Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! (6529 Views)

"No Cold War Between Tinubu And Aregbesola" - Bola Tinubu / Soku And Kula Oil: Wike And Dickson In Cold War / President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by kingzizzy: 11:16am On Apr 06, 2017
Basic123:
lolz...yinmun for you..who do you trust self...do you guyz even trust yourself?...if not ojukwu will not absconded to ivory coast for his followers to be massacred by nigerian army and the same party founded by ojukwu you claim to love is grasping for breath while you are embracing PDP created by fulanis all around.

Well at least Ojukwu fought for 3 years before absconding. Unlike Awolowo and Adeyinka Adebayo who bowed down to Gowon and the Gambari masters without even a single protest.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by ElsonMorali: 11:18am On Apr 06, 2017
mightyhaze:
I was mentally forming an adequate rebuttal b4 I read where u unnecessarily called out names of the first coup plotters,..nzeogwu and ifeajuna,while conveniently fogetting ademoyega and banjo!

Why shd I waste mental energy on som1 who mischievously refers to goodluck jonathan an ijaw man 4m ssouth,as an igbo man.

Clear! angry

Lol. Good at least you're not denying the fact that majority of the names I put there are Igbo.

It is your trade mark here to cry and whine and form "persecuted".

It is because of people like you that we will continue to frequent this forum to debunk your lies.

We are aware that there are non Nigerians on this forum.

To keep quiet in the face of your lies is to have them misinformed about the true state of things.

Most of them don't know that you guys are masters of deception and you're known for producing some of the worst history revisionists this country has ever known. People like Chinua Achebe.

Bring it on, we are here to counter you.

As for Goodluck Jonathan being Ijaw or Igbo, well you may want to read what your leader and master said on radio Biafra:

http://newsrescue.com/breaking-goodluck-jonathan-igbo-president-nigeria-radio-biafra/

wink

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by ElsonMorali: 11:31am On Apr 06, 2017
kingzizzy:
Asking Igbos and Yorubas to unite is like asking oil and water to mix, not possible. The problem the OP has is that he is still trying to see Igbo/Yoruba from the context of 'Nigeria'

To understand why Yoruba and Igbo will never unite, one has to go back to when there was no Nigeria. What kind of people were Igbos and Yorubas?

History tells us that the Yorubas have never been able to exist alone. They once chased an empire from present day Nigeria to Togo. This 'empire creating' nature of Yorubas has never left them. Igbos on the other hand never had an empire and had no desire have one. The Igbo man is republican, egalitarian and very independent.

Unfortunately for Igbos, of the 3 main ethnic groups, Igbos are the only ones who are not empire creators and thats why Yorubas will continually unite with the Hausa/Fulani oligarchy of the North to undemine Igbos.

Yorubas and Hausa/Fulani are going to fight forever to keep the empire of Nigeria without caring about if the empire works of if Igbos want it.

Yorubas are no friends of us Igbos and we Igbos are fully aware of their antics. A people who threw away their right of self deternination to uphold the empire of Nigeria cannot be trusted

Guess who convinced the Hausa/Fulani oligarchy not to secede undecided

Nnamdi Azikiwe an Igbo man.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by ElsonMorali: 11:34am On Apr 06, 2017
ConqueredWest:

This is why Yorubas always fool themselves that Nigeria is a great country

Their empire building nature is influencing them

Even Awo jettison his secessionist dream due to this nature

You are a deep thinker to have identify this nature of them cool

You earn my respect as a deep thinker kiss

Lol. Where is the depth in that post? He hasn't made any point worth considering.

Yorubas build empires, yes. If Nigeria breaks we'll build our empire. Simple.

You lots only have hamlets. Temporary shelters because you move around a lot.

Won't be surprised If Biafra becomes a ghost country.

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by ElsonMorali: 11:43am On Apr 06, 2017
kingzizzy:

Well at least Ojukwu fought for 3 years before absconding. Unlike Awolowo and Adeyinka Adebayo who bowed down to Gowon and the Gambari masters without even a single protest.

Stop fooling yourselves.

