Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

If Only We Would Mature Up A Little--hailing hailers & wailing wailers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Only We Would Mature Up A Little--hailing hailers & wailing wailers (478 Views)

Statistics: Stupidity Of Imam Of Peace Of Iran And Nigeria Hailers / The Wailing Wailers Collection / Dolapo Osinbajo Visits The Wailing Wall Jerusalem And Garden Of Gethsamane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Only We Would Mature Up A Little--hailing hailers & wailing wailers by economia: 11:11pm On Apr 01, 2017
To both of us - the wailing wailers and the hailing hailers. If only we could grow up a little; mature up a little, Nigeria would have been better up. If only we could outgrow the hero worship and the hero bashing. Stop the personality clashes and concentrate on issues, legalities, processes and procedures, we would have taken Nigeria to greater heights.
An incident came to mind. When the news broke out that prophet Muhammad died, alot of his deciples were confused. With some of them asking: "How could such a man died?" It was Abubakar, the prophet's closest friend, who stood up and saved the situation. He addressed them: "For those of you who worship Muhammad, know that Muhammad has died. But for those of you who worship Allah, know that Allah is alive and will never die." That reminded them that the message is greater than the messenger.
To the hailing hailers, is it not shameful that Buhari is the only person of integrity we can put forward out of millions of other Nigerians among us? Who is Buhari? To an average person, Buhari is a symbol of truth, honesty, and integrity. Why can't each and everyone of us be another Buhari? What happens if Buhari dies tomorrow?
The unnecessary self- damaging fights will never stop so long we continue in this way. The wailing wailers, who knows pretty well that Buhari is human and, thus, not perfect, will continue to highlight Buharis imperfections so long the hailing hailers continue to project him as perfect.
If love blinds us to the mistakes of our loved ones and hate blinds us to the goodness of our opponents, then how are we different?
"To be truely free, we must learn, as a people, to cherish the ideals of freedom justice and the rule of law. And resolve to defend them at the slightest abuse". And that abuse should be resisted by all of us and from whoever it comes.
God bless our country.
Re: If Only We Would Mature Up A Little--hailing hailers & wailing wailers by Cekpo34(m): 11:19pm On Apr 01, 2017
Who is Buhari? To an average person, Buhari is a symbol of truth, honesty, and integrity.

Well, I'm not an average person so Buhari is actually a contrast to the above listed qualities
Re: If Only We Would Mature Up A Little--hailing hailers & wailing wailers by economia: 11:22pm On Apr 01, 2017
Cekpo34:

Well, I'm not an average person so Buhari is actually a contrast to the above listed qualities
The unnecessary self- damaging fights will never stop so long we continue in this way. The wailing wailers...
Re: If Only We Would Mature Up A Little--hailing hailers & wailing wailers by Cekpo34(m): 11:27pm On Apr 01, 2017
economia:

The unnecessary self- damaging fights will never stop so long we continue in this way. The wailing wailers...

I'm telling you the obvious. Or do you need facts to backup my assertions? Btw, what's your definition of wailing?
Re: If Only We Would Mature Up A Little--hailing hailers & wailing wailers by economia: 11:44pm On Apr 01, 2017
The wailing wailers, who knows pretty well that Buhari is human and, thus, not perfect, will continue to highlight Buharis imperfections so long the hailing hailers continue to project him as perfect.
Cekpo34:

I'm telling you the obvious. Or do you need facts to backup my assertions? Btw, what's your definition of wailing?
Re: If Only We Would Mature Up A Little--hailing hailers & wailing wailers by Cekpo34(m): 11:51pm On Apr 01, 2017
economia:
The wailing wailers, who knows pretty well that Buhari is human and, thus, not perfect, will continue to highlight Buharis imperfections so long the hailing hailers continue to project him as perfect.

You should castigate the hailers who give him false sense of ego and achievement than target people who constructively point out the deleterious moves of his regime to keep him on toes. If reminding Buhari of his phantom campaign promises makes me a wailer, then I'm in!

(1) (Reply)

I Miss Mrs Goodluck Jonathan_ Former First Lady / 2019 Gov Election : Uduaghan, Manager, Others Endorse Okowa For Second Term / 2015 Poll: How Patience Jonathan Aided Buhari’s Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.