Drugs peddling, to ring of prostitution, to fraud and importation of fake pastors, among others. Some will even say that south African men hate Nigerians because our men are more romantic and treated south African women better. What a hilarious argument.

Last two weeks, it was south Africa, this week, its been India. The question is, Where next?

Is it safe to say the Indians hate us because we are very successful? Wouldn't the world laugh at us if we keep using that shallow defence line? As far as technology and advancement is concerned, India is light years ahead of us. So why the attack?

A Lady friend of mine, of South African Origin had taken me to the cleaner once, simply because I was trying hard to prove to her that not all Nigerians are bad, and back home, here in Nigeria, we have good people, with high moral values and conscience.

On both arguments, I lost. She is an IT expert, and had travelled 19 countries, working for some of the biggest financial and communication companies of repute. Not only had she seen Nigerians in their craft in her native country, south Africa, she had shared spaces with them in most, if not all the countries she had visited, including Nigeria. She was clear about her experiences with and Knowledge of Nigerians, her points were solid, with examples and statistical data to back up her claims.

I love my country to the bone, and like the skin on my back, my heart clip to her. However, there is a truth we need to tell ourselves, a truth that political correctness and false patriotism would not allow us say.

Do we invent and introduce crimes to countries where they were originally unknown? And the answer will be a loud YES!

And lastly, are all Nigerians bad? It is a No! No! All Nigerians are not bad, and some of you reading this might have made big sacrificed to remain different from the packs of the hush-money gang that can do anything, just anything to be rich.

When I was in year 5 in the university, one of my course mates travelled to south Africa. This story will give an idea of what might have instigated the whole world against us. This brother, to my limited knowledge, was one of the baddest gang in school. Few days after he left for the greener land, a neighbour gave me a load-down of what he was going to do, below was what I learnt about his Journey to SA:

"Dayo, did you know that ZZZ is going to south African as a pastor?" I was like Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Da?

"His brother owns one of the biggest Pentecostal churches in SA, and while ZZZ was aboard his plane, his brother ordained him a pastor and asked him to ACT as such once he lands in SA"

A top man of a campus gang, who was a celebrating his journey to SA with Booze and Babes just few hours ago, would land in South Africa changing "God Bless you".

The truth is cold but we have to serve it when necessary. Many of our young men and women are mainly going out of the country for activities that are far from legit. I remember a sister once gave a testimony about her sister who travelled to Italy, and had been there working for 6 years without permanent visa and stay. In simple term, she had been prostituting, and yet the sister could come b4 the Altar OF God, and celebrate such.

The thing is, our moral compasses are broken and need be fixed. Some of the people reading this post will come to bash me, not because I am wrong, but because they no longer see anything wrong with wrong actions. The world don't hate us cuz we are smart (cuz we really are), they hate us because our smartness is destroying their homes, morals, and even insult their sovereignty. If you are different and really wanna work hard through legit means as a Nigerian, you'll be hated and insulted by your peers. Parents wouldn't wanna give out their daughter to a brother who is climbing the ladder of life slowly and steadily, they want someone who can jump in and start spending money on their needs, as if marriage is now a POVERTY ALLEVIATION PROGRAMME. churches only celebrate people who could contribute to the work of God and make the humble guys look like failures, through their preachings.

In all, the zeal to get rich at all cost and the saddening reality of celebrating money instead of values and morals have gotten us here. If the whole world decide to make Nigerians account for their sins of criminal activities, half of the countries would be on our trail by now. As we speak, some of our men and women are just wearing their shoes to go into another kinda crime. They never listen, its all about the money for them.

If the whole world decides to give Nigerians the south-African and Indian treatment, this country will be one hell of an IDP camp, and the biggest in history.

#myopinions
#PatriotTemidayo

Truth be told be both the afonjas and the Igbos are a real nuisance in South Africa.
Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by Blackfire(m): 2:57pm On Apr 01, 2017
Op u are half way wrong.

The demand of the society caused it.