Ojukwu fought a war to further his ambitions of ruling Nigeria, otherwise he won't have left the east. He would have stayed there to defend his territory.

But no, he sacrificed millions of Igbo lives to achieve his ambition.

Even a 20years old student, Bruce Mayrock set himself ablaze in front of the UN building in support of Biafra, yet your leader, sighting the opposition army from afar ran away to another country with his tail between his legs. undecided leaving you lot to die.

Check these links and educate yourself:

http://spectatorarchive.library.columbia.edu/cgi-bin/columbia?a=d&d=cs19690603-01.2.8&e=------

https://www.nairaland.com/3121131/biafra-hero-20years-old-man

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by aribisala0(m): 12:00pm On Apr 06, 2017
mightyhaze:
It's simple,..yorubas shd give igbos unalloyed support and solidarity for igbos to rule,dis will earn dem igbo trust. Because the problem here is yoruba betrayal over the years from 1966 to date!

Igbos have actually forgiven yoruba tracheary,by supporting obj to rule for atleast 8yrs under civil rule,..and have allowed yorubas and hausas to rule in peace during military era. Igbos too hav supported hausa fulani candidates atleast twice under civil rule viz shagari and yaradua rules.

The only logical/reasonable thing 2 do now is to gv igbos unwavering support 2 rule. By so doing,nigeria will not only be doin the only just thing,but will be giving itself an opportunity 2 be revamped and set on d road 2 greatness,since the great igbo tribe has been tested and found 2 possess that touch of midas!

Finally igbos don't hate yorubas,..they just not ready 2 be stabbed at the back again and again,..so they being quite cautious! The onus is on yorubas 2 redeem their image b4 the igbo race they have so actively schemed against for atleast 51years!

There lies the fundamental problem. The Ibo penchant for lies and deceit.
How many elections have we had in Nigeria since independence? How did the Ibos pitch their tents.?
From day one Ibo politicians have ALWAYS sought to be in power at the centre
1960 under the parliamentary system Zik formed a coalition with Balewa thus pushing the Yoruba into opposition. The same thing happened in 1965 elections.

The next election was in 1979 and exactly the same thing happened then and in 1983 by which time even Ojuju had returned and joined NPN. So in summary the first 4 governments we had were coalitions of the North and South East.
This fact cannot be deleted. The Ibos attitude is they want to be in the cental government ALWAYS AT ANY COST and we see that playing out today in the way they are shamelessly decaamping to APC. As long as THEY were the ones forming a coalition with the North they did not see a problem and never called for southern unity.Even when power came South with GEJ and Ibos had influence in that regime, they showed extreme hatred. Maybe they think we have forgotten the sacking galore of Stella Oduah or the antics of Anyim.
The only thing that is clear is Ibos do not like being in opposition which the Yoruba have always done. They think everyone one else is stupid. Don't worry, things will soon change because the Yoruba are not natural political allies of the North. They took a gamble with Buhari probably out of desperation at how bad GEJwas.Buhari was a mistake and we would be happy to return to opposition when the time comes and you can continue your usual role but please stop this whine about southern unity because you fool no one .
Rather than being sentimenatal why not look at how your politicians behave

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by kingzizzy: 12:15pm On Apr 06, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Stop fooling yourselves.

Ojukwu fought a war to further his ambitions of ruling Nigeria, otherwise he won't have left the east. He would have stayed there to defend his territory.

But no, he sacrificed millions of Igbo lives to achieve his ambition.

Even a 20years old student, Bruce Mayrock set himself ablaze in front of the UN building in support of Biafra, yet your leader, sighting the opposition army from afar ran away to another country with his tail between his legs. undecided leaving you lot to die.

Check these links and educate yourself:

http://spectatorarchive.library.columbia.edu/cgi-bin/columbia?a=d&d=cs19690603-01.2.8&e=------

https://www.nairaland.com/3121131/biafra-hero-20years-old-man

Ojukwu fought to rule Nigeria? Is that what they told you?

I dont need to check links, I know who Bruce Mayrock is.

