Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

For Christians, Series 1: Was Jesus' Death Justifiable? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Christians, Series 1: Was Jesus' Death Justifiable? (308 Views)

When Was Jesus Truly Born? / For Christians: How To Be Free From Masturbation, Other Addictions / Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For Christians, Series 1: Was Jesus' Death Justifiable? by UyiIredia(m): 2:13pm On Apr 02, 2017
Let it make it clear that I am not a Christian. I am a deist. Deism is the belief in God without religion. The series is to provoke discussions on concepts many Christians take for granted. Since I doubt Christianity I will be the critic, it doesn't mean I would be cynical. I am not like some atheists or deists that think ALL of the Bible is nonsense.

Here goes.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

It appears noble on first glance but then one thinks, why make people perish if they refuse to believe? Especially when they simply require evidence that is not readily provided. Sure, love demands justice but it also demands empathy and compassion. If it is within God's power to do a miracle that an unbeliever says would make Him believe why not do it?

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

God is omniscient and omnipotent and to save all humanity His comes as Jesus to do miracles, preach die and be resurrected back into heaven while His followers pass on the message. Is this really a good way to save humanity considering that many critics have doubts about the message? Could not there have been at least a plan for contingencies such as atheists are so that they can be convinced too?

Philippians 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Why kill an obedient person to forgive humans of sins they will continue to do? If a human did that would you approve of it. Let's say a judge sentenced an innocent man to death so that anyone who professes faith in the man would not be put to death, will you approve?

Colossians 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Humans do not use blood to appease. We use gifts, appeasing words and actions, and blood as such to God is strange. God being God shouldn't need gifts. If it is for us it is still strange. Why do that? One is literally roasting animals we cannot eat or sacrificing things to be unused save in few exceptions.

In conclusion, Christ's death lost significance for me the moment I decided that killing someone to forgive people for sins they will still commit is absurd. If you want to forgive just do so as any reasonable person should. If you want to make forgiveness conditional, make the conditions reasonable, something that would require responsibility on the part of the forgiven person. Shedding blood is totally needless for that.

4 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (Reply)

How To Gain Full Concentration On Your SALLAH / God’s Work Or Guess Work? Spirituality In Primate Ayodele’s Prophecies Faulted / Correctly Handling The Word

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.