Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Is God A Narcissist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God A Narcissist? (414 Views)

If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar / Is The Christian God A God Of Slavery? / What created God ? A Response To Atheist Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God A Narcissist? by lanya: 4:16pm On Apr 06, 2017
No, like seriously. I was on Bellanaija sometime last year and I came across a comment on a post . The commenter was asking why God needed so much praise all the time if he wasn’t a narcissist . she also asked if he was a sadist, because why else would he want someone to cry and beg and grovel before answering one small prayer. if not for my laziness, I would have gone to look for that comment. It was surprising to note that a lot of people had agreed with her, well because we’re overtly religious and I half expected her to be bullied into spiritual submission.because I could relate almost too well with that comment, I got a screenshot of it and used it as my Whatsapp profile picture and the firebrand Madonnas of our time nearly had my head , someone even called me a blasphemer.

I used to think and question God like this too, like why can’t you just destroy the devil once and for all so we can hear word, what’s the essence of creating us and giving us freedom to make choices if you already know the choices we’re going to make after all you know the end from the beginning and so on and so forth, why should some people have it better than others bla bla bla. I still don’t have most of the answers but I think I can attempt a few.

Wanting praise doesn’t make one a narcissist, wanting praise when you’ve done nothing praiseworthy does; a delusional one at that but I bet that no matter how bad things seem to get, if you’re honest you’ll see that you have a lot to thank God for, besides God is perfect! I honestly don’t know which other requirement is needed for praise and I think if you want to come into his presence ,you have to come correct. Yes I know He’s your father and you shouldn’t have to airbrush anything before calling on him but this isn’t airbrushing, it’s acknowledgement that He’s God, just like how you preen and prepare to meet your father before asking him for something or how you double-check your work for errors before presenting them to your teacher/boss.

Why doesn’t he just destroy the devil?... Read more at https://olliealley./
Re: Is God A Narcissist? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 06, 2017
God is not man! Man will always talk and think like a man because all he has is a little wisdom

1 Like

Re: Is God A Narcissist? by felixomor: 5:13pm On Apr 06, 2017
The real people doing the praising are not complaining! cool

1 Like

Re: Is God A Narcissist? by ifenes(m): 5:17pm On Apr 06, 2017
felixomor:
The real people doing the praising are not complaining! cool

Because their minds are clouded.
Re: Is God A Narcissist? by felixomor: 5:31pm On Apr 06, 2017
ifenes:

Because they their minds are clouded.

And yours is open, i guesss.........

Mscheww......! lipsrsealed
Re: Is God A Narcissist? by EVarn(m): 5:59pm On Apr 06, 2017
I do wonder too....when I read that all the host of heaven worship him 24/7,I was like,why does he want all that worship?,what is the point?
Re: Is God A Narcissist? by randomperson: 8:02pm On Apr 06, 2017
God is a narcissist... Here's why
- he always wants to be the center of attraction
- he holds grudges
- it's never his fault, it's always yours or the devil's

(1) (Reply)

Girls Lose Respect When They Are Sexually Immoral / On Consciousness / Religious War Brew As Sharia Court Marries Off A 16yrOld Xtain Girl To Foreigner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.