Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,093 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? (4551 Views)

Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) / Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) / Why Did My Father Marry My Mother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by yemstrad(f): 4:41pm On Dec 09, 2005
roomies, it happened in Ife (Osun State, Nigeria) and we heard & watch it some 3 weeks ago, on Galaxy TV via a popular TV show tagged Nkan Nbe being anchored weekly by Kola Olawuyi.

I was perplexed when the father (100 yrs old) affirmed his relationship (3 kids now) with the late son's widow (2 kid before his death).

Could it be that the father was instrumental to his son's death or could it be he has been digging the woman before the son's death.

Is there anything wrong in what he has done.
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by sweetnini(f): 4:54pm On Dec 09, 2005
of course it's wrong there is no need to ask this question
can u do it?
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by yemstrad(f): 5:02pm On Dec 09, 2005
Well, he may have done so to prevent the woman from being out of his household. Who knows, the woman may be a very nice one whom he did not want to loose after the death of his son.

As for me i can't do it but it happened live in Ife (Osun State). What do you think this old man deserve as reward?
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by sweetnini(f): 5:12pm On Dec 09, 2005
i can't really say
but if the guy really want her to stay he mustnt marry her for goodness sake she is his sons wife and has hisgrandchildren angry
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by yemstrad(f): 5:25pm On Dec 09, 2005
nini, we've got to see ur live pix and not this flower (rose - am i right?). back to the point, dis man should be probed by ICPC i suppose.
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by Viktor(m): 5:31pm On Dec 09, 2005
Oh what a shameless father that would be....................
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by yemstrad(f): 5:53pm On Dec 09, 2005
Shameless indeed. The old papa is now deaf but not dumb. The woman at the center of this matter has to thunder into his ear to get him hear what people say.

I guess the man is already getting his judgement on earth.
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by Seun(m): 10:21pm On Dec 10, 2005
I see nothing wrong with it
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by yemstrad(f): 3:51pm On Dec 12, 2005
Seun:

Seun, i want to believe the above piece is from u. How on earth, u deemed the old man was right with what he has done? then we can categorically place the death of his son at his door step.

controversial entry we got from u or could it be a case of impersonation ?
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by prettyH(f): 10:55pm On Dec 12, 2005
Seun:

Nothing wrong ke..please there's everything wrong ...infact very wrong.
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by damygurl(f): 1:15am On Dec 13, 2005
Wat!! Yucky!!Yucky!EWW!!EWWW!! Dat is so wrong!!! wats wrong with da father? and y in d world did da woman agree to sumthing liked dat maybe they used juju on her cuz dats gotta be da only way she gon marry her late husbands father and eevn have sex with him. gosh dats too disgusting to think about!!!
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by conscience(m): 5:51am On Dec 13, 2005
What are you people fighting about?
The man is dead and the woman is free.
Its the case of '' His place , let another man take''
Abi your quarell is because the oldman is the father of the late husband?
If na you nko?
Will you be looking after food, for another person to eat?
CARRY GO BABA.........NA BLOOD DEY UR BODY JARE.
WHAT A YOUNG MAN CAN DO AN OLDMAN CAN SHOW WITH EXPERIENCE.
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by damygurl(f): 9:44pm On Dec 13, 2005
wat? say dat again will ya? so u telling me u can marry ur sons wife if God forbid he dies!!!
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by conscience(m): 10:48pm On Dec 13, 2005
Yes! Yes! Yes!
If it is acceptable norm within my culture.
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by prettyH(f): 10:51pm On Dec 13, 2005
conscience:

Yes! Yes! Yes!
If it is acceptable norm within my culture.

Are u saying it's acceptable in ur culture or if it were acceptable?
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by conscience(m): 11:11am On Dec 14, 2005
prettyH:

Are u saying it's acceptable in your culture or if it were acceptable?
It is not acceptable in my culture.
But if it were, i will do it without winking wink
What will you say, in India or other CulturesĀ  a sister marries the husband of herĀ  late sister, if she is still single.
OR in Tiv land and other places, where a son takes over the step mother[s] in the event of his father's death.
Or in the same Tiv land, where, a host friend shows appreciation of his bond with you, by offering you his wife to take to bed on a visit. A Gesture you are expected to reciprocate..........NA WA, THIS ONE I NO FIT DO OR NA MATCHET I GO USE FOR MORNING CHOP PERSON NECK THROWE! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Its just a thing of the mind and perception.
SHIKEENA!
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by christyne(f): 12:35pm On Dec 14, 2005
Very disgusting.The fact dt d son is dead does not give d old man priority over his son's wife.It is really a bad thing and the man is a disgrace to his generation and all yorubas.

CARRY GO BABA.........NA BLOOD DEY UR BODY JARE.

Even if blood dey him body,he for go hotel go carry babes,that would have been better.
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by conscience(m): 1:09pm On Dec 14, 2005
christyne:

Very disgusting.The fact dt d son is dead does not give d old man priority over his son's wife.It is really a bad thing and the man is a disgrace to his generation and all yorubas.

