Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,760 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:15 AM

How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund (34276 Views)

Anger As FG Recalls N14.9bn Paris Club Refund From Benue / Paris Club Refund: Governors Angry Over N16.67bn Secret Payment To Osun / Fayose Receives N4.7bn Paris Club Fund From FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by ElSherriff: 5:33pm On Apr 05, 2017
oya sorry sir. no vex. i aplogize.
amanikondo:

You insulted me and you are preaching to me to do away with insult 'Even you with less than average IQ'. I am glad you did not reply back with insult. By the way, he should not be celebrated.

1 Like

Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by Bash92(m): 5:33pm On Apr 05, 2017
maasoap:
Ogaaa 2014? You should have said 2010.
Typo error post edited meant 2015. Are they being paid half salary or not ?
Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by 4dor: 5:34pm On Apr 05, 2017
Yorubaangel:
and the state is still owning workers of more than 6months salary....

This is a lie!
Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by amanikondo: 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2017
ElSherriff:
oya sorry sir. no vex. i aplogize.
You are welcome. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by ElSherriff: 5:37pm On Apr 05, 2017
Say sorry too jare
amanikondo:
You are welcome. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by damilton(m): 5:43pm On Apr 05, 2017
WorldRichest:
Money that is supposed to be used for Capital project is used for recurrent expenditure. Is that how the state will develop?

so workers should die of hunger. now i see how mumu you are
Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by Jayboi(m): 5:47pm On Apr 05, 2017
4dor:

This is a lie!
half salary frm 2015 to 2016 is 6 months salary. and thats been the trend since. its for level 8 and above tho
Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by fakati(m): 6:00pm On Apr 05, 2017
You mean workers should not be paid their salaries?
Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by Princesslomo: 6:09pm On Apr 05, 2017
Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by Princesslomo: 6:13pm On Apr 05, 2017
Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by k9ine(m): 6:21pm On Apr 05, 2017
It's sad that such funds were expended on recurrent expenditure rather than capital expenditure which is a productive thing.
However, in the light of facts that the Osun State government was owing a treacherous backlog of salaries and pensions, it was only sensible to pay workers and pensioners. If not there may arisr a civil unrest that could tear down the state.

All of these technically speaking goes to show that the state has very poor financial management. It's highly recommended that governments spend more on capital expenditure rather than recurrent, because of the production ventures that arise from it. In fact, that is what Nigeria needs to do.
Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by amanikondo: 6:26pm On Apr 05, 2017
ElSherriff:
Say sorry too jare
lol. Sorry. Pele. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by sshalom(m): 6:28pm On Apr 05, 2017
No one will argue against the fact that it is important to pay salaries, leave bonuses and pensions. It is however imperative to define ways through which bogus recurrent expenditures can be minimized towards accommodating more productive spending.
Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by ariesbull: 6:47pm On Apr 05, 2017
jr4u2:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/osun-spent-n11-7bn-paris-club-refund-govt/

This is Yoruba economic management in exhibition. Just look at Kemi

Pls where is Soludo and Ogwuma
Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by ariesbull: 6:48pm On Apr 05, 2017
sshalom:
No one will argue against the fact that it is important to pay salaries, leave bonuses and pensions. It is however imperative to define ways through which bogus recurrent expenditures can be minimized towards accommodating more productive spending.

Bullshlt....Salary is recurrent and it's not a nice way to go....Invest the money in infrastructural development and education....Look at startups then salary will come last
Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by Ogunleti01: 6:52pm On Apr 05, 2017
WorldRichest:
Money that is supposed to be used for Capital project is used for recurrent expenditure. Is that how the state will develop?
continue building bridges while citizens are dying of hunger everyday. Stuwpid talk
Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by tico1212(m): 6:56pm On Apr 05, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
nigger
Osun is not paying half salary.
It has been debunked here several times.

Don't just go about regurgitating what pdp and liepob put in to your head. A simple nairaland search would have set you straight gees.

