Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

... - Agriculture (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ... (315879 Views)

My Broiler Farm (250 Zartech Broilers) Expected To Raise For 8-10 Weeks / My Broiler Farm Diary / Looking For Marketer's For My Broiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by sammorad(m): 4:26pm On Nov 15, 2018
Jummy2010:

This is the picture of the carcass sir.

I am also standing by to hear Fomaj's deductions (i am ready to learn)

Main while, nest time check the gizzard, if it is greenish and u can see some things like blackish stone, dey are always very small.

I will suspect newcastle.

NOTE: I AVOID DOING DIS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, I ONLY DO IT WHEN I CANNOT GET TO MY VET DOCTOR TO POST FOR ME.

ALWAYS USE PROFESSIONAL VET TO POST
Re: ... by Fomaj: 9:01pm On Nov 15, 2018
I agree with sammorad, post mortem is best done by vets, cause a detailed history plus systematic evaluation of all organs is carried out to unveil the cause of the infection. And from the picture of the few organs displayed, it's hard arriving at a specific cause. However from the history you gave (paralysis, greenish diarrhea) it possibly a case of Newcastle disease as the Nervous system and digestive system are usually affected. A number of disease could present such clinical signs too, so to be safe I'd suggest you consult a vet near you so as to safe the rest birds. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Re: ... by Jummy2010: 11:25pm On Nov 15, 2018
Fomaj:
I agree with sammorad, post mortem is best done by vets, cause a detailed history plus systematic evaluation of all organs is carried out to unveil the cause of the infection. And from the picture of the few organs displayed, it's hard arriving at a specific cause. However from the history you gave (paralysis, greenish diarrhea) it possibly a case of Newcastle disease as the Nervous system and digestive system are usually affected. A number of disease could present such clinical signs too, so to be safe I'd suggest you consult a vet near you so as to safe the rest birds. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Thank you sir, luckily a vet came around this evening to the farm, suggested I continue with the drugs I'm using for now and observe them for three days. He also complained about the cage, he said I should release them to move about till I can get buyers.
Re: ... by Jummy2010: 11:26pm On Nov 15, 2018
sammorad:

I am also standing by to hear Fomaj's deductions (i am ready to learn)

Main while, nest time check the gizzard, if it is greenish and u can see some things like blackish stone, dey are always very small.

I will suspect newcastle.

NOTE: I AVOID DOING DIS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, I ONLY DO IT WHEN I CANNOT GET TO MY VET DOCTOR TO POST FOR ME.

ALWAYS USE PROFESSIONAL VET TO POST
Thank you sir, I really appreciated you.
Re: ... by shehufaruq: 11:48pm On Nov 16, 2018
Is it okay to brood broiler with a lantern?
Re: ... by Nobody: 12:09am On Nov 17, 2018
shehufaruq:
Its ok as long as the room is well ventilated. Never seal all the windows when brooding. Many people on this forum do that mistake. If you brood wrongly, you will get wrong results.

2 Likes

Re: ... by shehufaruq: 2:15am On Nov 17, 2018
Thank you sir
Re: ... by shehufaruq: 8:01am On Nov 17, 2018
What do you know about fucile tablet and Garlic mixed in DOC water? And can I put garlic on the first day and still give the Multivitamin
Re: ... by yusufidoko: 12:47pm On Nov 17, 2018
GOOD DAY HOUSE PLS ANY HERBAL REMEDY TO DE WORM BROILERS THANKS
Re: ... by orpeeh: 6:03am On Nov 19, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Its ok as long as the room is well ventilated. Never seal all the windows when brooding. Many people on this forum do that mistake. If you brood wrongly, you will get wrong results.
Pls what's the organic solution of bloody feaces, is it a sign of Newcastle or coccidiosis?cc oga emmachile, oga turks
Re: ... by Turks: 7:08am On Nov 21, 2018
Administer Apple Cider Vinegar. Works like magic
orpeeh:
Pls what's the organic solution of bloody feaces, is it a sign of Newcastle or coccidiosis?cc oga emmachile, oga turks
Re: ... by kripen(m): 8:27am On Nov 21, 2018
yusufidoko:

Use ginger or dry paw paw seed add it to their feed or water
Re: ... by yusufidoko: 9:17am On Nov 21, 2018
kripen:

Use ginger or dry paw paw seed add it to their feed or water
THANK GOD BLESS
Re: ... by Turks: 9:55am On Nov 21, 2018
Garlic
Pawpaw seeds
Onions

These are natural work expellers in poultry.
yusufidoko:
Re: ... by Turks: 9:57am On Nov 21, 2018
No it’s not

Carbon monoxide being emitted from the lantern causes respiratory issues for the birds before they leave the brooding house and might manifest therein after they leave the brooding house.
shehufaruq:
Re: ... by FlintGuevara(m): 11:57am On Nov 21, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Yes. Push the gumboro vaccine two days after.
I promised to update you on the welfare of my birds. They are 4 weeks and two days today. They are all doing well, save for one that's deformed, I didn't know I was to administer calcium. I plan on culling the deformed bird as it's suffering. Thanks for your advice that helped save my birds from the onslaught of coccidiosis.
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 8:32pm On Nov 21, 2018
Good day house, please I'd like to know if coccidiosis is possible by day 3 in broilers,
And what the symptoms would be like, please a prompt response is needed
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 8:43pm On Nov 21, 2018
ezkimow:
Good day house, please I'd like to know if coccidiosis is possible by day 3 in broilers,

