Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,389 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

L.f Scolari Turns Down Juve - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / L.f Scolari Turns Down Juve (531 Views)

Scolari Slams Mourinho Over Neymar Comments / Drogba, Cech Forced Me Out Of Chelsea—scolari / Chelsea Manager Felipe Luiz Scolari Sacked After Players Revolt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

L.f Scolari Turns Down Juve by AndreUweh(m): 11:51pm On Dec 27, 2009
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/luiz-felipe-scolari-i-rejected-juventus-1851387.html
Juventus'
Luiz Felipe Scolari claims he has turned down an offer to coach Juventus in favour of remaining at Bunyodkor.
Speculation has been rife that Scolari is set to replace the under-fire Ciro Ferrara at the helm of the Bianconeri, who have lost five of their last six matches.
However, the former Chelsea manager insists he will see out his contract with the Uzbek club.
"Yes, I have got a proposal from Juventus, but I rejected it, because I am completely satisfied with conditions at Bunyodkor," Scolari told the club's official website http://www.fcbunyodkor.com.
"I have everything I need to be effective and work comfortably, so I will stay in Uzbekistan till my contract with Bunyodkor expires, even if I receive an interesting proposal in future."
Scolari signed an 18-month contract with Bunyodkor when he took charge in the summer and the 61-year-old is reportedly among the highest-paid managers in world football.
The Brazilian, who guided his country to World Cup glory in 2002, was in charge of Chelsea for seven months last season before being sacked following a run of bad results.
Re: L.f Scolari Turns Down Juve by AndreUweh(m): 11:53pm On Dec 27, 2009
I think he has got this fear of failing in a top European clubside. What do you think?.

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Hold No Secrets For Mourinho / Italy Why?, Why? Sop! You Have Driven The Best Coach In The World Away. / Who Will Win Copa Del Ray?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.