Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,452 members, 7,836,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi (1099 Views)

NDDC Asks Senator Nwaoboshi To Refund ₦2.6 Billion / Court Seizes Peter Nwaoboshi's 12-Storey Building Over N1.5bn Contract Scam / "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi by deantimes(m): 2:47pm On Apr 01, 2017
THE Chairman of the Senate Committee on Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Peter Nwaoboshi (Delta North) has accused the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) of harassing members of the upper legislative chamber for the non-confirmation of the Acting boss of the anti-graft agency, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, as substantive Chairman.

Nwaoboshi noted that harassing him and other members would not stop his alignment with the position of the Senate as a body, or from speaking the truth.

He said these on Friday while reacting to media reports that he was being investigated, alongside his brother, Augustine, for supplying used equipment for a N1.5 billion contract with Delta State Ministry of Works, in 2010, and for not declaring certain properties in his asset declaration forms with the Code of Conduct Bureau.

The reports, in two dailies also alleged that Nwaoboshi’s BVN number had been linked to 20 bank accounts, to which his brother was signatory.

Nwaoboshi berated the commission for its indulgence in media trials instead of carrying out thorough investigations.

He admitted that Bilderberg Enterprises Ltd, where he was a Director at the time, bidded for the contract and won.

“We brought the equipment from manufacturers in China. Sino Truck, XEMG, Sanya, the companies we bought from all have offices in Nigeria, why can’t the EFCC contact them, or even contact their offices in China, provide the serial numbers of each equipment, and ask if we bought used or brand new? They can check shipping documents, etc,” he said.

The Senator added that all relevant agencies in the state certified the equipment as brand new.

“What they did not add was that I was not in government at the time. I was a businessman. I was a Director in the company at the time of the contract. This was long before I came to the Senate. As I speak, nobody has invited me.

“This is why we are saying the EFCC should be overhauled. Yesterday it was the Senate President and Dino (Melaye), now they have been cleared. Today it is me, because I spoke up, and said the power of confirmation lies with us as a Senate. In America, nominees of the President are being rejected, and heaven did not fall down,” Nwaoboshi added.

He also queried the interest of the EFCC in his asset declaration forms when the CCB has not faulted his submission.

“You prosecute people in the press, bring them down. Even without interrogating us, they have already found us guilty. That is the EFCC of Nigeria. Without conceding that it is true, is there any law that stops my brother’s company from having 20 accounts? He has been a businessman for years. And they said my BVN is linked to the accounts, but he is the signatory; let the bankers respond to that,” he added.

The Senator however welcomed the establishing of the Executive-Senate reconciliation committee, and expressed faith in the ability of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, who heads the committee, to resolve the face off.

“You do not intimidate people in a democracy to get what you want, you lobby,” he added.

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/04/efcc-harassing-senators-nwaoboshi/

Re: Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi by AntiWailer: 2:53pm On Apr 01, 2017
Harass ?

So because you guys have problems with the executives, every thief should be left alone.

Is orait. Your supporters will soon arrive.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi by dunkem21(m): 2:56pm On Apr 01, 2017
cheesy
Re: Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 3:01pm On Apr 01, 2017
Oga don't mind Buhari and his agent Magu.
They don't know what they are doing. Accusing people of corruption 'upandan'. A whole sinator

Can they prove anything?

Something that happened in 2010 they are still disturbing you for nothing. Shuo!

If you had known all this would happen you no for buy this kin bad market

Nobody stole any money. The money just somehow vanished.
Have they seen Abachas loot? No.
Ordinary 850 million they won't let somebori hear word. hian!
Nothing is missing. They should leave you alone. If they want some 'egunje' let them talk. Man to man. This is democracy.

Lobbying is allowed. In fact, it is welcome.

PS.
Due to the reactions I have received from some readers I wish to point out that this response is satire.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi by igwebuike01: 3:03pm On Apr 01, 2017
AntiWailer:
Harass ?

So because our have problems with executive every thief should be left alone.

shut up!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi by Horus(m): 3:14pm On Apr 01, 2017
There is no smoke without fire; if the EFCC knock on your door there is certainly a reason

2 Likes

Re: Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi by annnikky(f): 3:28pm On Apr 01, 2017
Magu is trying to impress his boss so he'll do everything within his power to achieve that even if it means inviting all d senate to his office for investigation, he'll do it so that he'll achieve his aim undecided

Can't d senate investigate him ni
Re: Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi by spartan117(m): 3:39pm On Apr 01, 2017
The executive's anti-corruption war is a witch hunt we all know dat, efcc is being used to harass dis senators bcuz dey don't comply with d presidency.

