Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them (57501 Views)

Tolulope Arotile: Shehu Sani Calls On FG, States To Immortalise The Late Heroine / Customs Closes Gate To Stop Oyo Govt From Returning 1,800 Bags Of Rice (pics) / Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by princechurchill(m): 8:09am On Apr 06, 2017
Their born to rule attitude will be their end am just waiting

2 Likes

Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by Tenim47(m): 8:09am On Apr 06, 2017
angry
Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 06, 2017
Sweetguy25:
The man who killed them is still alive and kicking. In fact, he's a billionaire enjoying his life to the fullest.

Are you sure about this? That he is enjoying life to the fullest? Money does not necessarily translate into joy or a good name.

2 Likes

Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by Guestlander: 8:09am On Apr 06, 2017
If only the palm tree could talk......

3 Likes

Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by Mrgregaye: 8:10am On Apr 06, 2017
Let ur will be done
Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by hucienda: 8:10am On Apr 06, 2017
General Aguiyi-Ironsi and Colonel Fajuyi.

They were among the thousands brutally murdered in the Hausa-Fulani counter coup of July 1966 eventually culminating in civil war the following year.

Rest on soldiers. You will always be remembered.

#Salute

8 Likes

Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by Nobody: 8:11am On Apr 06, 2017
hehe before we know it, demons will start possessing this tree because of the mad and inordinate admiration for this tree..
Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by buffalowings: 8:12am On Apr 06, 2017
constituted authority wants to paper over his bad governance

we will not take it

2 Likes

Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by hermosa7: 8:13am On Apr 06, 2017
Why not cut it down undecided

1 Like

Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by Ishilove: 8:13am On Apr 06, 2017
Senator Ajimobi 'galvanised and mobilised'... Journalism in Nigeria is becoming a joke.

2 Likes

Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by onadana: 8:13am On Apr 06, 2017
kingzizzy:

Thats the thing I will never understand. General TY Danjuma who killed Ironsi and Fajuyi is still walking about a free man and still being praised by the same people who are trying to immortalise the Palm tree where he commited doubble murder

TY Danjuma..was a military man who only obeyed orders.There is a chain of command.
Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by Ninilowo(m): 8:18am On Apr 06, 2017
Sweetguy25:
The man who killed them is still alive and kicking. In fact, he's a billionaire enjoying his life to the fullest.
I wonder how he ll feel after reading this story. The guy is messenger of death. He was also actively involved in the murder of Mama Ransom-Kuti.

1 Like

Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by icejoel(m): 8:18am On Apr 06, 2017
YINKS89:
I jus learnt smfin today.
what did you learn?
Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by Mbediogu(m): 8:20am On Apr 06, 2017
I am yet to see another soldier / statesman after Fajuyi. If he were alive, that war war would not have been. Immortalise the spot of his death but that will not do. I have since immortalised him in my heart since I read about him. Rest on officer.

4 Likes

Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 06, 2017
Ok

Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 06, 2017
Fajuyi. ..brave Yoruba officer who sacrificed his life for his Igbo guest.

YET, there are m0r0ns screaming afonja like the poster above me (CokersClub) with his microscopic IQ.

SAD angry

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by Shafiiimran99: 8:27am On Apr 06, 2017
Wastin of money, is it immortalization that will we need now when u find it difficult to pay salary of workers
Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by northvietnam(m): 8:29am On Apr 06, 2017
Ironsi is an old fool...

Aguiyi Ironsi Rest in pieces...

if you listened to Ojukwu, you wouldn't have brought Gowon 10,000 poles near you..

Aguiyi ironsi appointment...

Gown... Chief of Army staff..

Mallam Hamsad Amadu .. Ironsi private secretary.

made lieutenant Sani bello his ADC...

Major General Johnson Thomas Umunakwe Aguiyi Ironsi you brought this marginalization upon Igbos...

Those uncircumcised Animals killed you cuz you surrounded your self with Enemies

After your death Gowon your Army Chief of staff took over and killed 3million of your people.. during the war..

Aguiyi you are dead but Gowon is still alive..

even My Danjuma is Alive and richer than your 100th Generation...

