Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,020 members, 7,852,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:05 PM

UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD - Phones (594) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD (1754120 Views)

TECNO Spark 5 Official Discussion Thread / ********Gionee Discussion Thread******** / Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (2177) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by benefitzte: 11:15pm On Feb 28, 2019
Lexusgs430:

The Umidigi A3 Pro, is not Glo 4G compliant........... I would wager the excessive battery drain, would be network related........
This is from A3 pro, I think I was d 1st to complain about A3 pro ba3 here and most guys here were tutoring me about background running apps as if its my 1st Android.
I have resigned to my own fate about d phone's ba3 and may be giving it out d moment d new phone I ordered arrives.

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Dam5reey(m): 11:44pm On Feb 28, 2019
benefitzte:

This is from A3 pro, I think I was d 1st to complain about A3 pro ba3 here and most guys here were tutoring me about background running apps as if its my 1st Android.
I have resigned to my own fate about d phone's ba3 and may be giving it out d moment d new phone I ordered arrives.

Do you mean A3 pro support band 28?
Cos I saw on the website They have 2 versions

Standard version got band 26 and 28, where did you ordered yours?

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Ifedayosteven(m): 1:02am On Mar 01, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Aliexpress or Gearbest..... Tẹll seller to declare $18 Phone Accessory.........
Thanks. How long does it take typically.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Ifedayosteven(m): 1:04am On Mar 01, 2019
passendi:
I can get it for you at affordable price
Pay on delivery?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by passendi: 5:58am On Mar 01, 2019
Ifedayosteven:

Pay on delivery?
we work out logistics i can get it to you at affordable prize
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by benefitzte: 6:19am On Mar 01, 2019
Dam5reey:

Do you mean A3 pro support band 28?
Cos I saw on the website They have 2 versions

Standard version got band 26 and 28, where did you ordered yours?

Jumia
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by matoseyems(m): 7:13am On Mar 01, 2019
Dogfather1:
The pictures of the phone is quite large. I'm going to use my A3 to send them now.

BRO how is the fone, I am planning on getting one, any pros and cons
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by adebrave1(m): 7:14am On Mar 01, 2019
benefitzte:

Do you mean glo 4G works on A3 pro?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by realceeg(m): 7:44am On Mar 01, 2019
guys using a3 , pls hw true or false is this b3 issue..mek una tell us o
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Toluene15: 7:56am On Mar 01, 2019
benefitzte:

Then the A3 pro should support GLO 4G since it has band 28.
The A3 doesn't support. I think I've seen someone post something earlier on this thread about using GLO 4G on A3 pro

The A3 pro has more specs than the A3. I think that's why it might be taking more battery power.

The A3 battery works fine
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Sgbate(m): 8:08am On Mar 01, 2019
Toluene15:

Then the A3 pro should support GLO 4G since it has band 28.
The A3 doesn't support. I think I've seen someone post something earlier on this thread about using GLO 4G on A3 pro

The A3 pro has more specs than the A3. I think that's why it might be taking more battery power.

The A3 battery works fine
Probably the reason I felt the complain was a bit exxagerated,my A3 has no draining issues at all...
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Toluene15: 8:22am On Mar 01, 2019
Those comparing the Umidigi A3 battery with that of Tecno and infinix of the same battery power should take note
For example: The infinix smart 2 with the A3

It cost 33k while the Umidigi A3 is 29k

They are both around 3000mAh

Both uses the mediatek mt6739 (but the smart 2 uses a lower version which is 32bits while the A3 uses the Normal version which is 64bits)
The A3 has dual 4G band + dual WiFi band while you only get single 4G & WiFi band on the smart 2

I have also compared the Sensors on both devices.The Umidigi A3 has a lot of sensors running on it while there are only few sensors on the smart 2(like light , accelerometer & proximity)

If you feel the battery is not enough for you get a power bank.
I suggest Oraimo

2 Likes

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by matoseyems(m): 8:26am On Mar 01, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Aliexpress or Gearbest..... Tẹll seller to declare $18 Phone Accessory.........

PLZ what does the $18 phone accessories declaration mean when ordering the phone,

I want to get one as well

Thanks
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mustack: 8:29am On Mar 01, 2019
matoseyems:

PLZ what does the $18 phone accessories declaration mean when ordering the phone,

I want to get one as well

Thanks
It means it will allow customs not to charge you on the arrival of your parcel
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by matoseyems(m): 8:33am On Mar 01, 2019
Mustack:

It means it will allow customs not to charge you on the arrival of your parcel

Thank you for your explanation, but will the $18 extra charge to be paid
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by benefitzte: 9:16am On Mar 01, 2019
Toluene15:
Those comparing the Umidigi A3 battery with that of Tecno and infinix of the same battery power should take note
For example: The infinix smart 2 with the A3

It cost 33k while the Umidigi A3 is 29k

They are both around 3000mAh

Both uses the mediatek mt6739 (but the smart 2 uses a lower version which is 32bits while the A3 uses the Normal version which is 64bits)
The A3 has dual 4G band + dual WiFi band while you only get single 4G & WiFi band on the smart 2

I have also compared the Sensors on both devices.The Umidigi A3 has a lot of sensors running on it while there are only few sensors on the smart 2(like light , accelerometer & proximity)

