Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Are Nigerians The Smartest People To Walk The Earth? Why? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Are Nigerians The Smartest People To Walk The Earth? Why? (449 Views)

Dangote Truck Crushes 8 People To Death In Edo State. Graphic Photos / Photoshoot: The New Trend Among Nigerians, The Gold For Photographers / A Look At The Most Wicked People To Ever Walk The Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Nigerians The Smartest People To Walk The Earth? Why? by ghettowriter(m): 5:34pm On Apr 04, 2017
Quoting Pat McCormack, who had spent 20+ years across several African countries.

I don't know if Nigerians are the smartest people on earth but they sure are smart, Igbo folk in particular. To give an example; back in 1981 I was hiring staff in Warri. A young (17) Igbo fellow called Sam asked for a job. He was as short as me and very slim so not suitable for laboring work. He was totally full of beans so I hired him anyways to help me with line testing gear. Sam had had just four years of primary education. About a week in he asked me why I liked the small numbers on the test gear and did not like the big ones. So sitting there under a mangrove I explained voltage, current, Ohms law and the problem with contaminated connections. About an hour later Sam comes back with a drawing and a handful of batteries. He wanted to know whether there was a way to put the batteries in the geophones so as to push the signal through even with poor connections. I was gobsmacked. An hour after hearing of Ohm's law for the first time he'd dreamt up the concept of a pre-amplifier. I had an electronics workshop so I took Sam into it and started with the math and electronics. He lived in that lab. He went from Euclid to Leibniz in less than a month. Six weeks in he was using spectrum analysers to control inter-modulation between multiple radio transmitters. In the eleven months we worked/learnt together Sam got to about associate degree level. He set up an electronics store after.
Some damn smart folk in the Delta.
Pat

(1) (Reply)

NUGA Games. / Meet The Father Of All Bombs- Mother Russia. / University Of Lagos DLI For 2016/2017 Academic Session.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.