Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,811 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here (2011 Views)

If You Need Practical Business Ideas, Come In Here. / Would You Like To Make Money Today? You Need Profitable Business Ideas? Come In! / Help Me With Business Ideas For A #100k To#150k Startup Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by WealthAroundYou(m): 11:13am On Apr 04, 2017
I know business ideas are worthless, implementation is the real deal, but in my opinion business ideas are the beginning step of any business venture, I want this thread to be a business Idea pool, I will be sharing business ideas as they come to my mind and I want you to critique, contribute and suggest innovations.

I will also like to know challenges to entrepreneurship in Nigeria and what are the possible remedies to it.
Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by WealthAroundYou(m): 11:29am On Apr 04, 2017
Events Around You

Every weekend one events, program, crusade, marriage happens around us, how do we make money from that, yes there is event management.

How about event promotion.

Is there a way one can make money from these events happening around the local area?

If a church will spend thousands of naira to print publicity material, can they pay me just 1k to promote the program online. On sites like eventsnownow.com and the like?

When ever I see a poster for an event or program, I will send a text to the number there, telling them I can promote their event online for only 1k. I think I will try this out this week and see how it goes.

You can also try it out and see how it goes, let's know if you have contrary opinion why this wont work.
Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by WealthAroundYou(m): 11:51am On Apr 04, 2017
How about your own economic team. This came as a suggestion on Wealth Around You. What if every young person in Nigeria creates or joins an economic team and work towards building a viable business enterprise from Wealth Around Them.

How It Works

An Economic Team (Tribe) made up of 2 to 10 young persons (Maybe friends or family) with similar interest. They search for business opportunities, investment opportunities or just build wealth from natural resources. Then they work out a way to raise fund and invest in them.

The benefit is that

1. It's easier to raise capital, each member can contribute
2. There is available man power
3. Businesses are well researched and brainstormed as feasible before embarking on them
4. There is efficiency cause of division of labour and laziness is curtailed.
5. Team force psychologically reinforces the believe in the success of the business
6. Shyness is removed - Yes, there are many businesses most graduates won't want to engage in, but this could be lucrative e.g lawn mowing, small chops making, laundry business, transport business e.t.c but when in a group, it will just be a fun thing. I just picture 6 guys opening a bole or small chops business one is cutting the yam, the other is preparing the plantain another is tending to the fish, one other is serving customers. Why should I be shy if am in this group. It won't still stop you from searching for job or playing nairabet, but it puts something in your pocket daily and who knows, you can blow from here.

I will write more on the benefits but if you have any reason why this arrangement can't work, I want to hear it.
Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by WealthAroundYou(m): 11:56am On Apr 04, 2017
If you are in a community without a bank, or even if there is a bank, most banks and ATMs are over crowded nowadays. You can start a money agent business. You can use Paga and POS for deposit and withdrawal. Customers can deposit cash and you then transfer to their account and can withdraw using the POS machine.

You can also add other services like bill payment, data subscription, recharge card sells e.t.c.

So when next you go to the bank - ask for POS acquisition process. Most banks gives this out for free if you fit the requirement. Am starting one soon.

1 Like

Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by izzou(m): 12:14pm On Apr 04, 2017
Nice one op

I wanted to drop one here

Importation business

I haven't tried it yet,but I need like minds to go in with me
Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by WealthAroundYou(m): 12:28pm On Apr 04, 2017
izzou:
Nice one op

I wanted to drop one here

Importation business

I haven't tried it yet,but I need like minds to go in with me

I've tried Mini importation business, it's lucrative but there is a catch to it.

1. It takes weeks to months for your product to come in, I discovered I could make more money round tripping from local markets within this time, go to Onitsha - buy and sell in Port Harcourt, You'd have make like 5 trips before your China import comes in.
2. You have to get profitable products that are not yet in the market
3. You will face forex
4. Selling the products, the lucrative products are not well known, the well known products are cheaper in the market. So you need a strong strategy on marketing your imports.
5. Some of the imports are not the quality you think you are buying when they arrive.

But when you do get your hold on it, it can be lucrative.
Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by izzou(m): 12:34pm On Apr 04, 2017
WealthAroundYou:

I've tried Mini importation business, it's lucrative but there is a catch to it.

1. It takes weeks to months for your product to come in, I discovered I could make more money round tripping from local markets within this time, go to Onitsha - buy and sell in Port Harcourt, You'd have make like 5 trips before your China import comes in.
2. You have to get profitable products that are not yet in the market
3. You will face forex
4. Selling the products, the lucrative products are not well known, the well known products are cheaper in the market. So you need a strong strategy on marketing your imports.
5. Some of the imports are not the quality you think you are buying when they arrive.