When your cousin becomes a common counselor in Nigeria, the society put so much pressure on him to settle his people, thereby causing the once morally brilliant man to loot and behave with impunity... Including u that is his cousin.

If your brother who had travelled to oversea for 6 years and he came back, and was only able to build a 2 rooms in Ibadan... What will the immediate society including u say to him... Oponu... Oyen ara.

I can go on and on.

Our tribaliist nature have made us wish evil on our fellow citizen, and when such happened u will see a literal party going on. . Name checkers association of NL, forgetting he who sell his brother in the market , is invariably selling himself.

Nigerians don't commit crime like other countries, when it comes to drug, Pakistan are ace. When it comes to fraud u can't beat the Lebanese and India even here in Nigeria... Yet they know how to codedly code there gotten money. This can't be said for us... A typical Nigeria who never made 100 dollar in his life, will go gaga the first time he made 1,000 dollar, prompting jealousy and suspicion.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by Sweetguy25: 2:59pm On Apr 01, 2017
Most Nigerians are actually not good people. We need to acknowledge that we are not good people, the earlier we begin to do this the better for us.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by freeze001(f): 4:27pm On Apr 01, 2017
Until we get it right at home, the perpetual struggle and dog-eat-dog mentality will continue to haunt and manifest most Nigerians particularly those who do not travel legitimately or fall on hard times.

A person boasting that South Africans are lazy, no be dem give you phone? Common national carrier a whole giant of Africa cannot own or maintain so what really is the source of pride as a Nigerian? Population? Indeed!

When u aren't treated right at home breeding disillusion and discontent, and u go for it there without a good support base to help one get to his feet along with the dearth of morals that fester here, others out there will perceive it, label u and attack u because u are already weak. With all of that abuse, they know ur government will not intervene because they caused ur unfortunate situation already. Even ur president calls u criminal in anoda man's land so what is expected really?

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by bantudra: 4:36pm On Apr 01, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:

#myopinions
#PatriotTemidayo

the igbos mostly introduced this nonesense of get rich or die trying in our society...most of them dont want to admit it...

we warned them,but they dont listen...they think when they get biafra at last they will be washed clean and start fresh...

it is very sad to see them celebrating anybody that has money,but never ask how this people got the money.... undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by bantudra: 4:39pm On Apr 01, 2017
its either you are already rich,your parents pass over money to you or its a very slow processs to get rich..

you dont start with zero and become rich overnight...

even bill gates started in a garage of his parents...it took decades for him to get rich....

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by sammyj: 4:43pm On Apr 01, 2017
EFCC is attacking majority of you and your brother in crime because you all are Certificate forgers and extremely corrupt!!! angry shocked
Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by bantudra: 4:46pm On Apr 01, 2017
sammyj:
EFCC is attacking majority of you and your brother in crime because you all are Certificate forgers and extremely corrupt!!! angry shocked

many of them..

thats why i say,we shouldnt allow any civilian to become president...you must have been in the military...

atleast the military teach you discipline..
Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by MrMaestro: 4:56pm On Apr 01, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:

What statistical data could she possibly have presented to you to prove that all Nigerians are bad? Please, this is nonsense. If you lost the argument you just weren't smart enough to debate her properly and she bested you. Don't bring this mentality to other Nigerians.

Mexicans and Cubans have consistently been engaging in numerous hard drug crimes in America. Yet there is no xenophobia and attack against their communities in the USA. Many people from numerous middle Eastern countries have killed hundreds of U.S and European citizens through terrorist attacks, but you don't see them being hunted and attacked in their communities by citizens like Nigerians are. Nigerians are ACCUSED (with ZERO PROOF, if you have proof, I want to see your primary sources) of drug crime, and somehow you want us to accept this jungle justice attack on all Nigerians in their countries? You have to be mad. You need your head checked.

No citizen has the authority to beat or attack Nigerians, or any other immigrant for that matter. Why are all of these xenophobic apologists wanting us to accept this nonsense? Or does India and South Africa not have police investigation to handle crime? Why are idiot Nigerians still making threads like this?!?!?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by EnkayDezign4: 6:31pm On Apr 01, 2017
Blackfire:
Op u are half way wrong.

