Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

#restructure Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #restructure Nigeria (1091 Views)

Atiku: Promising To Restructure Nigeria In 6 Months Is A 'big Lie' - Keyamo / Only Atiku Can Restructure Nigeria- Afenifere / "Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#restructure Nigeria by amyzon: 9:08pm On May 04, 2017
Restructuring Nigeria is the only way. It is not the fault of buhari nor Jonathan or even obj. If we don't restructure , we will keep failing. It is not about who we elected nor tribe , it is about the system of government that we are practicing. Nothing good can ever come out of the system we are practicing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #restructure Nigeria by Quinn22(f): 1:58pm On Jun 14, 2017
I agree with you! My bf was saying the same thing! shocked
Re: #restructure Nigeria by AHCB: 2:03pm On Jun 14, 2017
amyzon:
Restructuring Nigeria is the only way. It is not the fault of buhari nor Jonathan or even obj. If we don't restructure , we will keep failing. It is not about who we elected nor tribe , it is about the system of government that we are practicing. Nothing good can ever come out of the system we are practicing
What good is a system when the people controlling the system are corrupt than the word corrupt?

1 Like

Re: #restructure Nigeria by dragonking2: 2:04pm On Jun 14, 2017
Quinn22:
I agree with you! My bf was saying the same thing! shocked
Wetin concern us with your boyfriend? undecided

1 Like

Re: #restructure Nigeria by Quinn22(f): 2:05pm On Jun 14, 2017
Us? Who are the us?

I was having a conversation with the op thank you tongue
dragonking2:
Wetin concern us with your boyfriend? undecided
Re: #restructure Nigeria by dragonking2: 2:06pm On Jun 14, 2017
Quinn22:
Us? Who are the us?

I was having a conversation with the op thank you tongue
Is the OP your boyfriend? undecided
Re: #restructure Nigeria by Quinn22(f): 2:13pm On Jun 14, 2017
Asin! The corruption level is far beyond... cry
AHCB:
What good is a system when the people controlling the system are corrupt than the word corrupt?
Re: #restructure Nigeria by deedeedee1: 2:15pm On Jun 14, 2017
Regionalism will change nothing. Can i also tell you that our diversity is also a bad system. Dont get me wrong. There is nothing wrong in diversity. But when you have 300 ethnic groups, and there are 3 majority, with each one of them making up 20 percent of the country's population, then that itself is a bad system.
Re: #restructure Nigeria by Quinn22(f): 2:17pm On Jun 14, 2017
No i was trying to draw my bf's attention to this topic smiley
With that being said, good afternoon sir smiley
dragonking2:
Is the OP your boyfriend? undecided
Re: #restructure Nigeria by AHCB: 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2017
Quinn22:
Asin! The corruption level is far beyond... cry
Restructuring Nigeria isn't the problem. Changing our mentality is. Poverty has caused untold damage to the mindset of the average Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: #restructure Nigeria by Quinn22(f): 2:21pm On Jun 14, 2017
True! And the diversity doesn't seem to end, because here comes Biafra.
deedeedee1:
Regionalism will change nothing. Can i also tell you that our diversity is also a bad system. Dont get me wrong. There is nothing wrong in diversity. But when you have 300 ethnic groups, and there are 3 majority, with each one of them making up 20 percent of the country's population, then that itself is a bad system.
Re: #restructure Nigeria by Quinn22(f): 2:23pm On Jun 14, 2017
Yea and that poverty mentality relates to personal greed, if you know what I'm saying angry
AHCB:
Restructuring Nigeria isn't the problem. Changing our mentality is. Poverty has caused untold damage to the mindset of the average Nigerian.
Re: #restructure Nigeria by AHCB: 2:26pm On Jun 14, 2017
Quinn22:
Yea and that poverty mentality relates to personal greed, if you know what I'm saying angry
Personal greed? I think not. It's all about expanding ones mind to stop thinking small.

The mind of a Nigerian is basically concerned with what it will eat today, nothing more, nothing less.

Let's not forget, greed is something possess by almost every human on this earth.
Re: #restructure Nigeria by Quinn22(f): 2:31pm On Jun 14, 2017
Yeah you are right about the eat today and not think of tomorrow aspect but don't you think the African kind of greed is way too much than the normal human greed because I've seen politicians in Europe that are greedy but not the way African politicians are, at least they think about their people and about the future.
AHCB:
Personal greed? I think not. It's all about expanding ones mind to stop thinking small.

The mind of a Nigerian is basically concerned with what it will eat today, nothing more, nothing less.

Let's not forget, greed is something possess by almost every human on this earth.
Re: #restructure Nigeria by deedeedee1: 2:33pm On Jun 14, 2017
Quinn22:
True! And the diversity doesn't seem to end, because here comes Biafra.
There is reason why i fight for an only yoruba republic. I do not want benin and itshkiri people to join. This is because we will form another "mini nigeria"...which will not be good for us at all. It will hinder our progress. The minorities will always complain of being marginalized.
The igbos that attach themselves the niger deltans to form biafra do not know what is to come. They will regret they form a country with the niger deltans when the country eventually splits. Niger deltans themselves will have many problems, because of too much diversity. E.g Ijaws and urhobo, ijaws and itsekiri, benins and so on.
I should not be talking about biafra anyways.
Re: #restructure Nigeria by Quinn22(f): 2:47pm On Jun 14, 2017
I believe all the diversities, conflicts will lead to a revolution, it's all about the waiting....because it will definitely take place due to natural laws.

