Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Why IMO Remains The Highest In JAMB Applications -okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why IMO Remains The Highest In JAMB Applications -okorocha (881 Views)

Supreme Court: Why Imo People Are Confident Ihedioha Will Be Restored / Why Imo Case Is Different From Bayelsa, Ihedioha To Supreme Court / See Ihedioha’s 8 Months REPORT CARD & Why Imo People Are Crying After His Remova (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why IMO Remains The Highest In JAMB Applications -okorocha by cascarino(m): 7:03am On May 11, 2017
Owerri—Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, yesterday, said the state was able to maintain its record as a state with the highest Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, applications due to his free education programme.
Okorocha stated this while reacting to a statement credited to the Registrar of JAMB, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, that Imo State has again topped the JAMB applications this year with 101,868 applications of the total of 1.7 million applications.
According to a release issued to newsmen in Owerri by Okorocha’s Chief Press Secretary, Mr Sam Onwuemeodo, “the Rescue Mission Government in the state with Governor Rochas Okorocha on the driver’s seat, has acknowledged the report credited to the Registrar of JAMB, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede that Imo State has again topped the JAMB applications this year (2017) with 101,868 applications out of the total of 1.7million applications.
“Prof. Oloyede had said at a press briefing in Abuja, Tuesday that Osun State came second with 88,653 applications, while Oyo State came third with 87,811 applications.
“This beautiful development would make it the sixth time since 2012 that Imo would come first in JAMB applications.
“The enviable records did not come by happenstance. They are all products of the free education programme in the state which occasioned the astronomical increase of the school enrolment in the state from 280,000 in 2011 to more than 800,000 at the moment. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/imo-remains-highest-jamb-applications-okorocha/

Re: Why IMO Remains The Highest In JAMB Applications -okorocha by Nobody: 7:12am On May 11, 2017
Liepods are just very foolish they hate this man
Re: Why IMO Remains The Highest In JAMB Applications -okorocha by simplyhonest(m): 7:21am On May 11, 2017
this is commendable... provided it is not due to the high rate of failure annually that makes the candidates to re-register

2 Likes

Re: Why IMO Remains The Highest In JAMB Applications -okorocha by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:26am On May 11, 2017
Lemme just mind my business.
Re: Why IMO Remains The Highest In JAMB Applications -okorocha by ExplorerReturns(m): 7:44am On May 11, 2017
any fool that comes here to rant trash about okorocha will die a painful death. in as much as he is not perfect okorocha has done incredibly well. I know what owerri and IMO was like during ohakim tenure and I also know that rochas has built and repaired most of the roads in owerri and environs. I don't know why we love playing unnecessary clannish politics I want imolites to be honest with this question, those of us complaining that okorocha is using money meant for orlu and ogbaku to develop owerri did ohakim do more for orlu and ogbaku zone than okorocha? I can remember when I went to orlu to see my aunt. I met the construction of orlu road and this was during okorocha first tenure.

owerri now is a big and better city. the hotels there has beautified the city and given her a tourist attraction. remember that this is a source of revenue to the government because a lot of world city like Dubai ,Macau etc are tourist cities. IMO is not a commercial state and okorocha has done well to identify the States area of strength,which is tourism, and develop it. w should be patient, development will spill over just like it did with Lagos and Ogun. development will still spill as it has already started spreading to obinze side in owerri west.

what of the free education which I know was 100% real during his first tenure? last jamb IMO state recorded over 120,000 candidates which simply means that more imolites has been empowered and attending high institutions. All these are courtesy to Rocha's okorocha, in fact, since the free education programme started there IMO state performance and numbers in external exams has improved. on infrastructure he has also tried. I know that he has constructed and repaired numerous roads in IMO state more than ohakim and other past governors. apart from mbakwe there is no past governor that has performed than okorocha!

Yes I hate Islam and the north and I also join the rest of Igbo's to condemn any affiliation or servitude okorocha has with the north but every UNBIASED IGBO should commend okorocha on his PERFORMANCE! IF I MUST BE HONEST WITH MYSELF I WILL SAY THAT OF RECENT THERE IS NO BETTER GOVERNOR IN SOUTH EAST THAN OKOROCHA.

The only sin of okorocha is being in APC and romancing with the north.

1 Like

Re: Why IMO Remains The Highest In JAMB Applications -okorocha by DocHMD: 8:17am On May 11, 2017
This slowpoke thinks we don't know that Imo have been holding the ace in education nationwide even before he became governor.

His anti-people policies chased away Imo technocrats from their homeland to other states and even out of the country. How can a state so blessed with the best brains in the country become so unviable?
The answer is OKOROAWUSA RUNS THE STATE LIKE A FEUDAL ABOOKI STATE.

