Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,583 members, 7,955,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:53 PM

Why The Yoruba Hatred? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Yoruba Hatred? (5152 Views)

Presumed Igbo/yoruba Hatred / Historical Perspective Of Igbo-yoruba Hatred / Btw IPOB And The Yoruba Hatred (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Yoruba Hatred? by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 05, 2017
Everywhere you turn there is always someone hating on Yorubas. Some will wake up and claim to be "exposing the Yorubas". lipsrsealed Some will recount tales of how Yorubas did this or that, some even stoop so low as to cook up stories to malign the Yorubas. I dont get it and the question is WHY?? WHY?? WHY??
Psychologists will easily pin point the cause to be envy but let's hear from the horses mouth.
1. What offense have the Yorubas commited?
2. Do some people just derive joy in being hateful?
3. Is it envy?

And for the Yorubas in the house, what have you done to deserve this acute hatred?
Mature reponse only please no one should come here to spew hatred.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by WorldRichest: 11:36am On Apr 05, 2017
If you can't beat them, you hate them. Unwise words from elders of the land of the fallen sun. I am a Yoruba Muslim and I am proud of it. As for the flat heads, they can go and die in Lagos lagoon. They lost the war in 1970 and lost their senses. They lost the election in 2015 and also lost their errection.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by dadabashua1(m): 11:39am On Apr 05, 2017
well as a Yoruba man,i dont really care who hates me,but what matters is to always do the right thing in life,but to love is much easier than to hate

11 Likes

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 05, 2017
dadabashua1:
well as a Yoruba man,i dont really care who hates me,but what matters is to always do the right thing in life,but to love is much easier than to hate
Exactly!The burden of hate is way too much i wonder how some people bear it.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by argon500: 11:46am On Apr 05, 2017
Yoruba don't cry over spilled milk.. let them continue hating

Oodua agbewa ooo

7 Likes

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by Thewrath(m): 12:03pm On Apr 05, 2017
@henryyy,The Yorubas actually resurrected this tribal ish again,just when things where calming down...your obas also made inciting statements which you guys were supposed to condemn,but you kept cheering your obas and taunting Igbos..
Innocent unarmed protesters were killed,you all cheered..

I curse the day I was born a Nigerian!

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by emi14: 12:03pm On Apr 05, 2017
Why did you shingled Yorubas? Yoruba is never the most hated and hounded tribe in Nigeria. Hatred have undermined progress in Nigeria from independence . We mostly exhibit tribal opposition in government that is why we lack honestly in opposition and informative criticism against government officials. Sentiments over rules truth.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by backtosender: 12:11pm On Apr 05, 2017
Yoruba brought hatred to themselves....if you hate other groups in Nigeria why will you feel surprising when every group hate you in one Nigeria??

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 05, 2017
Thewrath:
@henryyy,The Yorubas actually resurrected this tribal ish again,just when things where calming down...your obas also made inciting statements which you guys were supposed to condemn,but you kept cheering your obas and taunting Igbos..
Innocent unarmed protesters were killed,you all cheered..

I curse the day I was born a Nigerian!

Asides a few mischievous(lack of a better word) ones on the internet who troll even in critical situations point me elsewhere you saw yorubas throwing a feast in honour of the late Igbo protesters. Any man with blood flowing through his veins would feel sad at the demise of a fellow human regardless of tribe. Also going by all i have come across, it appears the igbos are the architects of nairaland tribal war. I left this out of my initial post to avoid the thread taking a wrong turn.

6 Likes

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by Eshinwaju: 12:23pm On Apr 05, 2017
Henryyy:
Everywhere you turn there is always someone hating on Yorubas. Some will wake up and claim to be "exposing the Yorubas". lipsrsealed Some will recount tales of how Yorubas did this or that, some even stoop so low as to cook up stories to malign the Yorubas. I dont get it and the question is WHY?? WHY?? WHY??
Psychologists will easily pin point the cause to be envy but let's hear from the horses mouth.
3. Is it envy?

And for the Yorubas in the house, what have you done to deserve this acute hatred?

The answer is no. 3....don't bother yourself....won kere si number wa..... cool.....mainly from ipod youths...otherwise we are fine with everyone else... angry

9 Likes

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by Thewrath(m): 12:27pm On Apr 05, 2017
Henryyy:

Asides a few mischievous(lack of a better word) ones on the internet who troll even in critical situations point me elsewhere you saw yorubas throwing a feast in honour of the late Igbo protesters. Any man with blood flowing through his veins woulf feel sad at the demise of a fellow human regardless of tribe. Also going by all i have come across, it appears the igbos are the architects of nairaland tribal war. I left this out of my initial post to avoid the thread taking a wrong turn.
@bolded,you never know how far a "few mischievous" statements may go until you see the results.i have told you the origin(just to mention a few) of how it started again,take it or leave it...your cup of tea.

