Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,039 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew (27283 Views)

Can You Spot The Unusual Error On The Rear Badge Of This Porsche Cayenne SUV? / Porsche Fan Crashed N49m Cayenne Into Dealership After Not Getting Optional Xtra / Lady Dumps BF After Discovering His Porsche Cayenne Is Actually China-made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by AutoReportNG: 4:15pm On Dec 27, 2018
When Porsche is mentioned, what comes to mind is opulence, luxury, and class. In Nigeria, you can count the number of people who have this brand of cars as they are scarce and very pricey.

From the secret chambers of Porsche’s Research & Development department come a whole bunch of prototypes that helped pave the road for some of today’s iconic cars.

As luck would have it, the German automaker has chosen five of them to detail on film, starting with the Porsche 984, a compact, lightweight and aerodynamic roadster.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-6nVVvGLO5E4/XCTn7gtSNDI/AAAAAAAAXBI/qFF713_V2LwPAr-uwzg7EGDp72McPvDNwCLcBGAs/s1600/C1.jpg[/img]

It tipped the scales at 880 kg (1,940 lbs), had a 135 PS (133 hp / 99 kW) engine, and could reach 220 km/h (137 mph). Its sole purpose was to achieve dynamic driving characteristics with low driving resistances, rather than using a powerful engine.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-zgmT7VJpSwU/XCToF1--ePI/AAAAAAAAXBM/lgDGtnvwyKAnZLxIyCiRWeo37AcroR0jwCLcBGAs/s1600/C2.jpg[/img]

Based on the first-gen Cayenne is the Porsche Cayenne Cabrio. It had a Targa roll bar, which the automaker calls “a distinctive design feature”, and came with not one, but two different rear end designs.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-t6lPUo9-lUw/XCToSVn7auI/AAAAAAAAXBU/EMMvLkGI2Bc_wJlbbaa9RcMKT66uQbyXgCLcBGAs/s1600/C3.jpg[/img]

Obviously, the Porsche Cayenne Cabrio never made it into production, but neither did the 1987 911 Carrera 3.2 Speedster. This one had an open single-seat layout and a plastic covering for the cockpit – evocative of the 550 Spyder of the 1950s.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-8vmCpuavce8/XCTogNQV2tI/AAAAAAAAXBc/HSrIlzXb9J43DFU29ZMHTBZXomWPyUEFACLcBGAs/s1600/C4.jpg[/img]

The Porsche Panamericana, on the other hand, was made in 1989 as a present for Ferry Porsche. The design was completed in just a few months, and it came with a zip-roof that was stored in the trunk. This prototype had 250 PS (246 hp / 184 kW) available on tap, and could reach 210 km/h (130 mph).

Porsche saved the #1 position for a very special prototype, one that basically paved the road for one of the brand’s most iconic models ever. It came with a plug-in hybrid powertrain and was shown to a handful of journalists in 2012, who got the chance to experience it first hand as well. But you’ll have to watch the following video to see the actual car.

Watch the video below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrh7nBRAoZQ

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/12/see-porsches-cayenne-cabrio-and-other.html
Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by AutoReportNG: 4:16pm On Dec 27, 2018
Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by Fierce11: 4:23pm On Dec 27, 2018
The reason why I'm serious with my career and lifestyle is because I want the very best things in life.. I want the vanities.. Achom the vanity die! Even solomon was massively rich when he said the vanity speech.
To ditch my BMW for a porshe or Lambo is something that MUST definitely occur next year..
I wish all legit, real and good hustlers the best.. God's willing, ditching Jubrin next year febuary would enable us to reach our targets earlier.. Insha Allah

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by kachi19: 4:23pm On Dec 27, 2018
Vintage, baby... cheesy
Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by JasonScoolari: 4:38pm On Dec 27, 2018
Porshe is overhyped abeg.

My love for Range Rover tho. cheesy

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by Abusey(f): 4:53pm On Dec 27, 2018
smiley
Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2018
BEAUTIFUL toys EVERYWHERE....... kiss

2018/2019 models on point.....