The demand of the society caused it.

When your cousin becomes a common counselor in Nigeria, the society put so much pressure on him to settle his people, thereby causing the once morally brilliant man to loot and behave with impunity... Including u that is his cousin.

If your brother who had travelled to oversea for 6 years and he came back, and was only able to build a 2 rooms in Ibadan... What will the immediate society including u say to him... Oponu... Oyen ara.

I can go on and on.

Our tribaliist nature have made us wish evil on our fellow citizen, and when such happened u will see a literal party going on. . Name checkers association of NL, forgetting he who sell his brother in the market , is invariably selling himself.

Nigerians don't commit crime like other countries, when it comes to drug, Pakistan are ace. When it comes to fraud u can't beat the Lebanese and India even here in Nigeria... Yet they know how to codedly code there gotten money. This can't be said for us... A typical Nigeria who never made 100 dollar in his life, will go gaga the first time he made 1,000 dollar, prompting jealousy and suspicion.

You forgot to mention Americans! they sabi 419 too o....the white americans sef

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by EnkayDezign4: 6:34pm On Apr 01, 2017
bantudra:

many of them..

thats why i say,we shouldnt allow any civilian to become president...you must have been in the military...

atleast the military teach you discipline..

I beg to differ! we have had a fair share of military leadership, and my God! they were terrible.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by bantudra: 6:37pm On Apr 01, 2017
EnkayDezign4:

I beg to differ! we have had a fair share of military leadership, and my God! they were terrible.

isnt it strange that under civilian rule,people can vote but nothing is still done??...

but when military is in charge things get done??....

ofcourse they were terrible....every student hates school...nothing special about that....
Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by Desammyst(m): 6:41pm On Apr 01, 2017
wud read leta... lemme com n b goin
Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by EnkayDezign4: 6:42pm On Apr 01, 2017
MrMaestro:

What statistical data could she possibly have presented to you to prove that all Nigerians are bad? Please, this is nonsense. If you lost the argument you just weren't smart enough to debate her properly and she bested you. Don't bring this mentality to other Nigerians.

Mexicans and Cubans have consistently been engaging in numerous hard drug crimes in America. Yet there is no xenophobia and attack against their communities in the USA. Many people from numerous middle Eastern countries have killed hundreds of U.S and European citizens through terrorist attacks, but you don't see them being hunted and attacked in their communities by citizens like Nigerians are. Nigerians are ACCUSED (with ZERO PROOF, if you have proof, I want to see your primary sources) of drug crime, and somehow you want us to accept this jungle justice attack on all Nigerians in their countries? You have to be mad. You need your head checked.

No citizen has the authority to beat or attack Nigerians, or any other immigrant for that matter. Why are all of these xenophobic apologists wanting us to accept this nonsense? Or does India and South Africa not have police investigation to handle crime? Why are idiot Nigerians still making threads like this?!?!?

Agreed! It's Racism that worsens crimes committed by Nigerians and makes us easy targets for humiliation. My American friend used to never miss the chance to make a "Nigerian joke" in my face, and it always met a stone faced reaction from me. Until I stopped being friends with him completely!

Racism amplifies the attacks!! Never mind the fact that India is a country that has a notorious caste system where its' citizens of darker complexion are greatly discriminated against!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by bantudra: 6:44pm On Apr 01, 2017
EnkayDezign4:

Agreed! It's Racism that worsens crimes committed by Nigerians and makes us easy targets for humiliation. My American friend used to never miss the chance to make a "Nigerian joke" in my face, and it always met a stone faced reaction from me. Until I stopped being friends with him completely!

Racism amplifies the attacks!! Never mind the fact that India is a country that has a notorious caste system where its' citizens of darker complexion are greatly discriminated against!

ohhh yes...till today india still has a cast system...its not only africans they treat bad..they treat their own selfs bad too....

