Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,544 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis (2485 Views)

Deconstructing The Myth That PMB Is Popular Enough To Win A Free & Fair Election / Minister Of Health Blames GEJ For Meningitis Outbreak / Meningitis: God’s Punishment For Fornication - Yari, Zamfara Governor Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by omobarBlog(m): 9:24am On Apr 06, 2017
Nigerians are seriously angry because this govt promised us change and now what we are seeing isn't looking like one..
what are your thoughts guys?

SOURCE: http://www.omobanews.com/2017/04/jonathan-demystified-contained-ebola.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by omobarBlog(m): 9:25am On Apr 06, 2017
Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by Tallesty1(m): 9:27am On Apr 06, 2017

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by profhezekiah: 9:33am On Apr 06, 2017
Buhari is clueless,useless,brainless,heartless,shameless but how will he budget 1billion dollar abt 390 billion naira for Meningitis dat is an absurd terrible lie frm the pit of hell.

13 Likes

Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by tchimatic(m): 9:34am On Apr 06, 2017
@sarrki and Bmc crew... Come and defend una boss.

9 Likes

Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by tchimatic(m): 9:34am On Apr 06, 2017
@sarrki and Bmc crew... Come and defend una boss. ...

6 Likes

Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 06, 2017
sai baber hehegegegeheheg
Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by SalamRushdie: 9:42am On Apr 06, 2017
Buhari is the worst president Nigeria has had ..I have never seen a more clueless leader

6 Likes

Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by pritykate(f): 9:43am On Apr 06, 2017
buhari is a big joker!!!!

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by odduduwa: 9:50am On Apr 06, 2017
omobarBlog:
Nigerians are seriously angry because this govt promised us change and now what we are seeing isn't looking like one..
what are your thoughts guys?

SOURCE: http://www.omobanews.com/2017/04/jonathan-demystified-contained-ebola.html
is the drunkard still alive
Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by eleojo23: 9:52am On Apr 06, 2017
Not surprised.

Buhari's government is simply a disaster.

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by Jabioro: 9:54am On Apr 06, 2017
I beg make un na give headache this morning.. $1billion dollar for wetin..

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by annnikky(f): 9:59am On Apr 06, 2017
Lier Muhammed should come n defend d dullard n tell naija d reason why they're using $1B for vaccine undecided

8 Likes

Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by omobarBlog(m): 10:15am On Apr 06, 2017
CC: lalaclastica
Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by stonemasonn: 10:19am On Apr 06, 2017
It is not about GEJ or PMB, it is about the state government. The governors of the affected states are not proactive.
As for Ebola, you must first give credit to the late doctor and nurse that restrained the carrier, then the state government for being proactive and then the FG for the work.

As for $1billion, I am totally speechless.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by BetaThings: 11:10am On Apr 06, 2017
profhezekiah:
Buhari is clueless,useless,brainless,heartless,shameless but how will he budget 1billion dollar abt 390 billion naira for Meningitis dat is an absurd terrible lie frm the pit of hell.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/meningitis-1-1bn-required-vaccinate-22m-people-5-states-fg/

$1.1b is required to immunise 22m people for Meningitis
How many people were immunised against Ebola zero because there si no vaccine for it but survivors develop immunity naturally
Is it inflated, I don't know but let us compare apples with apples

https://www.nairaland.com/1929463/jonathan-pdp-cant-claim-credit

Timelines

July 20 - Mr Sawyer got to Nigeria
July 22 - Mr Sawyer died
Aug 8 - Jonathan announced Ebola support Fund
Aug 12 - New Isolation centre opened by Lagos State
Aug 13 - Jonathan (Minister of Health) met with governor (Commissioners of Health)
FG later gave Lagos State N200m N76m was spent on First Consultant hospital and survivors

You guys will continue to vote for the wrong person out of

ignorance
selective amnesia
Or both

When Ebola got to Nigeria, Lagos State government set to work and built a new isolation facility in less than 1 month
The patients had been moved to the new facility before Jonathan met with state governors on Ebola
And before the Minister met with State commissioners of Health
The Minister eventually cornered the money for Ebola because he wanted to run for Gov in Ebonyi State

When Ebola got to Nigeria, Lagos State Comm for Health was in Saudi Arabia and he came back immediately and started visiting religious places of worship to ask them to stop inviting patients from other countries to Nigeria
Minister was in Australia attending HIV conference and concluded the conference before returning to Nigeria

Fashola spent 3 hours personally talking to CDC Atlanta on Ebola

These are facts

Read Dr Igonoh's letter to Bill Gates on this matter

https://www.gatesnotes.com/Health/Surviving-Ebola-Dr-Ada-Igonoh

Jonathan gave N200m to Lagos State out of which N50m was given to the hospital were Mr Sawyer died and N2m each to the 13 survivors
That is N76m
You think N124m was spent on drugs etc by Lagos State?