Poverty will not be our portion IJN.

*singing* Poverty die die die

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by Paulfroshman: 4:55pm On Dec 27, 2018
wink
Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by Cutefergieee: 4:57pm On Dec 27, 2018
Ok
Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by soberdrunk(m): 4:58pm On Dec 27, 2018
I am still recovering from Sir Arthur Eze's "216 Million naira" RR, money that I will have used to buy 79(Seventy nine) solid cars..... angry
Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by unoppose: 4:58pm On Dec 27, 2018
If I no get money, wetin I gain?

NEXT LEVEL yaaaaaaaa
Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by propsvila: 4:59pm On Dec 27, 2018
When money speaks Bulshit works.
Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by momodub: 5:00pm On Dec 27, 2018
Nice
Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by Sikay19(m): 5:01pm On Dec 27, 2018
unoppose:

NEXT LEVEL yaaaaaaaa
At least you will gain heaven, abi
Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by mytime24(f): 5:01pm On Dec 27, 2018
Mine tongue

1 Like

Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by iheartellah(m): 5:04pm On Dec 27, 2018
JasonScoolari:
Porshe is overhyped abeg.

My love for Range Rover tho. cheesy
slow car sad
Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by Jase4real: 5:05pm On Dec 27, 2018
Am a student.......I live alone…….am in need of money... I don't have anybody to lend me money
Nothing is too small abeg any amount with millions thank you

GTB
Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 27, 2018
soberdrunk:
I am still recovering from Sir Arthur Eze's "216 Million naira" RR, money that I will have used to buy 79(Seventy nine) solid cars..... angry
Lol. You can get to that level too.
Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by hidhrhis(m): 5:06pm On Dec 27, 2018
[sup][/sup]h
unoppose:

NEXT LEVEL yaaaaaaaa
U gain poverty bro

1 Like

Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by hidhrhis(m): 5:08pm On Dec 27, 2018
Jase4real:
Am a student.......I live alone…….am in need of money... I don't have anybody to lend me money
Nothing is too small abeg any amount with millions thank you

GTB
Abeg share me anything
Nothing is too small
GTB
Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by Opinionated: 5:09pm On Dec 27, 2018
Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by JasonScoolari: 5:11pm On Dec 27, 2018
iheartellah:
slow car sad
Where I dey rush go? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by Jonadull: 5:12pm On Dec 27, 2018
Fierce11:
The reason why I'm serious with my career and lifestyle is because I want the very best things in life.. I want the vanities.. Achom the vanity die! Even solomon was massively rich when he said the vanity speech.
To ditch my BMW for a porshe or Lambo is something that MUST definitely occur next year..
I wish all legit, real and good hustlers the best.. God's willing, ditching Jubrin next year febuary would enable us to reach our targets earlier.. Insha Allah
Enu dunun rofo
Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by 77up(m): 5:12pm On Dec 27, 2018
Team Benz kiss

If we no buy Benz,..... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by Rubbiish(m): 5:13pm On Dec 27, 2018
mytime24:
Mine tongue
Your face though....
Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by Rubbiish(m): 5:13pm On Dec 27, 2018
Opinionated:
Dope any way

This kinds of cars will tend to disappoint you when used on the Nigerian road, See the Ultimate Car for Nigerian Roads
true
Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by soberdrunk(m): 5:25pm On Dec 27, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Lol. You can get to that level too.

If I count how many pastors have told me this same thing, it will pass 261...... angry
Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by Crossbow(m): 5:33pm On Dec 27, 2018
Fierce11:

Bros abrg which BMW you dey use?
Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by Diso60090(m): 5:43pm On Dec 27, 2018
post=74214766:
BEAUTIFUL toys EVERYWHERE....... kiss

2018/2019 models on point.....

Poverty will not be our portion IJN.

*singing* Poverty die die die

Who wan kill am
Re: See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew by Johnson5258: 6:11pm On Dec 27, 2018
I have an ASSURANCE that DAVIDO will prove himself. grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oba Of Ugbo Is The First Black Man To Own A 2014 Bentley / Difference Between Oven Bake And Autobase / Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.