Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,863 members, 7,841,245 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Alarm: Open Letter To Senator Buruji Kasham - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Alarm: Open Letter To Senator Buruji Kasham (612 Views)

How Hausa People Raised Alarm After Sighting Fulani Trucks In Cross River. PICS / Gbenga Daniel And His Fabricated Lies-senator Buruji Kashamu / Why Ogun PDP Caretaker Committee Can't Stand By Senator Buruji Kashamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alarm: Open Letter To Senator Buruji Kasham by richdaddy75: 11:55pm On Apr 04, 2017
I came across this on facebook and I judiciously deem it worthy to bring it here for Sons and Daughters of the town to be aware.

MOD pls do justice, Bravo!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1015923838551995&id=100004031644592&p=34&av=100004031644592&refid=52

----------------------------------------------------
Open Letter To Senator Buruji Kasham
By Dr Saint
Today: Mon; April 3rd, 2017
-----------------------------------------------------
The Honourable Senator,
23 YEARS OF IJEBU IGBO WITHOUT KING
I am compelled to write this open letter to you because of the state of affairs of the Ijebu-Igbo town.
Firstly, I wish to acknowledge that fate has enthroned you in a prime position that could enable you to determine to a large extent the direction Ijebu Igbo affairs could go since your attainment as a Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The indisputable truth is that some may quarrel with your style of politics but your sagacity is never in doubt. Even those who don't see eye to eye with you agree that you are imbued with unusual native intelligence, uncommon people skills and unrivaled foresight. You, more than any other person in Ijebu land, have been the game changer in politics since you returned home years back. It is for these reasons that I have chosen to direct this letter to you, Sir.
My singular purpose is to tug at the strings of your hearts. I am not writing to appeal for partisan considerations but to see, if per chance, I can pour out my heart to you in a manner of speaking.
God has blessed you even beyond your wildest imagination politically. You have installed Governors, Senators, Reps, LG Chairmen, Councilors, and Sir, I'm so optimistic that it's ripped time for you to install KING as well.
Though not everything you wished for in this world that you have gotten, God in his infinite mercies have made you successful. Fortune has smiled on you. Goodwill follows you everywhere you go. You have done very well- more than those politicians the ijebu igbo town has produced. For this cogent reason I hereby crave your indulgence to make a history by appeasing the kingship conflicts as regards Orimolusi of Ijebu Igbo.
It's indeed very expedient to make you know that 23yrs of vacant throne of Orimolusi has contributed woefully to the under development and economic hardship that is chastising the town in this present. democratic dispensation.
In history, this is about the 2nd time the town would be without a monarch. The first was in 1914-1929 when the then monarch died shortly after ascending the throne. This incident led to a loss of interest in the throne and lasted for 15 years until the people cried out to the then British Colonial government for intervention. And now for another 23 years, it calls for a revisit!
The last King Oba Adetayo died in 1994 exactly a year after Chief MKO Abiola visited the town for presidential campaign in 1993 with donation of N50Millions to build Oba palace. That was the era the prestige of the town was commanding honour and value.
Ijebu Igbo is the home town of many illustrous men and women dead and living. The town that has produced Senators, Deputy Governor and great business tycoons. People like the late Abraham Adesanya, Sen Biyi Durojaiye, Micheal Adenuga (GLO), Prof. Babatunde Oshotimehin, Sen. Lekan Mustapha, Sen Kaka, Dr Ademola Babajide etc. I believe this town would have been more developed than this if there had been a king to harmonise and motivate reputable and established Sons and Daughters both ahome and diaspora to salvage the historic town from the brink of extinction.
The selection of a successor after the death of Oba Ikupakode led to serious divisions. It tore the quiet town into half and divided the citizens so much that they were unable to speak with one voice, at least as far as the monarchy issue was concerned.
The most shameful side of the story is the abandoned magnificent Orimolusi palace which has now become an eye sore. The big palace which was once the envy of other neigbouring towns has been abandoned and deserted; it is today a home for wild plants! Trees have sprouted from its walls! The palace that once played hosts to the high and mighty of society, both from home and abroad, has almost turned to an animal pen where all sundry animals go to sleep at night. The once beautiful and massive gate has fallen apart, thus every being has free access to its once hallowed chambers. The palace has become a meeting point for the okada riders.
However, Gov Ibikunle Amosun visited the town shortly after the birth of his administration and admonished the townsfolk demanding for Oba to tell contenders to the throne to resolve their differences amicably and to also withdraw all pending court cases in respect of the Orimolusi stool as the state government would neither impose an Oba on the town nor install one in defiance of pending legal dispute over the throne.
Also, giving insight into the government’s position, the Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Basorun Muyiwa Oladipo, said the pending appeal on the matter tied the hands of the Amosun’s administration which would not take any step in contravention of the Rules of Law.
Oladipo said: “There was a judgment at the Court of Appeal in Ibadan that favoured one of the contestants in 2012. But that judgment had been appealed against at the Supreme Court and until after the determination of the case, we can’t do anything about the installation of the new Orimolusi.
But with the Supreme Court being the final temple to seek justice, it is expected that the forthcoming verdict of the highest court in the land whichever way it tilts to, the town would accept it and move on. But ever since then, no favourable report to rejoice about as the town is at the brink of rotting away in our eyes.
Sir, I advocate for your noble intervention towards installation of an Oba for the stool of Orimolusi with a call on the feuding royal families to sheath their daggers and be patriotic to the historic town for posterity sake. Central Oba is needed to provide the leadership and drive required to wake the ancient town up
from its socio-economic doldrums and position her on the path of peace, unity and progress given its human and natural potentials.
Conclusively, I, at this crucial moment deem it that if there is anyone who has the capacity and influence to still the storm about the town's current kingship predicament, that person is you. This should be the legacy you should think of. This kind legacy will speak volume of your posterity.
Yours Very Sincerely,
Dr Saint

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1015923838551995&id=100004031644592&p=34&av=100004031644592&refid=52

Re: Alarm: Open Letter To Senator Buruji Kasham by richdaddy75: 9:33am On Apr 05, 2017
I pray God to answer their prayers. Itks shameful...!

(1) (Reply)

Telecom Operator Fraud ..HELP NEEDED / Why Is It That Every Nairalander Is Active In The Romance Section? / Tonto Dikeh Vs Mercy Aigbe Who Rocked The Aso Oke Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.