Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Skin Care Clinic - Daily Info And Trends For A Glowing Skin - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Skin Care Clinic - Daily Info And Trends For A Glowing Skin (1307 Views)

4-year-old South African Girl Destroys The Dance Floor, Trends Online. Reactions / Hilarious Tweets As NIGERIAN MUM Trends On Twitter. / Little Girls Reaction To Moms Threat After She Stole A Candy Trends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Skin Care Clinic - Daily Info And Trends For A Glowing Skin by careercoach(f): 10:07am On Apr 05, 2017
Topic For Today

Skin Type 1: Sensitive Skin

Drink Lemon Water Daily

Those who have sensitive skin must start their day with a glass of lemon water. The vitamin C as well as other antioxidants in lemon help combat free-radical damage. In addition, lemon water purges toxins from your blood, which helps keep the skin glowing and free from acne, blemishes, wrinkles and other problems.

To make lemon water, squeeze the juice from ½ lemon into a glass of lukewarm water. Add a little raw honey and drink it on an empty stomach every morning. Wait at least 30 minutes, then enjoy your breakfast.

In addition, drink water throughout the day at regular intervals to keep your skin hydrated and moisturized from within. It also helps the body flush out toxins.

If you have any question pls feel free to ask me on this trend.

Re: Skin Care Clinic - Daily Info And Trends For A Glowing Skin by Cherie69: 10:18pm On Apr 05, 2017
I have this patch of black colour on the side of each eye I don't know what to use to clear it. Somebody help
Re: Skin Care Clinic - Daily Info And Trends For A Glowing Skin by careercoach(f): 11:40am On Apr 09, 2017
Rose Water

Rose water is a gentle ingredient with fabulous skin-enhancing benefits that can lighten dark circles under the eyes. Being a rich source of antioxidants, rose water can help strengthen skin cells, regenerate skin tissue and rejuvenate the skin around the eyes.

Dip clean cotton balls in rose water and place them over your eyes.
Leave them on for about 15 minutes and then wash the area with lukewarm water.
Do this once in the morning and once in the evening, every day for two weeks.

Almond Oil

Almond oil is also very effective in lightening the skin color around the eyes. Being rich in nourishing vitamins and minerals, almond oil can replenish and rejuvenate the delicate skin and keep it moisturized.

Lightly massage five or six drops of almond oil into the delicate skin under the eyes before going to bed. Leave it on overnight and wash it off with cold water the next morning. Follow this remedy daily until the dark circles disappear almost entirely.

Alternatively, mix five or six drops of almond oil with one tablespoon of raw honey. Apply it carefully on the skin under the eyes before going to bed. Leave it on overnight and then wash with lukewarm water the next morning. Repeat daily until you get the desired results.

Cucumber

Cucumbers have cooling as well as astringent properties and hence they are widely used to treat dark circles. They can lighten the color of the skin, increase blood flow and reduce puffiness.

Cut a cucumber into thick slices and chill them in the refrigerator. Place a cool cucumber slice over each eye for 10 to 15 minutes. Then wash the area with lukewarm water. Do this twice daily for at least a week to notice changes.
Grate a small cucumber, extract the juice and refrigerate it for a few minutes. Dip a cotton ball in the juice and apply it under the eyes. Allow the skin to absorb the juice for about 15 minutes. Then wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this twice daily for a week.

Another way to treat dark circles is to mix cucumber juice with lemon juice in equal quantities, then apply it on the skin near the eyes using a cotton ball. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with water. Do this once daily for eight to 10 days.
Re: Skin Care Clinic - Daily Info And Trends For A Glowing Skin by careercoach(f): 2:40pm On Apr 10, 2017
Due to constant exposure to harmful ultraviolet A and B (UVA and UVB) rays of the sun, the skin produces more melanin to protect itself. More melanin leads to darker skin, especially on the hands and feet if not protected by clothes or footwear.

Along with sun exposure, darkened skin can be due to dirt, pollution and exposure to harmful chemicals.

Here are the top 2 ways to lighten your dark hands and feet.

1. Lemons

Lemons are an inexpensive remedy for lightening and brightening the skin of your hands and feet. Their acidic property works as a natural bleaching agent.

Being rich in vitamin C, lemons help get rid of dead skin cells and improve overall skin tone. It aids in new cell growth and gives a lighter skin tone.

Sprinkle some sugar on a halved piece of lemon. Scrub the skin with it to get rid of dirt and dead skin cells. Then, leave it on for 10 minutes before rinsing it off. Do this once a week.
Another option is to mix equal amounts of lemon juice and honey thoroughly. Apply it on your hands and feet. Allow it to sit for 15 minutes, then rinse it off with water. Do this twice daily.
Note: After using lemon remedies, apply a good moisturizer so that your skin doesn’t get dry. Also, avoid direct sunlight for at least 1 to 2 hours.

