Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Olanrewaju Dismisses Bamaiyi As ‘ambitious Soldier’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olanrewaju Dismisses Bamaiyi As ‘ambitious Soldier’ (885 Views)

Magu Vs Malami: A Drunkard That Got Married To A Prostitute By Buhari Olanrewaju / Bamaiyi: How NADECO Leaders Betrayed Abiola / Ishaya Bamaiyi: "Nothing Like Abacha Loot, It Is A Media Creation" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olanrewaju Dismisses Bamaiyi As ‘ambitious Soldier’ by akinszz: 6:40am On Apr 03, 2017
Former Minister of Communications Major-General Tajudeen Olanrewaju (retd.) yesterday said the former Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-General Ishaya Bamaiyi, misplaced facts in his book, “Vindication of a General”.
Chiding the former Army chief for “peddling falsehood”, he said the book failed to give a proper account of the 1995 and 1997 attempted coups.

Olanrewaju, who is also a former General Officer Commanding (GOC) the army’s 3 Division, Jos, said in a statement in Lagos that Bamaiyi’s book twisted the facts of history.

The former Minister, who was tried and sentenced to death by the military tribunal for his alleged involvement in the coup, maintained that he was framed up.

He said: “The point to note is that students of history must know what transpired in the 1995 and 1997 coup saga for posterity sake as against the misplacement of facts contained in the excerpts reported from the Bamaiyi’s new book.

“Ironically, the new book can open the eyes of all Nigerians to see the footprint of an ambitious soldier that Bamaiyi epitomises as detailed in every account of the power play, which appears unfavourable to him, but favourable to both General Abdulsalami Abubakar as Abacha’s successor and General Olusegun Obasanjo as 1999 civilian president. He lost out in the power play.”
Olanrewaju added: “There are two main issues I want to correct.

The first was the arrest of Gwadabe. In his book, Bamaiyi stated that General Olanrewaju briefed the meeting called by the then Chief of Army Staff, General Alwali Kazir (retd.), which was factually incorrect. What is correct is that the only person who briefed the meeting was the DMI (Directorate of Military Intelligence), General Sarki Mukthar, whose duty it was to brief the meeting about security situation in the country.

“Following this, I was instructed by the meeting to facilitate the arrest of Gwadabe, whose brigade in Yola was under my command, while other commanders were similarly instructed to effect the arrests of others under their own commands. The instruction to arrest Colonel Bello Fadile was also given in the meeting. Fortunately, General Kazir and General Mukthar are alive today to testify to the truth of this matter.

“The second issue to be cleared is the 1997 Diya’s coup.”
In his book, Bamaiyi claimed that “other meetings took place at a guest house with Gen. Diya, Gen. Olanrewaju, CO 7 Gds Bn, Gen. Diya’s security officer, Major Fadipe and me. Of course, General Abacha was always briefed after the meetings.”

But, Olanrewaju denied any participation at the meeting, adding: “The said CO 7 Gds Bn and Major Fadipe, if called upon, will testify to the truth.I met Ishaya on two occasions; he met me in my house and I met him in his house, both times in Abuja.

“For avoidance of doubt and for students of history, the first time I heard about the Diya’s coup was when Bamaiyi told me and Aziza confirmed it.This is how my name was dragged into the coup and it has affected my distinguished career in the Army.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/olanrewaju-dismisses-bamaiyi-ambitious-soldier/

1 Like

Re: Olanrewaju Dismisses Bamaiyi As ‘ambitious Soldier’ by Buharimustgo: 7:06am On Apr 03, 2017
Na una sabi,when you guys were collectively plundering the resources for all Nigerians nobody heard ur voices,its now time to apportion blame you want to be counted out.

