Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Economic Situation Led Me Into Crime, Says Pickpocket Suspect - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Economic Situation Led Me Into Crime, Says Pickpocket Suspect (387 Views)

Pickpocket Steals Officers Money During Interrogation (Photo) / Evans: "Mum Knows I'm Into Crime; I Stabbed My Fiancee For Refusing To Marry Me" / Lagos Police Use CCTV To Arrest Notorious Pickpocket In Oshodi (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Economic Situation Led Me Into Crime, Says Pickpocket Suspect by kelvee(m): 7:26pm On Apr 02, 2017
A popularly pickpocket suspect known as ‘Dayo Skippo’ has been arrested by the operatives of Rapid Response Squad, (RRS) of Lagos State Police Command. The suspect who claimed to be an expert in stealing was arrested at Ikeja-Under-Bridge He confessed to RRS decoy team in an interrogation that the current economic situation led him into the crime. The suspect, a secondary school drop-out further explained that all he needs to do is to have the slightest physical contact with his victim and their valuables are gone. “I can use my head to remove anything from your body. I will just pretend as if I know you somewhere and in the process of giving you salutations, your item is gone”, he said. He also confessed that he doesn’t perpetrate the theft alone but works with some members of his group just in case the victim becomes suspicious, they would quickly swing into action. One of his victims who narrated his encounter with the suspect, said “I went to Ikeja Computer Village to see a friend of mine, after seeing him on my way to the bus park I just saw someone hugged me from behind and later apologized to me when I told him I didn’t know him; before I could look around again, I discovered my phone was gone already and the guy was nowhere to be found.” “I went back to my friend shop almost immediately to track my iPhone and the location I saw was that my phone was already in Lagos Island”. The victim added. The suspect however appealed during the interrogation to be given a second chance to turn a new leaf swearing that he will never go back to the act. Confirming the incident, the Police PPRO, ASP Olarinde Famous Cole, said that there would be no hiding place for criminals in Lagos State adding that officers of the command are at alert to nip crime in the bud. The suspect have been transferred to the SCID, Panti for further investigations.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/economic-situation-led-crime-says-pickpocket-suspect/

Re: Economic Situation Led Me Into Crime, Says Pickpocket Suspect by youngest85(m): 7:27pm On Apr 02, 2017
E
Re: Economic Situation Led Me Into Crime, Says Pickpocket Suspect by LionDeLeo: 7:31pm On Apr 02, 2017
That's the trend, blame it on economy. After all, even the greedy drug smugglers are already attributing such greediness to economy.

1 Like

Re: Economic Situation Led Me Into Crime, Says Pickpocket Suspect by umarshehu58(m): 7:32pm On Apr 02, 2017
Blame games on poor Nigeria economy
Re: Economic Situation Led Me Into Crime, Says Pickpocket Suspect by rusher14: 7:36pm On Apr 02, 2017
Even those that have been stealing from the womb would blame their inheritance on the economic situation.

(1) (Reply)

FULL STORY: Herbalist Collects N400k, And Killed Client / IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kalu Leaves Kuje Prison After Two Years / Man Stabs His 18-year-old Lover To Death In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.