But when you do get your hold on it, it can be lucrative.

I want to start a company that deals on souvenirs. I will have to look for organizations that are interested before I import so as to save me a lot of tears

I am currently working on samples from China. I believe it may be lucrative once I strike my first deal

Do you have any advice on this?
Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by WealthAroundYou(m): 12:43pm On Apr 04, 2017
izzou:

I want to start a company that deals on souvenirs. I will have to look for organizations that are interested before I import so as to save me a lot of tears

I am currently working on samples from China. I believe it may be lucrative once I strike my first deal

Do you have any advice on this?

Order samples, go to a major market and try finding them, if you find them in the market, bad product.
Most of the products sold on Chinese websites are sold by wholesalers and retailers. Most big importers go to China physically and buy from producers directly at ridiculous low prices.

The way you are going with it is good, get samples and source for local orders, strike a deal before major imports. Be discrete with who you show the samples, don't go a major market with physical samples, take snapshots, otherwise they will flood the market with it in few weeks.
Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by izzou(m): 12:47pm On Apr 04, 2017
WealthAroundYou:

Order samples, go to a major market and try finding them, if you find them in the market, bad product.
Most of the products sold on Chinese websites are sold by wholesalers and retailers. Most big importers go to China physically and buy from producers directly at ridiculous low prices.

The way you are going with it is good, get samples and source for local orders, strike a deal before major imports. Be discrete with who you show the samples, don't go a major market with physical samples, take snapshots, otherwise they will flood the market with it in few weeks.

Thanks

Am thinking of adding some customization to it. I think adding this will give me some leverage in terms of fixing a price

My targets are organisations and companies
Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by WealthAroundYou(m): 12:54pm On Apr 04, 2017
izzou:

Thanks

Am thinking of adding some customization to it. I think adding this will give me some leverage in terms of fixing a price

My targets are organisations and companies

Nice one, I believe you know what's involved in your target, this is Nigeria, getting the smallest contracts from companies and organizations are not products of competency or efficiency. It's about Diplomacy, who you know and how you deal.
I prefer doing business with individuals that companies or organizations, they will just use your proposals and quotation to write theirs, get the contract for themselves and tell you they will get back to you.
But then if you know the game, one contract can set you for life.
All the best
Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by izzou(m): 1:06pm On Apr 04, 2017
WealthAroundYou:

Nice one, I believe you know what's involved in your target, this is Nigeria, getting the smallest contracts from companies and organizations are not products of competency or efficiency. It's about Diplomacy, who you know and how you deal.
I prefer doing business with individuals that companies or organizations, they will just use your proposals and quotation to write theirs, get the contract for themselves and tell you they will get back to you.
But then if you know the game, one contract can set you for life.
All the best

Thanks bro

You seem to have much experience
Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by WealthAroundYou(m): 1:11pm On Apr 04, 2017
izzou:

Thanks bro

You seem to have much experience

Still learning, Welcome
Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 04, 2017
WealthAroundYou:
How about your own economic team. This came as a suggestion on Wealth Around You. What if every young person in Nigeria creates or joins an economic team and work towards building a viable business enterprise from Wealth Around Them.

How It Works

An Economic Team (Tribe) made up of 2 to 10 young persons (Maybe friends or family) with similar interest. They search for business opportunities, investment opportunities or just build wealth from natural resources. Then they work out a way to raise fund and invest in them.

The benefit is that

3. Businesses are well researched and brainstormed as feasible before embarking on them
5. Team force psychologically reinforces the believe in the success of the business
6. Shyness is removed - Yes, there are many businesses most graduates won't want to engage in, but this could be lucrative e.g lawn mowing, small chops making, laundry business, transport business e.t.c but when in a group, it will just be a fun thing. I just picture 6 guys opening a bole or small chops business one is cutting the yam, the other is preparing the plantain another is tending to the fish, one other is serving customers. Why should I be shy if am in this group. It won't still stop you from searching for job or playing nairabet, but it puts something in your pocket daily and who knows, you can blow from here.

I will write more on the benefits but if you have any reason why this arrangement can't work, I want to hear it.

