Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,764 members, 7,851,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:34 AM

A Letter To The Senate On The Scrapping Of Jamb - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Letter To The Senate On The Scrapping Of Jamb (315 Views)

Summary Of JAMB Sweet Sixteen from Chapter 1 To Chapter 7 / Scrapping Of First Class Awards:okowa Terminates Awards For Delta State Scholars / JAMB: VC Advises On Scrapping Of Post UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Letter To The Senate On The Scrapping Of Jamb by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 03, 2017
1, Bisola Avenue,
Ota,
Ogun State.
1st April, 2017.

The Sanate House,
Abuja.

Dear Sir/Ma,

REASONS WHY JAMB SHOULD BE SCRAPPED

Sequel to the trending and massive registration of jamb by candidates it's been that people are complaining a lot about jamb this year.
We have seen so many turn up to register for the exam this year, but it's so unfortunate that we have only one center to register for, example is here, i live at otta and here in otta we only have one exam center which is not supposed to be so. we're Supposed to have more than a center so it saves stress and time. We have more than 1000 candidates that registered for this exam.
Another point is I think JAMB should be scrapped, it has outlived its usefulness and the UTME is no longer relevant. But another body needs to be established. There has to be an external examination that would serve as criteria to judge the knowledge of candidates before they gain admission into the university. Like i think in the other advanced countries, they only take the o'level result and then straight up to the college or the university.
Sir/ma, another reason is JAMB should be scrapped. There are billions of youths whose lives have been put on hold because they are yet to pass the UTME. Universities should be the one to test candidates’ knowledge.
People have been struggling to pass this JAMB of a thing for the past years at least, we have seen someone who has written Jamb like four times without gaining admission into the University. And do we noticed he would/has been paying for the form and I'm sure it's going to be nothing less than #10,000 Which is so bad.
I think JAMB should be scrapped. There is no need retaining the body again since it is no longer useful. For instance, when five million candidates register to take the UTME, only a million may pass which is unrealistic. How can four million candidates fail the UTME? Admission seekers even prefer taking post-UTME rather than the UTME.
I want JAMB to be scrapped. The post-UTME has rendered their operations useless. Since the inception of the board, there has never such controversy like it was witnessed this year. The board is not fully prepared for the CBT. It should have approached it gradually rather than the sudden method it adopted. The 2016 UTME exercise was not freely, fairly and credibly conducted in a peaceful atmosphere. Candidates encountered many problems during the examination. Also, the low level of preparedness on the part of JAMB made many of the candidates to lose hope, trust and confidence in it.
If you want to know, my view on the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board’s changed totally, when they made an unofficial decision, planning on reallocating students universities which these candidates choose, and that is a very condemnable act. The simple truth is that the JAMB board took a very wrong decision — and it is a criminal one for that matter. Because this sets aside the right of Nigerians to freedom of choice.
I strongly support the scrapping of the board. The result that was allocated to many of the candidates this year did not correspond with what they did in the examination. Results were sent twice to some candidates and when they checked the results online, the results changed. Many did not even see their results. There were many irregularities in the conduct of the examination. Some candidates are also kicking against the position of the House of Representatives that JAMB should revert to the paper-pencil test. I think those kicking are the lucky ones who got a 40 bonus mark each to the detriment of other hapless candidates. The JAMB Registrar, Prof. Dibu Ojerinde, should immediately find a solution to the plight of candidates who failed the examination because of the ineptitude of the board. It will be better if the examination is re-conducted to create a level playing field for everybody.

So sir/ma, i Hope The Points I Have Written Down Is Convincing Enough To Scrap This Fraud of  A thing Called "JAMB".

Yours faithfully,
Pelumi Roqeeb.
grin grin grin

I KNOW I ADDED SOME PEOPLES POINT TOO AND I KNOW I'M GANNA RECEIVE SEROUS BASHING HERE SO YOUR NASTY COMMENT IS ALLOWED AND DOESN'T COUNT kiss

(1) (Reply)

Important Notice To All OOU Students On Illegal Payment / Innovations Sustaining Nigerians Today; Diminishing Values In Return / Solve This If You Can

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.