3 Likes

Re: Olanrewaju Dismisses Bamaiyi As ‘ambitious Soldier’ by yjgm(m): 7:12am On Apr 03, 2017
Power play even after the game don end. Nawa.
Re: Olanrewaju Dismisses Bamaiyi As ‘ambitious Soldier’ by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 03, 2017
Ok
Re: Olanrewaju Dismisses Bamaiyi As ‘ambitious Soldier’ by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 7:20am On Apr 03, 2017
grin Cowards!
Re: Olanrewaju Dismisses Bamaiyi As ‘ambitious Soldier’ by mightyhaze: 7:29am On Apr 03, 2017
Fvck dem all! Destroyers of the country!
Re: Olanrewaju Dismisses Bamaiyi As ‘ambitious Soldier’ by DozieInc(m): 7:31am On Apr 03, 2017
Abegi, who is dragging his "distinguished" career in the mud
Re: Olanrewaju Dismisses Bamaiyi As ‘ambitious Soldier’ by Ahmadgani(m): 7:34am On Apr 03, 2017
When a hawk accused another hawk
Re: Olanrewaju Dismisses Bamaiyi As ‘ambitious Soldier’ by orisa37: 7:59am On Apr 03, 2017
Thanks for this correction. You have settled with your adversaries. God will count you among the Saints IJN AMEN.
Re: Olanrewaju Dismisses Bamaiyi As ‘ambitious Soldier’ by orisa37: 8:05am On Apr 03, 2017
Buharimustgo:
Na una sabi,when you guys were collectively plundering the resources for all Nigerians nobody heard ur voices,its now time to apportion blame you want to be counted out.

Abacha will rot in Hell IJN AMEN.
Re: Olanrewaju Dismisses Bamaiyi As ‘ambitious Soldier’ by orisa37: 8:09am On Apr 03, 2017
yjgm:
Power play even after the game don end. Nawa.

Fulani Herdsmen are falsifying Records.
Re: Olanrewaju Dismisses Bamaiyi As ‘ambitious Soldier’ by orisa37: 8:15am On Apr 03, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
grin Cowards!

But Bamaiyi can't shoot straight
Re: Olanrewaju Dismisses Bamaiyi As ‘ambitious Soldier’ by orisa37: 8:33am On Apr 03, 2017
mightyhaze:
Fvck dem all! Destroyers of the country!

This is The Difference. Gowon, Obasanjo, Babangida and Abdulsalami gave Nigeria 36 autonomous states.
Chief Richard Akinjide used the state structures brilliantly to defend Shagari, though the States are yet to be fully autonomous.
What has been the Contributions of Abacha, Bamaiyi etcetera to this Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Olanrewaju Dismisses Bamaiyi As ‘ambitious Soldier’ by orisa37: 8:45am On Apr 03, 2017
This sorts of mischief won't happen in Nigeria ever, particularly now that we have very brilliant Legislators , who know their left from their right, in the Saddle.
Re: Olanrewaju Dismisses Bamaiyi As ‘ambitious Soldier’ by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:47am On Apr 03, 2017
Nonsense.. I keep seeing General this, former minister that, Chief of Army Staff, Director of Military Intelligence etc.. I'm very sure these positions and ranks came with fat paychecks and privileges. I'm very sure their kids are in privileged positions within and outside Nigeria, they are all friends courtesy of papa know papa... I am very sure that these men own lots of properties within and outside Nigeria.

They want me to take side? Me? No Way! They should buy Data for their kids and Aides to fight for them on Social media...

Thunder fire all of them
Re: Olanrewaju Dismisses Bamaiyi As ‘ambitious Soldier’ by haffaze777(m): 8:58am On Apr 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Nonsense.. I keep seeing General this, former minister that, Chief of Army Staff, Director of Military Intelligence etc.. I'm very sure these positions and ranks came with fat paychecks and privileges. I'm very sure their kids are in privileged positions within and outside Nigeria, they are all friends courtesy of papa know papa... I am very sure that these men own lots of properties within and outside Nigeria.

They want me to take side? Me? No Way! They should buy Data for their kids and Aides to fight for them on Social media...

Thunder fire all of them

nice one brother.@bold,how I wish everyone one could think like this

(1) (Reply)

Why Sanusi Is Retarded / Nigeria Cannot Afford To Break Up -Kogi Speaker / Why IMO Remains The Highest In JAMB Applications -okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.