If you feel the battery is not enough for you get a power bank.
I suggest Oraimo
It's good u are suggesting a power bank, a while ago some of u guys on this thread were calling other brands with good ba3 'power bank'.
I bought dis A3 pro bcuz of my luv for trying out new things, I have known lexusgs430 in car talk section for a while now and for him to be supporting an unpopular brand like umidigi I opted to try a less expensive one like A3 pro, if mizik can remember he tried assisting me in buying Umidigi one from one guy in Abuja but we couldn't close d deal bcuz of d guys schedule and my impatience, when I want something I go for it immediately probably from my training background. The manufacturer should know better by assembling a phone with 'too many' sensors(according by you) with a good ba3. MY UMIDIGI A3 PRO BA3 SUCKS! And if u don't have a solution or at least a workable suggestion pls allow ppl express their hands-on experience. With all this said it doesn't mean I may not go for a higher umidigi phone with time, let me just receive d unpopular brand I ordered 1st.

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 9:18am On Mar 01, 2019
benefitzte:

I heard that newer productions of the Umidigi A3 series, now has band 28........

So possibly battery patch is required. Send me build number, so I can notify Umidigi.............
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 9:22am On Mar 01, 2019
benefitzte:

It's good u are suggesting a power bank, a while ago some of u guys on this thread were calling other brands with good ba3 'power bank'.
I bought dis A3 pro bcuz of my luv for trying out new things, I have known lexusgs430 in car talk section for a while now and for him to be supporting an unpopular brand like umidigi I opted to try a less expensive one like A3 pro, if mizik can remember he tried assisting me in buying Umidigi one from one guy in Abuja but we couldn't close d deal bcuz of d guys schedule and my impatience, when I want something I go for it immediately probably from my training background. The manufacturer should know better by assembling a phone with 'too many' sensors(according by you) with a good ba3. MY UMIDIGI A3 PRO BA3 SUCKS! And if u don't have a solution or at least a workable suggestion pls allow ppl express their hands-on experience. With all this said it doesn't mean I may not go for a higher umidigi phone with time, let me just receive d unpopular brand I ordered 1st.

Oga send me build number, so a patch can be sorted......
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 9:25am On Mar 01, 2019
benefitzte:

Thank you for the trust in believing in the brand...... I know you would send positive feedbacks, once this battery issue is sorted.............
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 9:31am On Mar 01, 2019
realceeg:
guys using a3 , pls hw true or false is this b3 issue..mek una tell us o

We are discussing the matter already nah..... I do not have issues with my battery....

A patch would easily sort it out.........
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by dahgifted(m): 9:44am On Mar 01, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Install no root firewall.......
have also installed it how will i hibernate the apps from here
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by sheggsliveth: 9:45am On Mar 01, 2019
Lexusgs430:

We are discussing the matter already nah..... I do not have issues with my battery....

A patch would easily sort it out.........

Can't upload pic on nairaland, I wanna upload my battery usage maybe it my network or what?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 01, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Install no root firewall.......

Oga Lexus is there any way to keep this app running at all times. It goes off automatically after sometime
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mizik(m): 10:12am On Mar 01, 2019
Mazi1:

Oga Lexus is there any way to keep this app running at all times. It goes off automatically after sometime
which app?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Toluene15: 10:14am On Mar 01, 2019
This is my battery since after full charge
Been listening to music and browsing

If you want to stop background running apps download Greenify app

It's works for both Rooted and non Rooted device

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by PodestaNG(m): 10:18am On Mar 01, 2019
On this battery issue, production date matters with must of this Chinese brands. A minor update might have been sent out to correct the excessive drain on older units. Somebody buying from ALI might have a different experience to somebody buying from Jumia. Jumia might stock theirs 4 or 6 months ago , while the ALI ones would be direct from factory a month ago coming delivered with all patches and updates done at the factory. First instal all updates and see .
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mizik(m): 10:46am On Mar 01, 2019
One thing I'm Honestly tired of, is saying and explaining the same thing over and over again...
I remember that in the past i posted my battery sot of the A3 so many times...so many. And i was constantly getting around 5 - 6 hours of sot. Henry007 even got 7 hours on his A3 . And that is for the A3. As for the A3 pro i noticed the battery isn't as strong as the A3. And that is what i noticed...

There's a phone that was just released this week. It comes with an 18000 mah battery shocked with Midrange specs. But the price is $600. Which can get you a 2019 flagship phone with 3000mah or so...
So..... In my opinion I'll rather get a phone with better overall specs with a small power bank or get an underperforming phone that can last all day....

Still on still. I hope Umidigi releases an update to improve the battery of the A3 pro....

2 Likes

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by benefitzte: 10:47am On Mar 01, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Oga send me build number, so a patch can be sorted......

Done

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mizik(m): 11:05am On Mar 01, 2019
I'm back to my original and beautiful wallpaper grin.
The auto wallpaper stuff is draining my battery a bit.
If you guys get the A3 or A3 pro. I'll advice you change the display size to small. Cos it makes it look more attractive cheesy

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 01, 2019
Mizik:
which app?

No root firewall
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mizik(m): 11:14am On Mar 01, 2019
Mazi1:

No root firewall
Abeg what is it for
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 01, 2019
Mizik:
Abeg what is it for

It's a firewall for monitoring the use of data by apps

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (2177) (Reply)

Best Games To Download For Your Android Device / The Xiaomi Thread.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.