2. Yogurt

The presence of lactic acid in yogurt makes it an effective bleaching agent that aids in lightening skin color. The lactic acid can remove the top layer of dead skin cells to alleviate dry, scaly or darkened skin.

Plus, the proteins and vitamins in yogurt keep your skin soft and glowing.

Smear some plain yogurt on the darkened skin areas and massage for a few minutes. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse it off with plain water. Use this remedy 1 or 2 times daily to improve your skin tone.
Another option is to blend equal amounts of yogurt and rose water, then mix in 1 teaspoon of vegetable glycerin. Massage your hands and feet with it until fully absorbed. Leave it on overnight and rinse it off with cool water the next morning. Repeat once daily before going to bed.
Re: Skin Care Clinic - Daily Info And Trends For A Glowing Skin by Ayofaks(f): 5:22pm On Apr 10, 2017
careercoach:
Topic For Today

Skin Type 1: Sensitive Skin

Drink Lemon Water Daily

Those who have sensitive skin must start their day with a glass of lemon water. The vitamin C as well as other antioxidants in lemon help combat free-radical damage. In addition, lemon water purges toxins from your blood, which helps keep the skin glowing and free from acne, blemishes, wrinkles and other problems.

To make lemon water, squeeze the juice from ½ lemon into a glass of lukewarm water. Add a little raw honey and drink it on an empty stomach every morning. Wait at least 30 minutes, then enjoy your breakfast.

In addition, drink water throughout the day at regular intervals to keep your skin hydrated and moisturized from within. It also helps the body flush out toxins.

If you have any question pls feel free to ask me on this trend.
Sensitive skin is not a skin type. It's a skin condition. Skin types are Normal skin, Oily Skin, Dry Skin and Combination skin...just to correct the misinformation.
Re: Skin Care Clinic - Daily Info And Trends For A Glowing Skin by careercoach(f): 9:48am On Apr 12, 2017
Thank you ayofaks for ur contribution offcourse sensitive skin is a condition. If u read clearly u'll notice i never listed different types of skin types i only discussed on sensitive skin in response to the question asked by most of my clients when they visit my office. Anyways, thank you for making it clear to those who did not understand earlier.
Re: Skin Care Clinic - Daily Info And Trends For A Glowing Skin by Ayofaks(f): 3:48pm On Apr 12, 2017
Cherie69:
I have this patch of black colour on the side of each eye I don't know what to use to clear it. Somebody help
That's sunburn...do you use toning/lightening cream
Re: Skin Care Clinic - Daily Info And Trends For A Glowing Skin by Ayofaks(f): 3:49pm On Apr 12, 2017
careercoach:
Thank you ayofaks for ur contribution offcourse sensitive skin is a condition. If u read clearly u'll notice i never listed different types of skin types i only discussed on sensitive skin in response to the question asked by most of my clients when they visit my office. Anyways, thank you for making it clear to those who did not understand earlier.
Alright...you're welcome.
Re: Skin Care Clinic - Daily Info And Trends For A Glowing Skin by careercoach(f): 7:48am On Apr 17, 2017
Body Odour Treatment

Occasional, mild body odor is normal, but excessive or unpleasant body odor can be a source of great discomfort for others and very embarrassing for you.

Strong and unpleasant odor emanates from the body when the sweat glands are overactive. But it is not sweat that causes body odor. The unpleasant odor occurs when sweat mixes with bacteria. The bacteria that cause odor grow quickly in a warm, moist environment.

Some other causes of offensive body odor include poor hygiene, nutrient deficiencies, gastrointestinal problems like chronic constipation, and underlying medical problems, such as genetic metabolic disorders, liver disease, or diabetes.

Apple Cider Vinegar

Apple cider vinegar is a powerful bacteria-fighting ingredient. It also helps eliminate body odor by balancing the pH level of your skin.

Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and rub it on your underarms. Wait two to three minutes and then take your shower. Follow this remedy twice daily, once in the morning and again before going to bed, until you notice improvement.

Alternatively, add one cup of apple cider vinegar to lukewarm bath water. Soak in this water for 10 minutes once daily.

You can also add two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar along with a little honey to a glass of warm water. Drink it three times daily before eating your meals.
Re: Skin Care Clinic - Daily Info And Trends For A Glowing Skin by Cherie69: 2:34pm On May 07, 2017
Ayofaks:
That's sunburn...do you use toning/lightening cream
none of the above ooo

(1) (Reply)

2018 NLNG Scholarship Program For Nigerian Undergraduate Students / Condition For Divorce In Ghana, Do You Think we should adopt this in naija? / Tragedy As A Nigerian Lady Dies A Day To Her Wedding(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.