However, over 2/3 of d senators are extremely corrupt including d senate president, so d best thing to do is to just leave both parties to run themselves to d ground and hope dat Nigeria will run on auto pilot without crashing until leaders can rise up among d youths and lead us to our Nigerian dream

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi by vedaxcool(m): 3:48pm On Apr 01, 2017
See this bastard thief....

Re: Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi by AntiWailer: 4:01pm On Apr 01, 2017
igwebuike01:

shut up!!!

Why must you always support thieves.

It is in your DNA I guess.

Let it not be that they are using ur destiny to play Candy crush cos I dnt understand.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi by ZombieTERROR: 4:02pm On Apr 01, 2017
House of thieves

It costs Nigeria more than 100 million naira to maintain one senator anually
America has two senators per state
Why should we have three
Useless country

1 Like

Re: Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi by ZombieTERROR: 4:08pm On Apr 01, 2017
annnikky:
Magu is trying to impress his boss so he'll do everything within his power to achieve that even if it means inviting all d senate to his office for investigation, he'll do it so that he'll achieve his aim undecided

Can't d senate investigate him ni
Honey ... That senate chamber is a den of thieves ... All of them, no exception

1 Like

Re: Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi by ZombieTERROR: 4:15pm On Apr 01, 2017
AntiWailer:
Harass ?

So because you guys have problems with the executives, every thief should be left alone.

THIEVes have no supporters

3 Likes

Re: Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi by AntiWailer: 4:19pm On Apr 01, 2017
ZombieTERROR:

THIEVes have no supporters

They do.

See the eediot below : grin

igwebuike01:

shut up!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi by TimeManager(m): 4:24pm On Apr 01, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
They don't know what they are doing. Accusing people of corruption 'upandan'.

Can they prove anything?

Something that happened in 2010 they are still disturbing you for nothing. Shuo!

Nothing is missing. They should leave you alone. If they want some 'egunje' let them talk. Man to man. This is democracy. Lobbying is allowed.
In Law, there is no time limit to a crime... But I wouldn't blame you, Ipob peasants are so daft..

Truth is mine!
Re: Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 4:30pm On Apr 01, 2017
TimeManager:
In Law, there is no time limit to a crime... But I wouldn't blame you, Ipob peasants are so daft..

Truth is mine!

Is it so diificult for you to comprehend the concept of satire?
Re: Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi by Funlordjnr: 4:31pm On Apr 01, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
They don't know what they are doing. Accusing people of corruption 'upandan'.

Can they prove anything?

Nothing is missing. They should leave you alone. If they want some 'egunje' let them talk. Man to man. This is democracy. Lobbying is allowed.

Abeg...just go and change your name to "iamanipobtout"! Reasonable nigerian guys don't reason like you!
Re: Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi by annnikky(f): 4:41pm On Apr 01, 2017
ZombieTERROR:

Honey ... That senate chamber is a den of thieves ... All of them, no exception
Even d magu himself is not exempted.. He's also corrupt if u investigate him thoroughly..
Re: Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi by TimeManager(m): 4:42pm On Apr 01, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Is it so diificult for you to comprehend the concept of satire?
No vex abeg. The undue infiltration of Igbos has made it more difficult to leave room for satire.

Truth is mine!
Re: Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi by sammyj: 4:44pm On Apr 01, 2017
EFCC is harassing you guys because you are extremely corrupt and certificate forgers !!! tongue angry

2 Likes

Re: Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi by TimeManager(m): 4:46pm On Apr 01, 2017
annnikky:

Even d magu himself is not exempted.. He's also corrupt if u investigate him thoroughly..
Could we also call this a satire?... @iamanigerianguy

Kiss the truth!
Re: Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi by Newbiee: 5:01pm On Apr 01, 2017
Harass ko?
Re: Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi by dokiOloye(m): 5:44pm On Apr 01, 2017
AntiWailer:
Harass ?

Try and be reasonable sometimes.
I'm shocked by d revelations in the senator's statement.
He has not been invited by EFCC nor questioned by them yet his name has been conveniently dropped to d press.
This is d media trial ppl complain of.
Very shocking.
Re: Why EFCC Is Harassing Senators – Nwaoboshi by DocHMD: 6:09pm On Apr 01, 2017
AntiWailer:

Why must you always support thieves.

It is in your DNA I guess.

Let it not be that they are using ur destiny to play Candy crush cos I dnt understand.

Have you not already destroyed your destiny by supporting a certificateless tyrannic herdsman who sees you as a useless subject whom he owes no explanation even when he is told to account for how he expends your commonwealth in london?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Abuja Airport Runway Contract Was Used To Siphon Money From Government / #restructure Nigeria / 2 Boko Haram Commanders Were Released In Exchange For The 82 Chibok Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.