Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House (4960 Views)

Exclusive Interview With Lamidi Adedibu- Video / Interview Video Of Baba Adedibu(strongman Of Ibadan Politics) / Time Up For Alh Lamidi Adedibu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by soulpatrol(f): 9:48pm On Feb 15, 2007
but he aint bigger than the LORD! amen!
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by 9ja4eva: 2:45am On Feb 17, 2007
soulpatrol:

but he aint bigger than the LORD! amen!

Abi?God will judge him accordingly.
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by lewa(m): 3:03am On Feb 17, 2007
From www.punchontheweb.com

PDP urges police to probe Adedibu
By Musikilu Mojeed
Published: Saturday, 17 Feb 2007
The Peoples Democratic Party on Friday urged the police to investigate one of its chieftains in Oyo State, Alhaji Lamidi Adedibu, and bring him to book if he is found culpable for thuggery and attempt to rig the April elections.

Skip to next paragraph

Photo file
Alh. Lamidi Adedibu

Briefing journalists in Abuja, the PDP’s National Secretary of the party, Chief Ojo Maduekwe, said the PDP would not condone thuggery and any form of electoral fraud. Maduekwe called the press conference to refute the allegations by the presidential candidate of the All Nigeria Peoples Party, Gen Muhammadu Buhari, that the PDP had perfected strategies to massively rig the April elections.

But newsmen asked the PDP secretary why his party was yet to move against Adedibu, despite his alleged involvement thuggery and violence in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital. They also sought to know why the PDP had not reacted to the allegation that six Direct Data Capture machines were found in Adedibu’s residence during the recent voter registration.

Responding, Maduekwe said while his party was always keen on seeing wrongdoers punished, it was the responsibility of the police to take appropriate action to bring Adedibu to book. Saying the party should not be blamed for any crime the Ibadan politician was being accused of, Maduekwe argued that it was wrong to presume that Adedibu was guilty even when he had not been investigated.

Assuring that the ‘new PDP’ would not tolerate improper conducts, he said he was hopeful that with time, the party would have more political will to punish wrongdoings.

Maduekwe said, “Willingness to hand over wrong doers to face the law does not make us the police. The police still have to do their job. If the kind of offences you are talking about are committed in our very presence, then of course we have a responsibility to do something. We are self critical. We have always done a good appraisal of ourselves more than any other political party. We have been honest and we have said in the past that we have left Egypt but we have not reached Canaan yet. There is still a gap between our projection regarding what the real PDP will be and the reality on the ground.

“We will keep on improving and the political will to punish wrongdoing will increase over time. We will not get there overnight. There is a danger in our swinging from one extreme to the other.

“We cannot presume people guilty because there are allegations against them. We must allow the police to do their job. While we remain focused on the new PDP position we have attained regarding violence, thuggery and all that, I think one can take the advice of a veteran of Nigeria politics, one of the wisest men Nigeria was blessed to have, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe.

“His advice in matters like these is Surulere (patience). And I think we can afford to adopt that approach on some of the complex issues you have mentioned without compromising our commitment to confronting violence, and other vices.

“As a matter of fact, a number of substitutions which we made about candidacy are as a result of implication in thuggery. The candidate may not have been caught red-handed but there were unclear allegations that they either benefited from thuggery or they looked the other way while it was happening. That is how hard we have been on ourselves.”

Since Maduekwe refuted Buhari’s charge that the PDP had planned to rig the elections, newsmen then asked him whether the offence Adedibu allegedly committed was not part of the alleged scheme to rig the election.

He responded, “It is inconceivable that any political party worth its salt will sit down at its headquarters and plan how to rig an election. If any member of any of the political party whether PDP or ANPP, AD or whatever name they are called is found to be involved in an exercise that is criminal, including rigging, it does not mean that such a member has the approval of party leaders.

“We will definitely not condone rigging. We will in fact willingly hand over any of our members who we found to be involved in rigging. If any of our members is found to be engaged in rigging, we will recommend that the law enforcement agents should take appropriate action and not put the blame at our doorsteps.”

Earlier, in a five-page statement, Maduekwe accused Buhari of crying wolf where there is none, saying the PDP had no reason to rig any election when it was the predominant party in the country. While describing the ANPP candidate as a perennial loser, Maduekwe said, “It is not unusual that in a campaign period, certain type of candidates bandy allegations, half-truths, and outright falsehood in the attempt to score cheap political points, and take advantage of the gullible and ill-informed.

