Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

I Need Help On How To Culture Daphnia - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Need Help On How To Culture Daphnia (1296 Views)

I Need Help On How To Use A 2 Hectares Land Efficiently / Help On Feeds To Give 4-weeks Old Broilers. / I Need Help On My High Quality Cassava Flour (HQCF) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help On How To Culture Daphnia by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 04, 2017
Please who has cultured a daphnia before... I really need help on how to go about it. Thanks
Re: I Need Help On How To Culture Daphnia by frisky2good(m): 2:48pm On Apr 04, 2017
You need to get starting culture from the wild. Put them in your daphnia tank and then provide plenty of algae and oxygen. I was not very successful but hopefully someone with greater level of success will come and shed more light without asking us to come and buy manual smiley
Re: I Need Help On How To Culture Daphnia by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 04, 2017
frisky2good:
You need to get starting culture from the wild. Put them in your daphnia tank and then provide plenty of algae and oxygen. I was not very successful but hopefully someone with greater level of success will come and shed more light without asking us to come and buy manual smiley
Thanks so much ...I have tried to get from a dam close to me but not much success.please which other areas can I get?
Re: I Need Help On How To Culture Daphnia by frisky2good(m): 3:24pm On Apr 04, 2017
Gutters and drains with lots of algae. The problem is you can get today and not get tomorrow. A lot of things feed on them. Have you tried artemia? Not as good as live feed but you can get that without much stress.

nazzyglad:

Thanks so much ...I have tried to get from a dam close to me but not much success.please which other areas can I get?
Re: I Need Help On How To Culture Daphnia by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 04, 2017
OK...Will check gutters around me. I actually want to use them for bioassay and not for fish feed
[quote author=frisky2good post=55258150]Gutters and drains with lots of algae. The problem is you can get today and not get tomorrow. A lot of things feed on them. Have you tried artemia? Not as good as live feed but you can get that without much stress.
Re: I Need Help On How To Culture Daphnia by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 06, 2017
Am still open to new suggestions. Thanks
Re: I Need Help On How To Culture Daphnia by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 06, 2017
you can get them in dirty stagnant water, Espicially gutters and ponds.
Re: I Need Help On How To Culture Daphnia by Nobody: 5:14am On Apr 07, 2017
4rin:
you can get them in dirty stagnant water, Espicially gutters and ponds.
Thanks
Re: I Need Help On How To Culture Daphnia by peterbabs(m): 6:29pm On Jul 14, 2017
Have you made further progress in your quest to culture Diaphnia?

I'll be glad to learn from you.

(1) (Reply)

Cassava Farming (the Unforeseen Diamond In Our Environment) / Can Rice Grow In Oyo State? / 3 Easy Ways To Sell Your Chickens During Festive Periods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.