The real thing to think about is that when the Northerner decided to take over Nigeria, Igbos under Ojukwu, Azikiwe, Dr Okpara etc declared the East a separate country and fought for 3 years to keep it

Yorubas under Awolowo, Adebayo etc surrendered straightaway to a small boy called Gowon

Now who is more of the coward in this scenario?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by mightyhaze: 12:48pm On Apr 06, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Lol. Good at least you're not denying the fact that majority of the names I put there are Igbo.

It is your trade mark here to cry and whine and form "persecuted".

It is because of people like you that we will continue to frequent this forum to debunk your lies.

We are aware that there are non Nigerians on this forum.

To keep quiet in the face of your lies is to have them misinformed about the true state of things.

Most of them don't know that you guys are masters of deception and you're known for producing some of the worst history revisionists this country has ever known. People like Chinua Achebe.

Bring it on, we are here to counter you.

As for Goodluck Jonathan being Ijaw or Igbo, well you may want to read what your leader and master said on radio Biafra:

http://newsrescue.com/breaking-goodluck-jonathan-igbo-president-nigeria-radio-biafra/

wink

from the word go,u proved urself a dishonest and a dubious fellow. So because the world is reading,u had 2 lie dat igbos solely executed d first coup without yorubas involved.u had 2 post dat goodluck jonathan is igbo,because u don't want my 'lies' to stand.Am sorry I can't sustain a discourse with u lest u corrupt my mentation. Bye!

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by Ovamboland(m): 2:15pm On Apr 06, 2017
kingzizzy:

And you forgot Azikiwe and ibo elites teamed up with Fulani abokis to jail Awolowo on trumped up charges when he was fighting impunity in government as leader of opposition.

Awolowo had legal backing as leader of opposition yet your people did not join him in southern solidarity but you expected him to lead his people to join Ojukwu and ibo in his illegal misadventures

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by jamislaw(m): 3:21pm On Apr 06, 2017
kingzizzy:
Asking Igbos and Yorubas to unite is like asking oil and water to mix, not possible. The problem the OP has is that he is still trying to see Igbo/Yoruba from the context of 'Nigeria'

To understand why Yoruba and Igbo will never unite, one has to go back to when there was no Nigeria. What kind of people were Igbos and Yorubas?

History tells us that the Yorubas have never been able to exist alone. They once chased an empire from present day Nigeria to Togo. This 'empire creating' nature of Yorubas has never left them. Igbos on the other hand never had an empire and had no desire have one. The Igbo man is republican, egalitarian and very independent.

Unfortunately for Igbos, of the 3 main ethnic groups, Igbos are the only ones who are not empire creators and thats why Yorubas will continually unite with the Hausa/Fulani oligarchy of the North to undemine Igbos.

Yorubas and Hausa/Fulani are going to fight forever to keep the empire of Nigeria without caring about if the empire works of if Igbos want it.

Yorubas are no friends of us Igbos and we Igbos are fully aware of their antics. A people who threw away their right of self deternination to uphold the empire of Nigeria cannot be trusted
kingdom are won with armies, but empires are made by alliances. Nice post in 2017.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by jamislaw(m): 3:40pm On Apr 06, 2017
wristbangle:

Sometimes when I hear the word " the yorubas stabbed the igbos at the back", am like how exactly because from your point of view, some of you twist the story to make it look as if it was a betrayal.

I agree igbos in a way have been sidelined for too long but somehow you guys are too rigid in political affairs. An indigene from SS region was an ex president was voted massively by SW in 2011 presidential election which he won. He lost 2015 election because of his shameless leadership and since then igbos have been crying wolf SW betrayed them (Is he an igbo?, you people are even crying more than the bereaved sef) but I can't say the fulani goro who won is working neither. It's just like the decision btw the devil and the deep blue sea.

By 2019 if igbos can field someone competent to rule, I will gallantly vote for him. I would have preferred rochas okorocha due to the fact that he is a political neutral man but he has not earned that respect enough as he is not living up to the task for imolites. Someone like obiano would make sense but I sense he maybe biased.

