Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,424 members, 7,853,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 05:43 AM

From Dino Melaye To Andy Uba, Who Degrees Epp? By Tunde Asaju- Daily Trust - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / From Dino Melaye To Andy Uba, Who Degrees Epp? By Tunde Asaju- Daily Trust (744 Views)

Before We Bury Tinubu; By Tunde Asaju / Photos From Dino Melaye Mother's Burial / Buhari – Absent With His House On Fire By Tunde Asaju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Dino Melaye To Andy Uba, Who Degrees Epp? By Tunde Asaju- Daily Trust by HungerBAD: 4:33am On Apr 06, 2017
For weeks, I have been regaled with the unholy tantrums of jealous people in the media who are trying to pull down the beautiful house of sputum inhabited by my very distinguished sinnator, Dino Melaye. I have resisted being drawn into the fray because you can’t wrestle with a pig without being splashed with mud.

There is a truth in the fact that Dino is at home with his peers! With still unanswered questions the caravan of investigation has moved to another Tartuffe in the upper house - Dr. Andy Uba. One sounds like a broken record saying that our system is broken. Fraudulent titles were to have been unearthed before candidates were presented to the electorate, not after impostors have earned more mileage to their life-lie! Who verified Dino and Uba’s certificates or were they camels that passed through the eye of the security needle?

In our quest to focus on the fripperies of the few individuals who have buried their heads in the sand presumes that we are trying to protect our morality from being eroded by deviants - no sir! Deviants control the system and have erected barriers against anything that questions their stranglehold on society. How would a proper Harvard graduate or a true PhD holder perform when pitched against Dino or Uba in contests predetermined by access to the distribution of stomach infrastructure? How many times have we elected Barabbas and ordered Jesus to be crucified in our electoral process? Shame is a virtue of the truly honourable; he strives to protect himself from being brought to shame at all costs. The rogue has nothing to lose and no integrity to protect, shame increases his popularity. This is why there are less saints in our kind of politics; the fear of losing to a rogue leaves a psychological trauma from which it is difficult to recover.

In other lands, a Dino or Uba honourably resigns and fizzle out of public office but I won’t be surprised to hear that Dino has ‘won’ another reelection and waxed a record to ridicule his traducers or that Andy Uba becomes the next governor of his state. As we say here - who certificate don epp? If a man with NEPA bills can contest as president, what’s the fuss about fake degrees? Who certificate don epp?

Dino has increased his popularity ratings because Harvard had to deploy American taxpayer’s money and time to search through its archives for nothing. Andy Uba is unfazed and both men have chains of titles, admirers and mentees, some of us envy them but we won’t trade places with them. Every empty headed participant in a Harvard workshop claims to have graduated because in Naija, you are nothing without a title! You get a GCON or GCFR simply by being elected President or vice. No thought is given to how you might end up or what you have to add!

It’s been long since the academic gown has gone rogue. It started with children leaving crèche wearing them with pride and being showcased by their degree-earning parents. It lost its allure when apprentice tailors wear them to celebrate their ‘freedom’. This is the kind of thing that would have forced the late Bamidele Aturu to ditch his academic gown on graduation day. In a society where people are nothing without titles and where titles shore up the level of acceptance, it’s a tug of war trying to get one.

Anyone who has ever passed through the Naija ivory tower understands how difficult it is to get anything authenticated - including certificates and transcripts. Across the world, records are kept and electronically accessible, but in a country where grades are sexually transmitted and students bribe teachers to shore up their marks, fixing transcripts or academic records is the exclusive preserve of the highest bidder. In 2017, Naija universities send transcripts on electronic typewriters, an improvement on the Milwaukee invention of 1867.

Propelled elites are the best mirrors of any society. For ten grueling months of my sojourned at the NASS as legislative aide, the familiar refrain from the puffy members of that chamber when presented with ideas superior to their level of thinking is- are you a sinnator? Have you ever won an election? In New York City, Sam Amadi (who by the way earned a proper doctorate degree in law) had to tell Dalhatu Sarki Tafida, that legislative aides are experts in other callings who qualify for elective office if they so choose and that the requirement for senate is attempted school certificate.

We have a long way to go if we must fix Naija. As presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu confessed, corruption is fighting back everywhere you go. Corruption is sitting on the throne, surrounded by sleaze and propped up by immorality. It daily dares anyone with a higher morale to keep quiet or show up and be crushed. Titles are for sale and everyone is in the business of hawking them - from hungry traditional ruiners to journalists and their unions. When gold rusts, who is shocked by the corrosion of the iron?

lalasticlacla Mynd44

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/opinion/from-dino-melaye-to-andy-uba-who-degrees-epp/192186.html

1 Like

Re: From Dino Melaye To Andy Uba, Who Degrees Epp? By Tunde Asaju- Daily Trust by Nobody: 4:59am On Apr 06, 2017
I tire for this certificate palava!