“What kind of presidential candidate proceeds to talk of the writing of results of an election which is still nearly two months away without the slightest shred of evidence? How can PDP be writing results when the candidates are still in the process of emerging? Could it be that General Buhari is merely preparing his ground for yet another long-drawn election petition that is planned to put on hold our transition from election to governance?”
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by lewa(m): 3:06am On Feb 17, 2007
Let's hope Ojo" big mouth" Maduekwe is not just making noise. The guy's theatrics is second to none_______,maybe like Ofonagoro, Alex Akinyele
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by 9ja4eva: 3:16am On Feb 17, 2007
How many times dem don vogue?Make dem act first no be drama we dey find.
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by chidichris(m): 10:09am On Feb 17, 2007
the pdp knows how to eject orji uzo kalu and atiku from the party but they don't know how to axe chris uba and adedibu.
are they(pdp) not doing better than pete edochie and kanayo o. kanayo.
i am expecting them to promote him soon like they did when Chris Uba single handedly held Anambra and the state governor hostage for several months.
the police is saying inec should arrest adedibu and inec is saying it is the police's duty then our able dictector is keeping a deaf ear and a blind eye on the big idiot of ibadan. all are interpreting the scripts of the self acclaimed messiah of uttah farm whose suden wealth has turned into a hitler.
they are untouchable but our God must visit them like their counterparts who chose the same passage.
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by donnymikky(m): 11:18am On Feb 17, 2007
I still maintain my stance on the issue of INEC Machines found in Adedibu's house. No one should blame OBJ because he is not empowered by law to arrest and prosecute Adedibu. The Police have evidences against this Old man so they should go ahead to charge him to court. If truelly OBJ is shielding Adedibu from being prosecuted, I think the I.G should go ahead to resign and come out to tell Nigerians that the President is influencing an established case in the favour of the culprit. Till we learn to do the right things in this country we may not move from where we are. Let the Police publish the outcome of its findings and tell us what has really made the Police force from arresting that man and charging him to court. Personally I think OBJ MUST not be blamed now till it is established that he(OBJ) is the one that has created immunity for Adedibu.
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by chidichris(m): 12:15pm On Feb 18, 2007
my dear it is obvious here that u are far from the news in nig.
when okonjo iweala found out a case of fruad in the ministry of external affairs and reported same, obj person told her to go and do her home work well. it was established that the yoruba man who was there before her made an over-invoiced payment of us$4.6 million instead of us$26,000 and this inccidence was reported by the nigerian embassy in jamica.
Ribadu has established a fruad of 83 billion naira in npa involving bode goerge and no arrest or nothing has been done yet why? because bode is obj's right hand man.
Chris uba held anambra hostage for months using tauts to spoil government's properties and nothing happened rather pdp which is obj made him a member of borad of trustees. tony annenih recieved directly from the fg funds to the tune of 300 billion for roads yet no roads no arrest.
Ojukwu was held at mm international airport while he was travelling for medicals and obj was out of the country, they had to wait to get confirmation from obj before his passport was given back to him.
there is no police no court in nigeria as i am talking to u. why will the compilation of corrupt politicians and and all the processes of disqualification be concluded within five days but the arrest of adedibu is not hold after weeks of the inccidence.
Dr. Andy Uba, the gubernitorial candidate of pdp in anambra has an established case in the usa involving obj's uttah farm and his presidential jet and nothing has happened.
the big fat old fool in ibadan is now saying that no machine was found in his house and that nobody has asked him anything till now and that even ribadu has begged him for a statement attached to him by the newspapers while ribadu is saying he is a big fat lier.
we are in for commedy and drama.
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by donnymikky(m): 2:32pm On Feb 18, 2007
@chidichris
You dont seem to understand what I'm saying. We should learn to do the right thing in Nigeria. The silence of the Police Force has kept nigerians in dark as to know who is actually shielding Adedibu from being prosecuted. Nigeria Police is empowered by the constitution to prosecute anyone found to have commited any crime and there is no where in the constitution where the President has the right to influence the duties of the Police. The I>G must come out to tell all Nigerians who has created immunity for Adedibu.
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by 9ja4eva: 8:44am On Feb 20, 2007
@ donnymikky

