Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,902 members, 7,821,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne (3277 Views)

See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew / Can You Spot The Unusual Error On The Rear Badge Of This Porsche Cayenne SUV? / Porsche Cayenne Sets Record By Towing A 259,000KG Airbus A380 Jet (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by GetUmad: 9:12pm On Apr 06, 2017
kingreign:

There's a 2006 Range Rover evoque HSE black sitting by a Kazeems place along Kubwa Expressway, guess what the fault was? And has been there for over a year.

Blown Air suspension.
Lexusgs430:

Rather than buy wetin dere pockets fit maintain. Then go wan pose. Forgetting that simply buying a car is not the end of the road. If they had to take vehicle for regular proper MOT test, insure vehicle adequately and pay appropriate road tax, they would all be driving a kia picanto.....
kingreign:

There's a 2006 Range Rover evoque HSE black sitting by a Kazeems place along Kubwa Expressway, guess what the fault was? And has been there for over a year.

Blown Air suspension.
Just imagine.

A friend of mine few years ago told me he got a good offer for an LR and he was going for it. It took me much energy to make him realize his earnings might not make him a responsible Owner of that vehicle. I don't know why people find it difficult to "live within their means" in all sense of that.

Another thing I have noticed is, some of the owners of these vehicles actually didn't buy it Tokunbo or brand new, some of them happen to stumble upon a Mechanic or "Panel beater" who gave them the common line of "the owner selling it cos he or she was traveling out hence the cheap offer" and they jump at it without due diligence on what it takes to own it. Meanwhile, the owner might actually have fallen in that category of "show off peeps" who bought it to "make a statement" but couldn't maintain it. It'd now unfortunately have another "unintended" owner who would only use it for the duration of its "manageability". Then the cycle goes on. Ever wondered how come you have a front page news of an Aston Martin found "dead" in an incinerator in Apete, Ibadan. There you have it.

1 Like

Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by billy187(m): 9:44pm On Apr 06, 2017
kingreign:

Blown Air suspension.

Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by Nobody: 4:06am On Apr 07, 2017
I love engine swaps and would love to chat with this mechanic.

Now, I'm not saying that I approve of this specific swap, but after doing a few swaps that I know the amount of hard work that it entails.

All my swaps have been to increase power.

One of the first swaps that I intend to do to christen my new garage is to buy a Marwa and install a superbike engine in it

Anyways, I salute Kazeem on this one.

1 Like

Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by oblo(m): 5:54am On Apr 07, 2017
[quote author=EgunMogaji post=55337582]I love engine swaps and would love to chat with this mechanic.

Now, I'm not saying that I approve of this specific swap, but after doing a few swaps that I know the amount of hard work that it entails.

All my swaps have been to increase power.

One of the first swaps that I intend to do to christen my new garage is to buy a Marwa and install a superbike engine in it

Anyways, I salute Kazeem on this one.[/quote

shocked]
Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by leonn(m): 3:45pm On Apr 07, 2017
The pathfinder engine is hooked to a pathfinder gearbox, quote author=Originalsly post=55296328]Not a car guy...just curious... so the car runs fine?....with the Pathfinder engine hooked up to the Cayenne transmission?!....and the car running on flat tyre? ...wowww!...great job!... soooooo ingenious![/quote]
Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by leonn(m): 4:08pm On Apr 07, 2017
I was actually expecting this request but I can't provide it at the moment cos the last time I went to check on the progress level the owner was there and I could not take any pictures. But as a mechanical engr I was curious so I checked the instrument Cluster everything except the speedometer worked which is what I expected. for the running part the vehicle actually runs fine the engine block in iron not aluminum, but one thing I know for sure is that it can never be the same as before cos there is a wide magin BTW 168hp and 465hp
Readonee35L:
@leonn
Please do us one last favor.
Make a video of that engine running pleaseeee.
And a video of the dashboard (instrument Cluster) while it's running

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Prevent Yourself From Been Infected While Fixing Your Car / Africa First 100% Made Cars To Go Comercial / I Need Opinion - Compare And Contrast Audi A4 And Audi A6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.