Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

... - Agriculture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ... (315859 Views)

My Broiler Farm (250 Zartech Broilers) Expected To Raise For 8-10 Weeks / My Broiler Farm Diary / Looking For Marketer's For My Broiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by obiageIi(f): 11:28am On Oct 20, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

From the 30th day averagely
Oh really, thanks. If I am doing 42day, that's just 12day of finisher, that's interesting
Re: ... by Hammedadetayo(m): 11:35am On Oct 20, 2017
obiageIi:

No I don't but I don't do antibiotics beyond the first 5days

Okay .... I most say ma'am that pics u uploaded has really ginger me. keep the good work going.
one more thing ma'am, how do you go abt clean and changing of litters? I doubt if it going to be a easy task
Re: ... by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 20, 2017
Theflint1:
24 bags for the 10 weeks or for the remaining time?
24 bags for 10 weeks
Re: ... by obiageIi(f): 12:27pm On Oct 20, 2017
Hammedadetayo:

Okay .... I most say ma'am that pics u uploaded has really ginger me. keep the good work going.
one more thing ma'am, how do you go abt clean and changing of litters? I doubt if it going to be a easy task
I change the litters after sale, I use them on my crop farm.

Thanks for the kind words.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ... by ifysimple(f): 4:02pm On Oct 20, 2017
Chikach:
Pls Who here has an experience with Obj maleLine..... I have a few questions
1. Are the birds all male briolers?
2. I heard the have generic CRD (cough), How did you take care of this cough.
3. How is the broading mortality rate.

I heard its marshal strain, and it grows very well but the management is the real wahala

Thats the breed i have now. Obj male line. my birds are 2 weeks today. this is my first time into poultry. i ordered 1 carton of it ie 50doc.
the way i m seeing them, its like they are all male. i have not seen any sign of crd on them. i m rearing them organically. On the brooding, after 1 wèek and some days i noticed they don't need much heat again. They added extra one for me in the cartoon making it 51doc. i lost one same day may be because of transportation stress. since them no mortality again so i still have 50 of them. 2wks today.
Re: ... by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 20, 2017
ifysimple:

Thats the breed i have now. Obj male line. my birds are 2 weeks today. this is my first time into poultry. i ordered 1 carton of it ie 50doc.
the way i m seeing them, its like they are all male. i have not seen any sign of crd on them. i m rearing them organically. On the brooding, after 1 wèek and some days i noticed they don't need much heat again. They added extra one for me in the cartoon making it 51doc. i lost one same day may be because of transportation stress. since them no mortality again so i still have 50 of them. 2wks today.
Marshall should be same as Ross 308 broilers strain then. After 6 days, they did not need heat again. The Ross 308 hardly pants even in temperature of over 35c. It's incredible.
Re: ... by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 20, 2017
ifysimple:

Try and let's see a picture. It will go a long way to market Obasanjo farm products which hitherto has been perceived to be poor in rearing.
Re: ... by Hammedadetayo(m): 5:27pm On Oct 20, 2017
obiageIi:

Okay .... now I get it, thanks for the prompt response. i av learnt something new from you today. More blessing ma'am
Re: ... by Hammedadetayo(m): 5:40pm On Oct 20, 2017
obiageIi:

If you won't mind ma'am, could you pls enlighten me on how you manage those litter for 7wks without being infected with bad microbe and foul odour?
Re: ... by shakyriri: 8:21pm On Oct 20, 2017
obiageIi:

We actually did the pipe works ourselves, I used stands and some suspension to get it right, I will get you pictures of how we did when I get to the farm on Monday.

You need to get original pipes, they are lost thicker and stronger than the regular ones, you can bend them without breaking.

I didn't use water pump, I got a big tank and raised it very high, that way I get a lot of pressure that I can control with an air valve.
God bless u ma.am grateful for your response.i will await pictures.
I have just bought the white tiger pipes that they use for borehole.they are rubber and look sturdy.
It's just installations now
Re: ... by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 20, 2017
I am discontinuing sharivit because my chicks have watery stool whenever they take it.

May buy Vitalyte or Powervite tomorrow. No more gambling of multivitamins. For now, contented with my moringa leaf extract which can also act as a multivitamin.
Re: ... by Chikach: 8:42pm On Oct 20, 2017
Do you give immucox vaccines? This 1 that you dont change litters

obiageIi:

Re: ... by Chikach: 8:43pm On Oct 20, 2017
I will be so glad to see some photos

ifysimple:

Re: ... by ifysimple(f): 1:32pm On Oct 21, 2017
Chikach:
I will be so glad to see some photos

ok

Re: ... by ifysimple(f): 1:42pm On Oct 21, 2017
day old

Re: ... by ifysimple(f): 1:43pm On Oct 21, 2017
to send the pics sef

1 Like

Re: ... by ifysimple(f): 1:44pm On Oct 21, 2017
2wks. yest

Re: ... by ifysimple(f): 1:46pm On Oct 21, 2017
today. this one is the biggest weighing 500g

Re: ... by obiageIi(f): 3:12pm On Oct 21, 2017
shakyriri:

God bless u ma.am grateful for your response.i will await pictures.
I have just bought the white tiger pipes that they use for borehole.they are rubber and look sturdy.
It's just installations now
Great
Re: ... by obiageIi(f): 3:18pm On Oct 21, 2017
Hammedadetayo:

If you won't mind ma'am, could you pls enlighten me on how you manage those litter for 7wks without being infected with bad microbe and foul odour?

