Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media (2449 Views)

Nigerian Terrorist Arrested For Plotting To Bomb Parts Of The US / Sister Of Nigerian Terrorist Who Killed A British Soldier (PICTURED) / Who Is A Terrorist? What Is Terrorism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by femfem2000: 7:44pm On Dec 27, 2009
America and the West have an hidden agenda for Africa especially Nigeria. Don't believe everything you hear on the mainstream TV/Newspapers etc including BBC, CNN etc. Do your own research.

This incident may just be an excuse for America to further push their Africom Agenda especially in Nigeria.

Read the article below and the Resist Africom Article:

http://www.infowars.com/foiled-terrorist-bombing-in-detroit-an-excuse-to-expand-the-bogus-war-on-terror/

Resist Africom: http://concernedafricascholars.org/the-campaign-to-resist-africom/

NSSM 200 Report (USA Agenda to reduce Africa/Nigeria's population)
NSSM 200 Report - (Nigeria was specifically mentioned for population reduction because of our potential influence in Africa)
http://www.schillerinstitute.org/food_for_peace/kiss_nssm_jb_1995.html
http://www.lifesitenews.com/waronfamily/nssm200/index.html
The Actual NSSM Report in PDF - http://www.lifesitenews.com/waronfamily/nssm200/nssm200.pdf

From the United Nations themselves (March 2009 this year!!!!!)
http://www.un.org/esa/population/publications/UNPD_policybriefs/UNPD_policy_brief1.pdf

Documentary Video: Apocalyse Africa - America Plan To Depopulate Africa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O19p7oc7Y6U

Documentary Video: Mercury, Autism and the Global Vaccine Agenda
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6890106663412840646#
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by duabba: 9:08pm On Dec 27, 2009
Your links provides a different angle to the whole thing.

For those interested, check out the movie: Body of Lies by Leonardo Dicaprio. In today's world anything is possible, I also support independent research and less dependence on mainstream media. 2010 promises to be one of intense trans-national mafiaism. Nigeria had better put her house in order.

MY OPINION: All Nigerians, through the power of the web should insist that even though Muttallab was a Nigerian by birth he was radicalized in Britain. Therefore, he didn't get his extremist views from here. If I were the Minister of Foreign Affairs, I would issue a travel alert stating that people should be wary of sending their wards to the west. That is same thing they would have done to us. In this situation, we should refuse to be at the recieving end of propaganda in whatever form or guise, we should quickly twist the story in our favor somehow. If this whole media flood starts, we as Nigerians would be branded as terrorists worldwide, we shouldn't sit down and mope but broadcast and amplify the side of the story favourable to us (the fact the father reported his son, and the fact he was radicalized when he was away from nigerian soil) while downplaying the other parts CNN and co are wont to put up in colorful headlines.

We should refuse to allow others paint the rest of us, as they try to paint us black we should also try to wash ourselves (propaganda in the high level international relations is so real today than ever before). Most Nigerians on the net is screaming that we would all be branded as terrorist, as for me anyone that brands me or my countrymen as terrorists, I would label their lands as breeding farms for terrorism. Afterall some of their citizens also go off to fight for other lands against their nation.

My 2 kobo!
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by EloSela(f): 2:29am On Dec 28, 2009
@ duabba

Where does it state he was 'radicalised' in Britain? He was only there for a few years for his degree before moving to Dubai and then Yemen.

After graduating in 2008, he told his family he wanted to continue learning, by moving to an Arab country to study Arabic.

His family told the BBC Mr Abdulmutallab's parents decided to send him to Dubai to study for a post-graduate degree in business management, thinking he would benefit from its cosmopolitan nature and would not be exposed to extremist influences.

But despite his parents' objections, he abandoned the course before it was finished, saying he was no longer interested and had found an alternative course in Yemen.

He said the seven-year programme would cost nothing and that it did not matter if his Nigerian passport expired - he would be able to obtain a Yemeni one.