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by PatriotTemidayo: 2:54pm On Apr 02, 2017
MrMaestro:

Charity begins at home. No one is supporting Xenophobia, I am not. But even here in Nigeria, we know the kind of people we are. We need to change. We need to rearm ourselves with morals and revive a sense of value amongst ourselves. That is the point of this thread, if you like curse and chant insult, the truth is the truth, no amount of noise will change it to a lie. Peace!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by WINNERMENTALITY: 3:12pm On Apr 02, 2017
ITS STILL BOILS DOWN TO WHAT WILL YOUR GOVERMENT DO TO CURTAIL SUCH ATTACK....WE ARE NOT THE WORST IN THE WORLD BUT WE THE MOST TARGETED BECAUSE WE HATE OUR SELVES IN THIS COUNTRY AND DONT CARE IF ANOTHER TRIBE GET ATTACKED ABROAD...IF NIGERIAN LEADERS AND AMBASSADORS HAS BEEN DOING THEIR JOB, THE SECURITY UNITY OF THOSE COUNTRIES MUST HAVE KNOWN WHAT TO DO....

The hate most of your country men has against igbos is destroying the country,,,,,cos they would always believe it must be an igbo man since its abroad so nobody cARES....

When mtn was fined, a whole president of SA came to negotiate on their behalf...this is just money involved o....but during the xenophobic attacke your president did not even care..guess what southAfrica Authorities will think.....

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by akoko11: 4:17pm On Apr 02, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:

Charity begins at home. No one is supporting Xenophobia, I am not. But even here in Nigeria, we know the kind of people we are. We need to change. We need to rearm ourselves with morals and revive a sense of value amongst ourselves. That is the point of this thread, if you like curse and chant insult, the truth is the truth, no amount of noise will change it to a lie. Peace!!!!

Crime is not peculiar with only Nigerians in abroad.
U will agree with me that the two countries u mentioned in ur write up practice racism. Like what somebody have already said, India discriminate against her own dark skin citizens, what about SA, racism in SA is worst than that of India, will not deny that.
Op let me ask u few questions, why were Nigerians not been attacked in UK, France, USA, Italy, Canada, Brazil, Japan, Spain, South Korea, UAE, even in China etc.

The way u portrays Nigeria's image in ur write up is far out of proportion, if we are to go by ur write up, it means u are fantastically corrupt, not only u including ur family, community and state. Do u think it is only Nigerians that will read this trash. Why are u spoiling the name of Nigeria?
Going by ur example of bad things Nigerians are doing abroad, drug trafficking for example, if Nigerians are actually champions in drug crime, US would have use it to act series of drug trafficking movies, instead they use Mexico, eg cosmos in power.
This is not to say that there are not bad people among us, but u blew it out of proportion, personally I don't think Nigeria is leading in any type of crime in the whole world not even corruption. Let me tell u there are millions of upright Nigerians that u don't know. Have u not heard of people who see millions of naira and returned it to the owners?

Buhari pls Sir give us fiscal federalism or Niger Delta Republic period.

I remain Pere Akoko (fearless Niger Deltan)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by PatriotTemidayo: 4:49pm On Apr 02, 2017
akoko11:

Crime is not peculiar with only Nigerians in abroad.
U will agree with me that the two countries u mentioned in ur write up practice racism. Like what somebody have already said, India discriminate against her own dark skin citizens, what about SA, racism in SA is worst than that of India, will not deny that.
Op let me ask u few questions, why were Nigerians not been attacked in UK, France, USA, Italy, Canada, Brazil, Japan, Spain, South Korea, UAE, even in China etc.

The way u portrays Nigeria's image in ur write up is far out of proportion, if we are to go by ur write up, it means u are fantastically corrupt, not only u including ur family, community and state. Do u think it is only Nigerians that will read this trash. Why are u spoiling the name of Nigeria?
Going by ur example of bad things Nigerians are doing abroad, drug trafficking for example, if Nigerians are actually champions in drug crime, US would have use it to act series of drug trafficking movies, instead they use Mexico, eg cosmos in power.
This is not to say that there are not bad people among us, but u blew it out of proportion, personally I don't think Nigeria is leading in any type of crime in the whole world not even corruption. Let me tell u there are millions of upright Nigerians that u don't know. Have u not heard of people who see millions of naira and returned it to the owners?