Aguiyi you brought this mess so

Rest in pieces..

7 Likes

Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by proudlyYoruba(m): 8:30am On Apr 06, 2017
I am a proud Yoruba boy, either hausas or igbos we strive to protect our guest, we are the true body of AFRICANISM. Can somebody tell me that saying. Even at the point of death, in front of a gun he shivers not and history paid less homage to him. RESPECT FAJUYI

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by intruxive(m): 8:31am On Apr 06, 2017
Fajuyi offered to die with aguyi ironsi despite the fact that the coup ploters were only after igbo men. Another historical fact for the daft ppl from that region who come hr daily to cry over how they are hated by afonja

5 Likes

Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by Buharimustgo: 8:33am On Apr 06, 2017
What kind of Memorial, when TY Danjuma his former ADC,Buhari,Abacha,IBB,Jeremiah Oseni,Murtial Mohammed have not accepted and admitted in the roles they played in killing their boss and benefactor

1 Like

Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by victorazy(m): 8:35am On Apr 06, 2017
Sweetguy25:

And they want Nigeria to be in peace.

4 Likes

Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by robosky02(m): 8:39am On Apr 06, 2017
oh ......

5 Likes

Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by AimingIncognito(f): 8:39am On Apr 06, 2017
jazinogold:
Legend who can recite National Anthem unlike the chinco Romanian wey dy claim Nigerian yet simple National Anthem she can't recite

I tried humming the national anthem after reading your post and i noticed i'm mixing up some of the 'lyrics'
Im in my office, oya comman beat me tongue
Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by LegendaryArnold(m): 8:43am On Apr 06, 2017
Na only where dem kill person dem dey immortalise.. see Muritala as dem immortalise him car for years, Okwaraji sef dem immortalise am for the stadium wey him die, now this? The first place where oil was discovered has been abandoned... no sport person was immortalised for their national achievement instead na when dem die we go dey remember them.. sigh!

1 Like

Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by Icon4s(m): 8:45am On Apr 06, 2017
kingzizzy:

Thats the thing I will never understand. General TY Danjuma who killed Ironsi and Fajuyi is still walking about a free man and still being praised by the same people who are trying to immortalise the Palm tree where he commited doubble murder

I almost shed tears when i read the line where Fajuyi said "something like "If u must kill my visitor then kill me along". That is the exact same way all history books have put it. So it could not have been made up.

Do u know that if not for that singular act by Fajuyi the Igbos would have believed he had a hand in Ironsi's death?
Fajuyi paid the price of brotherhood between Igbos and Yorubas.

I always feel bad when i see the present generation of Igbo and Yoruba youths calling themselves all sorts of names. It is a big shame. When we should be coming together to fight our common enemies?

TY Danjuma and his brothers killed two of our illustrious sons who were what our youths are not today.

How many Yoruba young men can die for an Igbo young man and vice versa?

Fulani herdsmen are ravaging our communities here down south and all we can do is to insult and mock which ever region was affected.

I am really disappointed in our youths of today. Tribalism was not as much as it is among youths of today. Growing up most of my friends were Yorubas. And Yoruba muslims for that matter. We could do anything for each other.

Honestly, dnt know where we are heading in this country.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by spayor(m): 8:45am On Apr 06, 2017
AimingIncognito:

I tried humming the national anthem after reading your post and i noticed i'm mixing up some of the 'lyrics'
Im in my office, oya comman beat me tongue
Lol...all these people with 'come & beat me trend; the day wey hand go touch una ehn...
Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by Adebowale89(m): 8:47am On Apr 06, 2017
when the going get tough, the tough get going. that's the definition of fajuyi a proud Yoruba officer that sacrifice life for an Igbo officer

yet people still hate that region. you can't just but like a Yoruba region if you are doing your medical check-up frequently

2 Likes

Re: The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them by AuroraB(f): 8:48am On Apr 06, 2017
Palm tree sad
I don't want to talk undecided lipsrsealed

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman / Senator Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan (Governorship Candidate) Shines At APC Rally / We Used Almajiris To Vote Out Jonathan – Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.