When his mother contacted him to urge him to reconsider, Mr Abdulmutallab told her not to get in touch again as he had found "a new life" and they no longer had any ties to him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8431530.stm
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by Busybody2(f): 2:35am On Dec 28, 2009
femfem2000:

America and the West have an hidden agenda for Africa especially Nigeria. Don't believe everything you hear on the mainstream TV/Newspapers etc including BBC, CNN etc. Do your own research.

This incident may just be an excuse for America to further push their Africom Agenda especially in Nigeria.

Read the article below and the Resist Africom Article:

http://www.infowars.com/foiled-terrorist-bombing-in-detroit-an-excuse-to-expand-the-bogus-war-on-terror/

Resist Africom: http://concernedafricascholars.org/the-campaign-to-resist-africom/

NSSM 200 Report (USA Agenda to reduce Africa/Nigeria's population)
NSSM 200 Report - (Nigeria was specifically mentioned for population reduction because of our potential influence in Africa)
http://www.schillerinstitute.org/food_for_peace/kiss_nssm_jb_1995.html
http://www.lifesitenews.com/waronfamily/nssm200/index.html
The Actual NSSM Report in PDF - http://www.lifesitenews.com/waronfamily/nssm200/nssm200.pdf

From the United Nations themselves (March 2009 this year!!!!!)
http://www.un.org/esa/population/publications/UNPD_policybriefs/UNPD_policy_brief1.pdf

Documentary Video: Apocalyse Africa - America Plan To Depopulate Africa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O19p7oc7Y6U

Documentary Video: Mercury, Autism and the Global Vaccine Agenda
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6890106663412840646#

SCRUMPTIOUS FOOD FOR THOUGHT cool cool cool
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by Busybody2(f): 3:09am On Dec 28, 2009
femfem2009

Any news on APS, a multinational initiative under Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Europe-Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Africa which aims to foster cooperation between the U.S., European and African partners to enhance maritime safety and security on the African continent undecided They visited Lagos ports this spring to help . . . er . . . erm . . . this cough again embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by dogmafree(m): 7:24am On Dec 28, 2009
don't forget that his nickname was "alfa" while he was in British International School in Togo. So he was an aspiring terrorist before he got to London.
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by ttbams: 8:25am On Dec 28, 2009
It really doesn't matter whether America and the West have an hidden agenda for Africa especially Nigeria. all these conspirary theories have been around for so long and will be for many years to come. are they true or not. it doesnt really apply in this case. the FACT is still the FACT. A nigerian Citizen is a terrorist,

The FACT remains that they didnt put a bomb in his hands and they didnt put him on that plane

He became radicalised in their country not from europeans but from extremist muslims who hate the west but still live in the west enjoying the good life, eductaion, atmosphere and all that the west has to offer.

If they hate the west so much, then they should sit in their own country. If we dont want America to push their agenda then we should stop applying for visa to their country and migrating by the thousands. We also should make our country great.
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by Gabry(f): 8:43am On Dec 28, 2009
I wonder how do Nigerians ever manage to become a terrorist since they are very loud?  undecided
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by Cyberfreak(f): 10:24am On Dec 28, 2009
@ttbams.
What the hell? angry
Did you click fem fem's link at all? And let me inform you that just because an American news station tells you something doesn't make it 'FACT'.
Have you asked yourself why the U.S. Security Agents didn't do anything to restrict Muttalib's movement even after they were warned about him? Or how come a muslim (with a very obvious muslim name) succeeded in getting past security checks with explosives?
Even if the U.S. are behind all this they certainly would not come out to tell you that they plotted all this, what they would do is come up with carefully planned explanations of how they are completely innocent, so that means it is left for you to reason, to add two and two, to think, before deciding what to believe; this is especially important in a situation like this, what with the whole Africom business.
Stop taking things at face value abeg.
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by mrperfect(m): 11:14am On Dec 28, 2009
Let us always pray for this Country.
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by kwekwe: 11:16am On Dec 28, 2009
Well, international and national propaganda is real, anyway. In this case i will buy this view if the young man in question is schooling in united states.
If the US want to do that for any reason, there are hundreds of thousands of Nigerians in the US they can use.