Buhari pls Sir give us fiscal federalism or Niger Delta Republic period.

I remain Pere Akoko (fearless Niger Deltan)

I agree absolutely that there are millions of good people, people of value and ethical standards. And true, Nigeria doesn't have monopoly of crime, however, there is nothing wrong in holistically critiquing what have led to the incessant stereotypical attacks. If there's a window to improve our self-Image from the home front all through to the rest of the world, I think we should do it. The questions is, why Nigerians in most cases. If it were terrorism, we know whose citizens the world would attack, while violence is never justifiable, decorum is expedient in our drive to make money at all cost.

I remain Patriot Temidayo.
Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by MrMaestro: 4:53pm On Apr 02, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:

I get that, but we can't control all Nigerians. There will ALWAYS by Nigerian criminals. That's a fact of life. But once you make it acceptable for other countries to be xenophobic towards ALL Nigerians because of these criminals, you are damning all Nigerians to attack and harm. Which is a BIG problem.
Would Muslims say, "yes, continue to attack us, we deserve it because we have a lot of terrorists!" Or would Cubans say, "yes attack and kill Cubans because we have drug dealers!" Of course not. Only a black person would defend someone attacking their people, and it's crazy and pathetic. If there are Nigerian criminals, they should be reported to the police like any other civilized society in the world.

Your mentality for defending xenophobia against Nigerians is entrenched in self hatred and I would not have any part of it, so you should just stop trying to convince me because there isn't any circumstances where I will defend xenophobic attacks on Nigerian communities. So just stop it.

And you're not a patriot, all you've stated is negative things about Nigeria a d defended the attack on all Nigerians. You can call yourself a patriot a million times, but that wouldn't make it true.
Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by bantudra: 5:00pm On Apr 02, 2017
MrMaestro:

I get that, but we can't control all Nigerians. There will ALWAYS by Nigerian criminals. That's a fact of life. But once you make it acceptable for other countries to be xenophobic towards ALL Nigerians because of these criminals, you are damning all Nigerians to attack and harm. Which is a BIG problem.
Would Muslims say, "yes, continue to attack us, we deserve it because we have a lot of terrorists!" Or would Cubans say, "yes attack and kill Cubans because we have drug dealers!" Of course not. Only a black person would defend someone attacking their people, and it's crazy and pathetic. If there are Nigerian criminals, they should be reported to the police like any other civilized society in the world.

Your mentality for defending xenophobia against Nigerians is entrenched in self hatred and I would not have any part of it, so you should just stop trying to convince me because there isn't any circumstances where I will defend xenophobic attacks on Nigerian communities. So just stop it.

gbam!!...
Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by MrMaestro: 5:03pm On Apr 02, 2017
EnkayDezign4:

Exactly. These Nigerians either are uneducated or want to remain ignorant to the fact that the global caste system has Africans and other black people at the bottom. So we will ALWAYS have hatred. Or do they think Indians and south Africans would beat and attack white people who committed crimes? Or have they forgotten they were once killed in droves by white colonists? Of course not, because they know that they can't do this to white people because they'll be on CNN the next day, but they can do it to the African because they're at the bottom and no one will care. Just like this stupid NIGERIAN even DEFENDING these attacks. Can you imagine? These naive Nigerians need to wake up fast and stop playing dumb.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by akoko11: 5:17pm On Apr 02, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:

I agree absolutely that there are millions of good people, people of value and ethical standards. And true, Nigeria doesn't have monopoly of crime, however, there is nothing wrong in holistically critiquing what have led to the incessant stereotypical attacks. If there's a window to improve our self-Image from the home front all through to the rest of the world, I think we should do it. The questions is, why Nigerians in most cases. If it were terrorism, we know whose citizens the world would attack, while violence is never justifiable, decorum is expedient in our drive to make money at all cost.