Sadly, Justina succumbed to the disease on the 12th of August. It was a great blow and my faith was greatly shaken as a result. I commenced daily Bible study with the other two female patients and we would encourage one another to stay positive in our outlook, though in the natural it was grim and very depressing. My communion sessions with the other women were very special moments for us all.

On the 10th day in the ward, the doctors having noted that I had stopped vomiting and stooling and was no longer running a fever, decided it was time to take my blood sample to test if the virus had cleared from my system. They took the sample and told me that I shouldn't be worried if it comes out positive as the virus takes a while before it is cleared completely. I prayed that I didn't want any more samples collected from me. I wanted that to be the first and last sample to be tested for the absence of the virus in my system. I called my pastor. He encouraged me and we prayed again about the test.

On the evening of the day Justina passed on, we were moved to the new isolation centre

Jonathan met with Govs after this

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/jonathan-describes-late-patrick-sawyer-actions-pure-madness/
Wednesday was Aug 13

“On Wednesday, I will meet with governor of the states, and they must come along with their commissioners of Health. We must make sure that every state is prepared, where they lack, the federal government will support them,”

Ebola Fund was diverted by Ministry of Health
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/167335-nigerian-health-minister-says-n1-9-bn-ebola-fund-will-be-used-for-cars-others.html

Amidst angry reactions trailing the unavailability of the N1.9 billion released by President Goodluck Jonathan for the management of Ebola, the Health Minister, Onyebuchi Chukwu, has denied the money was for the management of the virus.

Mr. Chukwu’s denial came Tuesday despite an official statement from the federal government to the contrary.

On August 8, at the peak of the Ebola crisis, the president, in a press release signed by Reuban Abati, announced the release of N1.9 billion as a Special Intervention Fund for the management of Ebola.

“President Jonathan also approved a Special Intervention Plan and the immediate release of N1. 9 billion for its implementation, to further strengthen on-going steps to contain the virus such as the establishment of additional isolation centres, case management, contact tracing, deployment of additional personnel, screening at borders, and the procurement of required items and facilities.

The President commends the vigilance of aviation and health authorities in Lagos who identified and isolated the index case in Nigeria, the late Patrick Sawyer, an American-Liberian who flew into the country,”the statement read.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by myplaydiary: 11:17am On Apr 06, 2017
Op Wetin you call am, PMB abi? So what where you expecting?

Or is this not the PMB you are referring too grin

8 Likes

Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by Katyusha(m): 12:00pm On Apr 06, 2017
profhezekiah:
Relax.
PMB is President...the Otuoke buffoon lost.
Get over it.
Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by vedaxcool(m): 12:05pm On Apr 06, 2017
86% of the comments so far are exceedingly daft and dumb... the money will be used in purchasing vaccines to inoculate 22m people unlike Ebola which was curtailed largely due to the efforts of lagos government, Meningitis have vaccines which will prevent the spread of the disease.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by BiafraIShere(m): 12:11pm On Apr 06, 2017
This is just the beginning, by the time buhari is done with you guys, you all will know that a dull, old and illiterate man has no business in governance.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by profhezekiah: 12:11pm On Apr 06, 2017
I better remain silent because it seems U are delusional,sentimental and devour by hate U just comment rubbish out of illusion
BetaThings:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/meningitis-1-1bn-required-vaccinate-22m-people-5-states-fg/

Is it inflated, I don't know but let us compare apples with apples

https://www.nairaland.com/1929463/jonathan-pdp-cant-claim-credit

Timelines

July 20 - Mr Sawyer got to Nigeria
July 22 - Mr Sawyer died
Aug 8 - Jonathan announced Ebola support Fund
Aug 12 - New Isolation centre opened by Lagos State
Aug 13 - Jonathan (Minister of Health) met with governor (Commissioners of Health)
FG later gave Lagos State N200m N76m was spent on First Consultant hospital and survivors

You guys will continue to vote for the wrong person out of

ignorance
selective amnesia
Or both

When Ebola got to Nigeria, Lagos State government set to work and built a new isolation facility in less than 1 month
The patients had been moved to the new facility before Jonathan met with state governors on Ebola
And before the Minister met with State commissioners of Health
The Minister eventually cornered the money for Ebola because he wanted to run for Gov in Ebonyi State

When Ebola got to Nigeria, Lagos State Comm for Health was in Saudi Arabia and he came back immediately and started visiting religious places of worship to ask them to stop inviting patients from other countries to Nigeria
Minister was in Australia attending HIV conference and concluded the conference before returning to Nigeria

Fashola spent 3 hours personally talking to CDC Atlanta on Ebola

These are facts

Read Dr Igonoh's letter to Bill Gates on this matter

https://www.gatesnotes.com/Health/Surviving-Ebola-Dr-Ada-Igonoh

Jonathan gave N200m to Lagos State out of which N50m was given to the hospital were Mr Sawyer died and N2m each to the 13 survivors
That is N76m
You think N124m was spent on drugs etc by Lagos State?

