Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,154 members, 7,953,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:53 PM

Lawyer Agrees To Divorce Wife, Demands N400,000 Dowry Refund - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lawyer Agrees To Divorce Wife, Demands N400,000 Dowry Refund (528 Views)

My Wife Demands ‘bribe’ Before Sex, Says Pastor / No Money No Sex: Zimbabwean Wife Demands Money From Husband Before Having Sex / My Wife Demands N500 Before Sex, Man Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lawyer Agrees To Divorce Wife, Demands N400,000 Dowry Refund by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 05, 2017
A 30-year old lawyer, Usman Ahmed, on Tuesday asked his 25-year old wife, Zainab Abdulkadir, to refund the N400,000 dowry paid on her as a condition for divorce.

Ahmed made the request when he appeared before a Jos Upper Area Court, where Zainab filed a suit seeking dissolution of the marriage.

Zainab had sought dissolution of the marriage for lack of interest by her husband. The petitioner, through her counsel, Mr. Bala Bako, told the court, "My client is no longer interested in the marriage. She is seeking a divorce from her husband."

But counsel to the respondent, Mr. M.K. Idoko, told the court to prevail on the petitioner to refund the dowry paid on her. He said the petitioner deserted the respondent when he was writing his final examination at the Law School.

"My Lord, my client's wife decided on her own to leave her matrimonial home while her husband was away to Law School writing his final examination. He (husband) tried to no avail to reconcile with her; but since she is the one willing to leave, she should refund the N400,000 paid on her as dowry.

"By Islamic injunctions, she is to refund the exact dowry or even more, depending on the negotiation the two families reached," he argued.

Odili.net/news/source/2017/apr/4/837.html
Re: Lawyer Agrees To Divorce Wife, Demands N400,000 Dowry Refund by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:41pm On Apr 05, 2017
Of course she should refund the dowry, if not, imagine all the golddigging broke aasss women who will get married solely to get the dowry, and quickly divorce!

She should also be made to pay half of what was spent for the wedding ceremony.

(1) (Reply)

Yeast And Staph Infections / You Don't Check Your Pulse Regularly?..see Why It's Important! / "God Hates Divorce Not The Divorcee" Nigeria Gospel Singer And Evangelist Blast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.