I remain Patriot Temidayo.

Bros, I have one more thing to tell you, pls edit ur write up and the heading bcoz it not good for us as Nigerians. Though u have some point but it was blown out of proportion, hence u cannot draw any logical conclusion from these fallacious premises presented above. Thank you

I remain Pere Akoko (advocate fiscal federalism)
Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by PatriotTemidayo: 5:42pm On Apr 02, 2017
MrMaestro:

And you're not a patriot, all you've stated is negative things about Nigeria a d defended the attack on all Nigerians. You can call yourself a patriot a million times, but that wouldn't make it true.

Did I hear you says defend Xenophobia?? Where and how?

English is very difficult these days. Read the post again. Chastising my child for doing wrong and bringing shame to me and the family is not exactly the same as encouraging someone to beat my child, get that straight or go somewhere else with your abridged understanding. Hating who please? Comedians everywhere.

Lets just clean our acts up and pursue justice for our brothers and sisters out there. Simple!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by PatriotTemidayo: 5:48pm On Apr 02, 2017
akoko11:

Bros, I have one more thing to tell you, pls edit ur write up and the heading bcoz it not good for us as Nigerians. Though u have some point but it was blown out of proportion, hence u cannot draw any logical conclusion from these fallacious premises presented above. Thank you

I remain Pere Akoko (advocate fiscal federalism)

My bros, you may be the tiger or lion of Niger Delta but that's your domain, e no move me, not an inch. I nor go change my thread. Here's the thing, if you understand English, you'll know that the phrase "punching-Bag" is not exactly a supported action. It means molestation and selected maltreatment. So what I meant by that Topic is simply that the world is abusing Our people. Period! And I stick with it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by akoko11: 7:36pm On Apr 02, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:

My bros, you may be the tiger or lion of Niger Delta but that's your domain, e no move me, not an inch. I nor go change my thread. Here's the thing, if you understand English, you'll know that the phrase "punching-Bag" is not exactly a supported action. It means molestation and selected maltreatment. So what I meant by that Topic is simply that the world is abusing Our people. Period! And I stick with it.

This have nothing to do with my title, if u read tru my previous post again, you will see that I use the word "pls" I don't bully people, or force them to do anything against their wishes. I only made a passionate appeal to u to amend the topics and some amendment on the body for the sake of our beloved country Nigeria. But if u adamant to that no problem with u.
Thank u.

Fiscal federalism is d sure answer to Nigeria's problem
Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by PatriotTemidayo: 6:33am On Apr 03, 2017
akoko11:

This have nothing to do with my title, if u read tru my previous post again, you will see that I use the word "pls" I don't bully people, or force them to do anything against their wishes. I only made a passionate appeal to u to amend the topics and some amendment on the body for the sake of our beloved country Nigeria. But if u adamant to that no problem with u.
Thank u.

Fiscal federalism is d sure answer to Nigeria's problem

That was meant to make you laugh, actually. My brother and friend, I stand with you on True Fiscal federalism; that is the pathway to greatness. Let every region develop at its own pace. A broken appendage shouldn't hinder the other from going forward or far. I stand with you.

Patriot Temidayo.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Official Punching Bag Of The World by akoko11: 4:53pm On Apr 03, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:

That was meant to make you laugh, actually. My brother and friend, I stand with you on True Fiscal federalism; that is the pathway to greatness. Let every region develop at its own pace. A broken appendage shouldn't hinder the other from going forward or far. I stand with you.

Patriot Temidayo.

Tanx bro, for being part fiscal federalism team, do give me a mention when issues like this occurs in the nearest future

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Meeting With Biafra Council Of Elders In Anambra / Ozubulu Massacre: Kingsley Ekeoma(escoba) Sues AIT,SUN Other. (photos) / 2019: Sule Lamido Begins Huge Mobilisation In South East For Presidential Campai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.