Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,197 members, 7,839,073 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight (1124 Views)

PHOTO: Another Nigerian Soldier Praying In Borno Before Attacking Boko Haram / Nigerian Arrested For Jumping White House Fence (Oct 2014) / Photos: Another Nigerian Soldier Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by AloyEmeka6: 4:49am On Dec 28, 2009
Detroit terror attack: Second Nigerian arrested on Amsterdam flight
By NICK ALLEN

A second Nigerian man has been arrested on a Northwest Airlines jet in Detroit 48 hours after Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab tried to blow up an airliner
sunday's flight - Northwest Airlines 253 - was exactly the same route that Abdulmutallab targeted on Christmas Day.

The pilot alerted the authorities and the plane made an emergency landing and was met by police on its arrival in Detroit.

The man, who is in his 30s, reportedly locked himself in a toilet for more than an hour as the plane flew over the US.

Before locking himself in to the toilet the man had already been up and down to the same cubicle several times. Cabin crew became increasingly suspicious, broke the door down and dragged him out. He is then said to have become irate and verbally aggressive.

He was subdued and the pilot contacted the airport to say there was an emergency on board. Emergency vehicles gathered on the runway to meet the plane.

The passengers and crew were evacuated from the plane and the man was formally arrested. Officials said no explosive device had been found on the suspect.

The man had boarded the flight with no luggage.

President Barack Obama, who is on holiday in Hawaii, was informed immediately. White House officials said Mr Obama was to have further talks with his aides over airline security.

However a senior US official told Fox News that the man arrested on Sunday was simply a “sick passenger”.

Another official told CNN the incident appeared to be “non-serious” and that the disruptive passenger “does not appear to be a threat”.

The FBI gave the all-clear within hours of the latest alert.

Like Abdulmutallab, the passenger had flown from Nigeria to Amsterdam and then picked up Flight 253 to Detroit.

Abdulmutallab, who had studied engineering in London until last year, disappeared into a toilet for a long period of time before trying to set off his device.

The flight, which had 257 passengers and 12 crew on board, landed safely in Detroit at 12.35pm local time.

The plane was removed to a secure area of the airport for additional searches by bomb experts.

Police took the disruptive passenger into custody for questioning.

An airline spokeswoman, Sue Elliott, said the passenger was "verbally disruptive".

She added: "Out of an abundance of caution the flight crew asked the plane be met on arrival by law enforcement."

© 2009 Telegraph.co.uk

http://naijanet.com/news/source/2009/dec/27/1002.html
Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by oyinda3(f): 4:51am On Dec 28, 2009
let the persecution begin undecided
Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by AloyEmeka6: 4:59am On Dec 28, 2009
Why the guy dey frequent toilet after drinking fura de nunu? cheesy cheesy
Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by metalgong5(m): 5:21am On Dec 28, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Why the guy dey frequent toilet after drinking fura de nunu? cheesy cheesy

ROTFLmAO!! grin . . . . May be the dude ate alot of beans that his system couldnt sustain.
Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by oyinda3(f): 5:34am On Dec 28, 2009
yea he was definitely sick in d stomach grin
Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 28, 2009
Poor dude? Why would he take jedi-jedi medicine at the airport when he knew those white pigs are hyper these days, Flagyl or red/yellow capsule would have been his best shot
Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by AloyEmeka6: 6:59am On Dec 28, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Poor dude? Why would he take jedi-jedi medicine at the airport when he knew those white pigs are hyper these days, Flagyl or red/yellow capsule would have been his best shot
LWKMD grin grin grin
Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by spikedcylinder: 7:03am On Dec 28, 2009
Chai. 'Arrestment' galore. Next thing we know, Nigerians will be given toilet allowance on airlines.grin grin grin
Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by AloyEmeka6: 7:11am On Dec 28, 2009
Try and poop well and fast 6 hours before you board a flight otherwise  lipsrsealed
Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by princekevo(m): 7:14am On Dec 28, 2009
I knew this will happen. Other million Nigerians will start paying for the price of one mad cow.
Not even now we have no president who cannot talk. What kind of country are living in?
Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by adconline(m): 7:17am On Dec 28, 2009
Who says that other Nigerians will not be scapegoated to pay for the sins of this naughty person?
Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by Skidoc(m): 7:19am On Dec 28, 2009
I feel so sorry for the poor guy. Apparently he is innocent. He just happened to be on the wrong plane at the wrong time and he ate the wrong amount of beans which caused him to spend the wrong amount of time in a very wrong toilet.
Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by AloyEmeka6: 7:22am On Dec 28, 2009
The Arabians can now heave a sigh of relief since Nigerian Negroes will also be stereotyped henceforth.
Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 28, 2009
Most people are having fear especially those that may have interest in US visa,dont worry,all nigerians cannot be victimized because one of boy playing with banger on a flight and another one suffering from mere dysentry.But honestly,us dont give out visa to saudis,pakistanis and afghans due to their terrorism tendency,i hope we wont join the list someday
Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by AloyEmeka6: 7:47am On Dec 28, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Most people are having fear especially those that may have interest in US visa,dont worry,all nigerians cannot be victimized because one of boy playing with banger on a flight and another one suffering from mere dysentry.But honestly,us dont give out visa to saudis,pakistanis and afghans due to their terrorism tendency,i hope we wont join the list someday
I agree.
Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by walata44(m): 7:56am On Dec 28, 2009
The Arabians can now heave a sigh of relief since Nigerian Negroes will also be stereotyped henceforth