Abi oh.I jst dnt understand how they will carry out a free and fair election if everyone is above the law.Who is Adedibu and y cnt he be brought to book?Na wa oh.Read he signed a peace pact.Thats total rubbish to me anyway.
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by chidichris(m): 12:13pm On Feb 20, 2007
it is u who seem not to understand the situattion in nigerai. no arrest whatsoever will be made without the consent of obj.
he is running the affairs of the country single handedly.
where in the world have you seen a thug sign peace deal with government?
if you have been following the chronicles of events in nigeria you will be able to know that nothing happens without his consent.
he has turned himself into a semi-god that no other arm of government can act without his approval.
are you not following the pdp? he says who he wants and who must drop his intention or face the efcc.
in the history of nigeria, this election is going to be the worst as all the candidates are imposed on the voters. all the pdp candidates were selected by aso rock as there were not primary elections. in their primaries, winners who are not aso rock candidates were all dropped.
just go and read about chris uba and anambra politics and begin to appreciate that only last week that it was announced that gvernment is withdrawng his security men.
you won't believe that Adedibu's security guides will be more in numbers and better erquipt than the state governor.
remember: power corrupts and absolute power corrupt absolutely and since obj has absolute powers, he is absolutely corrupt.
trace people in his good book, Chris Uba, Tony Annenih, Bode Goerge, Adedibu etc and tell me which of them that is not a sad news to nigeria.
a president who could do away with Okonjo Iweala is close to devil and we have to been on our kneels day and night for God to intervene like he did when we had ibb and abacha.
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by 9ja4eva: 10:12pm On Feb 20, 2007
@ Chidichris

I flow with dt.The president hmm
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by donnymikky(m): 11:59am On Feb 21, 2007
i
t is u who seem not to understand the situattion in nigerai. no arrest whatsoever will be made without the consent of obj.
he is running the affairs of the country single handedly.
where in the world have you seen a thug sign peace deal with government?
if you have been following the chronicles of events in nigeria you will be able to know that nothing happens without his consent.
he has turned himself into a semi-god that no other arm of government can act without his approval.
are you not following the pdp? he says who he wants and who must drop his intention or face the efcc.
in the history of nigeria, this election is going to be the worst as all the candidates are imposed on the voters. all the pdp candidates were selected by aso rock as there were not primary elections. in their primaries, winners who are not aso rock candidates were all dropped.
just go and read about chris uba and anambra politics and begin to appreciate that only last week that it was announced that gvernment is withdrawng his security men.
you won't believe that Adedibu's security guides will be more in numbers and better erquipt than the state governor.
remember: power corrupts and absolute power corrupt absolutely and since obj has absolute powers, he is absolutely corrupt.
trace people in his good book, Chris Uba, Tony Annenih, Bode Goerge, Adedibu etc and tell me which of them that is not a sad news to nigeria.
a president who could do away with Okonjo Iweala is close to devil and we have to been on our kneels day and night for God to intervene like he did when we had ibb and abacha.

If it is true that Baba dictates the pace for the Police then the I.G must resign. I still dont want to believe baba has anything to do with the non prosecution of ADedibu till the police come out to tell nigerians in clear terms. If it is true that baba dictates everything in Nigeria why didmt he influence the verdict of the Abuja judge in his favour. We know Atiku has won many cases (non on corruption) th e F.G instituted against him just because the Judiciary in independent. The Police must tell us why they havent charged the old man to court. They should tell us why they refuse to prosecute him instead of signing peace agreement with him.
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by chidichris(m): 1:45pm On Feb 21, 2007
well, i urge u to believe what u believe. in the atiku issue, i would want you to understand that obj is having his ways. his major need on atiku issue is to make atiku uncomfortable for the election. you can see here that the major task is to make sure atiku does not be the next president because we all know the implication.
on papers, atiku is the vp but in practice, where is he? when was the last time he get involved in making important decission about nigeria? is it not obvious here that atiku's effort is just to hide under the immunity of a vp while the struggle continues and believe you me, the whole thing here is stage managed. you can see atiku was in london while the judgement was been taken and that is in case anything goes wrong. you have to understand that if he lost the case in the appeal court, he will instantly lose his immunity and will be arrested at the sport.
look at what is going on in the senate as it relates to the efcc corruption list. the house is now trying to make provissions in the constitution that will warrant the independence of efcc as it was said that obj personally doctored the list. please be informed that provissions that set up efcc made room for obj to drop names or include names as well as change any member of the commission(efcc) but is good now that the senate has set up a committee to report on their findings by thursday and only then shall we begin to see new efcc with a right to prosecute adedibu and everyother untouchable sword of the president. why don't ask yourself why Andy uba has never been invited by the efcc. is his case different from that of alamasiya. one can say he has a more incriminating case that can warrant a good president to resign.
if obj should be giving his jet out for money laundary, will that not be a disgrace to the country as a whole.
let us pray that the senate will give ribadu and his men the free hands they deserve and only then that we will begin to appreciate the goodness of the commission.
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by Johnny(m): 3:47pm On Feb 21, 2007
The fat, old and dubious politician.
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by 9ja4eva: 9:55pm On Feb 21, 2007
Johnny:

The fat, old and dubious politician.

