Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) (2616 Views)

A Farmer Killed Huge Python In His Farm In Rivers State (Photos) / Woman Shows Off The Big Cassava She Harvested (Photos) / A Nigerian Farmer Displays His Harvested Cassava From His Farm, Hails Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by isholafisayo(m): 9:13pm On Apr 02, 2017
A Nairalander harvested his cassava(TME 419 ) on two acres of land to make garri,The pictures below shows the steps carried out to make the garri from the harvest period to the end.

Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by Young03(m): 9:17pm On Apr 02, 2017
Oh nairaland don suffer
even if person dey shiit e go turn news u won make fp well i grew up in da villa so i dey harvest even cocoyam bt never post am here
mara ife biko

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by isholafisayo(m): 9:21pm On Apr 02, 2017
Now, the processing aspect

Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by ekensi01: 9:22pm On Apr 02, 2017
cheesy waytin concern casava garri with us? ok bring am come my place.
Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by isholafisayo(m): 9:22pm On Apr 02, 2017
more pictures

Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by isholafisayo(m): 9:24pm On Apr 02, 2017
Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by isholafisayo(m): 9:28pm On Apr 02, 2017
Finally gaari is done

Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by isholafisayo(m): 9:30pm On Apr 02, 2017

Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by iHart(m): 9:47pm On Apr 02, 2017
Is it for sale? You don hammer oh, lol. Make i go farm oh come join you hammer... lol
Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 02, 2017
No more famine...

hehehehehe.. mtcheeeew!
Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 02, 2017
No more famine...

hehehehehe.. mtcheeeew!
Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by cassidy1996(m): 10:37pm On Apr 02, 2017
so you put your legs inside...........

Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by isholafisayo(m): 11:47pm On Apr 02, 2017
The guy working there has been washed clean before entering in there cos the work can't be done outside there....
Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by stagger: 12:10am On Apr 03, 2017
Why in the world is that fellow standing in there? This is our problem. Why can't we adopt techniques that will ensure minimum contamination?

Couldn't you get him to wear clean socks at least? WTF!
Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by Pavore9: 8:11am On Apr 03, 2017
isholafisayo:
The guy working there has been washed clean before entering in there cos the work can't be done outside there....

Even if the guy washed up with Dettol, those clothing and bare feet are a no-no as they violate quality control. Personally, I can't​ feel comfortable buying garri produced under such condition. Deep down you know that can not pass NAFDAC scrutiny, consider the health of the consumers.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by lanre2009: 6:37pm On Apr 03, 2017
I totally agree with you..

Pavore9:

Even if the guy washed up with Dettol, those clothing and bare feet are a no-no as they violate quality control. Personally, I can't​ feel comfortable buying garri produced under such condition. Deep down you know that can not pass NAFDAC scrutiny, consider the health of the consumers.

Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by fm7070: 7:37pm On Apr 03, 2017
Young03:
Oh nairaland don suffer

even if person dey shiit e go turn news
u won make fp
well i grew up in da villa so i dey harvest even cocoyam bt never post am here

mara ife biko

We are here to learn and share experience

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by fm7070: 7:44pm On Apr 03, 2017
isholafisayo:

What kind of presser did you used?
What is the advantage/disadvantage of using TME419 for making garri?
Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by mikkycoins(m): 8:22pm On Apr 03, 2017
How long does it takes to harvest the TME 419 specie of cassava?
Heard is up to 6 months
Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by kingralph(m): 8:49pm On Apr 03, 2017
mikkycoins:
Heard is up to 6 months

This is thesame question I have been seeking answers to
Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by isholafisayo(m): 9:42pm On Apr 03, 2017
fm7070:

What kind of presser did you used?
What is the advantage/disadvantage of using TME419 for making garri?
The TME419 is mostly planted by farmers now a days because It gives higher starch contents,it gives higher yield in tonnes of output, it can produce up to 20 -40 tonnes per hectare depending on how it's been taken care of
The big market requirements is cassava with higher starch contents while the small markets is the cassava wiith lower starch contents cost most companies that buys cassava prefer to go for cassava with higher starch contents

For now I can't really figure out the disadvantages because the advantages has supersede it all and its the variety most farmers are going for because of the advantages stated above
Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by isholafisayo(m): 9:53pm On Apr 03, 2017
mikkycoins:
Heard is up to 6 months

Normally it's about 6-14months but it all depends on the farmer, how you want it to yiled, the way it's been planted also determine how it will yield
But the one we harvested was 12months
Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by jackomagnus(m): 7:17am On Apr 14, 2017
Mr Ishola, pls could I get your phone number? Or whatsapp number.
Thanks.
Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by olaolaking: 9:31pm On Apr 19, 2017
isholafisayo:

Normally it's about 6-14months but it all depends on the farmer, how you want it to yiled, the way it's been planted also determine how it will yield
But the one we harvested was 12months
Can you sell a bag to me? Where is your location? Do you know where I can buy in quantity?
Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by Moyinoluwagold(m): 9:51pm On Apr 19, 2017
olaolaking:
Can you sell a bag to me? Where is your location? Do you know where I can buy in quantity?
Like how many bags and your location.
Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by isholafisayo(m): 10:04pm On Apr 19, 2017
olaolaking:
so sorry,actually presently it's finished ,it finished that same week it was processed despite it was much
Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by olaolaking: 10:49pm On Apr 19, 2017
Moyinoluwagold:

Like how many bags and your location.
I am in Lagos. Give me quotation
Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by ACDONCHRIS: 12:32am On Apr 20, 2017
Pls help me answer the following questions:
1. How many acres or hectares of cassava did you plant?
2. After harvest, did you measure to know how many tonnes of Fresh Cassava Tubers (FCT) each acre or harvest produced for you?
3. How many tonnes of Garri did you get from all of that eventually?
4. How many 50kg bags of Garri did you get from it eventually?
5. How much is the current price of a 50kg bag of Garri in the market?
Thanks.
isholafisayo:

so sorry,actually presently it's finished ,it finished that same week it was processed despite it was much

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by Bolasola(m): 1:29pm On Jun 30, 2017
Please how can I get the stem of about 200? I'm in Ogbomoso Oyo state. 08032515424
Re: A Nairalander Harvested His Cassava On His Farm Land To Make Garri(pics) by damoceile: 11:27am On Jul 16, 2020
isholafisayo:

Hello sir how did it cost you to set up that garri fryer??

(1) (Reply)

Dream Comes True For Young Farmer / How To Prepare Grilled Rabbit Barbecue: Goodbye To Suya! / Ugu Seeds, Ugu Seedlings, Ugu Pod.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.