Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,290 members, 7,836,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

3 Reasons Why Passion Is Better Than A Certificate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 3 Reasons Why Passion Is Better Than A Certificate (460 Views)

Havard Online Program Backed By A Certificate / Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 / 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Reasons Why Passion Is Better Than A Certificate by Thepasserby(m): 2:15pm On Apr 06, 2017
Believe it or not, We’ve all been lied to. The most potent lie we were ever told in life was this “go to school, get good grades and you will make it in life.”

Please before you crucify me, I want you to know that I am not against the school system but all I am saying is that this little prison called “school” has been overhyped to the extent that people can do anything just to find themselves there. I know of a lot of people who took up a course they know nothing about just because they wanted to get the certificate. They wanted to be called students.

Certificate is good but when it is combined with passion, it becomes even better. Most of the people who now rule the world did not do that by pursuing a certificate but by following their passions. Their passions led them straight to limelight and the certificates came crawling before their doors.

Here are some reasons why your passion is far better than that certificate.

1. You don’t see your passion as a burden:
The reason why most scientist succeeded was because their passion was in what they were doing. You can never get bored of following after your passion.

2. The certificate market is congested
There are no jobs anywhere and there are job opportunities waiting to be discovered. The certificate market may be congested but the passion market is never congested. There is always a vacancy.

3. Certificate is slavery, passion is freedom
With certificates, you become enslaved to certain laws and theories that were propounded by others but with passion, you tend to set the rules. While certificates lead to bondage, passion sets your whole being free.

Copied from palmchat #facts

www.palmchatnow.com

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Passion Is Better Than A Certificate by dingbang(m): 2:25pm On Apr 06, 2017
Nice one..

What if I have passion for armed robbery?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Passion Is Better Than A Certificate by Midgut(m): 2:51pm On Apr 06, 2017
Nigeria education is a zilch!
The only thing we do here is committing lecturers note and text books into memory. If you are on first class don't think you are intelligent-----it is just that you allot more of your time into memorizing stupid notes given you by your lecturers.
Before you start criticizing me, I am also a student. First class in part one (100level) before preclinical, now in part4. we are still memorizing book coupled with stupid practicals. Nigeria education na watch!
Re: 3 Reasons Why Passion Is Better Than A Certificate by Studentcosmos(m): 3:21pm On Apr 06, 2017
What if your passion is facing obstacles like inadequate materials, finance and support. What will you do?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Passion Is Better Than A Certificate by branhampaul: 3:44pm On Apr 06, 2017
wish most africans knew this esp. my parents.. can you imagine people killing themselves for JAMB?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Passion Is Better Than A Certificate by branhampaul: 3:46pm On Apr 06, 2017
Studentcosmos:
What if your passion is facing obstacles like inadequate materials, finance and support. What will you do?
What if your school is causing you troubles like inadequate text books, finance and someone to pay your sch. fees. what will you do?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Passion Is Better Than A Certificate by Smith16(m): 8:58am On Apr 07, 2017
Everything you mentioned up there is 100% correct.

(1) (Reply)

JAMB: Why Mock Exam Didn’t Hold On Saturday / Flyingdove Institute,abuja To Start FUT Minna Degree Programs In September / Bill Gates Tweeted That Every Student Should Read This Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.