Jonathan met with Govs after this

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/jonathan-describes-late-patrick-sawyer-actions-pure-madness/
Wednesday was Aug 13

Ebola Fund was diverted by Ministry of Health
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/167335-nigerian-health-minister-says-n1-9-bn-ebola-fund-will-be-used-for-cars-others.html

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by BetaThings: 12:48pm On Apr 06, 2017
profhezekiah:
I better remain silent because it seems U are delusional,sentimental and devour by hate U just comment rubbish out of illusion

Facts are different from opinion
You can abuse and curse as much as you want - opinion
But I challenge you to contest the facts
Make the attempt, you will be better for it

1 Like

Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by BetaThings: 12:50pm On Apr 06, 2017
BiafraIShere:
This is just the beginning, by the time buhari is done with you guys, you all will know that a dull, old and illiterate man has no business in governance.

In denial
You are in denial, sire

Ebola money was largely embezzled
Do you know 5 people immunized against Ebola?

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by BetaThings: 12:55pm On Apr 06, 2017
vedaxcool:
86% of the comments so far are exceedingly daft and dumb... the money will be used in purchasing vaccines to inoculate 22m people unlike Ebola which was curtailed largely due to the efforts of lagos government, Meningitis have vaccines which will prevent the spread of the disease.

Nigerian youths are neither interested in facts nor concerned with issues of societal development
They are more focussed on tribal, religious, divisions
Nothing else matters much

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by OreMI22: 2:00pm On Apr 06, 2017
Buhari is all about waste and sharing money at the slightest excuse

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 06, 2017
Katyusha:
Relax.
PMB is President...the Otuoke buffoon lost.
Get over it.
JJonathan wasnt d best quite aiit but r u enjoying buharis regime?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by BetaThings: 3:10pm On Apr 06, 2017
Oreoo:
JJonathan wasnt d best quite aiit but r u enjoying buharis regime?

Would it have been better under Jonathan who was borrowing to pay salaries even before Buhari got there

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/182543-nigerian-govt-borrowing-billions-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala.html

1 Like

Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by ivandragon: 3:12pm On Apr 06, 2017
haters of GEJ are just so predictable.

see them attributing the stoppage of the Ebola virus to Fashola.

I guess it was Fashola that got the passenger manifest from MMIA & all potential contacts of the index case;

I guess it was Fashola that put in place measures to increase surveillance at key points of entry;

I guess it was Fashola that was tracking potential carriers that crossed state lines;

PMB apologists always trying to give twisted narratives.

if I person must be singled out, it is the courageous female doctor.

GEJ messed up by not doing something in memory of her sacrifice...

& the APC are even bigger airheads for using her name to criticize GEJ for not honouring her only for them to get into power & also not do anything to honour her.

8 Likes

Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by IBBG(m): 3:24pm On Apr 06, 2017
this is preposterous

1 Like

Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by profhezekiah: 3:34pm On Apr 06, 2017
I didnt abuse U or curse I said it seems (probably) U are..... I didnt say U are a (assurance)..... Pls don't make me quilty of the sin I never committed am a christian.
BetaThings:

Facts are different from opinion
You can abuse and curse as much as you want - opinion
But I challenge you to contest the facts
Make the attempt, you will be better for it
Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by Samunique(m): 3:42pm On Apr 06, 2017
vedaxcool:
So $1b na 1 billion naira ?

U are telling us that amount of money is not outrageous for Meningitis vaccines

Your case no be here ooo vedaxcool undecided

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Demystified & Contained Ebola With $11m PMB Is Budgeting $1B For Meningitis by BeardedMeat(m): 3:45pm On Apr 06, 2017
I am not surprised! The daura vegetable has but little time left and must take his fair share of the national cake.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Chose Kabiru Turaki To Slug It Out With Buhari - See / Nigeria Will Break-up After 2019 General Elections / Igbos, Buhari Wont Relinquish Power If He Loses So Why Bother?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.