Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

NNPC Supports The Legalisation Of Illegal Refineries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Supports The Legalisation Of Illegal Refineries (739 Views)

El-Rufai Says He Fully Supports The Closure Of Nigerian Land Borders / Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency / Military Destroys Illegal Refineries In Okrika, Rivers State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Supports The Legalisation Of Illegal Refineries by tk4rd: 7:10am On Apr 02, 2017
Good News At Last...
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has defended the Federal Government’s plan to transform illegal refineries in the Niger Delta into legal entities for proper integration of the youths in the region.
The Group Managing Director, NNPC, Dr Maikanti Baru, argued that getting the youths to form consortia to set up 1,000 barrels per day modular refineries would get them off criminality and create jobs.
An illegal refinery is made up of smaller and mobile parts (skid-mounted) – that are more easily fabricated, and can be more quickly transported to site. They are scattered all over some Niger Delta swamp.
Their activities had resulted to crude oil loses to the Federal Government as the illegal refineries most often rely on stolen crude oil for operations.To bring lasting solution to the unrest in the Niger Delta, the Federal Government decided to recognise illegal and local refineries that dotted the Niger Delta and have them transformed into modular refineries.....
... http://www.guardian.ng/business-services/nnpc-defends-governments-stance-on-illegal-refineries/
This is good news..
A very good motive.....
But I have my own questions, based on logistics:
1. How soon would this motive be implemented.??
2. What is that probability that the execution of this motive would be totally free of bribery, corruption, mismanagement of funds and resources, and negligence of duty.??

Re: NNPC Supports The Legalisation Of Illegal Refineries by olaoge(m): 7:13am On Apr 02, 2017
Government of the Cabals, by the Cabals & for the Cabals
Re: NNPC Supports The Legalisation Of Illegal Refineries by tk4rd: 7:14am On Apr 02, 2017
olaoge:
Government of the Cabals, by the Cabals & for the Cabals
Thank God say no be only me dey see am

1 Like

Re: NNPC Supports The Legalisation Of Illegal Refineries by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 7:57am On Apr 02, 2017
Billions of naira will be earmarked for the transformation. Youths will still NOT be employed. Is it not Nigeria again? Nothing wee come out.
Re: NNPC Supports The Legalisation Of Illegal Refineries by smartty68(m): 8:28am On Apr 02, 2017
I'm in support of this. Nice
Re: NNPC Supports The Legalisation Of Illegal Refineries by smartty68(m): 8:30am On Apr 02, 2017
PiccoloBrunelli:
Billions of naira will be earmarked for the transformation. Youths will still NOT be employed. Is it not Nigeria again? Nothing wee come out.
Hmm! Maybe you still don't know who Niger Deltans are. If you do you won't be saying that
Re: NNPC Supports The Legalisation Of Illegal Refineries by babyfaceafrica: 10:24am On Apr 02, 2017
Story
Re: NNPC Supports The Legalisation Of Illegal Refineries by tk4rd: 11:48am On Apr 02, 2017
smartty68:

Hmm! Maybe you still don't know who Niger Deltans are. If you do you won't be saying that
But he is stating the obvious..
What he stated is just the way Nigeria is.
Re: NNPC Supports The Legalisation Of Illegal Refineries by SoNature(m): 1:50pm On Apr 02, 2017
I am particularly worried about this move because the capital with which to fund the so-called consortia to be able to afford a modular refinery could be a major challenge.

From my findings, those illegal refineries are mere drums filled with stolen crude oil (from IOCs) using the principle of temperature differentials (of fractional distillation) to get a particular distillate (say PMS) while carelessly disposing of unwanted products thereby causing enormous environmental pollution.

If there exists guys who can be licensed to drill their own crude oil, then it's a welcome development but if not FG/NNPC should do something else for them.

Note: these N/Delta guys don't drill to get the crude oil trapped underneath earth surface as they burst pipelines belonging to IOCs and steal their crude oil. So, I wonder how the government plans to integrate them into a legal upstream sector.
Re: NNPC Supports The Legalisation Of Illegal Refineries by tk4rd: 2:16pm On Apr 02, 2017
SoNature:

I am particularly worried about this move because the capital with which to fund the so-called consortia to be able to afford a modular refinery could be a major challenge.

From my findings, those illegal refineries are mere drums filled with stolen crude oil (from IOCs) using the principle of temperature differentials (of fractional distillation) to get a particular distillate (say PMS) while carelessly disposing of unwanted products thereby causing enormous environmental pollution.

If there exists guys who can be licensed to drill their own crude oil, then it's a welcome development but if not FG/NNPC should do something else for them.

Note: these N/Delta guys don't drill to get the crude oil trapped underneath earth surface as they burst pipelines belonging to IOCs and steal their crude oil. So, I wonder how the government plans to integrate them into a legal upstream sector.
Wooww.
I wonder too

(1) (Reply)

Imo Pensioners Drag Okorocha To Court / Goodluck Jonathan Finally Speaks Out About Segun Adeniyi's Book. / Jonathan Shares More Facts How He Was Removed In Power By Obama 2ru Chibok(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.