Thats y we have to vote deir ass out for our Country to move forward.Do u get.God will kill dem out.
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by lewa(m): 10:10pm On Feb 21, 2007
Adedibu for godfather Oyo politics 2007/2011!No shakin!.Make una vote!Amala and gbegiri very plenty!
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by 9ja4eva: 6:49am On Feb 22, 2007
Lol!!!

Dibu go soon go
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by donnymikky(m): 3:47pm On Feb 22, 2007
on papers, atiku is the vp but in practice, where is he? when was the last time he get involved in making important decission about nigeria,

My brother we need not jump intop any assumption about the position of Atiku in this present dispensaton. If there is any summitt for all Vice presidents in the world will Atiku not represent Nigeria?, In as much as he decided not to resign then he has 50% of the achievements of this government to his credit. We must learn to do the right thing. Let him resign but brother, it is too late for him to do that now.
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by 9ja4eva: 11:42pm On Feb 23, 2007
Hmm read that Adedibu went to Aso Rock to see him.Na wa oh.Which kain people b all dese people sef?
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by lewa(m): 2:09am On Mar 09, 2007
Obasanjo publicly salutes Adedibu!
From www.tribune.com.ng
Adedibu cannot be reformed - Obasanjo; Violence in Ibadan
By Dapo Falade and Akin Durodola - 09.03.2007

THE Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Thursday took Ibadan by storm with President Olusegun Obasanjo declaring that Alhaji Lamidi Adedibu cannot be reformed. Ibadan city was practically shut down with pockets of violence recorded in some parts of the city just as both President Obasanjo and Governor Goodluck Jonathan described those peddling rumours of Alhaji Umar Yar’Adua’s death as murderers.

Governor Rashidi Ladoja was, however, absent at the rally, citing security concerns. Speaking at the PDP campaign at Ibadan yesterday, the president noted that; “Baba (Adedibu) has been in politics for over 55 years and he is now about 80 years. Whatever his shortcomings, he should not be chided publicly in accordance with the Yoruba culture.

“Baba is not an angel and he is not perfect but whatever his shortcomings, he can be privately corrected. He can be corrected secretly and I am sure that he will surely change. This is what I have been telling the people; whatever his shortcomings, we should let him know but decently and we should not also fail to point out the areas where he is good.”

Holding Alhaji Adedibu’s hands as the duo danced together, President Obasanjo said somebody like Alhaji Adedibu could not be dispensed with, adding that, “55 years of political experience can not be bought in the market; we need his experience to ensure the victory of the PDP.”

Speaking on the chances of the party at the April elections, the president asserted that the Yar’Adua/Goodluck presidential ticket was the best for Nigeria. He also endorsed the state deputy governor, Otunba Bayo Alao-Akala, as the PDP governorship standard-bearer in Oyo State by raising up his (Akala’s) hand at the rally.

“In Oyo PDP, there is enough space for everybody. In Oyo State, there are many competent people who can fly the party’s flag but Alao-Akala is the best candidate for the party in the state,” he said. Speaking on the rumoured death of the PDP presidential candidate, Alhaji Yar’Adua, President Obasanjo said he was alive and kicking, describing the rumour mongers as murderers.

“I spoke with Yar’Adua on phone in Abeokuta yesterday (Wednesday) to confirm if he is dead. By the grace of God, by the end of the week, he will return and before the end of the South-West zonal campaign of our party, our presidential candidate, Umar Yar’Adua, will be able to join us again.

“Whosoever wishes death for a fellow human being by his thought and who verbalises it, is a murderer and an assassin. If such a man has access to weapons, he will commit murder. Such a person is an assassin,” he declared.

Meanwhile, Oyo State governor, Senator Rashidi Ladoja, said his absence at the Mapo rally of the PDP yesterday was for security reasons and to avoid a recurrence of what happened at the Akure rally about a month ago.

He spoke through his Special Adviser on Media and Strategy, Prince Ade Adekanmbi, while also stating that he had delegated his deputy, Chief Bayo Alao-Akala, to welcome President Obasanjo at the Ibadan airport on his behalf.

“In respect to the rally, you will recall what happened in Akure and the governor, being a man of peace, did not want a repeat of that, so he had to stay away. Apart from that, the security report did not allow him to go,” he said.

But the Akala 2007 project described the excuse given by the governor as a flimsy one, saying it was a slap on the face of Oyo State people.

