Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,255 members, 7,839,306 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

He That Pisseth Against The Wall - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / He That Pisseth Against The Wall (484 Views)

Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America / Will This Biblical Quote On UN Wall Ever Come To Pass?(photo) / Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He That Pisseth Against The Wall by xtivin(m): 3:17pm On Apr 05, 2017
The whole house of Ahab shall perish: and I will cut off from Ahab him that pisseth against the wall” (2 Kings 9:8, KJV).

Now let take a look at the interpretation of the word "pisseth against the wall", the holy spirit made me to understand that it actually refers to "men of war" rather than refering to just male children that urinates on a wall. I think this is another error in direct aramatic interpretation to English. It is mostly mis interpreted like the phrase "violent taketh it by force". Bible scholars let me see your views
Re: He That Pisseth Against The Wall by GlorifiedTunde(m): 3:21pm On Apr 05, 2017
xtivin:
The whole house of Ahab shall perish: and I will cut off from Ahab him that pisseth against the wall” (2 Kings 9:8, KJV).

Now let take a look at the interpretation of the word "pisseth against the wall", the holy spirit made me to understand that it actually refers to "men of war" rather than refering to just male children that urinates on a wall. I think this is another error in direct aramatic interpretation to English. It is mostly mis interpreted like the phrase "violent taketh it by force". Bible scholars let me see your views

The Holy Spirit has diverse interpretations of the Scriptures to different persons. He that pisseth against the wall simple talks of a "male heir" which essentially carries the generations of person. You kill the male offspring of a man, then you have successfully cut-off his generations.
Re: He That Pisseth Against The Wall by xtivin(m): 3:40pm On Apr 05, 2017
GlorifiedTunde:

The Holy Spirit has diverse interpretations of the Scriptures to different persons. He that pisseth against the wall simple talks of a "male heir" which essentially carries the generations of person. You kill the male offspring of a man, then you have successfully cut-off his generations.
Thanks bro, but I have really studied the bible and cross checked the 6 times that phrase appeared,it was commonly used for mighty men of valour like David, Ahab and Jeroboam..in the army, a wall refers to a protective arrangement of soldiers in battle, and those that piss against a wall are mighty men that thrust through the wall. I stand to be corrected anyway.
I enjoy reading king James because it allows me get my own interpretations from the raw data, other versions are the interpretation of another man
Re: He That Pisseth Against The Wall by psucc(m): 3:50pm On Apr 05, 2017
Will study that portion before commenting

(1) (Reply)

Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! / Forwarded Messages Should Be Banned Here Is Why (pics) / FAITH. “without Faith, It Is Impossible To Please God”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.