Remember! Richard Reid (the shoe bomber) was  British, does that make all British a terrorist?
Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by Pappyman: 8:33am On Dec 28, 2009
We should expect more of this harassment, unfortunately, this is the price we'll continue to pay for Abdulmutallab's stupidity.
Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 28, 2009
More of what,Harrassment? Oh please.Most alqaeda cells are britains or from other western countries and their citizens are not harassed by the US but if such happens to nigeria,then i see that as racism.
Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by dynaflex(m): 9:21am On Dec 28, 2009
AS I DEY HEAR THE NEWS FOR CNN, NA ONLY LAFF I JUS DEY LAFF,
WETIN THE GUY GO JUS GO CHOP ANY HOW,
AFTER MIH NO SAY WHITE NO DEY USE EYE TAKE SEE BLACK MAN.
HIM STILL GO FALL HIM OWN HAND,
ABEG, MAKE PERSON ASK AM THE TYPE OF SHIT WEY HIM SHIT
WEY MAKE AM STAY FOR LOO FOR MORE THAN ONE HOUR,
I PITY THE POOR DUDE,

Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 28, 2009
dynaflex:

AS I DEY HEAR THE NEWS FOR CNN, NA ONLY LAFF I JUS DEY LAFF,
WETIN THE GUY GO JUS GO CHOP ANY HOW,
AFTER MIH NO SAY WHITE NO DEY USE EYE TAKE SEE BLACK MAN.
HIM STILL GO FALL HIM OWN HAND,
ABEG, MAKE PERSON ASK AM THE TYPE OF poo WEY HIM poo
WEY MAKE AM STAY FOR LOO FOR MORE THAN ONE HOUR,
I PITY THE POOR DUDE,
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 28, 2009
The guy drank agbo jedi-jedi so he poo well well
Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by chidichris(m): 9:36am On Dec 28, 2009
i suspect him to be a drug traficker.
nigerians are about becoming the no 1 suspects now.
the disolution of this entity is quite overdue because everything is going wrong yet pdp is not moved.
i wonder what the madamrebranding is doing by now.
maybe, telling the world that we are no longer fraudstars rather we upgraded to suicide bombers.
Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by AloyEmeka6: 9:49am On Dec 28, 2009
chidichris:

i suspect him to be a drug traficker.
nigerians are about becoming the no 1 suspects now.
the disolution of this entity is quite overdue because everything is going wrong yet pdp is not moved.
i wonder what the madamrebranding is doing by now.
maybe, telling the world that we are no longer fraudstars rather we upgraded to suicide bombers.

A very foolish comment indeed coming from a fellow Nigerian.
Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by Kelvinj(m): 9:59am On Dec 28, 2009
Lmao,
1. pesin carry banger enter plane them say na bomb
2. Another 9ja chop beans enta plane im belle begin run am them accuse am of frequenting plane toilet.
Anywayz na baba god go save us 4rm all d accusations
Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by AloyEmeka6: 3:51pm On Dec 28, 2009
Kelvinj:

Anywayz na baba god go save us 4rm all d accusations

It's time we take action.
Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by yemmight(m): 5:25pm On Dec 28, 2009
Chei! Abokis don kill us finish. embarassed
Re: Another Nigerian Arrested In Detroit Bound Flight by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 28, 2009
walata44:

Remember! Richard Reid (the shoe bomber) was  British, does that make all British a terrorist?

Very good point. Am thinking, many of these law enforcement guys had been looking for some reason to nail Nigerians and one has simply just offered itself. There's absolutely no reason y nigerians should be double-checked when boarding flights. Else all british should also be (cos of Richard Reid) and all Americans (cos of mass shooting at fort hood)!

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi Inaugurates NESREA Office In Port-harcourt / President Goodluck, Ibb And Atiku Beg Obasanjo / Confession Of An Assassin-‘i’ve Killed Many People’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.