In a sane community, this is an idea I have always preached. There is so much we can achieve together than we can ever achieve alone.It is on this principle that networking marketing also called MLM strategy is built.
Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by izzou(m): 1:50pm On Apr 04, 2017
WealthAroundYou:

How It Works

The benefit is that

This isn't a bad idea oh
Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by WealthAroundYou(m): 2:28pm On Apr 04, 2017
olatemitayo:

In a sane community, this is an idea I have always preached. There is so much we can achieve together than we can ever achieve alone.It is on this principle that networking marketing also called MLM strategy is built.

This is the foundation of any business that aims for longevity, most corporate organizations are structured this way but not literally. The investors or shareholders bring the money, the CEO, COO and the team execute the business.

In this case am proposing a small scale team that focuses on delivering value in the local environment. Am still working on the blueprint, but I will want it in such a way that ... Just simple, the structure of churches.

They are in every street, their activity is regulated by higher branches, local government wing, state wing, federal and international wing. Though they keep their money.

I need partners to make this workout, The site is ready www.wealtharoundyou.com

Another benefit is this, when this tribes are formed in at least every community, they can be used as means of product delivery, promotion and marketing and will be paid commissions.

Imagine the fun and the zeal to outperform each other, I will like it to be structure like a game. The best tribe becomes the ruling tribe, even if you have your masters, it won't matter and you can go into any business cause what matters is the value you create and how much you make.

Like I said, I want to know what could be possible flaws to this system, cause I believe and am working towards achieving it.
Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by WealthAroundYou(m): 2:29pm On Apr 04, 2017
izzou:

This isn't a bad idea oh

I want to see it achieved, right now I need partners and critiques
Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 04, 2017
WealthAroundYou:

This is the foundation of any business that aims for longevity, most corporate organizations are structured this way but not literally. The investors or shareholders bring the money, the CEO, COO and the team execute the business.

In this case am proposing a small scale team that focuses on delivering value in the local environment. Am still working on the blueprint, but I will want it in such a way that ... Just simple, the structure of churches.

They are in every street, their activity is regulated by higher branches, local government wing, state wing, federal and international wing. Though they keep their money.

I need partners to make this workout, The site is ready www.wealtharoundyou.com

Another benefit is this, when this tribes are formed in at least every community, they can be used as means of product delivery, promotion and marketing and will be paid commissions.

Imagine the fun and the zeal to outperform each other, I will like it to be structure like a game. The best tribe becomes the ruling tribe, even if you have your masters, it won't matter and you can go into any business cause what matters is the value you create and how much you make.

Like I said, I want to know what could be possible flaws to this system, cause I believe and am working towards achieving it.

We are on same page . Just try and research what the mlm concept is all about and bliv me u ll thank me for the insights.
Like you believe, it is possible and what you need to work on are the rules of engagement. MMM is a perfect case study of a brilliant idea but stupid rules of engagement.
Lastly, I wouldn't mind working with you on it.
Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by izzou(m): 3:52pm On Apr 04, 2017
WealthAroundYou:

I want to see it achieved, right now I need partners and critiques
Very brilliant idea
Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by nna4ke: 12:24am On Apr 06, 2017
WealthAroundYou:

How It Works

The benefit is that

---------------------------

You have a great plan which i believe is going to spring out big, i have always have similar thoughts but, actualization is the issue, i don't mind being a partner.
contact is ebohefosa@gmail.com.
thanks.
Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by izzou(m): 8:16am On Apr 06, 2017
WealthAroundYou:

How It Works

The benefit is that

Can't we just form a group and work on this?

I don't feel like submitting cv anymore

cool
Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by WealthAroundYou(m): 10:30am On Apr 06, 2017
nna4ke:

---------------------------

You have a great plan which i believe is going to spring out big, i have always have similar thoughts but, actualization is the issue, i don't mind being a partner.
contact is ebohefosa@gmail.com.
thanks.

I've sent you an email, check and revert. Thanks
Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by WealthAroundYou(m): 10:32am On Apr 06, 2017
izzou:

Can't we just form a group and work on this?

I don't feel like submitting cv anymore

cool

Sure, am earnestly working on it, the site is ready at www.wealtharoundyou.com you can connect me on whatsapp lets talk about making it a reality. 07035002495.
Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by WealthAroundYou(m): 10:39am On Apr 06, 2017
It's the rainy season once again, there is one major business idea that thrives much this season. AGRICULTURE!!
How much is a paint of garri in your area.

There are many agricultural ventures you can engage in ranging from mild garden size cultivation of edibles like water melon, cucumber, garden egg, tomato and other fruits and vegetables.

You can also move to the large scale cultivation of Rice, Cassava, Yam e.t.c, with the help of the internet and support from farming agencies, you should be better informed than the local farmers on best varieties, soil and farming method.