We are Igbos and we do not forget!

22 Likes

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by Jetleeee: 12:38pm On Apr 05, 2017
Who cares about their hatred?

Hate for hate. We go serve them double. Their father grin

I like them for that. They don't slack when it comes to hating Yorubas. That's why you see that the tribalist Yorubas on this forum against the tribalist eebo is like 4 against 6. They outnumber us.

Some dumbass Yorubas are still sleeping taking it as a joke forming Mr nice guy or thinking the whole thing is isolated cos of one Ngozi they are xx.

You see them typing bullcheet when they see us serving them back. "Oh you people are the reason why Nigeria will never move forward and blah blah"

Have you ever seen them condemn their own?

They don't know what's in the minds of descendants of people who lost a war

Clowns

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 05, 2017
Thewrath:

@bolded,you never know how far a "few mischievous" statements may go until you see the results.i have told you the origin(just to mention a few) of how it started again,take it or leave it...your cup of tea.

We are Igbos and we do not forget!
You seem not to be interested in the truth but in supporting ur kinsmen so let's just forget it.

Jetleeee:
Who cares about their hatred?

Hate for hate. We go serve them double. Their father grin

I like them for that. They don't slack when it comes to hating Yorubas. That's why you see that the tribalist Yorubas on this forum against the tribalist eebo is like 4 against 6. They outnumber us.

Some dumb Yorubas are still sleeping taking it as a joke forming Mr nice guy or thinking the whole thing is isolated cos of one Ngozi they are xx

You see them typing bullshit when they see us serving them back. "Oh you people are the reason why Nigeria will never move forward and blah blah"

Have you ever seen them condemn their own?

They don't even know what's in the minds of descendants of people who lost a war

Clowns
I also find the bolded hypocritical, there is a reaction to every action and some people take things to the extreme where you cant ignore them anymore and you just have to school them.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by mightyhaze: 12:56pm On Apr 05, 2017
Stop Tribalism

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 05, 2017
Nickizoe:
OP, if you have nothing to write again or say,
Shut up
Keep calm
Don't be rude
And don't create another tribal war here
Anu tolotolo
You sound very rude and uncultured. Did you by chance get any home training? I doubt you ever had d privilege of attending a good school cause if you did, you'd sure know how to read as well as not have a problem comprehending whatever you read. Dont ever quote me to spew trash.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by Nickizoe(f): 1:23pm On Apr 05, 2017
How did you know all this about me??
I hope am not being bugged....
Anywey, I have seen you..
better still keep calm and don't be rude. grin

1 Like

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by visible006(m): 1:29pm On Apr 05, 2017
yorunus are they ones hating other tribes especially their worst nightmare the "GREAT IGBO" race, so get your facts right next time

16 Likes

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 05, 2017
visible006:
yorunus are they ones hating other tribes especially their worst nightmare the "GREAT IGBO" race, so get your facts right next time
Yorubas are peaceful people but you can't tickle a lion and expect it not to bite. What were the Igbos expecting when they started the tribal war against Yorubas?

4 Likes

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by snika: 1:51pm On Apr 05, 2017
LMAO. Yoruba wants to feel important. Lol. You are hated? By who exactly? What will make a normal human being like me hate a bicycle cone head? For what Kwanu?

Op kindly tell me when you're selling your family's last piece of land in Lagos. Emeka my friend wants to buy ASAP.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by Agumbankembu: 1:52pm On Apr 05, 2017
Who is the Yoruba man an Igbo giant is chasing in his sleep?

Na Pastor Tunde Bakare said it?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 05, 2017
Do Igbos hate Yorubaa? Absolutely...in fact passionately. Igbos hate for Yoruba is retaliatory never instigated or unwarranted. Is the hate justified? Yes and God will allow such hate because Yorubaa started the wickedness and evil on Igbos unwarranted just out of deep swatted envy...Awolowo for virtually no reason carried out the most gruesome genocide on Biafraan children. What did Igbos do to Awolowo or yorubaas?
Absolutely nothing! You see the same evil here on Nairaland and in Nigeria of yorubaas rejoicing at the killings of IPOB members, invading every Biafraan threads, Seun and Modsx banning everything Biafraa even the murder of IPOB members, and you say I shouldn't hate you...yorubass? Why is it that you yorubaas reason a certain way I don't understand? You like to inflict evil on people but turnaround and ask them...why do you hate me? A yorubaa man will stab you with a sharp knife, you are bleeding profusely and the same yorubaa man that stabbed you will turnaround and ask you...why do you hate me? You tell him I haven't done anything to you, you are the one stabbing me for no reason. Why can't Afonjas get this simple analogy? Lol!