Although I have a certificate but
Nigerians and certificate are.

2 Likes

Re: From Dino Melaye To Andy Uba, Who Degrees Epp? By Tunde Asaju- Daily Trust by ipobarecriminals: 5:07am On Apr 06, 2017
criminals association
Re: From Dino Melaye To Andy Uba, Who Degrees Epp? By Tunde Asaju- Daily Trust by SalamRushdie: 5:35am On Apr 06, 2017
Beautiful article
Re: From Dino Melaye To Andy Uba, Who Degrees Epp? By Tunde Asaju- Daily Trust by AntiWailer: 5:40am On Apr 06, 2017
The hope for a sane society keeps fading away every day..

It is not about who will be successful with or without certificate.

It is about a law maker breaking the law..

I have watched Dino struggle to defend the degree he claimed he had from harvard by comparing it with a 'Certificated Training'.

All these criminals are emboldened by jobless youths who think it is about taking sides to spite the other side.

Many thanks to poverty
Re: From Dino Melaye To Andy Uba, Who Degrees Epp? By Tunde Asaju- Daily Trust by locosis007(m): 5:47am On Apr 06, 2017
THERE GOES NIGERIA

WHERE THE NON CERTIFICATE HOLDERS RULE, WHILE THE CERTIFICATE HOLDERS SEARCH FOR JOB.

ISN'T THAT PATHETIC?

LAWMAKERS, EXECUTIVES , EVEN JUDICIARY (OUR LEARNED COLLEAGUES) ARE BRIMMING OVER WITH HALF BAKED INDIVIDUALS .

WHOSE ONLY INTEREST IS TO SQUABBLE, MONEY GRUB AND FURTHER THEIR OWN INTEREST OR THE INTEREST OF A PARTICULAR CAUCUS. .

GOD BLESS D FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
Re: From Dino Melaye To Andy Uba, Who Degrees Epp? By Tunde Asaju- Daily Trust by morbeta(m): 5:57am On Apr 06, 2017
I came.....i read......and left without comments.
Re: From Dino Melaye To Andy Uba, Who Degrees Epp? By Tunde Asaju- Daily Trust by Tallesty1(m): 6:00am On Apr 06, 2017
AntiWailer:

I have watched Dino struggle to defend the degree he claimed he had from harvard by comparing it with a 'Certificated Training'.

All these criminals are emboldened by jobless youths who think it is about taking sides to spite the other side.

Many thanks to poverty
Did you read everything
Re: From Dino Melaye To Andy Uba, Who Degrees Epp? By Tunde Asaju- Daily Trust by Nobody: 6:06am On Apr 06, 2017
What a disagrace.

What the writer failed to understand is that this is not an issue of certificate but intergrity. I am sure there are people with O'level in the house and no one is making issue out of it as long as it checks out.

When are we going to stop aiding irresponsible behaviour in this country?
Re: From Dino Melaye To Andy Uba, Who Degrees Epp? By Tunde Asaju- Daily Trust by dessz(m): 6:16am On Apr 06, 2017
I have a meme, that shows how our society works,

Re: From Dino Melaye To Andy Uba, Who Degrees Epp? By Tunde Asaju- Daily Trust by dessz(m): 6:17am On Apr 06, 2017
morbeta:
I came.....i read......and left without comments.
is this not a comment undecided

Re: From Dino Melaye To Andy Uba, Who Degrees Epp? By Tunde Asaju- Daily Trust by AntiWailer: 6:18am On Apr 06, 2017
Tallesty1:
Did you read everything

Yes I did .