4 Likes

Re: Why IMO Remains The Highest In JAMB Applications -okorocha by ExplorerReturns(m): 8:25am On May 11, 2017
DocHMD:
This slowpoke thinks we don't know that Imo have been holding the ace in education nationwide even before he became governor.

His anti-people policies chased away Imo technocrats from their homeland to other states and even out of the country. How can a state so blessed with the best brains in the country become so unviable?
The answer is OKOROAWUSA RUNS THE STATE LIKE A FEUDAL ABOOKI STATE.

we should stop lieing to ourselves. yes IMO has been good from time immemorial in education but Rocha's has made IMO better! if you doubt that then bring out jamb stats from 2011 downward let us see if IMO has always been at the top. yes okorocha might have done some things perceived as anti people but we need to understand his intentions and there is no place in this country that people don't feel pain initially while attaining development. government needs to demolish illegal structures to build good ones and to make the city look good. okorocha has performed, let's judge him from his intentions not from his perceived flaws
Re: Why IMO Remains The Highest In JAMB Applications -okorocha by Arda1000(m): 2:54pm On May 11, 2017
A. P. C and lies

1 Like

Re: Why IMO Remains The Highest In JAMB Applications -okorocha by MXrep: 3:14pm On May 11, 2017
Lol, the data is based on state of origin. Most Imo applicants that contributed to that value are not in imo state and did not partake in the free education. I did not say Rochas is not working, but the JAMB thing has nothing to do with him. By the way congrats to IMO. 6 years unbeaten, and beating the second state always with very wide margin

2 Likes

Re: Why IMO Remains The Highest In JAMB Applications -okorocha by kingzizzy: 4:14pm On May 11, 2017
Okoroawusa should be ashamed of himself
Re: Why IMO Remains The Highest In JAMB Applications -okorocha by kikake: 4:33pm On May 11, 2017
ExplorerReturns:
any fool that comes here to rant trash about okorocha will die a painful death. in as much as he is not perfect okorocha has done incredibly well. I know what owerri and IMO was like during ohakim tenure and I also know that rochas has built and repaired most of the roads in owerri and environs. I don't know why we love playing unnecessary clannish politics I want imolites to be honest with this question, those of us complaining that okorocha is using money meant for orlu and ogbaku to develop owerri did ohakim do more for orlu and ogbaku zone than okorocha? I can remember when I went to orlu to see my aunt. I met the construction of orlu road and this was during okorocha first tenure.

owerri now is a big and better city. the hotels there has beautified the city and given her a tourist attraction. remember that this is a source of revenue to the government because a lot of world city like Dubai ,Macau etc are tourist cities. IMO is not a commercial state and okorocha has done well to identify the States area of strength,which is tourism, and develop it. w should be patient, development will spill over just like it did with Lagos and Ogun. development will still spill as it has already started spreading to obinze side in owerri west.

what of the free education which I know was 100% real during his first tenure? last jamb IMO state recorded over 120,000 candidates which simply means that more imolites has been empowered and attending high institutions. All these are courtesy to Rocha's okorocha, in fact, since the free education programme started there IMO state performance and numbers in external exams has improved. on infrastructure he has also tried. I know that he has constructed and repaired numerous roads in IMO state more than ohakim and other past governors. apart from mbakwe there is no past governor that has performed than okorocha!

Yes I hate Islam and the north and I also join the rest of Igbo's to condemn any affiliation or servitude okorocha has with the north but every UNBIASED IGBO should commend okorocha on his PERFORMANCE! IF I MUST BE HONEST WITH MYSELF I WILL SAY THAT OF RECENT THERE IS NO BETTER GOVERNOR IN SOUTH EAST THAN OKOROCHA.

The only sin of okorocha is being in APC and romancing with the north.

There was never a time money allocated by the federal govt for the development of Ijebu Ode, Abeokuta or Ikenne was instead used for development of only Abeokuta, while Ikenne and Ijebu-Ode are abandoned.

Morally and constitutionality, there was NEVER a time the Federal government meant that its allocations to the 27 lgas of Imo state should be meant to develop Owerri to a Mega city, so that Owerri shall fetch tourism money like Dubai before other cities in Imo state shall start to receive commensurate development attention from future Imo state governments.

Okorocha buries the federal allocations of the 27 lgas in Owerri. Because he has problems with some political actors in his Orlu senatorial zone, thus Owerri became his new hometon; Owerri became Imo state for him since 2012.

Condemn EVIL when you see one. It's evil the idea that Imo state govt shall make Owerri a mega city with federal allocations meant for the development of the other 27 lgas of Imo state.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Apppintment Across The Six Geographical Zones / APC Governors To Osinbajo - It's Time To Negotiate With Nnamdi Kanu & Others / Un Resolution, Article 1/2017 Section 1, 2, 3. Resolved Agitation In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.