Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,480 members, 7,843,468 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

I Never Said Northern Leaders Own Oil Wells In N/delta - Ben Bruce - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Said Northern Leaders Own Oil Wells In N/delta - Ben Bruce (460 Views)

Oil wells in the front yard of our people. (Pics) / Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells / HOSCON Uncovers 50 Oil Wells In 12 Anambra Communities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Said Northern Leaders Own Oil Wells In N/delta - Ben Bruce by NASTYNASOSO: 6:57pm On Apr 04, 2017
I never said Northern leaders own oil well in N/Delta – Ben Bruce

Senator representing Bayelsa east senatorial district, Ben Murray Bruce, Monday, debunked news making the rounds which claimed that he said northern leaders own majority of the oil wells in the Niger Delta region.
In a message to newsmen, Senator Bruce said such news is fake and warned that there are “forces out to turn Nigerians against each other.”
“Beware of fake news. There is a write up circulating on WhatsApp about oil wells purportedly from me. I never wrote such.”

“It is fake news. I have a backpage column in ThisDay and verified Twitter and facebook profiles. Anything I write is published on these platforms.”
“These are delicate times and there are forces out to turn Nigerians against each other. I will never publish an article on WhatsApp. Please be wary of fake news!”
A news story had trended on WhatsApp, alleging that Senator Bruce had said that while northern leaders and traditional rulers own many oil wells in the southern region, the monarchs in the Niger Delta region do not have any to their names.
Some of the traditional rulers in the north named as owners of oil wells in the message include Emir Mohammadu Sanusi of Kanu and Sultan Abubakar Sa’ad of Sokoto.
Re: I Never Said Northern Leaders Own Oil Wells In N/delta - Ben Bruce by sarrki(m): 7:01pm On Apr 04, 2017
No be lie we all know

Are you afraid?
Re: I Never Said Northern Leaders Own Oil Wells In N/delta - Ben Bruce by DrDeji20(m): 7:07pm On Apr 04, 2017
its common sense that Northern elites owns 70% of oil bloc in ND.

my name is Ben Bruce and I am not making common sense anymore.

1 Like

Re: I Never Said Northern Leaders Own Oil Wells In N/delta - Ben Bruce by CriticMaestro: 7:08pm On Apr 04, 2017
was the statement meant to encourage militancy? Problematic people
Re: I Never Said Northern Leaders Own Oil Wells In N/delta - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 04, 2017
When will the newly discovered oyel wells in Borno that is said to be at commercial quantity would start operation and boost our economy

atleast it's not bad to have something positive coming from the north
Re: I Never Said Northern Leaders Own Oil Wells In N/delta - Ben Bruce by Amberon: 7:35pm On Apr 04, 2017
So what if you said it? Is it not true?
Re: I Never Said Northern Leaders Own Oil Wells In N/delta - Ben Bruce by Acetyl(m): 7:49pm On Apr 04, 2017
sarrki:
No be lie we all know

Are you afraid?
Guess you are from North...

(1) (Reply)

Tension As Wike Exposes Amaechi As The Owner Of The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC / Modern Day Slavery.... African Youth We Need To Wake Up / Delta Speaker's Hatchet Man, Four Others Arrested During Gun Duel In Sapele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.