Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,459 members, 7,861,325 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:50 AM

Witch Children Phenomenon : Where Is The Govt In The Midst Of This Evil. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Witch Children Phenomenon : Where Is The Govt In The Midst Of This Evil. (584 Views)

Oshiomhole Receives Prince Eheneden Erediauwa At The Govt House (photos) / U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja / 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Witch Children Phenomenon : Where Is The Govt In The Midst Of This Evil. by edoyad(m): 12:52am On Dec 26, 2009
I Just saw on TV a dutch journalist win an award for his story on the witch children of phenomenon in the Nigeria(Niger Delta in Specific), what the hell is that ? Why are we being so inhuman to those defenseless tots in name of "Jesus" ?
Just learning how some of those kids are burnt or bathed in acid and nothing is being said anywhere. Does the silence mean that we accept this evil or what ? Child Witch ! ! It's still sinking in, so sad.
Re: Witch Children Phenomenon : Where Is The Govt In The Midst Of This Evil. by Beaf: 1:21am On Dec 26, 2009
In any sane country, the likes of evengalist Helen Ukpabio would have been in the electric chair. We are a lost country with people that will believe anything as long as religion is attached to it. Imagine a country in this modern age that can give birth to the likes of child witches and Boko Haram.

We are backward, even though the land is running over with talent.

Maybe we will soon start accepting cannibalism, as long as it is "justified" by religion.
While other countries are training their kids with pride as their future leaders in various positive sphere's; Nigerian kids are either at home due to one ASUU strike or something similar, or are simply labelled as witches and murdered. What an uncaring and wicked land. Where are we going?
Re: Witch Children Phenomenon : Where Is The Govt In The Midst Of This Evil. by ancel(m): 1:24am On Dec 26, 2009
@Beaf: Please excuse my ignorance, what does this have to do with Helen Ukpabio?
Re: Witch Children Phenomenon : Where Is The Govt In The Midst Of This Evil. by SEFAGO(m): 1:27am On Dec 26, 2009
I Just saw on TV a dutch journalist win an award for his story on the witch children of phenomenon in the Nigeria(Niger Delta in Specific), what the hell is that ? Why are we being so inhuman to those defenseless tots in name of "Jesus" ?
Just learning how some of those kids are burnt or bathed in acid and nothing is being said anywhere. Does the silence mean that we accept this evil or what ? Child Witch ! ! It's still sinking in, so sad.

I thot the south-south was developed?
Re: Witch Children Phenomenon : Where Is The Govt In The Midst Of This Evil. by Beaf: 1:31am On Dec 26, 2009
ancel:

@Beaf: Please excuse my ignorance, what does this have to do with Helen Ukpabio? 

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial&hs=S0K&q=evengalist+Helen+Ukpabio+child+witches&btnG=Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=

SEFAGO:

I thot the south-south was developed?

Stop being stu pid.
Re: Witch Children Phenomenon : Where Is The Govt In The Midst Of This Evil. by ancel(m): 1:34am On Dec 26, 2009
Re: Witch Children Phenomenon : Where Is The Govt In The Midst Of This Evil. by bibiking1(m): 1:36am On Dec 26, 2009
ancel:

Make that two please.
Re: Witch Children Phenomenon : Where Is The Govt In The Midst Of This Evil. by edoyad(m): 1:40am On Dec 26, 2009
@beaf, Honestly i think you have hit it spot on, People will do anything in the name of religion. And so for the religious leeches to stay relevant they keep inventing outrageous distractions to keep their flock occupied and interested in. How can you explain why parents would try to kill their own children believing they are diabolically linked to the family's state of poverty ?
The Mind set of a good number of us is so backward and out of touch with modern existence that i just cannot imagine the task ahead. Do we also now have to be taught how to protect our children ? A society that endorses the venting of It's frustrations on the weak is in real trouble.
Re: Witch Children Phenomenon : Where Is The Govt In The Midst Of This Evil. by ancel(m): 2:01am On Dec 26, 2009
bibiking1:

Make that two please.
@bibiking: Check Beaf's reply and my second response. Click the links.
Re: Witch Children Phenomenon : Where Is The Govt In The Midst Of This Evil. by bibiking1(m): 3:53am On Dec 26, 2009
ancel:

@bibiking: Check Beaf's reply and my second response. Click the links.

Thanks bro., A very disturbing piece of information to digest at this hour. I felt the bile rise in me. And to this whole "Nigerian suicide bomber" stuff is really getting me all worked up!

(1) (Reply)

Http://authspot.com/thoughts/who-are-you-16/ / Vp Summons Sanusi For Urgent Talks - Monday / Stop Press:nigeria's Leadership Conundrum Over Before 2010!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.