Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Enugu Electricity Distribution Company: An Institutional Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Enugu Electricity Distribution Company: An Institutional Fraud (974 Views)

"I Will Rape You" - Man To Electricity Official Who Cut His Wire, Strips Unclad / IBEDC Staff In Ogun Beaten For Distributing Electricity Bill (Disturbing Pics) / Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (eedc) Manager Jailed For Crazy Billing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Electricity Distribution Company: An Institutional Fraud by Timelezz: 9:17pm On Apr 06, 2017
I decided to repost this after receiving it from a friend via WhatsApp as I have experienced same criminal representation and billing of electricity consumption in Enugu too

Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) are the biggest fraud in Nigeria at the moment. They refuse to provide meters for their customers and instead resort to estimate billing for them. This estimation is not done in collaboration with the customers and there isn't any agreed formula to arrive at the monthly consumption used to bill customers. Rather they simply put any figure that please them and when customers fail to meet with payment they are disconnected and made to pay reconnection fee ranging between #1000 to #10000 depending on the case. I stay in Ugbene 2 in Enugu now where I just relocated to from one of d major cities in d north. My first month energy consumption was 322Kwh and I was billed #10,457. In d North where pre paid meters r rampant I use energy worth #5,000 monthly and that amounts to about 180kwh. I complained to the EEDC marketer in charge of my area but she asked that I channel my grievance to EEDC mgt as the matter is above her paygrade. After reluctantly settling the bill, I quickly made move to apply for a meter so as to avoid a repeat of such outrageous estimation. I went to their business unit at Osimiri road in Abakpa and was told that application for meters have been put on hold till further notice. They also advised that I check back after a month. Now I received my next bill and EEDC estimated my consumption at 466kwh which amounts to 14,413.

This whole scenario raises some questions which begs for answers. Electricity meters r part of the electrical installation that should be in place before even a customer begins to make use of any service and these installations should be free because they remain property of the electricity supplier. How come EEDC deliberately left out something as important as meters out of their installation? Why is it that prepaid meters are all over d place in the North but people are writing application and being wait listed to acquire same in the southeast? How does EEDC arrive at their estimation for unmetered customers? Why must customers be forced to pay outrageous fees not commensurate with their actual consumption? How long will Enugu people stay silent about this? Why isn't NERC putting EEDC in check as regards this criminal billing system? Where is EFCC, ICPC and the likes as which corruption/ fraud is worse than this?

Forward this broadcast to your contacts that stay in Enugu. There should be no sitting on the fence on this one. One of the evidences of your education is in your speaking out against such widespread criminality and broad daylight robbery. Enough is enough!
Re: Enugu Electricity Distribution Company: An Institutional Fraud by izzou(m): 9:21pm On Apr 06, 2017
It's not only in Enugu sir

EKEDC in lagos are swindling us too.

It's such a pity the government can't fight for its citizens. If you complain,nobody listens.
Re: Enugu Electricity Distribution Company: An Institutional Fraud by Kingcesar: 9:28pm On Apr 06, 2017
Eddc no come dy even bring lyt again self
Re: Enugu Electricity Distribution Company: An Institutional Fraud by Timelezz: 9:34pm On Apr 06, 2017
izzou:
It's not only in Enugu sir

EKEDC in lagos are swindling us too.

It's such a pity the government can't fight for its citizens. If you complain,nobody listens.

I was thinking President Buhari would have stamped his authority on this criminals selling electricity like hard drugs.

It is a shame. NEPA was wat better.
Re: Enugu Electricity Distribution Company: An Institutional Fraud by optional1(f): 10:03pm On Apr 06, 2017
my brother no be for only Enugu oh...
Even where i dey they bring light a day to d day they go distribute bills so u no go fit complain and blame them.

AEDC is d worst company of all times..
Re: Enugu Electricity Distribution Company: An Institutional Fraud by Gfish: 10:39pm On Apr 06, 2017
Ask Fashola.......the guy's a fraud.
Re: Enugu Electricity Distribution Company: An Institutional Fraud by obyrich(m): 7:07am On Apr 07, 2017
Timelezz:
I was thinking President Buhari would have stopped his authority on this criminals selling electricity like hard drugs.

It is a shame. NEPA was wat better.
How will he fight them when Emeka Offor, the owner of EEDC is already has decamped to APC? You never hear of the slogan, 'Join APC now and becone a saint'?
Re: Enugu Electricity Distribution Company: An Institutional Fraud by Saintsammurai(m): 5:27pm On Apr 07, 2017
People should stop complaining about Nigeria and her basic domestic faults in relation to the welfare of her people.

Its a lost course...

If you want a better life, then leave the country.

Simple as that...

Our complaints are lost battles..

(1) (Reply)

You'll Die Before 2017 Ends - Man Curses Lady Who Refused To Give Him Her Number / See Who Among US, Russia, China Has Biggest Capabilities To Destroy World Faster / NEW UPDATE. Latest 419 trick using MTN-NG SMS Alert . PLEASE READ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.