Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With (8496 Views)

10 Phone Brands That Failed Instantly / If Phone Brands Were Animals� / 5 Reasons Why You Should Try Out Unpopular Phone Brands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by nenergy(m): 9:50am On Apr 04, 2017
donkuso:
Op, advise me on the phone I should by for my wife. The options are Gionee, Techno, infinix or Injoo. The qualities needed or should average out are good lasting batteries, no lagging, good RAM,pic quality, rugged, >5.5 screen,ur honest opinions etc. The price range 50k
Checking...
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by baba4thegehs: 9:56am On Apr 04, 2017
Tech advances with time don't expect to see any 6Gb ram device until 2018-2020

OEMs I mean.

And i you want a phone that can handle all your task efficiently go for the major brands flagship.
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 04, 2017
wizzywisdom:

So one should his one year salary to buy phone? 6GB of RAM in a phone is meaningless. installed a 6GB RAM in a laptop then compare the performance

Do not skimp and then complain about poor quality. If you choose to buy a Toyota starlet rather than a Toyota camry, you should understand that you get what you pay for.
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by Osaki07: 10:21am On Apr 04, 2017
baba4thegehs:

OEMs I mean.

And i you want a phone that can handle all your task efficiently go for the major brands flagship.
There's are already devices with 6gb ram
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by nattyhero(m): 10:28am On Apr 04, 2017
donkuso:
Op, advise me on the phone I should by for my wife. The options are Gionee, Techno, infinix or Injoo. The qualities needed or should average out are good lasting batteries, no lagging, good RAM,pic quality, rugged, >5.5 screen,ur honest opinions etc. The price range 50k
You can buy your wife any phone but definitely not an innjoo phone, I won't even buy it for my enemy. Quote me
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by baba4thegehs: 10:35am On Apr 04, 2017
Osaki07:
There's are already devices with 6gb ram

I don't mean Chinese brands. Original OEMs

Samsung,LG, HTC iPhone, Nokia, Sony etc.

Not Infinity Tecno Gioonee undecided
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by Osaki07: 10:44am On Apr 04, 2017
baba4thegehs:

I don't mean Chinese brands. Original OEMs
Samsung,LG, HTC iPhone, Nokia, Sony etc.
Not Infinity Tecno Gioonee undecided
Yeah..i know samsung s8+ has 6gb ram,oneplus 3t has 6gb ram..et..c
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by xjiggy: 11:56am On Apr 04, 2017
baba4thegehs:

OEMs I mean.

Xiaomi has a 6gig Ram phone. Google Phones with 6gig Ram and you'll be surprised at the number of fones that will pop up. Asus just released an 8gig ram fone
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by Harry4cas(m): 12:44pm On Apr 04, 2017
donkuso:

Buy xaiomi Redmi 4 0r note 4
check the thread and thank me later. https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by DJInfluence: 12:50pm On Apr 04, 2017
nenergy:

1. Samsung: They're stingy with RAM. You'll see Samsung phones with 756mb or 1.5gb RAM. Why not round it up? Tires me!.
Samsung is the worst of the worst. Even the 1.5 GB RAM only have about 500-550 free MB because the fvcking touchwiz will take up to 1GB RAM spaces as system space.
And updates takes forever. My Note 5 only received the updates to Nougat over 6 months after the OS was released by google.

**That being said, the Galaxy S8+ is beckoning on me and as much as i don´t want another Samsung phone, am tempted by it.

2 Likes

Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by baba4thegehs: 3:11pm On Apr 04, 2017
Osaki07:
Yeah..i know
samsung s8+ has 6gb ram,oneplus 3t has 6gb ram..et..c

Are you even serious?! S8 and S8 plus has 4Gb ram! Not 6Gb ur facts are wrong.

No Samsung Phone has 6Gb ram at the moment
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by nenergy(m): 3:49pm On Apr 04, 2017
donkuso:
.Google these phones and PM me if you'll like me to help you order.
Tecno Boom J8 @ 50k (1 year warranty)
Asus Pegasus 5000 @ 50,700 (no warranty, but local after sale support)
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 04, 2017
donkuso:
Please advise me, I ve 50k which android phone will I buy 4 my wife, Gionee,Techno, infinix etc product. Good lasting battery,pics ,RAM, no lagging, 4G. At least avarage in all listed.
its better to get a better brand like Samsung, lg or huawei, at least you can get a new one with good features with that 50k
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by Osaki07: 4:20pm On Apr 04, 2017
baba4thegehs:

Are you even serious?! S8 and S8 plus has 4Gb ram! Not 6Gb ur facts are wrong.
No Samsung Phone has 6Gb ram at the moment
Bro chill samsung s8 comes with 4gb ram while the s8+ comes with 6gb ram
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by albacete(m): 7:22am On Apr 05, 2017
Osaki07:
Bro chill
samsung s8 comes with 4gb ram
while the s8+ comes with 6gb ram

Oga check anywhere and everywhere, s8+ has 4gb ram.

Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by albacete(m): 7:26am On Apr 05, 2017
Osaki07:
Bro chill
samsung s8 comes with 4gb ram
while the s8+ comes with 6gb ram

It is only 4GBRAM for the s8 plus.
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by Osaki07: 7:32am On Apr 05, 2017
albacete:

It is only 4GBRAM for the s8 plus.
But in china,they are releasing it with 6gb ram..any other region comes with only 4gb ram
case closed
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by overboard(m): 4:02am On Apr 07, 2017
No one is talking about HTC, why?
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by kogbaski99: 8:19pm On Apr 07, 2017
nenergy:
I'm a mobile device enthusiast, I advise and I also help people make online purchases. This has exposed me to many phone brands.

Just now a thought came to mind that no mobile device is perfect (something dey spoil am). These manufacturers have something unique they cut back on while making up their specification.

These unique cutbacks is what they are stingy with.

I will list a few.

1. Samsung: They're stingy with RAM. You'll see Samsung phones with 756mb or 1.5gb RAM. Why not round it up? Tires me!

2. Huawei: They're stingy with battery. You'll see a 4g phone with 2gb ram and 2200mAh battery. SMH

3. iTel: They also have RAM "stinginess" but their lack of OTP upgrade/support is their core "stingility".

I'm out... so please list the ones you perceive.

Lol..I will rather stick to the stingy tecno. They serve me well

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stop Using 4G Network, You Are Killing Yourself / Airtel Might Block Bis On Other Phones Today / Ever Wondered Why The NO: 5 On Every Phone Keyboard Has A Dot Behind It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.