So, it is very difficult to sell this side of the story.
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by Cyberfreak(f): 11:39am On Dec 28, 2009
If an obscure, unknown Nigerian was accused of this, there would bea lot of doubt about his nationality and about the story. Someone a lot of people know is better.
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by Cyberfreak(f): 11:40am On Dec 28, 2009
If an obscure, unknown Nigerian was accused of this, there would bea lot of doubt about his nationality and about the story. Someone a lot of people know is better.
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by femfem2000: 4:04pm On Dec 28, 2009
Busy Body, as long as we remember that the USA only care about themselves and their agenda, then we shouldn't trust them and the West. They only want our resources. Which is why they are trying any means necessary to set up Africom bases in Nigeria possibly using Niger Delta and now terrorism as the reason. They will say they are here to help us deal with our terrorism problems. As an American once said "If American offers to help you RUN!!!!!"

Cyberfreak, thank you jare. It seems some people don't even bother reading before regugitating what they've heard from CNN.

Even the Japanese Parliament has debated the unexplained/suspect issues surrounding 911 which started all this War On Terror stuff. Till today we haven't found the Weapons Of Mass Disappearance in Iraq. Yet people are still willing to believe the countries that lied to us all.

See the video of the Japanese opposition party raising questions about unexplained issues surrounding 911. Did any of you hear that on CNN, BBC, Sky etc early last year No!!!!!!!. No major newspaper, magazine or TV channel carried it. Even our African media didn't carry it as they all get their so called 'news' from Western sources.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0nBNJM0fBo

Please do your own research
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by Cyberfreak(f): 5:35pm On Dec 28, 2009
A lot of people have no idea how evil these people can be. Even after their lie regarding unexisting WMD was exposed, Tony Blair said that they did not regret invading Iraq to find 'the weapons'.
I have been doing a lot of personal research on the whole thing, their plans, the CIA, MKULTRA mind control, freemasons and the like. And I keep finding out very shocking information about what the U.S. Government does.
About 9/11, anybody who still believes that some muslim men from a remote cave are behind the bombings should go have their heads examined.
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by duabba: 9:02pm On Dec 28, 2009
@ duabba

Where does it state he was 'radicalised' in Britain? He was only there for a few years for his degree before moving to Dubai and then Yemen.

@EloSela
We are all aware that radicalist elements exist in the West also and peeps there have much better access to radicalist messages from online sources and some mosques. These so-called islamic preachers have been able to brainwash people to live according to their dictates. Mutallab being called an Alfa while at college in Togo (not Nigeria) is nothing new as he wouldn't be the only one to be addressed as such. From most of the news sources, he spent time in a London university, then to Dubai, Egypt and Yemen. You would see that Nigeria has little or nothing to do with his extreme views because while here he was a very serious muslim and he contacted his dad from Yemen via text message that he want nothing to do with his family.

All I am trying to do is to downplay the influence of Nigeria in the life of this chap before the last moments in which he boarded that plane. Fact remains all Nigerians are going to bear the brunt of Mutallab's actions directly or indirectly.

PS:
For Pete's sake, did you really expect the media to tell you he was radicalized in the UK?
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by gongoaso1: 10:08pm On Dec 28, 2009
Gabry:

I wonder how do Nigerians ever manage to become a terrorist since they are very loudundecided
pardon
can u come again pls tongue
grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by proudly9ja(m): 12:40am On Dec 29, 2009
We too like conspiracy theories. I tell you guys, no matter how much we scream against Africom, the truth is our leaders will sell out once their pockets are greased. What we should work towards is building our country and removing the thugs who call themselves leaders.
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by mamagee3(f): 2:18am On Dec 29, 2009
Americans are cocky lots, End of story! tongue
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by sjeezy8: 2:26am On Dec 29, 2009
True talk I think the American used this oppurtunity to further their cause in Africa. I mean his dad REPORTED HIM to the US authorities months prior, what else can anyone do?