They have been on gentadox since day2, they are 3 days old today, they appear less active, with some standing and sleeping, and generally they are sleeping too much for my liking, I also noticed what appeared to look like blood, some dropings come out foamy and are yellowish-brown ,others look like mucus - I just withdrew the gentadox this evening, planning to replace it with Amprocox later in the night - any suggestions are welcome
Re: ... by noblealuu: 10:01pm On Nov 21, 2018
[quote author=Turks post=73165115]Garlic
Pawpaw seeds
Onions

These are natural work expellers in poultry. [/quote

Dosage please...
Re: ... by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 22, 2018
ezkimow:
Yes it possible but most times, it could be a disease called pollarum with whitish anus.

You can combine both antibiotics and anticocci to treat general infection but I advise you use drugs like admacine during brooding to act as a broad spectrum antibiotic, anticocci and antiviral drug.
Re: ... by GeeCee(m): 5:06pm On Nov 22, 2018
Please experts, how many bags of feed will be required to feed 50 pullets from day old to 16 weeks?
Thanks.
Re: ... by potosky: 7:02pm On Nov 22, 2018
Almost ready to join the club. Expecting my birds from Turks tomorrow. Hope supreme feed is good?
Re: ... by obstead200(m): 8:00pm On Nov 22, 2018
Jummy2010:
Please oga emmachile I need ur help sir,what can I use to treat marek organically cos I have lost twenty 10 weeks broilers to the disease and still counting. Please sir your help is urgently needed. Thank you
to the best of my knowledge, mareks do not attack birds older than 3 weeks. I might be wrong though
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 12:17am On Nov 23, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Yes it possible but most times, it could be a disease called pollarum with whitish anus.

You can combine both antibiotics and anticocci to treat general infection but I advise you use drugs like admacine during brooding to act as a broad spectrum antibiotic, anticocci and antiviral drug.

OK, thanks a lot for your response, I would have suspected pullorum, but their vents are clean & clear, and their droppings are not whitish-creamy in texture that's y I suspected Cox, I ended up administering center-dicox to them, but without vitamins, as I learnt some of the eimeria spp responsible for the cocci use up some B vitamins for their metabolism or so, and may affect the efficacy of the drug, though dey specified this process for Amprolium based Anti-cocci.
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 12:36am On Nov 23, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

You can combine both antibiotics and anticocci to treat general infection [b]but I advise you use drugs like admacine [/b]during brooding to act as a broad spectrum antibiotic, anticocci and antiviral drug.

@ Oga Emma, how is one supposed to use the Admacine, is it as a stand alone medication, or in combination with other drugs?
Secondly, I have one issue that lm not sure/clear about -
1) when giving birds drugs, are they to have the drugs in the drinker for the whole day, or for some hours each day
2)when giving drugs and vitamins on the same day is it OK to mix in same solution, or should dey b given separately at different times?(I've been mixing together)
Re: ... by GeeCee(m): 5:34am On Nov 23, 2018
GeeCee:
Please experts, how many bags of feed will be required to feed 50 pullets from day old to 16 weeks?
Thanks.
Please answer a brother.
Re: ... by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 23, 2018
ezkimow:

@ Oga Emma, how is one supposed to use the Admacine, is it as a stand alone medication, or in combination with other drugs?
Secondly, I have one issue that lm not sure/clear about -
1) when giving birds drugs, are they to have the drugs in the drinker for the whole day, or for some hours each day
2)when giving drugs and vitamins on the same day is it OK to mix in same solution, or should dey b given separately at different times?(I've been mixing together)
1. Depends on age and weight. I normally estimate 3 litres volume for a park of 50 broilers for like 4-5 weeks. After that, give fresh water.
2. Mix in same solution.

Admacine can be combined with other drugs but its best served alone. Just follow the dosage.
Re: ... by ezkimow(m): 6:57am On Nov 23, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

1. Depends on age and weight. I normally estimate 3 litres volume for a park of 50 broilers for like 4-5 weeks. After that, give fresh water.
2. Mix in same solution.

Admacine can be combined with other drugs but its best served alone. Just follow the dosage.

Thanks so much Sir, ur responses are highly appreciated - God bless you smiley
Re: ... by potosky: 3:10am On Nov 24, 2018
Correction please. Took the picture yesterday

Re: ... by Chibenze(m): 8:15am On Nov 24, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

2. Mix in same solution.

hello sir, should Admacine be added to their feed or water?
Re: ... by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 24, 2018
potosky:
Correction please. Took the picture yesterday
From which hatchery?
Will likely raise Zartech or Agrited in my surgeon using only organic means after the first week. More of can it be done with one herb outside probotics? Though drugs will be on standby.

I will be using KBC10, Maize and Soyabean meal for first 2 weeks and the rest will be full fat soyabeans. Pawpaw will be used as a probotics, digester, and anticocci using the leafs, seeds and fruits possibly.
Re: ... by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 24, 2018
Chibenze:

hello sir, should Admacine be added to their feed or water?
Water

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (104) (Reply)

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.