Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,937 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) (13056 Views)

30-Year-Old Man Who Raped 10-Year-Old Girl In Benin, Granted Bail. Photos / US Court Jails Nigerian Hacker Obinna Obioha For $6.5m Fraud (photo) / Police Arrest Man For N4.5m Fraud Through Fake Bank Alerts (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by tyokunbo(m): 6:04pm On Apr 06, 2017
Source: http://towncrieronline.net/2017/04/06/n2-5m-fraud-court-revokes-native-doctors-bail/

Justice A. B. Mohammed of the Federal Capital Territory High Court sitting in Jabi, Abuja today revoked the bail granted to one Bala Tangalu, who is facing trial on a 2-count charge of conspiracy and obtaining by false pretence money to the tune of N2.5million by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

This is contained in a press release contained on the website of the anti-corruption agency.

Tangalu, a self-styled native doctor also known as Babalawo, was arraigned on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 following an investigation into a petition by one Dozie Ugonna, who alleged that he was scammed of over N2.5million by the accused and his cohorts.

According to the petitioner, the money was meant for the purchase of materials to neutralize some harmful charms purportedly contained in a carton filled with United States dollars.

The offence is contrary to Section 8 (a) and punishable under Section 8 (C) and 1 (3) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act No. 14, 2006.

The defendant pleaded not guilty to the charge and was granted bail by the court in the sum of N2million with two sureties in like sum. But, he has refused to show up in court for his trial.

Following his refusal to attend court for trial, counsel to EFCC, Elizabeth Alabi, at the sitting today made two applications. The first application is urging the court to revoke the bail of the defendant and order his arrest, while the second application is for trial to continue in absential pursuant to Section 352 (4) of the ACJA.

Justice Mohammed granted the application on the issuance of bench warrant and dismissed that of trial in absential on the grounds that “it is the first adjournment”.
Thereafter, the case was adjourned to May 3, 2017 for trial.

Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by feeloscar(m): 6:25pm On Apr 06, 2017
Na so
Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by jolamat(m): 6:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
Heeya
Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by DlawTECHY(m): 6:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
Hehehe angry grin grin
Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by Aburi001: 6:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
The guy don hammer wella before alarm blow.... grin

See as his face look fresh grin

Make he go eat Beans and Garri small for Kuje Prison tongue

Greet Kanu for me, tell am say him brothers Don abandon him ooh as Buhari don kick-start the 2nd Niger Bridge.......lol grin

2 Likes

Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by soberdrunk(m): 6:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
People still fall for that "dollar in carton that needs to be neutralized scam"??!! In 2017!!!?? I know nobody is above 'scamming' but to scam someone like me you have to come up with a very very very brilliant scam and you will still spend enough money because before i even listen to the scam i go first don drink like 5 cold gulder on your head........ angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by cr7rooney10(m): 6:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
Lawyers
Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by Tenim47(m): 6:50pm On Apr 06, 2017
embarassed me ayam not understanding o
Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by gasperkoya(m): 6:50pm On Apr 06, 2017
brb
Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by Fireson: 6:50pm On Apr 06, 2017
With his face like poo angry
Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by Sharon6(f): 6:51pm On Apr 06, 2017
419....see how robust and well fed he looks. Awodi jeun epe sanra

GET RID OF STRETCH MARKS, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!
Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by olasclef(m): 6:51pm On Apr 06, 2017
End time babalawo
Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by SageTravels: 6:52pm On Apr 06, 2017
This Kind Native Doctor. I sure say the man the use Google
Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by kings09(m): 6:54pm On Apr 06, 2017
Ik
Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by ipreach: 6:55pm On Apr 06, 2017
inukwa
Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by rusher14: 6:55pm On Apr 06, 2017
Those that love corruption should come to the aid of their lost one.

Simply because he is not a politician should not prevent you from support your own.

2 Likes

Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by Ezedon(m): 6:55pm On Apr 06, 2017
Terrible stories, only in Nigeria
Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 06, 2017
Who no like better thing? Babalawo no gree again, everytime he dey make people rich, him middle name no be poverty
Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by timbs001(m): 6:56pm On Apr 06, 2017
Oh boy see pot belly. The guy don chop money finish
Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by awofodu3(m): 7:03pm On Apr 06, 2017
Abeg is news??
Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by sakalisis(m): 7:04pm On Apr 06, 2017
Ok
Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by naijafengist: 7:05pm On Apr 06, 2017
Cool cash for him

See photos of Karen Igho and Ebuka as they visit the 5 top finalists of BBN. Read more here
http://www.updatesflow.tk/2017/04/bbn-karen-igho-rakos-and-ebuka-visit.html

Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by chmeze(m): 7:10pm On Apr 06, 2017
Fake native doctor... can't he disappear?
Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by juman(m): 7:18pm On Apr 06, 2017
Kai, the man resemble so much one yoruba man we served together in gombe.

1 Like

Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by pmc01(m): 7:24pm On Apr 06, 2017
2 million naira bail on top scam of #2.5million?
E get as e be cheesy
Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by comfortchemical: 7:28pm On Apr 06, 2017
Na people like u MMM scam
soberdrunk:
People still fall for that "dollar in carton that needs to be neutralized scam"??!! In 2017!!!?? I know nobody is above 'scamming' but to scam someone like me you have to come up with a very very very brilliant scam and you will still spend enough money because before i even listen to the scam i go first don drink like 5 cold gulder on your head........ angry
Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by timota(m): 7:36pm On Apr 06, 2017
soberdrunk:
u are not well when only u come drink 5 bottles which one will the native doctor will for buying bitter cola and alligator pepper
Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by exlinkleads(f): 7:38pm On Apr 06, 2017
ok
Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by simatiniya: 10:26pm On Apr 06, 2017
Ah! Babalawos are stepping up oh!
Re: N2.5m Fraud: Court Revokes Native Doctor's Bail (photos) by 2bam: 4:47am On Apr 07, 2017
both the plaintiff and defendant are liable,

(1) (2) (Reply)

He Only Pretended To Be Dead - Police Reacts To Report Of Killing Bus Driver / My Husband Now Was The Cult Leader Who Raped And Impregnated Me In School. / Man Arrested For Attempting To Dupe Police Commissioner In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.