I just want good leadership in this country and I don't care wherever tribe he or she comes from.
you and kingzizzy have earned my respect in this section.
From what you explained Okoracha is a neutral man and he has done alot of project in the up north here be it Kaduna, Kano, sokoto just to mention the few.
Sentiment aside Northerner love and trust Okoracha more than any other south easterner politians.
I know Okorocha right from 2003 he was an APP member then.
I bet anyone here that by 2023 by God willing Okorocha will context and win presidential election in this country.
Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by Basic123: 8:44pm On Apr 06, 2017
kingzizzy:

lolz....sending 3000 000 followers to heaven to protect an ego and then absconded.Ojukwu is really wise!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by CarlosTheJackal: 8:54pm On Apr 06, 2017
Aufbauh:
Human unity is a pervasive illusion and not a feasible reality.
The experience in the biblical tower of Babel should have taught anyone that the pursuit of human unity is an elusive phenomena.

Two people can't think alike because of their varying competitive interest talk more of a group of people.
Interest is the driving force in any common struggle. That is why togetherness is not oneness.

It is instructive to know that the anchor behind the Hausa-Fulani taking over power is not necessarily the unity among them but their capacity to collaborate and improvise amongst others with common interest.

Be wary of this Haboki
Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by tifany89(m): 9:36pm On Apr 06, 2017
[quote author=ElsonMorali post=55307253][/quote]
Loads of gibberish. Truth is u r not a wise person. U keep mentioning Igbos come to ur land for sustainance n am forced to ask u how? Is it the the fact that they set up businesses n r doing fine dat is ur problem? Didn't they pay for rent? Or r d shops free? Healthcare,house rent,transport n all is being paid for so wtf? Even tax to the government. why don't u go n compete if u think u v d capacity after all d market is big enough for all. Moreover are there no yorubas in the east as tailors n doing other businesses? R dey not thriving? So what is ur problem? Plz dz line of argument is actually stale oga afterall dey left before but ur forebears went to them n insist on them staying to d extent of fighting a war. You v plenty of your people benefiting from the Igbos doing business in ur land. I know some landlords who would v barely been able to feed if not for d houses dey inherited from their parents. So plz say something else. Igbos owe u nothing

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by aribisala0(m): 10:28pm On Apr 06, 2017
kingzizzy:

Ojukwu fought to rule Nigeria? Is that what they told you?

I dont need to check links, I know who Bruce Mayrock is.

The real thing to think about is that when the Northerner decided to take over Nigeria, Igbos under Ojukwu, Azikiwe, Dr Okpara etc declared the East a separate country and fought for 3 years to keep it

Yorubas under Awolowo, Adebayo etc surrendered straughtway to a small boy called Gowon

Now who is more of the coward in this scenario?

Again more Eboe lies, suicidal behaviour is not bravery. Ojukwu's war was the zenith of folly.
Eboes are the ones who tried to take over Nigeria a misadventure which we are still paying for to this day. Eboes introduced coups to Nigeria. It was an Eboe that abrogated fiscal federalism and introduced unity government. Whilst Ironsi was in power Ojukwu had no problem with decree 34 and unitary government. You folk always think you are smarter than everyone when the exact opposite is the case
If Eboes are so smart why are they oppressed in Nigeria ?
Is that not like the case of the chicken that believes it knows more than the person that put it in a cage ,makes it lay eggs daily and takes the eggs away yet the chicken insists it is smarter

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by pazienza(m): 11:18pm On Apr 06, 2017
There lies the fundamental problem. The Ibo
penchant for lies and deceit.
How many elections have we had in Nigeria since
independence? How did the Ibos pitch their tents.?
From day one Ibo politicians have ALWAYS sought
to be in power at the centre
1960 under the parliamentary system Zik formed a
coalition with Balewa thus pushing the Yoruba into
opposition. The same thing happened in 1965
elections.

It was the lies, deceit and treachery of Yorubas as represented by Awolowo and Akintola that left Zik with no option but to form a coalition with Balewa in 1959.

