Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Which Kind Of Medicine Is The Most Suitable For The Treatment Of SS Sickle Cell - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Which Kind Of Medicine Is The Most Suitable For The Treatment Of SS Sickle Cell (587 Views)

A Sickler Shares How He Survives Sickle Cell Anemia (Photo) / 38,000 Nigerian Doctors Are Working In The Diaspora- Eko University Of Medicine / Yes, It Is Not Impossible. 'AA' Can Marry 'AS' And Give Birth To 'SS' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Kind Of Medicine Is The Most Suitable For The Treatment Of SS Sickle Cell by babtuns76(m): 5:50pm On Apr 01, 2017
I have been seen some sickles cells animea disease pacient and I don't even see any one of them that have been cure by their doctor's,so that make me confused that this kind of sickness don't even have a specific drugs or medicine's that can cure it. Or if any advised for it Let's people benefit from you.
Re: Which Kind Of Medicine Is The Most Suitable For The Treatment Of SS Sickle Cell by falcon01: 5:55pm On Apr 01, 2017
babtuns76:
I have been seen some sickles cells anemia disease patient and I don't even see any one of them that have been cure by their doctor's,so that make me confused that this kind of sickness don't even have a specific drugs or medicine's that can cure it. Or if any advised for it Let's people benefit from you.
it is not a sickness rather it is a red blood cell disorder. people who have sickled cell have abnormal hemoglobin.
Re: Which Kind Of Medicine Is The Most Suitable For The Treatment Of SS Sickle Cell by geunik(m): 9:42pm On Apr 01, 2017
The drugs use only reverse the sickle cell shape for the hours the drug is in the body. That time, the sufferer must have taking blood building food and supplement to increase the number of normal sphere red cells in the body. There is no permanent drug to reverse sickle cells shape today. The reason is that these cells only live for about 120 days. So if a drug help sickle cells today, new ones are being produce every other day which need the drug too.

1 Like

Re: Which Kind Of Medicine Is The Most Suitable For The Treatment Of SS Sickle Cell by sisisioge: 11:50pm On Apr 01, 2017
In simpler terms...there is no drug to cure Sickle cell anemia, it can only be managed for now. SS no get cure...try not to deliberately bring SS kids into the world. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Which Kind Of Medicine Is The Most Suitable For The Treatment Of SS Sickle Cell by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 02, 2017
sisisioge:
In simpler terms...there is no drug to cure Sickle cell anemia, it can only be managed for now. SS no get cure...try not to deliberately bring SS kids into the world. Thank you.
Well, aunty, bone marrow transplant (BMT) has been demonstrated to provide a lasting cure for SCD.
But as per the op's question, ur right. No drug provides a cure.

(1) (Reply)

10 Foods That Make You Look Younger / Blue Whale 'suicide' Facebook Game Linked To 130 Teen Deaths In Russia / 21 Best Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.