Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Is Playing Nairabet, Bet9ja Etc, A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Playing Nairabet, Bet9ja Etc, A Sin? (8839 Views)

MKO Tibetan: Funke Felix-Adejumo Is Playing With Sudden Death Over Dollar Seeds / Believing In The Christian God Is Like Playing Nairabet / Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Playing Nairabet, Bet9ja Etc, A Sin? by MuyiRano(m): 6:58am On Apr 02, 2017
This question has been bothering me for a long time now. And to all the good christians in the house please i need a good explanation on this.
Happy sunday
Re: Is Playing Nairabet, Bet9ja Etc, A Sin? by Nobody: 7:01am On Apr 02, 2017
Risking one thing to get another thing is not a sin.
Re: Is Playing Nairabet, Bet9ja Etc, A Sin? by eezeribe(m): 7:11am On Apr 02, 2017
Op,if you don't know what the Bible teaches about gambling,it means you don't study the Bible,or you really did poorly in Christian religious studies at both primary and secondary school levels,or maybe you are among the ones that study the scriptures from pamphlets,or those who depend on only what their pastor preaches as sin or Non sin.
Re: Is Playing Nairabet, Bet9ja Etc, A Sin? by princeSammyz: 7:19am On Apr 02, 2017
It depends on how U define sin... Who is hurt when U play? That's my own guiding question to defining sin. If no one, then no sin! Shekena.
Re: Is Playing Nairabet, Bet9ja Etc, A Sin? by Freethought(m): 7:42am On Apr 02, 2017
MuyiRano:
This question has been bothering me for a long time now. And to all the good christians in the house please i need a good explanation on this.
Happy sunday

Well, specifically, the bible say nothing about gambling. But as xtians, God frowns at love of money and getting rich quick (Hebrew 13:5, Prov 13:11).

And if yu look at it very well, gambling is focused on the love of money and tempts people with the promise of getting. Rich quick
Re: Is Playing Nairabet, Bet9ja Etc, A Sin? by Freethought(m): 7:44am On Apr 02, 2017
eezeribe:
Op,if you don't know what the Bible teaches about gambling,it means you don't study the Bible,or you really did poorly in Christian religious studies at both primary and secondary school levels,or maybe you are among the ones that study the scriptures from pamphlets,or those who depend on only what their pastor preaches as sin or Non sin.

The bible does not talk about gambling at all, not even in a single verse
Re: Is Playing Nairabet, Bet9ja Etc, A Sin? by teemanbastos(m): 7:53am On Apr 02, 2017
Game predictions is as hard as any other job and it is not a 'get rich scheme'. The only disadvantage might be that consistent losses without a major win might lead to other sins. The same way money is not sin but the love of money.

Most sins are not sins but addiction to them is , the Bible labelled 'drunkenness' as sin and not 'drinking of alcohol. Same as money... The love of money can push one into big sins which man might not be able to handle.

Many have simply been pushed into sins because of their love for game betting. It is not the activity but the aftermath. The same way spending your money is right but doing the same to that of others is fraud., the money is not the problem but the motive

1 Like

Re: Is Playing Nairabet, Bet9ja Etc, A Sin? by ideatoprince18(m): 8:17am On Apr 02, 2017
Freethought:

Well, specifically, the bible say nothing about gambling. But as xtians, God frowns at love of money and getting rich quick (Hebrew 13:5, Prov 13:11).

And if yu look at it very well, gambling is focused on the love of money and tempts people with the promise of getting. Rich quick
...... So if i see a work that pays 10,000 per hour ....... I should not work because d bible frowns at getting rich quick.
Re: Is Playing Nairabet, Bet9ja Etc, A Sin? by Freethought(m): 8:22am On Apr 02, 2017
ideatoprince18:
...... So if i see a work that pays 10,000 per hour ....... I should not work because d bible frowns at getting rich quick.

Mayb you shld give me a name of someone who has or is still working a job of 10k per hour
Re: Is Playing Nairabet, Bet9ja Etc, A Sin? by zionmade(m): 8:31am On Apr 02, 2017
Freethought:

Mayb you shld give me a name of someone who has or is still working a job of 10k per hour
Bros a footballer earns more dan dat.
Nairabet or naijabet is not a sin but it is not decent. It rules ur emotion and if u re not careful it can make ur faith in God to stagger. So d aftermath effect of betting can be a sin but betting on its own is not a sin

1 Like

Re: Is Playing Nairabet, Bet9ja Etc, A Sin? by Freethought(m): 9:33am On Apr 02, 2017
zionmade:

Bros a footballer earns more dan dat.
Nairabet or naijabet is not a sin but it is not decent. It rules ur emotion and if u re not careful it can make ur faith in God to stagger. So d aftermath effect of betting can be a sin but betting on its own is not a sin

I suppose yu don't knwd meaning of get rich quick
Re: Is Playing Nairabet, Bet9ja Etc, A Sin? by zionmade(m): 10:31am On Apr 02, 2017
Freethought:

I suppose yu don't knwd meaning of get rich quick
There is no grammar like get rich quick. It was coined by lazy persons who dnt know how to get out poverty. It can take a minute of unexpected event for someone to get rich, wen u want to talk about illegal means of income its wrong to generalize it as get rich quick
Re: Is Playing Nairabet, Bet9ja Etc, A Sin? by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 02, 2017
Every act is sinful according to the bible

The end lipsrsealed
Re: Is Playing Nairabet, Bet9ja Etc, A Sin? by ideatoprince18(m): 11:53am On Apr 02, 2017
Freethought:

...... ur Nigerian senators
Re: Is Playing Nairabet, Bet9ja Etc, A Sin? by MuyiRano(m): 12:59pm On Apr 02, 2017
cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Is Playing Nairabet, Bet9ja Etc, A Sin? by captain247: 1:16pm On Apr 02, 2017
Is there anyone mentioned in the bible who is a servant of God engaged in such practice? If no then it's not of God but of the world and the scripture says in Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

(1) (Reply)

Be Established In God's Righteousness - Joseph Prince / Miracle Pastors - All Their Tricks Exposed - Channel 4 - UK / I'm A New Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.