Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Help! My Boss Says I Have To Go Learn Online Marketing In 1 Week Or Get Fired - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help! My Boss Says I Have To Go Learn Online Marketing In 1 Week Or Get Fired (857 Views)

Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / Signs You’re About To Get Fired & What To Do About It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Boss Says I Have To Go Learn Online Marketing In 1 Week Or Get Fired by koch: 1:24pm On Apr 04, 2017
So I work at a creative branding & design agency where i head the design unit & we partner with some digital agencies

My major work is to come up with jaw dropping designs that is supposed to be used for online marketing where we hand over to digital agencies to manage the placements and all.
l
But yesterday, 1 of our biggest clients called a meeting saying that our designs were just fine but was not converting people enough (meaning people were not clicking on the ads). So he has lost a lot of money which i believe its clearly not my fault. It should be the digital agency's fault

Then the next thing, my boss was apologizing that we will re-do the deigns and do the digital marketing ourselves to help him cut cost saying that though i work in the design unit, I know how to do online marketing just coz i am vibrant on social media.

After the meeting, I told him I have no idea what to do. He said i don't have a choice but to learn it in max of 1 week or get fired because he musn't loose the client & now i have no idea where or how to go about it.
Re: Help! My Boss Says I Have To Go Learn Online Marketing In 1 Week Or Get Fired by yoomide: 1:28pm On Apr 04, 2017
You and your boss sef. But is online marketing just social media?
Re: Help! My Boss Says I Have To Go Learn Online Marketing In 1 Week Or Get Fired by BiafranBushBoy: 1:32pm On Apr 04, 2017
koch:
So I work at a creative branding & design agency where i head the design unit & we partner with some digital agencies

My major work is to come up with jaw dropping designs that is supposed to be used for online marketing where we hand over to digital agencies to manage the placements and all.
l
But yesterday, 1 of our biggest clients called a meeting saying that our designs were just fine but was not converting people enough (meaning people were not clicking on the ads). So he has lost a lot of money which i believe its clearly not my fault. It should be the digital agency's fault

Then the next thing, my boss was apologizing that we will re-do the deigns and do the digital marketing ourselves to help him cut cost saying that though i work in the design unit, I know how to do online marketing just coz i am vibrant on social media.

After the meeting, I told him I have no idea what to do. He said i don't have a choice but to learn it in max of 1 week or get fired because he musn't loose the client & now i have no idea where or how to go about it.

I was in your shoes before. If you are in Lagos, a company helped me out when I was in that scenario.

IIHT Nigeria.

I will soon write about that so that you can compare. Cheaper courses and they can customize just for you.

If you are in Lagos, holla at me.
Re: Help! My Boss Says I Have To Go Learn Online Marketing In 1 Week Or Get Fired by QuuenEndurance: 1:41pm On Apr 04, 2017
hmmmm bosses and their palava
Re: Help! My Boss Says I Have To Go Learn Online Marketing In 1 Week Or Get Fired by aishatuAgboms: 1:42pm On Apr 04, 2017
funny, online marketing and social media ke! your boss needs to be schooled oo. not everyone that can write can be an online marketer because strategy is involved and not all social media (content) person can do strategy.

but can learn in one week sha...
Re: Help! My Boss Says I Have To Go Learn Online Marketing In 1 Week Or Get Fired by banjicom(m): 1:45pm On Apr 04, 2017
tongue

Hummmm!

It is very simple, go to the market with your phone and start browsing for one week. Snap pictures and send it to your boss.
Re: Help! My Boss Says I Have To Go Learn Online Marketing In 1 Week Or Get Fired by LadyWolf: 1:48pm On Apr 04, 2017
Let me be sincere with you, you can never know all about online marketing in 1 week but at least i can recommend 02 academy Lagos where you can do a crash course that will give you at least basic knowledge & more to run a campaign
You can check out their website www.02academylagos.com
Re: Help! My Boss Says I Have To Go Learn Online Marketing In 1 Week Or Get Fired by QuuenEndurance: 1:55pm On Apr 04, 2017
Ah its true oo... one of my church member has talked to me about 02 academy. he said he learnt online marketing there but not for one week . i bet u can't know everything about online marketing for a week you have to go through a programme
Re: Help! My Boss Says I Have To Go Learn Online Marketing In 1 Week Or Get Fired by koch: 1:59pm On Apr 04, 2017
Yea, a friend suggested 02 academy Lagos but please what other options are available

Want to have like 3 diff options
please,time is running out.
Today is Tuesday already
Re: Help! My Boss Says I Have To Go Learn Online Marketing In 1 Week Or Get Fired by michealmay: 6:11pm On Apr 04, 2017
i suppose there just a few good and satisfactory academy
u think ill also recommend 02 academy
Re: Help! My Boss Says I Have To Go Learn Online Marketing In 1 Week Or Get Fired by BuchiErn: 6:14pm On Apr 04, 2017
Lol!! God knows no boss can try this with me
Will tell him to just fire me. There is no point

All online marketing courses i know are quite expensive

Except your boss is ready to pay for you
You can check out wildfusion though

Goodluck bro!!
Re: Help! My Boss Says I Have To Go Learn Online Marketing In 1 Week Or Get Fired by barnabas91: 7:53pm On Apr 04, 2017
Everything u need to know about online marketing is on the internet, go through youtube. Also download an app called 'cousera' either from play store or appstore, they run any program online, some are free while some u pay if u want to be certified.
Simple
try it and thank me later
Re: Help! My Boss Says I Have To Go Learn Online Marketing In 1 Week Or Get Fired by koch: 6:33pm On Apr 05, 2017
i have some free online videos but i am not getting any valuable thing its just bunch of talks and complex lectures.you guys suggested O2Academy lagos and with the number of persons that mentioned it i think i should check it out and see.
Re: Help! My Boss Says I Have To Go Learn Online Marketing In 1 Week Or Get Fired by adejumoadeoluwa(m): 8:35pm On Apr 05, 2017
guessing you are really serious about this then whatsapp me, number in my signature I have just the right secret sauce for you...
Re: Help! My Boss Says I Have To Go Learn Online Marketing In 1 Week Or Get Fired by MFerrara(m): 2:49am On Apr 06, 2017
First: if your boss thinks you can learn everything involved with online marketing in a single week he has a problem in the head; moreso, if he thinks it was your fault he has a major problem up there.

Having said that, let's try to help you out: a good starting point to get a general understanding is Coursera (https://www.coursera.org/), or the everpresent Youtube (on which you can gind a ''thousand thousands'' videos about online marketing, but look out for bs).

Apart from that, you'll need at minimum the basics of AdWords, Google Analytics and how to research ads effectiveness - I personally used youtube adn the ''4 hours workweek'' by Ferris (the ads section has a good -if dated- rundown of the basis of the last point).

Sincerely, try to get through all this and survive this week to keep your job, but in the longer term, I'd just get my Google certification and set up shop for international clients as a side-gig (which might very well evolve in a full-time job given how a good chunk of online marketers are very bad at their job - at least in Europe is like that, dunno over there sorry)

(1) (Reply)

Any One Working Or Knows About Gis/transport Ltd. Company? / . / Rare Made-in-nigeria Aeroplane Lands In Anambra [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.