In 1965. It's on record that Yorubas( Akintola and Kayode) were the ones who broke Southern solidarity when they both broke off from AG and NCNC to form NNDP which they allied with NPC to form the NNA alliance.
It was this NNA alliance that rendered the UPGA resistance null, as UPGA never had enough seats to form the central government as senior partners, forcing Zik to go back to Balewa after initial boycott of electron in 1964.

Akintola and Kayode repeated Afonja/Alimi part 2, as they gave Balewa and the feudal North political footprint in Yolobaland, leading to the political chaos that broke out between NNA and UPGA after the Western region parliamentary elections of 1965.

Don't think for once that you shameless lots would be allowed to continue your distortion of historical facts. This is the ICT age.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by babyfaceafrica: 11:21pm On Apr 06, 2017
Lmao
Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by Jetleeee: 11:23pm On Apr 06, 2017
Ovamboland:

Do not be under any illusion that Igbos have ever supported Yoruba candidate in any election. Ibos rejected the candidate of the Yorubas, Olu Falae and voted en mass for the Fulani cum military choice Obasanjo. In June 12 1993, Abiola lost the Ibo vote to Tofa a fulani man. In the struggle to chase away the military from power championed by Yorubas, over 95% of Ibo elites and politicians joined the military to fight Yoruba, collecting contracts, appointments and yearning for extended military rule, until Yoruba strategy worked at discrediting the military/Fulani/Ibo position and making rule by force untenable.

Unlike Yorubas who voted for Ibo candidate GEJ in the 2011 election, there's no record of Ibos interest ever converging with Yoruba. It appears whenever Yoruba takes a position on any matter Ibos become duty bound to oppose it as a duty. Even during the Jonathan conference, Ibos opposed state police championed by Yorubas years before the meeting. Today Ibos like everyone else now call on the Fulani led federal Police and Army to save them from Fulani herdsmen, how Ironic

Where are people like you always hiding when these Eeebo clowns try to rewrite history. We have enough Yoruba clowns here already but we need to balance the equation cos the olodos outnumber the sensible ones

We need more people like you here bruh

Nice one

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by pazienza(m): 11:26pm On Apr 06, 2017
The next election was in 1979 and exactly the
same thing happened then and in 1983 by which
time even Ojuju had returned and joined NPN. So in
summary the first 4 governments we had were
coalitions of the North and South East.

In the 1979 elections. Igbos voted for the Igbo candidate, Azikiwe, Yorubas voted for Yoruba candidate, Awolowo, the North voted for Shagari.
Your lies are petty. Igbos voted no Arewa in 1979.

What happened was that Igbos were VP to both Awolowo and Shagari in the 1979 elections.

The NPN won the presidential election but couldn't win enough seats in the NASS to form the central government, so they invited NPP( Zik party) to form a coalition with them after the election, to form the central government and the process conceded the Speaker position to NPP.

In 1983, Zik again won the presidential election votes in Igboland, Igbos voted for Zik and not Shagari, who by the way got more votes in Oyo state than he got in Imo state.

Ojukwu was free to join any party of his choice. He wasn't in good terms with Zik, so that ruled out NPP, and he wasn't going to join Yorubas, that left NPC by default as the only option.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by pazienza(m): 11:36pm On Apr 06, 2017
The Ibos attitude is
they want to be in the cental government ALWAYS
AT ANY COST and we see that playing out today in
the way they are shamelessly decaamping to APC.
As long as THEY were the ones forming a coalition
with the North they did not see a problem and
never called for southern unity.Even when power
came South with GEJ and Ibos had influence in
that regime, they showed extreme hatred. Maybe
they think we have forgotten the sacking galore of
Stella Oduah or the antics of Anyim.

Yet, it was Akintola, a Yoruba man who broke Southern solidarity in 1964 when he allied himself to NNA. In bid to be part of the central government. Zik foresaw that move in 1959, and was forced into alliance with Balewa by it.

Awolowo greed as represented by Yoruba greed for lucre and power led him into trying to Usurp Balewa government just to control central power. He repeated the same treason act against IBB later, which led to his suicide.