My post was about the issues not the write up.
Re: From Dino Melaye To Andy Uba, Who Degrees Epp? By Tunde Asaju- Daily Trust by ikaboy: 6:57am On Apr 06, 2017
A very fool.... Write up. If e no help, y are de forging it??
Re: From Dino Melaye To Andy Uba, Who Degrees Epp? By Tunde Asaju- Daily Trust by Agimor(m): 7:10am On Apr 06, 2017
A simple underground search by INEC, prior to the election would have unravel all these forgers we have as Senator.
Re: From Dino Melaye To Andy Uba, Who Degrees Epp? By Tunde Asaju- Daily Trust by Ikwokrikwo: 7:20am On Apr 06, 2017
Buhari does not have even Secondary School Certificate.
A stark illiterate.
Re: From Dino Melaye To Andy Uba, Who Degrees Epp? By Tunde Asaju- Daily Trust by princeSammyz: 7:31am On Apr 06, 2017
'Or were they camels that passed through the eye of the security needle?'... What do U expect when the needle has an elastic adjustable eye? In this country, what is right or wrong, good or bad, depends so much on ethnic, religious, political, etc affiliations; so much so that the masses can hardly stand up with a single voice against the evils of the ruling elites. If not so, tell me how, for example, Ibori still remains a saint to some, and a crook to others. Lovely article I must say... But Nigerians and flowery language sha. See grammar for d opening sentence... I need a dictionary please
Re: From Dino Melaye To Andy Uba, Who Degrees Epp? By Tunde Asaju- Daily Trust by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 06, 2017
Bloody hypocrite,don't you take sides with the Daura President who paid 30 sans to defend his certificate case in court against the others.
Dirty idiot
AntiWailer:

Many thanks to poverty
Re: From Dino Melaye To Andy Uba, Who Degrees Epp? By Tunde Asaju- Daily Trust by AntiWailer: 8:31am On Apr 06, 2017
illuminated93:
Bloody hypocrite,don't you take sides with the Daura President who paid 30 sans to defend his certificate case in court against the others.
Dirty idiot

As usual. Brainless assertion without proofs.

In case you have honor to apologize. I will go into the archive and show you my post on Buhari's certificate issue shortly.

When you want to to write rubbish, you can check well before you write.

When a lawyer chickened out of the certificate issue.

AntiWailer:

I wish another person takes that case up.

The certificate of the president is not a personal matter.

We all deserve to know where it is if it exist at all.

When Trump Challenged Obama on his Birth Certifcate , he released it for all to see.

Even if the certificate is lost or stolen. Photocopy of the original sheet showing other candidates would have helped.

Posted when a certificate was found.

AntiWailer:
Buhari no get Certificate, see this one wasting the one he get. grin

A post criticizing the decision to go and treat ear infection abroad.
AntiWailer:
I have seen my Feck and I want to give it.

When it comes to money meant for the masses, my Feck is readily available.

I hope this would be investigated and findings made public.

We don't want useless responses like "We will not join issues with Sahara Reporters"

So how will our hospitals be better when Our President cannot treat Ear infection here. If Buhari led by example, it will be easy to cut excesses of political holders going abroad for treatment.

Unlike what m0r0ns try to paint me as, I lick no Assss. I say it as it as i feel. PERIOD

I am not a politician. I am a skilled guy and I earn more than the official amount the politicians would earn in their office without STEALING.
Re: From Dino Melaye To Andy Uba, Who Degrees Epp? By Tunde Asaju- Daily Trust by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 06, 2017
Please pass,you're just a bloody hypocrite
AntiWailer:

As usual. Brainless assertion without proofs.

In case you have honor to apologize. I will go into the archive and show you my post on Buhari's certificate issue shortly.

When you want to to write rubbish, you can check well before you write.
Re: From Dino Melaye To Andy Uba, Who Degrees Epp? By Tunde Asaju- Daily Trust by AntiWailer: 8:45am On Apr 06, 2017
illuminated93:
Please pass,you're just a bloody hypocrite

You don't say pass.

Even idiots can have a little honour by saying "My bad, I am sorry"

When you have time, you check through my post. I have criticized Fashola, Tinubu, APC, PDP.

I am not a politician. I am a skilled guy and I earn more than the official amount the politicians would earn in their office without STEALING.
Re: From Dino Melaye To Andy Uba, Who Degrees Epp? By Tunde Asaju- Daily Trust by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 06, 2017
By pass,i meant you should get the fucck outta my mentions. Oniranu oshi
AntiWailer:

You don't say pass.

Even idiots can have a little honour by saying "My bad, I am sorry"

When you have time, you check through my post. I have criticized Fashola, Tinubu, APC, PDP.

Re: From Dino Melaye To Andy Uba, Who Degrees Epp? By Tunde Asaju- Daily Trust by AntiWailer: 8:56am On Apr 06, 2017
illuminated93:
By pass,i meant you should get the fucck outta my mentions. Oniranu oshi

Uncle Ode,

Why u dey provoke ?

You lied and got caught. Instead of your apology, you are ranting.

You mentioned me first, lied about my stand on Buhari's certifciate, got caught and want me to 'fukka outa ur mention' Ara Galatia.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Is On The Rise! An Address Presented By The Governor Of Anambra State, / Federal Govt Should Give South-east, South-south Equal Share --- Orji Uzor Kalu / Show Me On Buhari's Supporter/apc Supporter Who Doesn't Hate Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.