Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,446 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Pcos (polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)an Awareness & A Must Read For All Ladies - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pcos (polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)an Awareness & A Must Read For All Ladies (667 Views)

Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman / PCOS (polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)is One Of The Most Complex Female Health Issue / PCOS (polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) A Must Read! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pcos (polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)an Awareness & A Must Read For All Ladies by Blessograo(f): 5:49pm On Apr 04, 2017
So here it it! I'm a medical student and just diagnosed of PCOS.
PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) is a ovarian syndrome obviously which is no 1 common syndrome in women, in a group of women gathered you have 21% chance for finding someone with PCOS. symptoms includes irregular or a self Menstruation, weight gain due to insulin resistance, anxiety, depression, insomnia, increased amount of Androgen level which is one of the male hormone causing hair loss (baldness or male hair pattern) or excess hair growth, eating disorders and even frequent mood swings. Complications includes increased risk of having diabetes, heart disease, uterine cancer and infertility. With all the symptoms mentioned above you only need to show 2 to 3 symptoms for you to be diagnosed of PCOS. Now my story is I've had PCOS since high school and wasn't diagnosed of it because it's takes 5 to 6 good doctors to discover a patient with PCOS and for me no one has been able to diagnose me of that until last week that my one of my lecturers called me aside having seen I added 20kg in 2 years, yes you read that right 20kg and probably still going to add more if I didn't use my medication and luckily there are tons of medications for PCOS which includes birth control pills, grin and Every Woman and the most important which is the one I will be starting soon is METFORMIN. If you think you have PCOS go see a doctor and make sure you it is recommended before you use it. Don't forget to change your diet, drink more water and less sugary drinks.
METFORMIN: Helps to balance your hormone, reduce the weight gained easily, reduced food intake and side effects includes nausea causing you to throw up easily.
PLEASE HELP A LADY TODAY BY PUSHING THIS TO THE FRONT PAGE. Lalasticlala and Seun and whomever is involved.

3 Likes

Re: Pcos (polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)an Awareness & A Must Read For All Ladies by greenbackboogie(m): 4:14pm On Dec 15, 2017
Can I pm concerning this? Help save a life.
Re: Pcos (polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)an Awareness & A Must Read For All Ladies by RemedyLab: 7:07pm On Dec 15, 2017
In another news: Risk factors for most infections: Diet, lifestyles, environment etc

Choose a healthy lifestyle

(1) (Reply)

Mindbending Puzzles Designed To Boost Memory And Reduce The Risk Of Alzheimer's / Urgently Needed With Price / Are You A New Mum? If Yes! Let Discuss How To Lose Belly Fat And Babies Here!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.