Awolowo and Yoruba lust for central power saw Awolowo aligning with a military dictator in Gowon and promoting starvation tactics as a legitimate weapon of warefare. His greed for central power saw him running for the president of the country he was tagged a mere geographical expression, same greed saw him campaigning for Igbo votes, the same people he nearly wiped off the surface of earth with his starvation policy.

Shameless people.

The same lust for central power had seen Yorubas betray a Southern President, turned themselves into the mouth piece of Arewa quest for return to power. Just because they were offered a VP slot. The same VP slot Buhari offered to Ndiigbo in 2003 and 2007 but was still rejected by Ndiigbo.

You lots need to get a grip of yourselves. This is ICT age.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by Jetleeee: 11:38pm On Apr 06, 2017
This one go just dey post nonsense wey nobody go read upandan like bot cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by JackieChan01: 11:44pm On Apr 06, 2017
Jetleeee:

Lololol this guy cheesy grin That your profile picture just dey make me laugh

How far with all those your Yoruba.Muslims, play.diary, afonja.head.hunt, tigerclaw, accounts, and the other ones you were using to post nasty pictures.

Have they all been banned?
bro my name is Jackie chan and yours is jet lee

we're two know monks of shiaolin temple

i only have one moniker and that's jackie for sure
besides i don't do tribal war for the sake of my yoruba friends offline and I see it childish.
i only deal with zombies online and bigots like your friend my brother progressive01 omenka

1 Like

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by kingzizzy: 11:50pm On Apr 06, 2017
aribisala0:
Again more Eboe lies, suicidal behaviour is not bravery. Ojukwu's war was the zenith of folly.
Eboes are the ones who tried to take over Nigeria a misadventure which we are still paying for to this day. Eboes introduced coups to Nigeria. It was an Eboe that abrogated fiscal federalism and introduced unity government. Whilst Ironsi was in power Ojukwu had no problem with decree 34 and unitary government. You folk always think you are smarter than everyone when the exact opposite is the case
If Eboes are so smart why are they oppressed in Nigeria ?
Is that not like the case of the chicken that believes it knows more than the person that put it in a cage ,makes it lay eggs daily and takes the eggs away yet the chicken insists it is smarter

All this is beside the point. The point is that during the counter coup, the Northerners went to Ibadan and killed the Governor of the Western Region, chased away the man who should have been head of state, Brigadier Ogundipe, a Yoruba man. The Northerners then dissolved the 4 Regions and 12 states were created.

It was plain to see that the Northerners were plotting the domination of Nigeria.

Yorubas should have been angry that their Governor was slaughtered in Yorubaland. They should have been angry that their most high ranking officer was driven out of Yoruba land and out of his righful place as head of state by the Northerners. They should have been angry that their western Region was dissolved.

All Yorubas could do was meekly bow down to the Gambari Northern Lords and say " Dear Northerners, I cant fight for my sovereignty. Spare my life and I will agree to one Nigeria"

Overnight, Awolowo became deputy to Gowon who was young enough to be his son and Colonel Adebayor was reduced to saluting Gowon who was by far his junior in the Army.

Yorubas were held hostage in their own land after their Governor, FA Fajuyi was slaughtered like a Chicken.

But Ojukwu refused to deliver his people to Northern domination. He stood up for them and fought for 3 years. If Igbos were going to go down, it would not be without a fight

Yorubas surrendered like slaves to the Gambari Lords

To this day, the average Yoruba man is proud of himself for surrendering without putting up a fight and thinks that Ojukwu who fought for three years is a coward.

It is only in the mind of a Yoruba man that someone like Ojukwu who fought for 3 years is a coward while him that surrendered without a fight is brave

I laugh in Igbo

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by pazienza(m): 12:01am On Apr 07, 2017
Ovamboland:

And you forgot Azikiwe and ibo elites teamed up with Fulani abokis to jail Awolowo on trumped up charges when he was fighting impunity in government as leader of opposition.