Even if blood dey him body,he for go hotel go carry babes,that would have been better.
Leave the one were dey for house?
na wa .
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by yemstrad(f): 6:24pm On Dec 14, 2005
The old baba is 100 now, the TV series had it that the son died 1987. With simple arithmetic, the baba was 82 when the son died. What would an 87 yr old man be able to dig in a young woman?

The baba just manage give himself bad name before his death, simple as ABC.

Nature abhors lacuna, so there is no culture that will allow abnormal things in this jet age. Even, if thos ab things have been there in the past.

I still insist (God, pls don't slap my mouth o) that, the old man was involved in his son's death.
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by christyne(f): 10:22am On Dec 15, 2005
Na wa o, only God fit judge sha.
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by yemstrad(f): 3:51pm On Jan 01, 2006
But some people are saying there is nothing wrong in what the old man has done, even in this forum.
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by Sassykes(f): 6:11pm On Jan 01, 2006
EWWW that is so gross on so many levels, what the hell was he and the freaking female thinking. eww before i get insultive and use nasty words i will leave this topic alone.
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by allonym: 7:12am On Jan 03, 2006
what is eww or gross about this?

Nobody mentioed how old the woman is. . .she could be 80 to the man's 100.

I suppose you'all find it gross when two people over 80 get married?

Seriously, what is wrong with this situation? A man marries a woman. . happens everyday. The woman is a widow. . happnes a lot. The woman's husband was his son. . . rare. . but I can't see anything wrong with this either. I can't even think of any culture that finds this wrong.
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by yemstrad(f): 1:29pm On Jan 08, 2006
allonym:

what is eww or gross about this?

Nobody mentioed how old the woman is. . .she could be 80 to the man's 100.

I suppose you'all find it gross when two people over 80 get married?

Seriously, what is wrong with this situation? A man marries a woman. . happens everyday. The woman is a widow. . happnes a lot. The woman's husband was his son. . . rare. . but I can't see anything wrong with this either. I can't even think of any culture that finds this wrong.

Bro, it is a bad thing. Period.

The woman is about 40 - 45.

he entire family members have deserted the old man already.
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by prettyH(f): 2:20pm On Jan 08, 2006
@ allonym,

what concerns age and the man's action? Its simply wrong. Can't he cater for her without marrying her? And u mention the fact that cultures permit such a ludicrous act. Sorry to burst your bubble, mine doesn't .
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by Advin(m): 4:44pm On Jan 08, 2006
father marry his daughter inlaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's punishable by death.
How would the father feel? doesn't he have any consience? It totally wrong.
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by mizkay(f): 4:50pm On Jan 08, 2006
which kine one too be dat? chei!!! wonders ooooo......anyway make i just catch my papa.....i go kill am finish....!!!1
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by allonym: 7:29pm On Jan 08, 2006
yemstrad:

Bro, it is a bad thing. Period.

The woman is about 40 - 45.

he entire family members have deserted the old man already.
What is bad about it?

prettyH:

@ allonym,

what concerns age and the man's action? Its simply wrong. Can't he cater for her without marrying her? And u mention the fact that cultures permit such a ludicrous act. Sorry to burst your bubble, mine doesn't .
Why can't he marry her? What is your culture - where are you from, your tribe etc?

Advinchi:

father marry his daughter inlaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's punishable by death.
How would the father feel? doesn't he have any consience? It totally wrong.
Punishable by death under what law or under which culture?
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by yemstrad(f): 2:26pm On Jan 09, 2006
Please, don't make it more ridiculous than it is presently. How on earth can this be morally acceptable? Infact, i feel like Government should just go and put this man into KiriKiri maximum prison in Apapa.

Let him start experiencing hell from this earth. He is a foolish old man angry angry angry
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by christyne(f): 3:49pm On Jan 09, 2006
Yea i agree with u.He's a foolish old man,he deserve to be buried alive.
Ohun ti o da o loruko meji,koda lo nje (wat is bad does not have two names,its always bad.)
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by mmomi(f): 4:49pm On Jan 09, 2006
Where is guiness book of records!! From papa to husband, abomination of highest order.If this happens to appear in website it will read www.error-error........wonders shall never end rolleyes
Re: Can a Father Marry His Deceased Son's Widow? by allonym: 5:13pm On Jan 09, 2006
mmomi:

Where is guiness book of records!! From papa to husband, abomination of highest order.If this happens to appear in website it will read www.error-error........wonders shall never end rolleyes

christyne:

Yea i agree with u.He's a foolish old man,he deserve to be buried alive.
Ohun ti o da o loruko meji,koda lo nje (what is bad does not have two names,its always bad.)

yemstrad:

Please, don't make it more ridiculous than it is presently. How on earth can this be morally acceptable? Infact, i feel like Government should just go and put this man into KiriKiri maximum prison in Apapa.

Let him start experiencing hell from this earth. He is a foolish old man angry angry angry

So pretty much nobody has any reason for why they feel the way they do.

Funny how everyone wants to kill the man, what about the woman? I don't remember her being forced into a marriage.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Genuine 4 Plots Of Land For Sale In Ibadan 700k Per Plot / Marriage Counsellors / I Am Officially Bankrupt,homeless,depressed And At My Wits End.just Wnt 2 End It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.