That's why Igbos/Biafrrans want to permanently separate themselves from you people. But the irony is you don't want to separate from the Igbos which is strange.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by Odingo1: 2:47pm On Apr 05, 2017
[/b]Is the other way round[b],Yoruba are the one hating on others,[/b]their conscience as human being is dead[b].
They jubilated the Shiite massacre in Kaduna and hail Brutai.
They jubulited Ipob massacre and hail Brutai.
[/b]Till date[b], they still celebrate the starving of millions of children to death during Biafran war with pictures of dying children.The massacre which they spearheaded.

Time will tell.
The clock is thicken.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by successmatters(m): 3:11pm On Apr 05, 2017
I will call it an attempted attempt to correct the many years of negative stereotyping of other tribes by the Lagos-Ibadan press who has been wrongfully using propaganda tools to make other tribes hate each other while projecting the Yoruba's as good people.

Now comes the internet, to burst the whole lies and show us vivid pictures of the real Yoruba, a hunger ravaged, desolate and crime infested region where envy and jealousy are their only products.

Don't cry yet. You will be paid back with interest.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by Totti9(m): 3:15pm On Apr 05, 2017
The way yoruba clinch on igbos like sugarants as if their life depends on igbos is what's causing all this hate like me i don't hate any yoruba person but when person say i don't want to friend with you anymore just support that person to stay alone, but dem go say layelaye igbos most not separate from us what do you expect from that person love or hate

5 Likes

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by Odingo1: 3:18pm On Apr 05, 2017
Henryyy:

Thanks for the bolded because when we claim igbos are hateful, your people tend to deny it. What evil did yorubas start, igbos started the e-tribal war so I don't seem to understand the evil you're talking about and trust me if igbos get biafra today 99.9% of yorubas will be more than happy. My own is your agitation for biafra is between you and the government don't try to drag yorubas into something of no value to us. stop sounding like we are the ones preventing you from getting biafra cause biafra is not our concern.
[/b]Who is the government[b] ,is government not gathering of people.
[/b]Guy stop pretending[b],Yoruba hate Igbo,Igbo hate Yoruba,Hausa hate yorubas,Igbos and Yoruba hate Hausa.
Yoruba are the one crying all over the town for one Nigeria, in all social media they wish death to ipob.
Stop pretending and been hypocritical which is a normal character of Yoruba people.
Hidden under hausa-fulani government to perpetrate evil.

1 Like

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by RockHard: 3:18pm On Apr 05, 2017
The feeling is mutual so the flatheadss can hate us all they want for all I care. Both peoples were never meant to share the same country to begin with. #Truth. A lot of Yorubas are gradually waking up to this reality. This country is living on borrowed time. In the fullness of time everybody will bear their father's name.

8 Likes

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by fergie001: 3:21pm On Apr 05, 2017
Henryyy:
3. Is it envy?

Dont deceive yourself.
Some of us are not Yoruba's and have spent their lives here,schooling,working etc.
So dont paint it like someone hates the tribe.That is d reflection of the society,u must see some who will just be mischievous.
The wickednes Of persons isn't tribe-dependent.
U will also agree with me that I have seen wicked people cut across tribes.Nobody hates the Yoruba's or Igbo's or Hausa's,na poverty of the mind dey do Nigerians.
" A friend is one who has the same enemy as you have."(Abraham Lincoln

1 Like

Re: Why The Yoruba Hatred? by Ukaegbuagbaieni: 3:34pm On Apr 05, 2017
Henryyy:

Thanks for the bolded because when we claim igbos are hateful, your people tend to deny it. What evil did yorubas start, igbos started the e-tribal war so I don't seem to understand the evil you're talking about and trust me if igbos get biafra today 99.9% of yorubas will be more than happy. My own is your agitation for biafra is between you and the government don't try to drag yorubas into something of no value to us. stop sounding like we are the ones preventing you from getting biafra cause biafra is not our concern.
You are a lier from the pit of hell. Did l hear you say 99.9% of yoruba is supporting seperation of Biafra nation. Hahaha, that is the problem l have with yoruba the are full of lie and propaganda

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking News - Interpol Vehemently Denies Involvement In The Arrest Of MNK / Supreme Court May Disqualify Gbadebo Rhode-vivor soon / 2027: I'll Vote Tinubu If You Merge With Peter Obi - Sarki Threatens Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.