Awolowo had legal backing as leader of opposition yet your people did not join him in southern solidarity but you expected him to lead his people to join Ojukwu and ibo in his illegal misadventures

Akintola teamed up with Balewa/ Saraduna in a classical re enactment of Alimi/Afonja season 2 to jail Awolowo who himself was found to be corrupt and as such made himself an easy prey for Akintola( who sought to Usurp him as the Yoruba leader) and Saraduna( Who saw Akintola folly as a chance to get a foothold on Yorubaland, politically, in typical Alimi style).

Why is it hard for Yorubas to admit the above, instead of bringing an unconcerned Zik and Igbo elites into your mess?

What sort of people are you lots?

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by pazienza(m): 12:09am On Apr 07, 2017
They think everyone one else is stupid. Don't
worry, things will soon change because the Yoruba
are not natural political allies of the North. They
took a gamble with Buhari probably out of
desperation at how bad GEJwas.Buhari was a
mistake and we would be happy to return to
opposition when the time comes and you can
continue your usual role but please stop this whine
about southern unity because you fool no one .
Rather than being sentimenatal why not look at
how your politicians behave

On the contrary. Yorubas had always been natural political allies of the North.

From Akintola who united with Balewa in 1964, to Awolowo who united with a military dictator of Northern origin in 1967, to OBJ who was a Northern darling in the 70's, and MKO who was also popular in the North to Tinubu who united Yorubas to Buhari.

You fool no one but yourselves. Awolowo and Yorubas were the Mouth piece of Gowon government, today they are the mouth piece of Buhari government.

Yoruba politicians and Monarchs sold out Abiola for silver and let the poor man rot in jail.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by aribisala0(m): 12:17am On Apr 07, 2017
kingzizzy:

All this is beside the point. The point is that during the counter coup, the Northerners went to Ibadan and killed the Governor of the Western Region, chased away the man who should have been head of state, Brigadier Ogundipe, a Yoruba man. The Northerners then dissolved the 4 Regions and 12 states were created.

It was plain to see that the Northerners were plotting the domination of Nigeria.

Yorubas should have been angry that their Governor was slaughtered in Yorubaland. They should have been angry that their most high ranking officer was driven out of Yoruba land and out of his righful place as head of state by the Northerners. They should have been angry that their western Region was dissolved.

All Yorubas could do was meekly bow down to the Gambari Northern Lords and say " Dear Northerners, I cant fight for my sovereignty. Spare my life and I will agree to one Nigeria"

Overnight, Awolowo became deputy to Gowon who was young enough to be his son and Colonel Adebayor was reduced to saluting Gowon who was by far his junior in the Army.

Yorubas were held hostage in their own land after their Governor, FA Fajuyi was slaughtered like a Chicken.

But Ojukwu refused to deliver his people to Northern domination. He stood up for them and fought for 3 years. If Igbos were going to go down, it would not be without a fight

Yorubas surrendered like slaves to the Gambari Lords

To this day, the average Yoruba man is proud of himself for surrendering without putting up a fight and thinks that Ojukwu who fought for three years is a coward.

It is only in the mind of a Yoruba man that someone like Ojukwu who fought for 3 years is a coward while him that s
urrendered without a fight is brave

I laugh in Igbo

All this is besides the point. The point is the Eboes took over power by force and lost out I the counter coup.They are bitter with Yoruba because the Yorub did not join their folly. Let us agree the Yoruba are cowards.Why or how is that an Eboe problem? It is only a foolish Yoruba man that argues that he is not a coward.
.Leave them with their cowardice. Why did Ojukwu attack Ore?. Why did he March on Lagos?.
Why are you so concerned about Yoruba cowardice? Face your work. .We do not need you for Anything and you know it.Leave us with our cowardice
You now want to tell us when to get angry?
Yes we are angry about the January coup in which the Eboes killed many people but spared Zik and Okpara but killed Akin tola killed OkotieEboh and so on. You like to think you are clever when you really are quite vapid

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by aribisala0(m): 12:27am On Apr 07, 2017
pazienza:
The next election was in 1979 and exactly the
same thing happened then and in 1983 by which
time even Ojuju had returned and joined NPN. So in
summary the first 4 governments we had were
coalitions of the North and South East.