American Govt believe in the whole sacrifice a "few" for a "bigger" cause.
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by Lagosboy: 2:31am On Dec 29, 2009
This is what I and folks like AKEEMOS have been screaming since yesterday. I was tagged a terrorist apologist for raising this issue and making Nigerians aware of the possible fall out of this incident.

Nigerians are to embroiled in stupid emotions and religious hatred or bigotry to make sensible analysis of the fall out of this incident.

Nigerians Beware, Let us resist any foreign intervention like AFRICOM and its like. AFRICOM in Nigeria simply means AL QAEDA in Nigeria. No one wants Nigeria to turn into another Pakistan.

Let us rise above our emotions, tribalism, hatred and use our God given intelligence to analyse issues
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by Nobody: 3:07am On Dec 29, 2009
Wow. I'm so glad to see common sense descend at last on the cacaphony of ignorant self-flagellation among Nigerians following this incident.

Of course this was a false flag event.

The mere case of THREE  security breaches involving Yemen to Lagos, Lagos to Amsterdam, and Amsterdam to Detroit, whereby a guy travels through these airports armed with explosives is enough to convince anyone that something is not quite right about the story.

And what father in Nigeria ever reports his son ''to US authorities''? The US embassy?

The minute I heard that, I was like, ''yeah right. This is a set-up similar to the lies about WMD, and the lies about 9/11. (AN OBVIOUS INSIDE JOB)''

The aim of these CIA orchestrated incidents is to sway the public to allowing more draconian restrictions on freedom, while providing the excuse for military imperialism and occupation of resource rich regions.

One more thing,  why the hell did the suspect not use the toilet?

These ''attempted terrorists'' never seem to do the sensible thing despite going to all the trouble to plan for months and to make world class explosives. Then he sits in the passenger seat among others and lights a match in front of everyone?

Gimme a break.
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by Beaf: 3:16am On Dec 29, 2009
Abeg let us hear word! angry
You people and these rubbish conspiracy theories.
Maybe, some people haven't heard that Yar Adua and the FG have been doing all they can to extend Africom and GWOT to the Gulf of Guinea.

It didn't need any suicide bomber.
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by angel101(f): 4:36pm On Dec 29, 2009
ROSSIKE:

These ''attempted terrorists'' never seem to do the sensible thing despite going to all the trouble to plan for months and to make world class explosives. Then he sits in the passenger seat among others and lights a match in front of everyone?

Gimme a break.

lollllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by crescent(f): 8:39am On Jan 12, 2010
A story will always have two or more side, it is unfair to be satisfy with only one side of story when someone claim to be fair and objective, as a Nigerian like you I think we should be more concerned about the short and long outcome of this incident.

Just like some author opined, the whole story may have more than one side, you can check this out for yourself:

http://panafricannews..com/2009/12/arrest-of-farouk-umar-abdul-mutallab.html

A lot of question are begging for answer
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by bkbaybe99: 9:06am On Jan 12, 2010
I'd like to know why he didn't go in the bathroom, or at least take off his underwear before lighting it on fire. Now poor lil farouk is dickless and nutless!
Re: Nigerian Terrorist: What You Won't Hear In The Media by Beaf: 9:11am On Jan 12, 2010
bk_baybe99:

I'd like to know why he didn't go in the bathroom, or at least take off his underwear before lighting it on fire. Now poor lil farouk is dickless and nutless!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Running Out Of Oil / North is right Nigeria need to divide,south give 30 to 50% oil money By Musiwa / How Far With Our Troops In Mali ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.