Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,866 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Popular Singer's Brother Converts To Islam, - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Popular Singer's Brother Converts To Islam, (1050 Views)

Yetunde Bakare Converts From Islam To Christianity / Bukky Wright Converts To Christianity, Attends Oyedepo’s Church / Kemi Olunloyo Converts To Islam - Fans React (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Popular Singer's Brother Converts To Islam, by ttshems(m): 8:53pm On Apr 04, 2017
Jermaine Jackson, the brother of popular international singer, Micheal Jackson has come out to share his experience on how he converted to Islam and why.

Narrating how the journey to Islam began, he narrated how he went on a tour to some of the countries of the Middle East with his sister in 1989. They however met with some children who welcomed them warmly. During a chat with the children, they were quick to let Jermaine know that they are Muslims with pride. This really shook Jermaine from within.

Then they started telling me about Islam. They were giving me information, much in piece with their age. The pitch of their voice would reveal that they were highly proud of Islam. This is how I paced towards Islam.

'A very short interaction with a group of children ultimately led me to have long discourses about Islam with Muslim scholars. A great ripple had taken place in my thought. I made failing attempt to console myself that nothing had happened but I could not conceal this fact any longer from myself that at heart I had converted to Islam. This I disclosed first to my family friend, Qunber Ali', Jermaine said.

Explaining how he felt after becoming a Muslim, he said:
'Having embraced Islam, I felt as if I were born again. I found in Islam the answers to those queries which I had failed to find in Christianity. Particularly, it was only Islam that provided satisfactory answer to the question relating to the birth of Christ. For the first time I was convinced about the religion itself. I pray my family members might appreciate these facts.'My family is the follower of that cult of Christianity, which is known as AVENDANCE of JEHOVA (Jehovah’s Witness). According to its creeds, only 144,000 men would finally qualify to enter into paradise. How come? It remained always a perplexing creed for me.

'I was surprised to know that the Bible was compiled by so many men, particularly about a volume scripted by King James. I wondered if a man compiles a directory and then ascribes it to God, but he does not fully comply with these directions. During my stay in Saudi Arabia, I have had the opportunity to buy a cassette released by the erstwhile British pop-singer and the present Muslim preacher, Yusuf Islam (formerly Cat Stevens). I learnt a lot from this as well.'
In a separate interview with BBC, Jermaine claimed that his brother, Michael Jackson, would still be alive today if he had converted to Islam.

“I felt that if Michael would have embraced Islam he would still be here today and I say that for many reasons,” said Jermaine in an interview to be broadcast on the BBC World Service on Friday.

“Why? Because when you are 100 per cent clear in your mind as to who you are and what you are and why you are and everybody around you, then things change in a way that’s better for you. It’s just having that strength. God is so powerful", he said.

source : naij.com

1 Like

Re: Popular Singer's Brother Converts To Islam, by ttshems(m): 8:54pm On Apr 04, 2017
smiley

Re: Popular Singer's Brother Converts To Islam, by K9Uneet(m): 8:59pm On Apr 04, 2017
This one wey been done confuse before?
When you ready to tell us true we'll still be here to read. But for now, young (old) man, please don't disturb our airwaves with your attention-seeking confusion.
Re: Popular Singer's Brother Converts To Islam, by farouk0403(m): 9:02pm On Apr 04, 2017
Masha Allah, you made the right choice.

2 Likes

Re: Popular Singer's Brother Converts To Islam, by alfarouq(m): 9:03pm On Apr 04, 2017
Truth has come and falsehood has perished, for falsehood is by nature meant to perish.

1 Like

Re: Popular Singer's Brother Converts To Islam, by nkwako: 10:13pm On Apr 04, 2017
He had been a Muslim for 11 years
Re: Popular Singer's Brother Converts To Islam, by ttshems(m): 12:17pm On Apr 05, 2017
smiley
[/left][left]

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Actress Gets BMW Car From Her Hubby As 30th Birthday Gift(pics) / See Copy Of The Restraining Order Court Served Mercy Aigbe's Abusive Husband / Yemi Alade Wears Ear Molds To Protect Her Hearing Ability

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.