In the 1979 elections. Igbos voted for the Igbo candidate, Azikiwe, Yorubas voted for Yoruba candidate, Awolowo, the North voted for Shagari.
Your lies are petty. Igbos voted no Arewa in 1979.

What happened was that Igbos were VP to both Awolowo and Shagari in the 1979 elections.

The NPN won the presidential election but couldn't win enough seats in the NASS to form the central government, so they invited NPP( Zik party) to form a coalition with them after the election, to form the central government and the process conceded the Speaker position to NPP.

In 1983, Zik again won the presidential election votes in Igboland, Igbos voted for Zik and not Shagari, who by the way got more votes in Oyo state than he got in Imo state.

Ojukwu was free to join any party of his choice. He wasn't in good terms with Zik, so that ruled out NPP, and he wasn't going to join Yorubas, that left NPC by default as the only option.
if you are too young ask your elders.The speaker house of reps Edwin UmeEzeoke was from NPP Ziks party because Zik did a deal with Shagari who did not have a majority in either house. Zik did a deal to give Shagari that
Majority .Did Ojuju not join NPN When he returned from exile?
You are the one lying. I never said EBOES VOTED AREWA I chose my words carefully so do not misrepresent them.I talked about the behaviour of your political lsaders and the direction they have led the Eboes which has alwaya been to cut deals with abokis for a bowl of pottage

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by pazienza(m): 12:43am On Apr 07, 2017
[/quote]
aribisala0:
if you are too young ask your elders.The speaker house of reps Edwin UmeEzeoke was from NPP Ziks party because Zik did a deal with Shagari who did not have a majority in either house. Zik did a deal to give Shagari that
You are the one lying. I never said EBOES VOTED ARE. I chose my words carefully so do not misrepresent them.I talked about the behaviour of your political lsaders a day the direction they have led the Eboes which has alwaya beenot to cut deals with a book is for a bowl of pottage
aribisala0:
You are the only email lying. I never said EBOES VOTED ARE. I chose my words carefully so do not misrepresent them.I talked about the behaviour of your political lsaders a day the direction they have led the Eboes which has alwaya beenot to cut deals with a book is for a bowl of pottage

Lol! I had already stated the above. Shagari already secured the presidential seat without Igbo help.

NPN as a party needed to control the NASS but didn't have the majority, so it naturally went into Coalition with NPP that finished 3rd, leaving UPN as the opposition.

The coalition was after the election and not before the elections.

What would you have had NPP do in 1979? Form a coalition with Awolowo UPN that already lost? Lol!

Awolowo and Yorubas we know cut a deal with Military dictators of Arewa in 1967 and were the most vocal in calling for Igbo extermination during the war. Something they had continued to do till now all over the internet as they chant for NA and NPF to shoot innocent Biafran protesters.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! by aribisala0(m): 12:48am On Apr 07, 2017
pazienza:

Lol! I had already stated the above. Shagari already secured the presidential seat without Igbo help.

NPN as a party needed to control the NASS but didn't have the majority, so it naturally went into Coalition with NPP that finished 3rd, leaving UPN as the opposition.

The coalition was after the election and not before the elections.

What would you have had NPP do in 1979? Form a coalition with Awolowo UPN that already lost? Lol!

Awolowo and Yorubas we know cut a deal with Military dictators of Arewa in 1967 and were the most vocal in calling for Igbo extermination during the war. Something they had continued to do till now all over the internet as they chant for NA and NPF to shoot innocent Biafran protesters.
I would not have NPP do anything. What I would have YOU do is produce one clipping where any Yoruba called Eboes betrayers or even criticised Eboes for that.We had no problem with it because we do not know you before and do not believe you owe us anything. So why all this nonsense now when you are in opposition? We did not start any radio Odua or any of this chilldish nonsense you are doing. We did not join NPP or NPN. We stuck with the consequences of our electoral choices. That is real bravery and character .Why are you joining APC? Shameless folk!

11 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Suspend Chief Of Staff; DSS Chief Daura Resign / FG, Auditor’s Office, National Assembly In Fresh Breach Of Fiscal Rules / 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.