Finally, you can form a farming tribe, like I explained above, and engage in farming projects, with your exposure on the internet and with the aid of Wealth Around You, you can get investors who will put in money and get rewarded with the products after harvest instead of cash.

There are many other ways you can engage in Agriculture without directly going to the farms, search and you shall find, please in anyway you can, you will be helping Nigeria if more food is produced.

Let me hear your opinion on this.
Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by WealthAroundYou(m): 2:41pm On Apr 07, 2017
It's the rainy season and one this synonymous with it is...

MOSQUITOES

Mosquitoes causes malaria and other diseases, it's irritating and generally not welcomed across the country.

This opens up as an economic importance that must be harnessed, "How to get ride of mosquitoes".

This also doubles as business opportunities.

1. You can start producing insecticides and market to local distributors
2. You can start a fumigation venture and advertise as pest control
3. You can sell insect repellent gadgets, creams, Mosquito nets e.t.c
4. You can sell anti-insect plants

Add yours or comment
Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 07, 2017
WealthAroundYou:
I know business ideas are worthless, implementation is the real deal, but in my opinion business ideas are the beginning step of any business venture, I want this thread to be a business Idea pool, I will be sharing business ideas as they come to my mind and I want you to critique, contribute and suggest innovations.

I will also like to know challenges to entrepreneurship in Nigeria and what are the possible remedies to it.

Great thread; keep it up
Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by WealthAroundYou(m): 3:54pm On Apr 07, 2017
alignacademy:

Great thread; keep it up

Thanks
Re: In Search Of Business Ideas - Come In Here by WealthAroundYou(m): 12:18pm On Apr 20, 2017
Here are reasons why we love Wealth Around You and you should too.

FUN
Wealth Around You is a fun and active community made up of youngsters, it's an opportunity for young people to connect and make friends with similar goals and mindset, it also offers the opportunity of socializing and exploring your immediate environment with the goal of intimating, enjoying and harnessing the natural and man made resources around you.
At Wealth Around You, we plan trips, camps, picnics and hangouts, occasionally we throw parties, conferences, seminars, workshops and exhibitions.

MAKE MONEY
That's the primary goal of Wealth Around You, to create wealth and you know how well Money is synonymous to wealth, each tribe has an objective way of coming with an income source, a business venture that will yield income, they are to brainstorm on it's feasibility and profitability and work towards raising fund, building and growing the business. This is their primary assignment. They money they make is theirs to keep and use.
This arrangement is beneficial as the tribe will easily come up with working business ideas not ones borne with emotion or overzealous ambition. Secondly, funds can easily be raise as startup capital by either contribution or engaging in group service like mania jobs to raise fund or charity work.
In the course of undertaking the business, the group work will reduce shyness, redundancy and will boost confidence and believe in the success of the business.
Many other monitory benefits of this Wealth Around You tribes will be covered in subsequent posts.

LEARN
They young age is a time to to learn and explore, trust me it's harder to learn new stuffs at old age, you can ask your dad. At Wealth Around You, we try as much to expose members to as much positive information as possible. We encourage them to learn and we setup avenues to teach skills and inculcate knowledge.
We do this by online courses, just as you are reading this, seminars, workshops, conferences and blog posts. We recommend reading materials just as we subsidize ebooks in our shop for easy access.

BUILD
There are so many things young people need to build, career, skill, finance, relationship and social life, all these we encourage and guide our members to start building in a challenging and fun atmosphere. Mostly we want members to build a business empire they can fall to at any point in their life and learn the rudiments of entrepreneurship in an interactive challenging and exciting community.

EXPLORE
It's a shame an average Nigeria youth haven't been to more than 6 states, I've met married persons who haven't gone out of their state and not as if they've explored few places they visit or even the place the live.
We try to ignite the spirit of adventure in our members and challenge them to explore their environment and beyond, only when you know what you have can you plan for what you want. Many want to travel out of the country just because they feel limited in their local communities, how can you appreciate where you are going to when you don't know where you've been.
So pick up the challenge, if you haven't registered on Wealth Around You yet, do so now [url="http://wealtharoundyou.com/register"]Register Here[/url]
If you've already registered, create or join a tribe now, see how to do that [url="http://wealtharoundyou.com/how-it-works/"]Here[/url]
I've you have any question, comment or suggestion to this post, kindly leave a comment below and we'll be more than welcome to honor it.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Exchange Dollar($) To Naira In Lagos / Please What Kind Of Business Can I Start With N 100,000 / We Buy Any Kind Of Spoiled Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.