If you see the UK has a well structured system where you have England, wales, Scotland and Ireland to make one country even though their government system are diverse. That's how Nigeria should restructure. It would be great for Nigeria. So the south west, east, south and the north will have their own system of government but in one country. I think it could work, the only thing that could hinder it is personal greed.
deedeedee1:

There is reason why i fight for an only yoruba republic. I do not want benin and itshkiri people to join. This is because we will form another "mini nigeria"...which will not be good for us at all. It will hinder our progress. The minorities will always complain of being marginalized.
The igbos that attach themselves the niger deltans to form biafra do not know what is to come. They will regret they form a country with the niger deltans when the country eventually splits. Niger deltans themselves will have many problems, because of too much diversity. E.g Ijaws and urhobo, ijaws and itsekiri, benins and so on.

2 Likes

Re: #restructure Nigeria by AHCB: 3:58pm On Jun 14, 2017
Quinn22:
Yeah you are right about the eat today and not think of tomorrow aspect but don't you think the African kind of greed is way too much than the normal human greed because I've seen politicians in Europe that are greedy but not the way African politicians are, at least they think about their people and about the future.
Greed is greed. I tell you, the greed of the white man is just as dangerous like that of the black man. If you check the capitalist tendencies of the white man, you'll visibly see this.

However, what stops the white man from exploiting his fellow white man is because the law in the white man's country works. While that of ours doesn't.

1 Like

Re: #restructure Nigeria by deedeedee1: 6:20pm On Jun 14, 2017
Quinn22:
I believe all the diversities, conflicts will lead to a revolution, it's all about the waiting....because it will definitely take place due to natural laws.

If you see the UK has a well structured system where you have England, wales, Scotland and Ireland to make one country even though their government system are diverse. That's how Nigeria should restructure. It would be great for Nigeria. So the south west, east, south and the north will have their own system of government but in one country. I think it could work, the only thing that could hinder it is personal greed.
i dont believe regional government will change anthing. It failed in 1960s and will fail again. This regionalism even lead us to civil war. When we were having regionalism, some regions were even fighting to leave the country.
The uk is totally different from nigeria. Nigeria was amalgamted. We were forced to live together. If we start practising regionalism, tribalism, hate and envy will increase.
Can you now see why we cant be compatible?
Re: #restructure Nigeria by Quinn22(f): 6:25pm On Jun 14, 2017
So you are supporting diversity then?
deedeedee1:

i dont believe regional government will change anthing. It failed in 1960s and will fail again. This regionalism even lead us to civil war. When we were having regionalism, some regions were even fighting to leave the country.
The uk is totally different from nigeria. Nigeria was amalgamted. We were forced to live together. If we start practising regionalism, tribalism, hate and envy will increase.
Can you now see why we cant be compatible?
Re: #restructure Nigeria by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 14, 2017
Restructuring is the least that can be done to save NIGERIA........it's like recalibration on a precision equipment wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: #restructure Nigeria by deedeedee1: 6:30pm On Jun 14, 2017
Quinn22:
So you are supporting diversity then?
I am in supprt of a balkanized nigeria. Let nigeria split. I am yoruba, and i support a separate yoruba country. We are very large and can live and progress on our own.
Niger-Area should split once and for all.
Ko daru rawu rawu
Re: #restructure Nigeria by Quinn22(f): 9:10pm On Jun 14, 2017
Okay I respect your opinion smiley
deedeedee1:

I am in supprt of a balkanized nigeria. Let nigeria split. I am yoruba, and i support a separate yoruba country. We are very large and can live and progress on our own.
Niger-Area should split once and for all.
Ko daru rawu rawu
Re: #restructure Nigeria by dragonking2: 9:16pm On Jun 14, 2017
Honestly, we need to restructure this country. angry

1 Like

Re: #restructure Nigeria by amyzon: 1:45pm On Jun 16, 2017
TrueSenator:
Restructuring is the least that can be done to save NIGERIA........it's like recalibration on a precision equipment wink wink wink wink wink wink

It will be a good start
Re: #restructure Nigeria by amyzon: 1:50pm On Jun 16, 2017
This country is too diverse to be one
Re: #restructure Nigeria by amyzon: 1:53pm On Jun 16, 2017
deedeedee1:

Why is it that no group is pushing for Yoruba republic

(1) (Reply)

Dr Orji Uzor Kalu Gets Coronated As Living Senior Fellow Of Kegites Club / Biafra: 5 Reasons Nnamdi Kanu Is A Disgrace To Ojukwu’s Legacy / Igala Kingdom Rejects Biafra Map, Demands Apology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.