Prince Dotun Oyelade, the Yar’Adua/Akala project, said “the absence of the governor of Oyo State to receive the president this afternoon (yesterday) both in his capacity as the governor and as chief security officer is a slap on the face of citizens of this state.

“It is an embarrassment and a flouting of bureaucratic and protocol etiquette which should not be condoned in a democracy. “If indeed he belongs to the PDP as he has often claimed, no matter how disappointed he is concerning his gubernatorial ambition, he should have put the interest of the people first and allow civilized decorum to play a major role.”

Also, the former deputy national chairman of the PDP, Alhaji Yekeen Adeojo, said his presence at the rally was not necessary. Though Alhaji Adeojo could not be reached, one of his aides who spoke on condition of anonymity, said “since it was a mere rally, the presence of Chief Adeojo is not necessary.”

In a related development, violence erupted in the early hours of yesterday in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, leaving many wounded.
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by lewa(m): 2:12am On Mar 09, 2007
He also endorsed the state deputy governor, Otunba Bayo Alao-Akala, as the PDP governorship standard-bearer in Oyo State by raising up his (Akala’s) hand at the rally.
In Oyo PDP, there is enough space for everybody. In Oyo State, there are many competent people who can fly the party’s flag but Alao-Akala is the best candidate for the party in the state
Hmm!Despite Ribadu indicting Akala for gross incompetence,despite 11 months as governor with nothing to show,i really wonder about OBJ'S legacy after office.
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by lewa(m): 2:14am On Mar 09, 2007
Whosoever wishes death for a fellow human being by his thought and who verbalises it, is a murderer and an assassin. If such a man has access to weapons, he will commit murder. Such a person is an assassin,” he declared
Well said !What of those who killed Ige,marshal,Dikibo, Williams?Weren't they carrying out orders?OBJ !
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by mowapa(m): 4:03am On Mar 09, 2007
The only legacy OBJ is worried about is to make sure a friendly president succeed him. The man is so afraid of his own shadow now. TOO MUCH MAGO-MAGO with our money
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by 9ja4eva: 6:18am On Mar 09, 2007
They have not still arrested the man oh.Obj is full of,
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by donnymikky(m): 10:01am On Mar 09, 2007
Now i know there some special immunities for some special people in a special society as ours
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by chidichris(m): 11:37pm On Mar 09, 2007
Donnymikky,
u surprise me. why are u jumping into conclussion now?
have u not read how urgent all the criminal cases of atiku were established and gazzeted earlier than the official stipulated time.
have u not been following the obasanjo democracy which makes the likes of Chris Uba, andy uba, adedibu and annineh saints while atiku and kalu remains the only problem nigeria has.
which other country can operate a democracy that allow an old fat idiot to kill people at will,cause problems in a state and keep for personal use, inec machines.
look at a whole president speaking such trash in public that adedibu is too old to be reformed, and so shld be allowed to ruine the country.
what is the difference with what kalu is saying about obj and his age.
if we must think about his promises before he became president, we must uniannimously agree that he is a total failure.
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by lewa(m): 12:03am On Mar 10, 2007
Roger!
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by kitaun(m): 2:32am On Mar 10, 2007
Now, I really am justified to have said Adedibu remains untouchable. . .any more doubts?
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by 9ja4eva: 8:08am On Mar 10, 2007
chidichris:

Donnymikky,
have u not read how urgent all the criminal cases of atiku were established and gazzeted earlier than the official stipulated time.
have u not been following the obasanjo democracy which makes the likes of Chris Uba, andy uba, adedibu and annineh saints while atiku and kalu remains the only problem nigeria has.
which other country can operate a democracy that allow an old fat idiot to kill people at will,cause problems in a state and keep for personal use, inec machines.
look at a whole president speaking such trash in public that adedibu is too old to be reformed, and so shld be allowed to ruine the country.
if we must think about his promises before he became president, we must uniannimously agree that he is a total failure.

Yes hes a total failure and he wld fail in this elections too
kitaun:

Now, I really am justified to have said Adedibu remains untouchable. . .any more doubts?

Yeah u r.

He is a failure no doubt and he wld fail again in this election.
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by donnymikky(m): 12:23pm On Mar 10, 2007
Donnymikky,

Brother you are very right very very very right. COMMUNISM here in China is better than our own kind of[b] DEMOCRACY[/b]
Re: INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House by 9ja4eva: 3:21am On Mar 12, 2007
R u for real?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS : Former Abia Gov, Orji Uzor Kalu And Mother On Loggerhead / President Of The New Islamic State Convoy Causes Panic In Borno / Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.