Chikach:
Do you give immucox vaccines? This 1 that you dont change litters

I use enzymes in my feed, they help breakdown nutrients for better utilisation by the birds, most importantly nitrous that helps form amonnia. Enzymes also keep their stool dry and hard.

2 Likes

Re: ... by obiageIi(f): 3:21pm On Oct 21, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Marshall should be same as Ross 308 broilers strain then. After 6 days, they did not need heat again. The Ross 308 hardly pants even in temperature of over 35c. It's incredible.
I can't wait to try them out

1 Like

Re: ... by obiageIi(f): 3:23pm On Oct 21, 2017
ifysimple:

Pls share pictures if can
Re: ... by obiageIi(f): 3:25pm On Oct 21, 2017
ifysimple:
ok
Nice, they look good

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 21, 2017
obiageIi:

I use enzymes in my feed, they help breakdown nutrients for better utilisation by the birds, most importantly nitrous that helps form amonnia. Enzymes also keep their stool dry and hard.
How much is this particular enzyme? Means you also formulate your feed?
Re: ... by obiageIi(f): 7:03pm On Oct 21, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

How much is this particular enzyme? Means you also formulate your feed?
Its about 4,000 naira per kg, application is 350g/tonne.

Yes I formulate my feed
Re: ... by Smartademu(m): 7:59pm On Oct 21, 2017
obiageIi:

How I gët this enzyme, my ister?
Re: ... by Alennsar(f): 9:21pm On Oct 21, 2017
please I dont. understand my agrited chicks dey are not. growing like OBJ specie but they re very strong.

pics at six wks and 4 days

Re: ... by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 22, 2017
Alennsar:
please I dont. understand my agrited chicks dey are not. growing like OBJ specie but they re very strong.

pics at six wks and 4 days
They are still OK. What feed are you using and hope its finisher.
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 22, 2017
Day 16
I modified my herbs a little and bought powervit to supplement.
Dosage: 40ml/1 litre per 20 broilers in 3 days. In between those days, I give powervit multivitamin.

For 100 broilers, dose will be 200ml/5 litres in 3 days eg Monday, Wednesday and Fridays

Mixture this time: moringa + cashew leaves + pawpaw leaves in ratio 2:2:1

Have been using for a week now. I simply blended the leaves and boiled for 5 minutes. Allow to cool, sieve and refrigerated it. I have about 2 litres of the mixture in my fridge now.

Advantage of the mixture: Less reliance on antibiotic or any drug including anti cocci, deworming ones.

Side effect of the drug: The chicks will take more water than normal just like when a person takes moringa.

My take is this; herbs are best used to prevent and not cure. If I leave my litter to long, I see the chicks trying to develop diarrhoea (watery stool) which will take the herbs a longer time (2 days or more) to stop unlike conventional drugs (instantly). But if you are consistent in applying the herbs in water, and the house clean, you might not use conventional drugs.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ... by shakyriri: 10:35am On Oct 22, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
Day 16
I modified my herbs a little and bought powervit to supplement.
Dosage: 40ml/1 litre per 20 broilers in 3 days. In between those days, I give powervit multivitamin.

For 100 broilers, dose will be 200ml/5 litres in 3 days eg Monday, Wednesday and Fridays

Mixture this time: moringa + cashew leaves + pawpaw leaves in ratio 2:2:1

Have been using for a week now. I simply blended the leaves and boiled for 5 minutes. Allow to cool, sieve and refrigerated it. I have about 2 litres of the mixture in my fridge now.

Advantage of the mixture: Less reliance on antibiotic or any drug including anti cocci, deworming ones.

Side effect of the drug: The chicks will take more water than normal just like when a person takes moringa.

My take is this; herbs are best used to prevent and not cure. If I leave my litter to long, I see the chicks trying to develop diarrhoea (watery stool) which will take the herbs a longer time (2 days or more) to stop unlike conventional drugs (instantly). But if you are consistent in applying the herbs in water, and the house clean, you might not use conventional drugs.
Now you are talking.slow down on the moringa Pls .it causes weight shed for birds.do you serve fresh or air dried?
Re: ... by Theflint1(m): 11:00am On Oct 22, 2017
Bosses, my birds at 3 weeks and five days. Any comments?

Re: ... by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 22, 2017
shakyriri:

Now you are talking.slow down on the moringa Pls .it causes weight shed for birds.do you serve fresh or air dried?
I boiled the fresh leaves after blending. I served and break in between days. When I raised 12 week old broilers to 22 weeks, they were OK though on free range on 3 days continuous per week.

Moringa if applied with the right dosage doesn't lead to weight shed. What it does is, it makes the chicks consume less feed and a have a higher fcr.

With this little chicks, applying in small dosage will be key as the recommended dose from scholars range from 40ml to 100ml max per litre. I went with the lowest dosage though still supplemented with multivitamin.
I have not given any drugs since inception and hope to leave it that way.
I weighed one on day 15 and it was about 0.5kg. I still think they are on track.

I am about finishing the third bag today and I went with the new feed in town by Olam (Chikun feed)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (104) (Reply)

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.