Stop embarrassing yourself. If you don't work there or knows anything about the state. Just keep mute. The lady is right
Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by Emerituz(m): 6:58pm On Apr 05, 2017
WorldRichest:
Wetin go satisfy these wailers sef?
I guess death.
Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by intruxive(m): 7:12pm On Apr 05, 2017
ElSherriff:
SO Rauf pays you for replying every post on Nairaland that Osun is owing only one month? he is such as arse. Edo State where I hail from owes zero salaries up to the local governments. IF he is so prudent he will not wait on loan refunds to pay salaries and still have the audacity to owe one month. We indulge these people too much. Paying salaries is zero work, just automate the payroll system and only computers can do it, so when your Ogbeniburuku pays salaries with a largesse and you come here trying to coerce everybody into your senselessness, remember some persons dont give a Bleep even when they got many...Bloody Afonja.
Even you with less than average IQ can pay salaries consistently, meaning its no big deal.

edo state loan is not even local. Adam oshomole took loan just a couple of years ago from world bank, with federal aproval
Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 05, 2017
This one is a retarde.d fellow.
MutantMetahuman:
stop babbling

Osun is owing one month outstanding salary.

www.nairaland.com/3682219/current-status-workers-salaries-south

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by Reference(m): 7:29pm On Apr 05, 2017
Exactly what do these so called civil servants do that they consume such a huge amount of resources. Honestly restructuring is the only way out of this mess. I am dead sure that half these civil servants are just replicas of what 'other states are doing', not that Osun state may really need them or obtains value for such scarce resources. If I was to be governor for just six months I will halve that wage bill by making every single MDA a commercial, revenue generating entity and I will give them a further six months to generate a minimum of 60 percent of their expenditure including wages or be closed finally. When you remove security which is on the exclusive list of the Federal Government every other parastatal including the Judiciary generates revenue. Why they cannot pay their way baffles me in a high populated country such as ours. Can anyone mention a single MDA that cannot be a business entity, run like a proper corporation and earning the government generous income. But this unsustainable feeding bottle structure we have presently is killing us. It is because of the useless free this free that socio-political electioneering policies that cause this financial conundrum. The people become irresponsible, breed like rats and cast their offspiring on society via the government.

May the era of free oil resources end. We can never develop this way.
Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by tsirin(f): 7:44pm On Apr 05, 2017
From the Paris Fund, the memo that followed it mandated the State governors to use at least 50% of the money for payment of salaries and the remaining for projects. if Aregbesola could decide to use the whole money and even add to it, I think he deserves our commendation not condemnation.
Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by Jombojombo(m): 9:53pm On Apr 05, 2017
agbangam:

Wailers Na wa for una oo... Capital project wen pple no see money eat food or pay school bills Una sabi wail oo.

So what do you suggest should be the way forward...or do we continue like this?
Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by montezz(f): 9:55pm On Apr 05, 2017
Lies from the pit of hell!!!!
He only paid halves of four months o
Oh my goodness! This man is wicked
He is owing 11 full months salaries. Ask anyone in Osun.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by montezz(f): 10:00pm On Apr 05, 2017
4dor:

This is a lie!
He is owning 11months!

1 Like

Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 05, 2017
So!!!!, should I dance unclad in my street.
I don't think they should even tell us how they spent the money because I know some things has entered into their pocket.
Nigerian politicians being deceiving us since 347 BC.
Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by Kayrich(m): 11:04pm On Apr 05, 2017
WorldRichest:

So there salaries shouldn't be paid.
Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by olaks4real(m): 11:08pm On Apr 05, 2017
olrotimi:
Sarrki would coman call this one omoluabi. SMH, very unfortunate to find yourself in a place like osun, working[b][/b] for the state government.
Despair and misery would be your middle names.
are you the only worker in the state..... The major reason why some of you civil servants are lamenting wasvthat the state government stop many of you from receiving more than one salary in the name of ghosts workers. I realized that some of the so called Civil servants are more corrupt to our politicians
Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by Kayrich(m): 11:09pm On Apr 05, 2017
Yorubaangel:
and the state is still owning workers of more than 6months salary....
t

Owing salaries again. Not in osun state at the moment. Na u sabi what wetin u dey talk.
Re: How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund by Kayrich(m): 11:25pm On Apr 05, 2017
DJInfluence:
These Governors ehh, so the money was used to pay 4 months salaries.. No expenditure was done. So how will they pay from jan-April then? These leaders lack vision. Treating a wound without curbing the cause of the injury.

But are u sure you read this news very well. Money was received in November 2016 and was paid out in December 2016.
Osun hasn't pay last month march but has paid Jan/feb, if u know a worker in osun, you can confirm.
The news werent talking about the Paris club money recently disbursed to states but that of last year november.

www.nairaland.com/3682219/current-status-workers-salaries-south

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which States Will Oppose The New VAT Ruling? / 2023: Implications Of Atiku’s Selection Of Okowa As Running Mate / I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.